"COLD-HEARTED." | Jumin H. (M...

Von ashieellxs

Jumin Han, heir of an infamous company. C&R International. He has been one of the most well-known, richest ma... Mehr

Chapter 2: Familiarity
Chapter 3: Her Organization
Chapter 4: A Charming Narcisisst
Chapter 5: His So-Called Fiancee
Chapter 6: Mysterious Messages
Chapter 7: A Peaceful Night
Chapter 8: His Pretty, Persian Cat
Chapter 9: Trust in You
Chapter 10: Blue Haired Painter
Chapter 11: His Secret Garden

Chapter 1: Man in Black

501 15 3
Von ashieellxs

[Y/N] = Your Name
[F/N] = First Name
[L/N] = Last Name
[C/N] = Country Name

————————————————————

| [Y/N]'s PoV |

"Finally, time to go home." I said to myself after cleaning all the dirty tables. The cafe is now closed, all the other workers had went home, and I'm the only one who's left in the cafe, except from my strict boss.

I washed my hands, grabbed my bag and went straight to the door, not saying a single word to my boss after what just happened.

Working in a cafe was not bad, but I hated this job, yet I needed it. My parents would be disappointed if they found out I was jobless. I didn't have a choice either.

Speaking of my parents, we used to live at [C/N] and moved to South Korea at the age of 3. They have left and returned home a year ago, deciding I was old enough to live alone. I don't really mind it though. As an introvert, I have always loved to live alone, but I really miss them.

As I go out the cafe, the scent of coffee is slowly fades. I can see the sun is about to set. I take a look at the sky, light blue fading into orange, I can't help but smile at the beautiful view. Watching the sun about to set is enough to make your stress go away.

I instantly turn my gaze away to see someone standing on the other side of the road. I can see my gray-haired friend, Seon. Waiting for me patiently in his working uniform.

He's a hard worker, has a position as a waiter and works near the coffee shop. He would always walks me to my apartment after work, everyday. I have always see him as a big brother – he's been a gracious friend to me. Sometimes, I call him Seon-oppa to make fun of him. His always face scrunches up in disgust when he heard me call that.

I have never had a friend before, left alone as a lonely person, until I met Seon. My very first companion. I met him at highschool when I was 15, he was very popular back then for being a smart kid, and surprisingly kind enough to be friends with me. Seon has two sides; one, he's a hardworking, considerate guy, often helping others out of kindness. Two, he's quite hot-headed. He gets blunt at times, frequently acts rashly, even at small things. He got extremely mad at me once for I teasing him about a girl having a crush on him.

He's the only guy I felt close with, and the only guy I could ever trust.

... Then there's Rika, a bright and caring girl with curly blonde hair. She was a beauty, I remember that when I first laid eyes on her, I couldn't look away from her face. She reminds me of the goddess of beauty, Aphrodite herself.

Rika always visits my apartment, often asking me if I'm free to hang out with her. She seems to care deeply about me, often cheers me up whenever I feel sad. Even my parents like her. She's not like the other girls. She was my best-friend.

But not all friendships lasts happily.

...One day, she stops coming. While I started to get worried, confused that why she stops spending time with me. She never answers to my messages and calls. I can't visit her because I never knew where she lived. I haven't seen her in last two years. But I still consider her as my friend. It left me disquited without her presence for that long. I wonder how is she doing without me?

Seon and Rika. Those two are the only people who deeply understands me, the only people I felt connection with these days. I wish I could give them something more, something they deserve for being a true friend.

I remember Seon's waiting for me.

I shook off the thought and quickly walk up to him, he probably waited long and I don't want him to wait even more. Think less, [Y/N].

————————————————————

"So, how's your job?"

I sigh as we walk slowly. "Ugh, I screwed up... again."

"Huh, why?" Even though I'm not looking at him, I can sense Seon frown as he heard what I said.

"My boss told me that if I messed up one more time, he would fire me!" I reply, letting out a irritated groan.

"Alright, what did you do this time?" He asked me with a smirk. He looks like he's about to laugh.

I wanna wipe that stupid smirk off his face so bad.

I glared at him, but continued to answer his question. "... I mopped the floor so wet that it made him slide and stumbled into a customer."

"Pffft-"

"Hey, it's not funny! It made me slip down as well, and my back still hurts so bad!" I shouted angrily at him. He can be a jerk sometimes.

"You slipped too? Wow, you made it even funnier." He quietly laughed in an authentic way. Seeing Seon laugh always made me smile, still a part of me is mad at him for laughing at my story.

I felt my face fuming into red from from anger, and also from embarrassment. Pouting, I turned my face away from him.

"Haha... sorry for laughing, I just found it funny and cute when you tell me your stories about you being so clumsy." I turn back to look at him, seeing him smiling down at me with his eyes closed. I admit, he has a pretty cute smile, if he does that often, I'm sure he'll likely make every other girl fall for him.

"Ah, I'm always clumsy, everyone says that, even my old boss." I looked down, recalling all the bad memories from my manager getting mad at me, bickering for making lots of mistakes from the past.

"You really hated your boss that much, eh?" He curiously peers at me, raising his brow.

"Yup, He's sooo strict." I told him carelessly. "I know he always gets mad at me for being so clumsy, I always hated this job ALL because of him. I know the other workers probably think I'm weird and awkward, but..." I paused, looking up at Seon with a worried face, which then turned into a positive expression.

"... I promise myself that I won't give up working hard to show him that I'm hardworking enough to prove him that I can do this!" I said confidently, imagining my boss, being proud at me.

Yes, my boss may be harsh and rude at his staff, especially me. But that won't get my hopes down.

I'll try and try no even if it brings me down. I won't give up.

Seon stared at me for a few seconds, and his lips turned upward. "Is that so? Well then, you have to be careful next time." He grinned with his narrowed, indigo eyes staring at me.

"Oh, I will!" I beamed.

"Goodluck."

As I was chatting with Seon, we were about to walk by a enormous, tall building covered with big windows, with a big text that says 'C&R International'. Ah, an infamous company.

I have always stared at it in awe everytime we walk by that building, I find it mezmerizing, leaving me to think that I might turn wealthy someday and maybe I could work there too. Sadly, I know that's not gonna happen.

I looked down at the building seeing the parking lot. I can see from a distance, a guy with jet black hair wearing a black suit, about to get in his car with his driver.

Ever since I started working at the cafe, I've always seen that guy almost everyday, getting in his car with his driver. In the same time, in the same place and It's the same thing he does when Seon and I walk home. I don't know why I kept on checking on him, probably because he and his driver are the only ones in the parking lot. Regardless, I'm a little curious about him.

Some days, I get to see him with lady in an office uniform with brown, boy-cut hair and wearing glasses, she would regularly just stand outside the car watching the guy get inside, she's probably saying goodbye to him.

And a few times, I saw him craddling his white, persian cat with him. It looks like a very lovely cat, wishing I had a pet like that. How could a cat look more prettier?

Not to mention, that guy looks extremely rich. I always thought that he looks like he owns the building himself. But I don't care about the fact that he's quite opulent. I was just interested about him, wanting to know more about him.

I finally manage to stop looking at him when he gets inside his car... well no, it looks like a limousine. That's the first time I saw him with that.

I should stop watching him, I felt like a creep.

I continued talking with Seon as we walk home.

————————————————————

"Goodnight Seon, see you tomorrow!"

He waved at me as a response. I smile at him and went inside building, walking slowly to my apartment.

I unlocked the door of my apartment with ease, opening it. As I went inside, I switched the lights on. "Finally, I'm here." My apartment was small, but it felt homey.

The walls had thick stripes of white and gray while the floor carpet was a light, gray-ish brown. There are picture frames of me and my parents, some other pictures of my younger self, and the two are the seperate pictures of me and my only friends; Seon and Rika.

I went to my messy bedroom, too lazy to clean it, finally laid down in my cyan-colored bed, I was tired from work.

I looked at my black cat-plush with brown whiskers and bright yellow, round eyes. I named him Smokey.

"Hey buddy, c'mere!" I reached out to hug him, petting it's head as if it's a real cat. My parents gave me this as a gift from my birthday last year ago since they knew that cats have been my favorite animals.

"Oh Smokey, I missed you so much, you know." I sigh deeply, staring at the plush's eyes, then poked it's pink nose.

"Boop." I let out short giggle.

I turned my body away from the cat-plush, covering my mouth as I out a yawn.

"What a day.."

I should get some sleep right now.

A few minutes later, I was about to drift off to sleep, when I hear a ringtone. Ughh, why?

I opened my eyes to see that my phone is ringing. Really, right now? I really need some rest. But I need to answer that, even though sleep is much wanted.

I unlocked my smartphone to check, seeing a call from an unknown number. Huh? That's new, I wonder who it is? Probably someone I know... or not?

"Alright, let's see who disturbs my slumber."

I answered the call. "Hello?" I call out.

"Good evening, is this [Y/N] [L/N]?" I could make out a quiet, masculine voice speak from the phone. I never heard that voice before, I don't think I know this person and... how did he know my name? Is this some sort of prank call...?

I stared at my phone for a second, not sure what to say. I'm curious about this person, but I feel quite unsure if I should speak to him or not.

... I did it anyways.

"U-Uhm, who are you? How did you get this number?" I asked trying to be intimidating, but failed anyways.

I closed my eyes, nervous about what this guy is about say.

"I apologize, but that is not important to answer, right now I need to ask you a few questions."

I feel like I shouldn't trust this person after hearing that.

"I'm sorry, what?" I asked him, confused about why he shouldn't introduce himself.

"I said, that is not important to answer, I need ask you a few questions, Ms. [Y/N]." The unknown caller said formally. His soft voice was stern enough to make me even more nervous.

"Huh?"

"Do I have to repeat that over and over again?" He said with an irritated yet calm voice.

...This is making me terribly uncomfortable.

"O-Oh, I'm sorry. S-Should I trust you?"

Wow [Y/N], now that's a good question to ask for a person you don't even know. I think to myself sarcastically, face-palming.

"Yes, I understand that you feel uncomfortable talking to a complete stranger, but a friend of mine told me that I need to ask you a few questions, Ms. [Y/N]. And I'll make this quick, so you don't need to worry." He stated.

The way he talks sounds calm and serious. I still don't trust this guy, but I like the way he called me Ms. [Y/N] so formally.

I'll answer his questions anyway, since I'm so curious about it.

"...Sure, go ahead."

"Thank you for letting me."

I waited for the caller's question.

"Are you friends with Rika?" He politely asked.

... Rika? Is there something wrong with her? I haven't heard that name in a long time.

Now, I'm getting even more curious, yet scared about the fact that he knows Rika and asked me if I'm friends with her.

"R-Rika?! you mean the girl with blonde hair?" I stuttered loudly.

"Yes."

"You know her?"

"Yes."

"Is something going on with her?!" I asked him, desperate for an answer. I terribly want to know what happened to my dear, best-friend.

"..." He went silent. Is he gone?

"...Hello?" I call for him.

"You haven't answered my question yet, Ms. [Y/N]." He spoke.

Oh, right. I just forgot about his question, and instead of answering him, I just asked him three questions, which he simply answered two.

...He's supposed to be the one who's asking, [Y/N]. Again, I face-palmed myself.

What should I answer..?

Now I'm not quite sure about answering this guy's question, I still don't trust him. He probably wants information about Rika. Is he looking for her?

...or worse, is he gonna do something bad to her?!

... Okay, that's it. That's enough stress for today.

"I-I should go now, I'm sorry."

"Hm? But you didn't answer my questions ye—"

I ended the call. This is too much stress for me...

I'm thinking about Rika right now after that call. Just like Seon, she's like an older sibling to me. An older sister. She always cheers me up and gives me the best advises. I remember that she hosts parties and she would like to invite me, but I was so busy and tired that I was unable to attend to her parties. I'm so sorry Rika.

"I hope your doing okay, my friend."

After a few thoughts, sleep finally took the best of you.

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

255K 5.8K 57
❝ i loved you so hard for a time, i've tried to ration it out all my life. ❞ kate martin x fem! oc
253K 39K 100
ပြန်သူမရှိတော့ဘူးဆိုလို့ ယူပြန်လိုက်ပြီ ဟီးဟီး ဖတ်ပေးကြပါဦး
139K 5K 25
فيصل بحده وعصبيه نطق: ان ماخذيتك وربيتك ماكون ولد محمد الوجد ببرود وعناد : ان مارفضتك ماكون بنت تركي !
60.7K 3.4K 73
When shrivi goes home after a long time. Who doesn't have her parents' love and family's love for some reason. She had support from her grandmother...