Dead Beat ✔(Editing)[1]

By Vanshika231

Formerly known as "Never Let Go - Trapped" Caitlyn King has a sweet, loving fiancé whom she is getting marrie... More

Prologue
Chapters
Male and female lead cast
Chapter 1 : Gift for fiancé (new)
Chapter 2 : The Stranger (new)
Chapter 3 : The Deal (new)
Chapter 4 : Stark grey eyes (new)
Chapter 5 : The guest (new)
Chapter 6 : Feast by Beast (new)
Chapter 7 : Glorius heartbreak (new)
Chapter 8 : Hell broke (new)
Chapter 9 : Sour manners (new)
Chapter 10 : Wedding plannings (new)
Chapter 11 : Tied knot (new)
Chapter 12 : Fire & Ice (new)
Chapter 13 : Wine effect (new)
Chapter 14 [Ruler of hell]
Chapter 15 [Son of bettle]
Chapter 16 [Neck fetish]
Chapter 17 [Fun in boring life]
Chapter 18 [Invitations]
Chapter 19 [Phone and red]
Chapter 20[Too easy]
Chapter 21 [Brother copy]
Chapter 22 [Royality check]
Chapter 23 [A sadist]
Chapter 24 [Crazy rambles]
Chapter 25 [Room details]
Chapter 26 [First mistake]
Chapter 27 [Make her care]
Chapter 28 [Bitter reality]
Explaination!
Chapter 29 [Running away]
Chapter 30 [Tragedies happen]
Chapter 31 [In blood]
Chapter 32 [The threats]
Chapter 33 [Lips to lips]
Chapter 34 [Please no]
Chapter 35 [Girly talks]
Chapter 36 [Lock in room]
Chapter 37 [Handsome man]
Chapter 38 [The intimacy]
Chapter 39 [True face]
Chapter 40 [Lizard, pig]
Chapter 41 [The promise]
Chapter 42 [Wait, what]
Chapter 43 [Love kiss]
Chapter 44 [Pool of embarrassment]
Chapter 45 [Short blouses]
Chapter 46 [Italy chase]
Chapter 47 [The handcuffs]
Review
Completed & Sequel!
Chased By Him
His Good Girl
covers for the book
Under the Bedsheets

Chapter 13 [Curly troubles]

3.9K 232 6
By Vanshika231

I rubbed my forehead and groaned, folding my legs as the throbbing pain in my head increased as I moved. I put my head in my palms due to the headache and tried to ease the ache, yawning.

What a start of a day! With a headache.

My breathe stuck in my throat the second my eyes took in in surroundings. I was about to scream when my gaze landed on a different ceiling. I gasped as realization dawned on me while a masculine scent reached my nostrils, making me look around frantically. 

My head hung low while my shoulders visibly loosened when as a video, it all came flooded into my mind. Holy shit, I married for real.

I looked down at myself, a ring on my hand. My dry gaze landed on the other side of bed where the bed was neatly done already. The pillow and blanket both were on their places. The bedsheet wasn't even crumbled.

"I am married," The words tasted foreign to my own tongue. I shook my head and blinked hard.

Come out from this, Caitlyn! 

All in all I was helpless with no one to rescue me from this deep black shit hole.

I sighed as I checked the watch which showed seven. I still had to go to my office and attend meetings. 

Good thing he was not here in the early morning otherwise it would have ruined my mood and day. Anyways, I didn't want to start my day after watching his face first thing in the morning.

I first admired the interior of the room cause I was so tensed to even look at it yesterday; it was classy. To the least, I would say I was shocked. His room was not white, blue or black according to his personality. But a mixture of red, green and light blue.

Even though the mixture of these colors imaginable was not much good; the real version in front of my eyes looked fabulous.

The wall behind the bed was designed with a beautiful landscape giving the room a homey look. Adjacent to it, the other walls were crafted with red, green and blue colour designs on white sheet. It was amazing.

I entered the bathroom which was all black and white. It was haunting and beautiful. I missed my penthouse now.

I brushed and showered and immediately changed into blush pink coloured office suit with white shirt fitted to my body. I didn't want to use any of his clothes anymore after last night. That was the first and last time, I would be using something of his besides his house.

I needed to make a plan to find out my way of this mess. I picked my phone and saw twenty six calls from Jake and seventy message. The first thought that occured to me was

Is Ashton fine? Oh god why did I put it in silent mode.

I called him and he picked on the second ring. And before I could ask him anything, he bombarded with his worries.

"Cait, your brother was here at my house and he is now in your office waiting for you." He uttered hastily, making me freeze on my spot.

I gasped lowly and nearly spit on my saliva.

"Drayton? What is he doing here? Wasn't he in Australia? How was he?" I spewed out words nervously. My fingers were cold as ice till now and I was already pale after hearing his words.

Fuck, I hate the word brother.

"He was furious to the least. He got the news for your wedding with Theodore Bradford. He seems like a raging bull to me." He spoke worriedly, adding fuel to the fire burning inside me.

He added after a moment, "You better get there soon otherwise he'll really kill you."

"I will." I mumbled and I went silent.

After a moment of silent he asked seriously, "How are you doing with him? Did he harm you or try to hit you? Tell me, I'll kill him before Drayton knows."

I smiled and giggled at his words and replied to which he hummed hesistantly, 

"I'm fine. He did not hurt me and you don't need to hit or kill him," I added, "Yet."

My lips curled into a grin after reading his beautiful laugh

"I'm looking towards it," He joked, chuckling a bit. I smiled and shook my head inwardly. 

"Yeah, yeah, I know, you can't wait to test your poor fighting skill." I tsked sarcastically, making him snort aloud as if he was offended.  

"One day, one day, Caitlyn. I will show you that I can fight better than your brother." He promised, forcing false words out of his mouth. 

"As much as I would love to see you show, I still have to meet my angry brother and that too in my office. So, bye and enjoy." I pouted sadly and ushered him to cut the call.

After murmuring a haughty bye, he hang up.

I flinched and my phone slipped away from my hands wjen someone knocked on the door out of blue. I put my hand at my chest and picked up my phone, not before locking it again. I craned my neck and cheked the clock to see eight am.

"Come in,"

I frowned as a maid in white uniform, shirt and long skirt, entered with a glass of milk in her hand.

"Good morning Mrs. Bradford, Sir has asked to you come at dining table at nine for breakfast. Mr. and Mrs. Bradford along with siblings of sir are coming. And his friends will also be joining us." she bowed and said what she was being ordered robotically.

God knows how he treats these poor people who have to acknowledge his company all the times.

I nodded at her and murmured a 'thanks' quietly. I exited the room along with house in next ten minutes avoiding the interior of the house in a hurry. 

I got into my car which was luckily here and drove to the company. I reached there after half and hour and entered the private lift. No one was here yet, leaving the cleaning staff.

I entered into my cabin and saw my furious brother looking at me with his dark green eyes.

"Hey Drayton, here's your little sis. How are you?" I greeted him nervously and hugged him to which thankfully he hugged me back but answered with his deathly glare which made me step back nervously.

"Come to the point, little sis. Because if you even have an idea of how much in anger I am, you wouldn't be standing here. I come from all the way here to get the news that my little sister married someone without my presence in her marriage. And that someone is, Theodore Bradford. " His voice piqued up the volume slowly and slowly and I just prayed to heavens for a magic.

For god's sake, I just married yesterday 

"I love him. He loves me too. Ashton was not here with me almost all the times. He became busy with his passion. I know he helped me so much in the past and I cannot even repay him with anything but I couldn't marry him. I love Theodore, brother. Please don't be furious. And you very well know my statement will never change." I sighed defeatedly and explained him without stuttering so he could believe me and stop examining me anything further.

Because I knew I'ld lose my temper after explaining same thing to everyone and the person who is behind this was resting at home without any tension. Whereas I had to answer everybody's questions. Thanks to my security department that paparazzi was miles away.

He looked at me for a good time then sighed heavily. He spoke almost hissed due to anger, "Don't think for a second, I believe you but I'll let it pass. For now. "

I sighed inwardly thankfully. Why all arrogant males get involved in my life only? They think they are superior to me. My ass.

"Let's order coffee and bacon and discuss your story." I said cheerfully and he smiled. Thank god.

♤■■■♤

We were having coffee and bacon and pancakes when I asked him "Did you get to know about whereabouts of Melissa?"

He looked at me then smiled and I raised my eyebrows at him skeptically.

"Yeah. Someone called me and threatened me that he knows about my wife and he will kidnap her and was asking for hefty amount. And I thanked and hired him in my agency for good, not before asking him for her latest picture. We are about to kidnap her and then I'll teach her a lesson.", he told me happily and I looked at him shocked.

She is his wife who left her after one year of their marriage god knows where to. She is my childhood friend and I ofcourse miss her. Five years. We don't even knows how she is.

I blinked two times and leaned towards him and pecked him on his cheek three times to which he giggled.

"For real Drayton?"

"Yes" he nodded.

"Don't let her leave the house this time. Tie her to your bed if you need to. I'm at your side this time. I'm not going to forgive her easily. She should know the pain we went through these years.", I sighed angrily. She did not even call me or anyone for once.

Drayton blinked in surprise and looked at me with a amused face like I told him that he is— Leave it.

"What?" I asked rudely after seeing same expression on his face for a minute.

"You were also the one who threatened me at the day of my marriage to not give her pain or deprive her of her basic rights and freedom. You lectured me with Samantha for a whole fucking hour and now you are the one who is asking me tie her to my bedbe.He taunted to which I shrugged restlessly.

"I need to go home now. I need to attend breakfast." I told him getting up from couch and straightening myself.

"Home" he taunted again.

"Shut up." I muttered angrily marching towards the door after hearing him chuckle behind me.

I exited the building and drove my car to his house.

♤■■■♤

I entered house and checked my watch and it showed ten'o clock. I'm late. I sighed. I entered dining area directly which was in the left from where noises of talking was coming.

I saw as I entered all pairs of eyes focused on me. At the end of the table he and another man in his late fifties I assume was sitting which I assume to be his father. On the left of the man a woman in her fifties was sitting.

One beautiful girl was also there. She was really beautiful. And three other males who all were handsome. Two of them were his friends Marco and Anton. And the last one I did not know.

I smiled at them and they returned it. Mrs. Bradford was going to stand but Theodre stopped her. She looked at him questioningly. He did not answer her but looked at me with a death glare. Rude.

"I want to have a word with my wife. Alone." he muttered loudly and angrily standing at his place. I flinched at his tone. Everyone also had the same the expression leaving his friends and father.

"Leave it Theodore. It's o—" his mother tried to calm him but he glared at her which shut her up. She sighed heavily and sadly looked at me.

"Now, I said." He yelled furiously. I tried to keep my heartbeat in control due to fear but couldn't.

Everyone left the dining area after giving me a sympathical look. I don't know why. Maybe I have to face his wrath but why. I didn't do anything.

He walked towards me in dangerously low steps and looked menacingly in my eyes. I also kept looking into his eyes. Why?

Because I had done nothing wrong. Many people might fear him but I was not the one and was not either planning on changing it soon.

Vote and comment, plèase! 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

65.2K 1.5K 33
After years of ups and down, Ryan William is left all alone even though he's surround by a lot of people. Choosing his love over the girl everyone th...
270K 10.7K 21
°°°°° "I walked over to where Aaron was sitting on the ground, kneeling so that I was face-to-face with him. He was wearing a blank expression on his...
622K 32.4K 54
"Shhh! Do not make a sound.. or I won't refrain myself to tie you up!" His grip on my wrist tightens. I need to get my book from him, in which I wro...
175K 2.8K 35
edited 🤍🩵 Book one to The Walkers Series Liana Hargrove is known as the nice girl. Always smiles at people, always says hello to everyone she sees...