a plot twist called you | ✓

By greekyoghurtss

[ WATTPAD FEATURED ] There is something about Ian Eastwood that makes Vanessa Davenport a little more alive ... More

preface
cast & aesthetics
cast gifs
playlist
▪︎ chapter one ▪︎
▪︎ chapter two ▪︎
▪︎ chapter three ▪︎
▪︎ chapter four ▪︎
▪ chapter five ▪
▪ chapter six ▪
▪︎ chapter seven ▪︎
▪︎ chapter eight ▪︎
▪︎ chapter nine ▪︎
▪︎ chapter ten ▪︎
▪︎ chapter eleven ▪︎
▪︎ chapter thirteen ▪︎
▪︎ chapter fourteen ▪︎
▪︎ chapter fifteen ▪︎
▪︎ chapter sixteen ▪︎
▪︎ chapter seventeen ▪︎
▪︎ chapter eighteen ▪︎
▪︎ chapter nineteen ▪︎
▪︎ chapter twenty ▪︎
▪︎ chapter twenty-one ▪︎
▪︎ chapter twenty-two ▪︎
▪︎ chapter twenty-three ▪︎
▪︎ chapter twenty-four ▪︎
▪︎ chapter twenty-five ▪︎
▪︎ chapter twenty-six ▪︎
▪︎ chapter twenty-seven ▪︎
▪︎ chapter twenty-eight ▪︎
▪︎ chapter twenty-nine ▪︎
▪︎ chapter thirty ▪︎
▪︎ chapter thirty-one ▪︎
▪︎ chapter thirty-two ▪︎
▪︎ chapter thirty-three ▪︎
▪︎ chapter thirty-four ▪︎
▪︎ chapter thirty-five ▪︎
▪︎ chapter thirty-six ▪︎
▪︎ chapter thirty-seven ▪︎
▪︎ chapter thirty-eight ▪︎
▪︎ chapter thirty-nine ▪︎
▪︎ chapter forty ▪︎
▪︎ epilogue ▪︎
author's note
SPIN OFF !!

▪︎ chapter twelve ▪︎

543 87 160
By greekyoghurtss

TWELVE

unlovable

_____✵_____

I had been using the flat iron since two years and I still couldn't learn how to adjust it to the perfect temperature. I smoothed out my somewhat straightened hair with some spray and take the final look at the mirror. The buttercup yellow dress looked beautiful, complimenting my skin. Unlike most people, I could actually carry off yellow. Oh yes, definitely not better than Jae-Hwa. You see, as bad as it seems, there always is someone better than me. Be it the Prima Ballerina Iris Eastwood or the guy acing the Anatomy class. I was never the best.

I shake off my thoughts and dab some mineral powder on my face. As per the instructions, I had to look striking for the evening. It was after all, a company-meet of Eastwood and Co. I had come to know from Iris on my brief phone call yesterday that they were basically Architects. Of course, Ian and Iris didn't have a degree but helped in the growth of business in the Adelaide branch. When I had asked about their father, she could not say much. I wondered why. Might be I would meet their parents today.

"Are you ready yet?" My mother knocks on my bedroom door. She only cared enough to visit my room on important occasions like this.

"Almost. I'll come downstairs in ten minutes." I strain my voice so that I did not have to get up and strike a conversation.

"That's fine, we are waiting." She says before walking away, tapping her high heels.

My phone beeps with a notification. There were two new messages from Ezekiel. I hadn't met him since the morning yesterday in front of the school gate.

zekecleveland: hey, Vanessa. :)

zekecleveland: if you haven't forgotten me already, care to call me?

Hitting the call button I waited for him to pick up. Ezekiel must have been hurt by Ian's words the previous day.

"Why would I forget you Cleveland?" I shout into the speaker as soon as he receives the call. Yes, I had weird ways of greeting people.

"Uh, you have been quite busy. Are you going somewhere?" He asks. I could hear the tingling of utensils in the background. Ezekiel Cleveland lived in a dormitory with four other people while his family was in New Zealand.

"Yeah, how do you know?"

"You just posted a picture on Instagram, duh!" He chuckles.

"Ah, well...what are you doing?" I ask as I put on my sandals.

"Cleaning the dishes. Where are you going, by the way?"

"Urgh...you won't believe I have to host at the company-meet, speaking of which, my parents are waiting." I roll my eyes. I mentally make a note to stop rolling my eyes so frequently.

"Mhmmm, you should go. See I told you, you'd forget me in no time. It's Ian's company isn't it?" He laughs.

"Stop bringing him in every conversation. I've to go now. Take care, Zeke." I say before hanging up.

The Mercedes Benz SUV belonging to my parents stood grandly at the entrance to the porch. Connor was already there leaning against the car and scrolling through his phone.

"I still say it's a bad idea to take him along." I declare as I join my 'family'.

"Vanessa, people would be asking questions." My father sighs.

"So are you afraid of explanations?" I retort. Sometimes, it was hard for me to believe that I had any blood relation with these people.

"What I mean to say is..." Mr. Davenport begins in his usual modesty which he uses to convince his customers.

"I am feeling just fine, sister. Besides, the program is just for two hours. I could do with it." Connor interrupts, successful as always in his role as peacemaker. Not that there was some brawl but he very well knew how far my temper could go.

"If you're insisting, fine." I shrug. Connor looked handsome in his blue tuxedo and gelled up hair.

"You look like a man" I tease as we get in the backseat of the car. My father was driving today and my mother riding shotgun.

"I take that as a compliment and you look stunning, sis" He grins at me.

There was still a nervousness that was making me kind of sweat even in the coldness of the night. I was, for the first time, going to do something professional. That too, at Ian's company. I prayed to God that I wouldn't make a fool of myself.

The banquet hall was gorgeously decorated and everyone who was invited belonged to some elite family. Despite me being the daughter of the Davenports and also, the host for tonight, I was worried sick. I had never got up on that dais to greet a business class audience before. Connor takes a place at our assigned table with my mother while Mr. Davenport was already busy in conversation with some hotshot tycoon.

I looked around, my eyes searching for Ian without my permission. A tap on my shoulder makes me flip.

"It is so nice to see you, finally!" Iris says, pulling me into a hug. Why was I receiving so much affection?

"Thank you...um...I think I shall use the restroom a bit." I respond. Iris looked dazzling in a peach knee-length dress and matching stilettos.

"I'll show you the way. Come" She takes my hand and I am almost compelled to follow her. My plan of escaping to somewhere quiet and deserted fails badly.

The ladies room was on the second floor and without any other person inside. Iris switches on the lights and passes me a smile. How can someone be so 'sweet'?

"I'll come to fetch you before the program starts. See you." She says before exiting the room. I exhale loudly and sit down on the plush couch. So far, this has only been nauseating.

How am I going to deal with everything now? It seems like, my confidence is only limited to the boundaries of my school and house. This is certainly out of my league. I rest my head against the wall and shut my eyes, trying to meditate. Jae-Hwa says, it will help calm my nerves. But in this case, nothing seems to work. Maybe I was just overreacting, maybe because I haven't had enough exposure....*knock knock*

Now what? It can't be Iris, perhaps some lady wanting to rest, just like me. I chuckled and went up to open the door. At first, I couldn't recognize Ian Eastwood in all black. This is definitely not my classmate who made out with me in the guest room of my house...

"Hello?" He snaps his fingers, bringing me back to senses.

"Yeah?"

"Why do you zone out every time we meet?" he rolls his eyes and closes the door behind him. I wanted to say, I myself am searching an answer for that but I keep shut and clear my throat.

"Ian, this is a ladies room, in case you've lost your way." I state.

"You really expect me to lose my way in my own office building?" He sighs.

"Then what is your purpose?" I ask, furrowing my eyebrows.

"Your parents wanted you to meet some important people and they sent me to call you." He shrugs.

"And I will believe that? You are the Boss and my parents are sending you to call me. This is ridiculous" I snort.

"Well, since I was in the vicinity and they are far more experienced and elderly and...."

"And you don't have to explain me that much. Anyway, I can't go down right now. The only thing in those papers which I signed was, I am hosting the program. Now don't tell me to do unnecessary things or else this is going to end the other way." I reply coldly.

"Fine, say that to Mr. and Mrs. Davenport. Not to me." He sneers.

"And what about your parents?" I ask.

"Oh, my mother is here." He says softly, gazing at the fairy lights decorating the window panes.

"Well...so will you please leave now?" My words might have hurt him a bit. He looks at me with annoyance.

"Why are you so obnoxious?"He groans before turning around to leave. I don't know for what exact reason but it hit me in the pit of my stomach. Was I that unlovable? Oh hell, why am I even thinking of such stuff?!

"Wait...I'm sorry. And...uh, thanks." I say, my voice small. Ian steps closer to me, now pinning me against the wall.

"For what?" He asks, almost in a whisper.

"I thought you'd force me to go downstairs...um...whatever" My pulse rate had undoubtedly gone up higher now.

"Yeah, whatever" Ian says before planting a soft kiss on the left corner of my lips and pulls away. Though I was craving for a little more, the door flings open to reveal Iris. Luckily, she hadn't come at the wrong time.

_____✵_____

A/N: Do y'all like the cover I have put up right now or do you want me to change it? Please tell me because am honestly confused. Also, don't forget to hit the 'little star' at the bottom of the page. Love you all.

­­­­­
-Mia.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.7M 40.6K 50
New Country. New School. New Friends. New Life. New Beginning. Fresh Start. Clean Slate. Start Over. Have you ever wanted to move away and start all...
2.9K 144 12
DISCONTINUED AND MARKED AS COMPLETE. "You just wanted to play with my heart, was that it?" Jasmine asked. Every bit of her emotions leaked through h...
3.1K 617 9
[Featured on Wattpad Official Romance account] Everyone has got something to hide. Evie is no different. The romance that bloomed with Matteo Sanders...
33.2K 2K 39
Two personalities from different worlds. Can the troubled pasts that brought them to the same place bring them LOVE? Can love endure their troubled p...