The Boy I'd Never Thought I'd...

By QueenSwaggers

Kate has this one friend that she hasn't noticed. He's been there all along but she was blinded by the non-wo... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63 (The Finale)

Chapter 10

284 11 0
By QueenSwaggers

*Song of the Chapter: 'Never Lover Boy - Tiffany Alvord'*

Days passed, nearing Halloween.

Decorating the classroom for the game booths was an advantage to see Nathan because we had to go to the 8th grade classroom to help with our Halloween booth.

Thanks to that excuse, I got to see Nathan a lot.  Although, most of the times, I would catch him glaring at Ethan while Ethan cluelessly slouched there and did nothing. Almost everybody now  think that me and Ethan like each other because we hang out a lot but I just like him as a friend. In fact, he's not my type, at all.

Most of the conversations that I would have with almost anybody these days, whether it's in person or in chat, it would go like this:

Person: "Do you like Ethan?"

Me: "No."

Person: "Do you still like Nathan?"

Me: "Do i have to answer that?"

Person: "Haha.. no never mind."

I'm so sick of being teased about Ethan and it's pretty sick that I can't even be friends with someone without someone misunderstanding and spreading rumors. He's my friend and only a friend. Besides, he like's Lizzie and he is absolutely crazy  over her. He would force himself to talk to her everyday but fails every time and he gets so awkward and stiff whenever she's around. Sad for him, he has no chance with her.

Although, Ethan and Lizzie would've bee a cute couple. But I think I understand Lizzie's opinion. In my point of view, Ethan isn't cute and he's such a show-off.

I keep telling him, "Dude, you've got to stop that. You've got to man up and talk to her or something. Otherwise, other boys will beat you to it." 

Yes, I am helping him with Lizzie and trying to set him up with her. I have no idea why though... I guess I understand how he feels and just wanna help him out since I really think that they'll look cute together. Ethan will probably never stand a chance with someone too good like Lizzie but he's giving it a try. Never say never, right?

Speaking of Ethan, the worse thing is that Ethan and Nathan are practically enemies. They hate each other for no reasons and certain reasons. They haven't talked but Nathan is clearly mad or should I say, jealous, of Ethan. I can tell by the way he looks at him while I'm talking to Ethan, he shoots Ethan one of his death glares and sometimes, Ethan would awkwardly look around when he realizes that Nathan is looking at him.

I'm not amused by this and I know sometimes, I enjoy seeing him jealous because it's cute but I  also hate seeing Nathan sad and all alone because of me. All I wanna do is go to him and give him a hug but I can't because it's forbidden.

However,  i'd be lying if I wasn't the slightest amused to see him suffer especially after my suffering over him when he tried to make me jealous. I did get jealous and it was to the verge where I wanted to pull out a gun and hold it to their heads. But I pushed that thought aside. Revenge is not good. I told myself. Besides,  I'm not that kind of person. I really can't do that even if I had to or even wanted to.

Soon, Ethan finds out about this jealousy thing and Ethan starts to know why Nathan hates him so much. But he keeps insulting him everyday! And it's pissing me off. I don't know when I started getting so defensive for Nathan but I feel like stabbing whoever insults Nathan.

"He's not gay!" I blurted, one day when we were having class and suddenly Ethan started insulting him again. I was so sick of this.

"Would you just quit it? It's getting so annoying!" I was getting pissed off at how cocky Ethan was becoming.

"He is! He's a jerk." Ethan said, standing up for what he thought was right.

He kept insulting Nathan, I kept fighting back, and we kept shouting at each other while our classmates covered their ears and Jaydee, who was between us, fled away in terror.

"AHHH!" Jaydee shouted from the corner of the room as we were getting louder and louder. Soon, we were standing up and practically throwing things at each other. If this fight went on for another minute, you would've seen fists flying everywhere and a boy and a girl beating up each other.

"Okay stop!" The teacher finally said.

"It's true.." Ethan quietly added.

"Is not!" I snapped, wanting to win the war no matter what.

The teacher looked at me then smirked and said, "Why are you so offended, Kate?" 

"Yeah Kate. Why are you so offended?" Ethan said sarcastically although he was obviously amused by this.

"I-uh.." I said looking down, lost in words and not knowing myself why I kept defending Nathan.

Damn you Ethan! I was still screaming at him in my mantally. YOU'RE an asshole, not him! You motherfucking jerk. How dare you insult him! You don't even know his personality and you would just judge him from what you heard from your stupid friends? SICK! 

Thank god it was time for lunch.

"Ms, it's time!" I said probably sounding too desperate to get out.

The day went on as boring and normal as it could get as usual. But I was still so pissed at Ethan I could bash his face against the wall and burn him with a blowtorch.

~Halloween Day~

"Ugh, this glue is so sticky." I complained as I put on glue on my eyebrows. We were trying to make our eyebrows disappear. Not magically, there was a trick in making it look awesome as if we had no eyebrows.

We didn't know what  we were gonna be, but we were kind of like Ke$ha+corpse people. Tamie, Jaydee, and me are going to be triplets in this thing. This gave the opportunity to talk about Nathan as girls usually talk about boys when they come over.

"Have you seen how he flirts with other girls when i'm around? I mean seriously, it's sooo annoying." I said as I put on a a layer of ravishing red nail polish, annoyed by the fact that Nathan was trying to get my attention by making me jealous. Honestly, I think a boy should never do that because it's not only annoying but it's also heartbreaking.

"Mhm.. someone's jealous.." Jaydee said, raising her eyebrows at me while I sat back down on her bed so she could do my eye make up.

"What? No! I'm not jealous. Are you kidding me?" I defended myself.

"Stop denying it, it's so obvious already. Besides, it's only normal that you'd get jealous." Jaydee says as she applies another layer of glittering blue eye shadow on my lids.

I mentally rolled my eyes at her, "But seriously though. Don't you agree?"

"I know right! Whenever he sees you, he'll go to Abbie and stuff and Abbie will be like, "Oh yea, uh, okay.." and all confused with the topic." Tamie jumped in the conversation.

"Exactly!" I said waving my hands in the air and almost cutting my fingers with the scisors i'm using to cut my shirt.

"It gets so annoying. It's like you just wanna pull a gun out and strike it in the girl's head." I said, clenching my fist as I recalled what I remembered.

They laughed.

"It's true." I smiled. Then, I got the best idea of all time maybe even more genius than Einstein atomic bomb idea!

"Oh, my, god. If he's trying to make me  jealous, what other way to fight back than to fight him with his own weapon?" I said, my eyes growing larger as the thought of seeing him like that made my pulse race and all excited.

"Huh?" Tamie says looking absentminded and a little confused.

"I should make him jealous too!" I said excitedly, shortening the sentence.

I know I said I didn't want to see him jealous and sad before but now, he's doing it to me, so he's only getting back what he gave to me. I knew this was such an evil plan but i'm not taking it that far... just maybe a few jealous reactions to satisfy my needs.

"YEAHH!" Jaydee agrees, probably thinking that I was super genius as much as I thought I was.

I couldn't help my excitement as I jumped around the room.

Although there was a part of me saying, "Don't do it. It's too evil!" I ignored it. I didn't know what I was thinking at all. I just felt that after all my suffering, he should get back too, just the way I remember it to be. Really heartbreaking.

"Let's start in November 6. After the one-week holiday." Tamie says.

"Let's do it!" I agree.

"You guys! Hurry up! We still need to do our makeup! It's almost 8:00. C'mon," Jaydee says panicking. "We'll be late for the Halloween party!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

350K 8K 28
"Why do you care if I kiss other girls? We're not together, we're friends" he stated swallowing his emotions. "You're right, why should I care? Like...
4.3K 93 29
COMPLETEDâś… Two high school teenagers finding themselves, analyzing this ever changing world, and building love. This is the type of love you wish you...
971 156 30
"He might hear you"my best friend said. "Hear what?"he asked from the back and the least I could do was shrivel at the hearing of his voice. "Somethi...
898K 28.3K 35
Don't Judge my book by this description, I am not good at this. Haha.--Caroline Summers is 17 years old. Her nickname is Carrie. She goes to the most...