The Follower

By LateNightStories12

Life has evolved and more technologies appeared. The internet is the main brain of these technologies, but th... More

The Arrest
The Man With The White Mask
Hide And Seek
The Break In
Superhuman?
One Step Ahead
Connecting The Puzzle
The Missing
The Final Face Off

The Reveal

19 3 0
By LateNightStories12

  Edward and Jack stared at each other. Then Jack received a phone call from the station telling him that something happened and that he and Edward had to come quickly.

  They arrived back at the station. Everyone was pressured by what happened but Jack and Edward didn't know what happened.

  The sheriff then opened the television on the news channel.

  New Jersey's News Today: the intro ended, " This is Amanda Kingston here with you once again. A few minutes ago there is a video that went viral on the internet of the kidnapped people." the video started where it was in a room that had one person tied to a chair in it with a black cloth on their head. Then the video cuts to another room where it had the same thing and that was repeated 6 times total.

  " Six people went missing their identities are unknown till now but we hope those people return their homes safely. This Amanda Kingston, stay safe.".

  The news ended and the sheriff said angrily, " We need to know that he or she kidnapped okay. You all have an hour and a half, I will prepare a S.W.A.T team to go with you.".

  Jack then said, " We know two of the kidnapped people. One of them is Tracey, and the other is Reagan. We will find the rest as fast as possible, sir." the sheriff nodded and then left them to do their work.

  At Jason's house, his phone was ringing he got up from the bed. It was Max, Jason answered he then heard a lot of screaming noises he started to freak out the call then ended. He then received a message from 'User_7' on his Instagram. The message said ' Go to the new university branch right now or you'll never see your friends again.' Jason started getting goosebumps and he started to feel weak he then called Jessica but she didn't answer again as she didn't answer her phone for three days.

  Back at the station, Jack was running to the sheriff's office, " Sir, we located them they're at the new New Jersey University branch that is still under construction.".

  " Okay, go there you have everything you want just to get rid of this psychopath." the sheriff said.

  Edward, Jack, and the others started preparing their gear wearing the bulletproof vest and loading their guns.

  As Edward was going to tell the others the plan he received a message. He went to get his phone the message was from Tracey's account it was a video. The video started the recorder was recording the security cameras which appeared on it, Jason arriving at the university. Jack then told everyone to go and get into the cars quickly.

   New Jersey's News Today: the intro ends, " Amanda Kingston with you here again as we got new news for you. As from the last hour and a half since we received the video the police now is on their way.

  " As you can see the footage from our air drones that all the traffic is stopped around the city as the police are passing by. As the drones show us there are ten police cars on their way to the location including five normal cars and five S.W.A.T team cars we hope all the hostages return home today safely."

  Jason entered the university, just as he entered he found a paper saying ' Let's play a hide and seek. But remember you are not the seeker, you are the hider.' Jason threw the paper away angrily and started looking for his friends.

  Jason went to the library that was still under construction which made it super hard to search in it but as he was trying to get out of it he heard someone was trying to talk but something like duck tape that prevented him from talking.

  " Hello, don't worry I'll get you out from there," Jason said. He found the room broke the door and went in. It was Harry he was tied to a chair with his hands behind him. Jason managed to unrobe him but then suddenly Harry got out a needle and stuck it into Jason's neck and injected him with the drug.

  " Sweet dreams," Harry said. Jason fell to the ground and eventually, he fell asleep.

  The police arrived at the location. The cars surrounded the building.

  " I want the whole perimeter of the university secured and no one goes in or out.

  " We will split into two groups. A group with me and a group with Jack. The others stay outside and secure." Edward said.

  Jason started opening his eyes everything was blurry at first but then as he regained his consciousness he found Jessica tied from her hands with a rope attached to the ceiling. They were trapped in the university stage which was still being built. Jessica was hanged from her hands her legs almost touched the floor and her mouth was duck taped.

  Jason kept trying to untie himself but failed multiple times. Harry then came in. His t-shirt was bloody and he had few wounds on his face.

  " You didn't see that coming, did you," Harry said laughing. Jason kept trying to untie himself but he fell with the chair on his right side. Harry went to put him back in place. He punished Jason multiple times.

  " If you tried to move once again you'll watch your girlfriend die in front of you," Harry said angrily. When Jason fell on the ground he picked up a sharp metal piece. So he started cutting the rope without Harry noticing.

  The police were already inside the huge university searching for the kidnapped people.

  At the stage, Jason looked at Jessica and tried to tell her that he was untieing himself.

  " Why are you doing all of this?" Jason asked Harry.

  " Well it's a long story and I don't have any other choice and it's none of your business," Harry said.

  " What are you going to do with the others?" Jason asked while cutting the rope.

  " What am I going to do? I already did it. I poisoned them all and the police won't have time to rescue them all." Harry said laughing.

  " What about Reagan why?" Jason asked.

  " Man, I don't love her I just used her as a distraction," Harry said.

  Jack's group found Max and Angelina.

  " Please help Max quickly he has cancer and the killer injected everyone with a poison help him first, please," Angelina said crying.

  " This officer Jack we need an ambulance the hostages are all poisoned I repeat all hostages are poisoned. Don't worry everything is gonna be okay dear." Jack said.

  The ambulance started arriving at the university. Max and Angelina were taken quickly to the hospital.

  Edward started hearing lots of coughing coming from an office. Tracey and Reagan were trapped inside but it seemed like the poison got to them quickly. Edward got them out of the university to ambulances and then called Joey.

  " Joey, I need you to quickly know what type of poison they got injected with and get the medicines quickly because they won't last for long," Edward told Joey and then hung up.

  He then went back again. He then received a message on his phone about the university map.

  Harry then received a message as well as he had access to Edward's phone. He started to worry. Jason managed to cut the rope and untie himself. He then started shaking and moving the chair again.

  " What did I tell you!" Harry said angrily walking towards Jason. As Harry stood in front of Jason then grabbed on to him and started punishing him. They kept trading the punishes for a while until Jason gave him an elbow. Harry fell to the ground wounded badly in his head.

  Jason then trapped the gun that Harry was holding and started untieing Jessica. He untied Jessica and gave her the gun to hold it in case something happened. As Jason walked to take Harry's phone and call the cops, he then suddenly heard a gunshot from behind him. He stopped for a few seconds and then realized he was the one who got shot. He was shot in his left back shoulder.

  He fell to the ground he looked behind him Jessica was the one who shot him.

  " Why?" Jason asked crying.

  " I had no choice. I am sorry." Jessica said with a teardrop. Harry then moved and started to wake up so Jessica shot him straight to the head.

  " I never liked him or trusted him!" Jessica said.

  " Jessica put the gun down. Let's start a new life together as we planned and I won't tell anyone about this, please.

  " It's over," Jason said. He as well lost a lot of blood and his body started getting into a shock and losing his consciousness.

  " Jason I loved you, and I still but I would love that I forget all of this and forget all the things I've done.

  But I can't I deserve what happens to me." Jessica said crying. Suddenly the stage door crashed and the police came in.

  " OPEN FIRE!" Edward said. All the police shot at Jessica and she fell in front of Jason, stone dead. Jason started hallucinating and seeing Jessica.

  " I deserve that it's my punishment the time will come for yours." the fictional Jessica said and then disappeared. Jason lost his consciousness.

  Edward and the police took him to the hospital.

  After a few months, the academic year had ended and everything was over. Jason and his friends became famous as they were the survivors. Although Reagan didn't make it she died and Tracey after few days she vanished from the hospital.

  At a hospital in a room where Edward and a patient, we're sitting together talking.

  " You sure?" Edward asked.

  " Yes, it was him." the patient said in a deep low voice.

  " But how is that possible?" Edward said.

  " I don't know, but I know one thing he's pretty good and he's dangerous. Now if you'll excuse me I'll get back on the bed to breathe from the oxygen tank." the patient said.

  Edward left the room and the hospital and went back to the station.

  He then met Jack and said, " I think there is a problem but I won't tell you now till I become sure about it."

  " Why not say it now?" Jack asked.

  " I can't it's too dangerous and it will make a lot of trouble," Edward said.

  " As you wish," Jack said and left.

  Edward was at his office trying to put some pieces together and then said to himself, " How can a person be untrackable like that!". He then remembered something. He got his phone out and decided to call Joey.

  " Hey Joey, I need you to come to my house," Edward said.

  At Edward's house, " I want to check for any fingerprints in this room." Edward told Joey.

  After 2 hours had passed Joey said, " I found nine fingerprints, let's head back to the station to check them out."

  Edward waited in his office for the results while holding a picture of his son Tennyson.

  Joey came in and said, " Sir, I think there is a big problem. Out of the nine fingerprints, five where of your son two were of you, and the last two were of Jason Maddison.".

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

33.8K 2.1K 46
Secrets are hard to keep. They're even harder to keep when you don't know what they are. Nina's life was flipped upside down when she witnessed her f...
3.6K 245 20
[Reader's Gender is not specified] You Yes, You. I can feel you. don't you feel me? ♦•♦•♦ "[Reader]" "The time has com...
Kidnapped (Book 1) By kthaler

Mystery / Thriller

429K 11.1K 48
It started with nothing more than a news story, but for Kelly Hunter, this story will become a reality. No one ever believes they will be abducted. E...
431 47 53
A kind hearted girl she was, showing pity and kindness to every beggar and poor, unfortunate people but even after this kindness, a few people were k...