It began with a kiss (Complet...

By _aadyawrites

#1 in Romance (23.05.20) A WATTPAD ROMANCE FEATURED STORY. "So the kiss was just a mistake?" "Yes." she nodde... More

A Sneak peek into "It Began With A Kiss"
IT BEGAN WITH A KISS Published!!
Copyright
Author
Introduction to Characters
Chapter- 1 Truth or Dare
Chapter - 2 The Devil's Messenger
Chapter - 3 The First Meeting
Chapter - 4 The Offer!!
Chapter - 5 First Day at Work
Chapter - 6 I'm watching you...
Chapter - 7 The weekend
Chapter - 8 Half day
Chapter - 9 The Concert
Chapter - 10 The Saviour
Chapter - 11 First aid
Chapter - 12 The Gift
Chapter - 13 The Guest
Chapter - 14 Is he a...
Chapter - 15 Calling of karma
Chapter - 16 The visitor
Chapter - 17 What does he want?
Chapter - 18 What's on his mind?
Chapter - 19 Think before you speak!
Chapter - 20 Getting ready...
Chapter - 21 The business dinner
Chapter - 22 The dance time!
Chapter - 23 Eva's angry.
Chapter - 24 Someone's drunk!
Chapter - 25 Spilling the beans...
Chapter - 26 Spilling beans - II
Chapter - 27 Morning questions
Chapter - 28 Breakfast and Questions
Chapter - 29 Next Morning
Chapter - 30 Meeting with Liam
Chapter - 31 The Devil
Chapter - 32 The Invitation
Chapter - 33 To the Dinner...
Chapter - 34 Mr know it all
Chapter - 35 Meeting the grandmother
Chapter - 36 The Threat!!
Chapter - 37 Lunch fiasco
Chapter - 38 The new invitation
Chapter - 39 The Thief
Chapter - 40 Business Trip...
Chapter - 42 The Misunderstanding...
Chapter - 43 No Escape...
Chapter - 44 Trapped with him...
New Cover
Chapter - 45 Tears of healing...
Chapter - 46 Confession...
Chapter - 47 Deal of life...
Chapter - 48 Mr and Mrs Richardson...
Epilogue
A Note of Thanks
My other works
A Bonus Chapter?

Chapter - 41 Just a mistake...

90.1K 4.7K 244
By _aadyawrites

As the rational thoughts at last found their way back to her brain she finally realised where she was and what she had done. She was sitting in the backseat of a car and she had just kissed har boss. It was he who kissed me!

'But you responded.' her inner voice mocked.

It wasn't just a simple kiss. He had kissed her like there was no tomorrow and she too had given into his demand. She gasped and quickly covered her mouth afraid to make even a tiny bit of noise. As her hand touched her lips the memory of their heated kiss from mere seconds ago sprang up again in her mind and the pink colour of her skin now turned scarlet as she remembered how she had put her arms around his neck and threaded her fingers into his silky hair.

'Oh God! What is happening to me?' she was feeling mortified and self disgusted at her behaviour. The tide of embarrassment was making her feel feverish. How would she ever look at him without remembering this incident that had made her throw all the common sense out of the window. The fact that she had enjoyed being kissed was making it all the more difficult to accept.

The car stopped and driver knocked at the privacy window,"We have arrived, Sir."

"Alright." said Liam before turning towards Eva and asking,"Are you alright?"

She was anything but alright. However, she is still nodded her head into a yes without looking at him. She wasn't sure if she would ever be able to look at him.

Liam got out of the car and Eva quickly readied herself to step out too. Though she didn't want to step out and be the subject to that intense blue-green gaze and for the first time the thought of spending the rest of her life in the backseat of a car sitting all alone didn't seem a bad option. But who was she to wish for. The door opened and she was compelled to step out. Taking the hand that was offered she tried her best to ignore the electricity that rushed through her cells at that simple innocent touch.

***

Eva was sitting in London office of Mr George Wilson, the man whose land had sparked Liam's interest. Liam was sure if he got his hold on that piece of land he would be able to churn it out for profits. He wanted that land at any cost and Eva had seen how much of hard work he had put into it to make sure he got what he wanted. At the moment the two men were discussing the deal.

With Liam's business tactics Eva was sure he wouldn't have any problem in getting the old man who was in his late 50s agree into his demands. However, the only problem was the other party who was also interested in this deal and wanted the land. Eva was sitting in the waiting area with Mr Wilson's secretary.

The other woman's phone started ringing and she excused herself. Now Eva was alone with her thoughts and no matter how much she try to suppress the memories of few hours ago her brain would just keep reminding her of those moments when she had thrown the sanity out of the window of the car and had given into the passionate kiss.

Feeling uneasy, she got up and walked to the nearest window to try and divert her attention from those embarrassing memories but nothing seemed to help her.

Suddenly she felt as if someone was watching her. She quickly turned around only to come face to face with the one who was responsible for her state of self derogation.

She quickly turned her head away and closed her eyes momentarily.
'Please, don't look at me and please, don't say anything. I am already feeling ashamed of my reaction from earlier. Don't make me feel more embarrassed.'

Liam looked down at the girl who had just turned her head away from him and had closed her eyes shut to block him from her sight. No woman had done this to him ever before but then again No woman had made him lose his self control the way he had lost just some mere hours ago. He wasn't a teenager anymore who was undergoing the hormonal changes. He was feeling angry for what this woman was reducing him to. He clenched his hands at his sides.

She hadn't looked at him since she had stepped out of the car and he knew she wasn't to blame. He shouldn't have lost his self control.

He took her arm, trying his best to ignore how soft and delicate her skin felt.

"Look at me, Miss Rose."

Hesitatingly, she looked up at him trying her best not to let her too expressive eyes show how much she wanted to run away, far far away from him.

" I am sorry about that kiss. It shouldn't have happened. I shouldn't have kissed you like that."said Liam.

"Yes, you are right it shouldn't have happened."

His eyes narrowed at her as he realised that she didn't understand what he was trying to say.

"That's not what I meant. I was going to say -"

"It shouldn't have happened at all, is what I think about it." said Eva.

Liam moved dangerously close to her and Eva realised she couldn't move back as she was already standing near the wall. His colongue filled her nostrils. His musky scent was intoxicating. She hated herself for being so aware of him.

"Miss Rose-"

Just then they heard some footsteps and Liam moved away creating some space between them.

"Mr Richardson, I'm glad you are still here." said the old man, Mr Wilson while entering the waiting area.
"I wanted to invite you for a party. It is to celebrate of my 30th wedding anniversary. The party is tomorrow and is held in the same hotel that you are staying at. Your PA is invited too." he smiled at Eva.

"Thanks for the invitation. We will be there." said Liam.

" I'll let you know about my final decision regarding the deal the day after the party."

" I would be looking forward to it." Liam smiled politely.

Eva was stunned at how quickly this man turned from a demanding alpha male to an urbane businessman.

The ride back to the hotel was quiet. Neither of them said a word. She had turned her head away from him, her attention focused on he had no idea what exactly.

When they got back to the hotel she walked quickly to the safety of her room. He didn't stop her. Recently he couldn't stop or control anything around him. It was a feeling he didn't like much.

***

Eva was getting ready for the party. She hadn't talked much to Liam since the previous afternoon. Even when they had met for lunch earlier in the day they had just talked about the remaining details of the project sticking strictly to their employer and employee roles.

The two visits to Ester had taught Eva the basics of makeup and simple hairstyles. Wearing her floor length off shoulder burgundy dress which Ester had sent for her when she was packing for the trip saying just in case she needed to attend a function. She was glad at the foresight of her new friend.

She was almost ready when someone knocked at the door. She opened the door to find Liam standing in front of her ready for the evening. He was wearing a black tuxedo. The black colour that never failed to compliment his predatory aura, she realised.

"Shall we leave, Ms Rose?" he asked.

She simply nodded her head with a polite smile and together they headed to the floor where the party was held. They greeted the old couple and gave their presents.

Some minutes later Eva found herself looking at Liam from a distance. He was surrounded by a fawning crowd. His head and shoulders above all, looking confident of himself, confident of his each and every move.

Momentarily, she was relieved to be out of his intimidating orbit. She smiled wryly as once again she saw and realised how far apart their worlds were from each other. She needed to get her head clear off this man before she lose what of sanity was left in her.

Taking a glass of juice she walked to a balcony and breathed in the night air. She needed some time alone... some time to gather and put up all her defences firmly against this man.

"What are you doing here all alone?" called out a voice from behind her.

She turned around and found a stranger looking at her.

"Don't tell me you forgot me already. We just met yesterday."

"Oh! Mr Jack." Eva finally remembered.

Jack came and stood close to her blocking her view of everything. She was stuck between the balcony and the man in front of her. If anyone saw them like this then they might misunderstand them as a couple and the thought of it and consequences it's actually happening scared Eva.

"Mr Jack, I have to go. Excuse me, please."

He laughed. ''Why in such a hurry? Hmm?"

Eva could smell the alcohol in his breath. The man was drunk and out of his mind, Eva realised.

"Your boss left you alone again?" he said running a finger on her bare arm.

"Mr Jack, you are drunk. Please let me go." Eva jerked his hand away and tried to move past him but he grabbed her arm and she winced.

The half filled glass of juice was still in her hand and angrily she splashed it on his face.

"I said leave my hand." she said menacingly trying to jerk his hand away but his grip only got stronger on her wrist.

"You need to be taught some manners. So let me -"

Abruptly Jack was pulled out of the way and was pushed to another side. Eva felt relief rushing through her as she saw Liam standing in front...
________

Special thanks to "Alyssa798264" who named this  chapter 🥰

I hope you liked this Chapter. Keep showing your love and support by voting n commenting. Your words of appreciation really means a lot. ❤️
Stay happy, Stay safe n keep reading!!😇☺️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

126K 9.1K 42
UNEDITED Between his semi-committed addiction to smoking and his role as CEO of Elemental Coffee, Cassian Russell has spent the majority of his life...
68.2K 1.8K 21
"Look at her blushing, Rose. Do we make you nervous, tesoro?" "Yes" I respond, my eyes closing. The pleasure is too much. "If I have to tell your t...
2.3M 114K 54
"You see him as an heir of your empire and not as a family member. All you care about is the inheritance and not the child. If all you want is an hei...
1.9M 59K 50
Needs to be heavily edited lmao Now, I'm alone with the beast . He stares into my soul causing me to gulp. "You're going to do something for me." He...