The Irony Of Fate

By NeetaHalai

Hate and Love are two such powerful emotions, but can they ever coexist? Since childhood, Khushi has loved Ar... More

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8
Part 9
Part 10
Part 12
Part 13
Part 14
Part 15
Part 16
Part 17
Part 18
Part 19
Part 20
Part 21
Part 22
Part 23
Part 24
Part 25
Part 26
Part 27
Part 28
Part 29
Part 30
Part 31
Part 32
Part 33
Part 34
Part 35
Part 36
Part 37
Part 38
Part 39
Part 40
Part 41
Part 42
Part 43
Part 44
Part 45
Part 46
Part 47
Part 48
Part 49
Part 50
Part 51
Part 52
Part 53
Part 54
Part 55
Part 56
Part 57
Part 58
Part 59
Part 60
EPILOGUE

Part 11

4.8K 219 10
By NeetaHalai

"It's strange you dint know I was married to Arnav, I thought the news was all over." Khushi looked at Rohan in surprise.

"Yeah I don't really follow that much but anyway now I get it why you've been so lost." He looked at her seriously.

"So that's the whole story, it's everything that has turned my life upside down." Khushi sighed. It had been over an hour she came to visit Rohan and since then she had been telling him everything in details while Rohan just listened patiently.

Rohan moved closer to her and sat down beside her, he looked her into the eyes while Khushi looked back at him nervously wondering what he was thinking.

"You love him a lot don't you?" He asked as a smile curved up on his face.

"I don't know Rohan, I mean yes I did, and I was like the happiest person on earth when we got married but after marriage his behavior changed. I don't even know what I feel for him anymore, it just hurts." Khushi sighed.

"If it hurts it's because it matters. I mean you've basically dreamt of being with him your whole life, you've loved him for years, those feelings don't go away just like that. Accept it, there's no point in running away from what you feel." Rohan said.

"But what's the point when it doesn't matter to him?"

"He dint know about it all those years either, but you still loved him dint you Khushi? Look I'm not saying that his behavior isn't strange, it is and after listening to everything you said, I can feel like he is holding something against you, and that is the reason why he's been like that with you."

"So what should I do?"

"Do nothing. You have showed him your love, you've shown him the real you, if he can't accept that there's no point of trying to do anything else. What you can do is work hard like you wanted to, not just a job, start something of your own, get big and maybe then he would learn how to respect you.

Show him that even though you love him so much, you can still live a life without him, that too a successful one. Sometime we men take things for granted and because of that we lose them forever." Rohan said sadly.

Khushi looked at him keenly, those words he spoke, it somehow felt like he was talking about himself, like he had also taken something for granted because of which he lost someone or something of such sort.

"Did you take something for granted?" Khushi asked.

"We aren't talking about me right now, it's about you. Now do you want to teach your dear husband a lesson or not?" He asked.

"Of course, that's why I came to talk to you, I felt like I could trust you."

"You did the right thing, now I can help you by giving you advice and all but you'll have to work hard on your own, day and night, it will be tough, becoming successful doesn't happen just overnight Khushi."

"I know Rohan and trust me I would do anything to prove it to Arnav that the only reason I got married to him was for love."

"Great. Now go back home and chill, we'll meet at work tomorrow and discuss everything, I'll make a plan for you meanwhile. You know you'll have to do double work right? As in work for my company and yourself aside too? Are you ready for that?"

"I am ready for it Rohan trust me."

"Great, I'll see you tomorrow then." He smiled. Khushi nodded as she stood up, waved him a goodbye and headed back home.

*****

Khushi walked straight to her room once she arrived home, she pushed the door open and walked inside. Arnav was seated on the couch beside the bed with a laptop placed on his lap, he was staring at it but it looked like his mind was somewhere else.

Khushi dint try to bother him, she just got her night dress and headed inside the bathroom to change it and walked out, she lied down on the bed and covered herself with the blanket trying to get some sleep.

"So you and Rohan huh?" She heard Arnav's voice suddenly, she sat up immediately and looked at him in shock.

"So now you're stalking me too?" Khushi asked, she seriously dint know what to think of this situation, if he dint care even a bit about her why did he even bother to stalk her? And if he cared, why did he behave this way with her?

"Unlike you Mr. Raizada, when I'm in a relationship, I remain loyal." Khushi said.

"Really? Who did you learn that loyalty from? Your mother?" Arnav asked.

"Why are you bringing my mother between all this?"

"I dint know I was supposed to bring her in between all this."

"You know what, I'm just so done with this." Khushi said as she stood up angrily, picked up her blanket and walked out of the room, she headed to the guest room to sleep, she had to be here until she could afford a place for herself, but it dint mean that she had to be in the same room with him.

Day by day Arnav was just becoming so ruthless and intolerable to her, she couldn't handle it because it hurt, so damn much. Rohan was right, it wouldn't have hurt if she dint love him, she wished she could un-love him though.

Arnav stood outside the guest room staring at Khushi as she lied down on the bed and broke down into tears, a part of him really wanted to go inside, sit beside her, hold her hand and calm her down and apologize for his behavior but he was trapped.

His past wouldn't let him anywhere near her and his present wouldn't let him stay away from her. He just couldn't understand on what to do. When Anjali told him to get married to Khushi, he hated the idea of it, he hated Khushi so much, he still did but right now he was kind of questioning a lot of things.

He was living in a confusion, he dint know what to believe and what not to. It was like his soul had been divided into two parts, one part wanted to hurt Khushi and just get rid of her, while the other part wanted to believe her innocence was real, it just wanted to go calm her down, pull her into a hug and tell her everything was going to be okay.

He sighed as he headed back to his room and lied down on the bed trying to sleep.

Flashbacks

"MOM!" Arnav screamed in shock as he rushed inside the room, his mother was lying on the floor in a pool of blood.

"Mom. Wake up please mom. You can't do this." He cried as he shook her trying to wake her up, hoping it wasn't too late, he called out Anjali, his father but no one seemed to have heard him.

"Arnav, what happened?" He heard a voice, he turned around and saw Khushi standing at the door of his mother's room and behind her was his dad.

"Arnav!" His dad looked at him in shock, he immediately rushed towards him and held him into his arms tightly while Arnav just kept staring at Khushi angrily. What was she doing here in his house always anyway?

"I'll call the ambulance." His father said as he quickly dialed the number, Arnav just stood there shivering, the sight of his mother and the blood on the floor had left him terrified.

He had no idea what had happened, if someone tried to harm his mother, if she harmed herself or anything.

"Khushi what are you doing here?" Garima asked as she looked at her angrily and then she looked inside the room, quite strangely, she dint look surprised by the sight, in fact it dint even seem to bother her.

"Come on, I'll take you home." Garima said to Khushi as she grabbed Khushi's hand and pulled her away with her not even caring that Arnav's mom was lying in a pool of blood.

Flashback Ends.

"Mom! Mom!" Arnav kept on shouting as he tossed and turned around the bed, he was sweating really badly but his eyes were still shut, it was as if he was having a nightmare.

Khushi woke up hearing the noise coming from Arnav's room, she stood up quickly and rushed to his room just to find him struggling in bed.

"Arnav!" She rushed towards him, sat on the bed and pulled him into a hug worriedly.

"No Mom! You can't leave, please." Arnav kept on talking but he wouldn't open his eyes yet.

"Arnav. Its okay, look I'm here, everything is going to be okay. Calm down." Khushi held on to him tightly trying to calm him down and slowly he seemed to be calming down.

He inhaled a few deep breaths and finally opened his eyes, for a moment he just stayed in the same position, holding Khushi back tightly until he realized that he was holding on to her, the girl he hated.

He quickly pulled apart and looked at her like he was surprised that she came here.

"Do you still have nightmares about it?" Khushi asked, to which he just nodded positively.

"Sometimes when I'm too stressed." He replied.

"I had them for a couple months too." Khushi said.

"You did?" Arnav asked in surprise.

"Yeah, I mean we were kids when it happened, the sight of it was just so terrifying I couldn't get that image out of my mind, I kept wondering how you were coping up with it."

"Yet you never bothered to visit." Arnav laughed in a sarcastic way.

"Is that way you hate me? Treat me like this?" Khushi asked.

"What? No! She was my mother, I wouldn't expect you to care about her. Anyway you can go back to sleep, I dint want to bother you." He shrugged.

"I'm here Arnav, go back to sleep, I'll leave after you are asleep." Khushi said as she held his hand into his. Arnav just agreed and lied down on the bed only because he wasn't in moods to argue with her, Khushi sat beside him just staring at him silently until he fell asleep.

Maybe he was a little broken, his childhood hadn't been easy with his mother committing suicide all over a sudden and him being the one to have found her body but whatsoever, it dint still give him the right to treat her the way he did, his childhood wasn't an excuse for it.

Once he was asleep, she covered him with the blanket and headed back to the guest room to get her sleep.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

449K 17.1K 46
What if Arnav never showed up for the second marriage? What if the truth the Raizadas knew was a twisted one to favor the Maliks? What if Arvind Ma...
1.9K 241 6
"I HATE YOU" "And it kills me, that I can never stop loving you" How had they gotten so close? The fire of rage, hurt, love and longing, burning in t...
172K 9.3K 30
Nafrat paas ane na de Mahobat door jane na de( hatred keeps them apart but love keeps them closer) What will happen when love overcomes Hatred. Read...
239K 13.9K 52
This is Story about Arnav and Khushi who loved each other during college days. Due some problems they parted their ways. while going Khushi said him...