The Twin Rabbits (Yuki Sohma)

By larkobean

Katsumi Sohma is the little twin sister to Momiji Sohma, like her brother, she is possessed by the year of th... More

Prologue
How Do You Just Stop Talking?
YES, Please Cook!
I Too Am A Rodent.
Without You In It
Twins Are Cute
Sorry I Pissed You Off
Kyon-Kyon, Ich Liebe Dich
Garbage Collection Day?
Tomorrow, Then
What is That Look For?
Jason's Here?! (Part One)
Jason's Here?! (Part Two)
A Little Warning
No, You're Puurrfect.
Everyone's An Idiot...
Huh? 'They' Who?
Prove Your Prowess
To Thine Own Self Be True
At What Cost?
Sit There and Do Nothing
Yuki, Stop!
Ah Whatever, Come 'Ere Kid
You've Endured So Much Pain
Here For You!
Eat A Well Balanced Breakfast!
AUTHORS NOTE
How Could You Forget?
A Pitch Black World

Wen-Den, What?

8K 238 129
By larkobean

  Behind them the bus pulled away, leaving the four Sohma's and Tohru at the entryway of the "Sohma Hot Spring." Katsumi slouched against Kyo, rubbing her eye's sleepily.

"Hey! Why are you leaning on me! Stop, go lean on Yuki!" The cat shouted, shoving her against the shoulder.

"Aw, Kyo! Don't be such a grumpy kitten, and let Sumi lean on you! She is so tired, look at how adorable she is!" Momiji protested, gesturing to his sleepy sister. She yawned drowsily, her bunny ears popping out as she does so. Kyo looks away, a blush feathering his cheeks.

"Fine..." The red-headed cat grounds out, wrapping an arm around her shoulder to support her.

"Thanks Kyo," she murmurs quietly, smiling softly up at him.

"Wow! This place is a wonderful inn!" Tohru exclaimed, clasping her hands together in delight.

"It's really nice on the inside, too!" Momiji informs her, bouncing around.

"Getting to go to a hot spring for white day, this is amazing! I almost feel like I've turned into a princess!" Her friend sighs dreamily, sucked into dreamland.

"Majesty, you look radiant!" Momiji cries, bowing in front of Tohru.

"How's something so small make her feel like royalty?" Kyo asks Katsumi, looking down at her. She shrugs, tapping her finger to her chin.

"You. I see you. Yes, welcome to the inn. Welcome." Tohru let out a terrified screech, grabbing onto Momiji's shoulder. Katsumi giggled slightly at her friends reaction, still clinging onto Kyo's arm.

"Properness!" Her brother chirps, pointing a finger at the proprietress.

"Proprietress," both Yuki and Katsumi corrected. They look at each other, and smile warmly.

"Not that she's very proper either," she mumbled with a shake of her head.

"Please! Make yourselves at home, my dears!" Ri-Chan's mother shouted, before suddenly recovering from her manic episode. She smiles at them, her eyes worn and tired.

"I apologize if I startled you," she says with a bow. Katsumi rested her head on Kyo's shoulder as he piggybacked her through the inn, her head spun with memories. She squeezed her eyes shut, wishing them away.

"You've been such a good girl lately, so I'm going to reward you. What do you say about a nice little vacation away, the Sohma's hot spring would be nice..."

She clenched her fingers tightly onto Kyo's red shirt, bunching the soft red fabric between her fingers.

"It would be a shame, to miss out on such a gorgeous view..."

Katsumi squeezed her fist tighter, she wanted it to stop! She wanted his voice out of her head, but no, she could still feel his touch against her skin. Kyo dumped her on the floor, turning around to glare at her.

"Hey! Would you stop squeezing my shirt so tight you damn rab-" The boy stopped short, looking at the terrified faraway look in her eyes. Her fists were still clenched, and her whole body shaking.

"Sumi, is something the matter?" Momiji asked, crouching down in front of his sister. Everyone in the room turned to look at the twins, it was obvious that something was wrong. Katsumi was looking at Momiji, but she wasn't looking at him- but rather through him. Her eyes were empty, and her face mirroring terror.

"Katsumi?" Kyo called, waving a hand in front of her face.

"Pardon?" She says, shaking her head. Momiji sits on the ground next to her, pulling her in for a cuddle.

"Etwas the matter?" He asked, tilting his head to the side. She smiled tiredly, running a hand through her hair. (Something.)

"No, nichts is wrong" Katsumi reassures, reaching up to tousle his hair. (Nothing.)

"Katsumi, I'm very glad to see you here. I'm terribly sorry about your last trip to the springs, I know it wasn't very pleasant. Oh, and I'm so pleased to see you are talking again!" The Ri-Chan's mother said, reaching down to lay a hand on Katsumi's head.  Yuki noted the dark look that the two women shared, and got a bad feeling in his gut.

"None of that has anything to do with you, so I'm glad to be back. This time will be a success I'm sure," she replied smiling up at her.

"Wow, what a vacation. Here I thought I could get rid of Yuki." Kyo muttered, drawing Katsumi's attention towards him.

"I see you two are still at odds with each other, I can always put up some screens to partition off the room. If you like." The elder woman offered, covering the smile that spread across her lips.

"That's not what the problem is! Why can't I get one day without--"

"I know why you're complaining. It's because you want to sleep in Tohru, and Katsumi's room. Isn't it?" Her brother chided, making Katsumi laugh.

"What!" The ill-tempered cat despairs, glaring down at her brother in shock.

"Pervert." Yuki  comments, giving him a sideways glare.

"Uh! It's not what this is about! Seriously! I swear that brat only--" Kyo stops mid-sentence, feeling the offended gaze of the proprietress.

"You fiend! How dare you say you wanna room with the girl you brought along on vacation! I've always wanted to believe you were a good boy, even though you're the cat! Ee, you lascivious beast! This is a horrifying turn of events! For shame, Kyo." She shrieks, grabbing him by the front of his shirt and shaking him.

"You're the one who's terrifying here." He comments, sweatdropping.

"If you won't apologize, then I'll do so on your behalf. And not just to the girls but to the entire world!" Kyo's gaze lands on Katsumi, a pleading look in his eyes.

"Please help me?" He begged, making her chuckle and push herself off the ground.

"Please Tante, I think you are taking this too far." She tells her aunt, holding her hands up in surrender. "This is just a misunderstanding, you see, Kyo just meant he wished he had a room of his own. Not that he wished to share one with us, my bruder just wanted to joke around." Katsumi explained, resting her hands on the woman's arm. Their aunt stops immediately, looking down at Katsumi with a soft, gentle gaze.

"My Katsumi, dear. You've turned into such a charming young lady." She lets go of Kyo, and bows to him. "My sincerest apologies master Kyo, humour is not my strong suit."

~ 🌸 ~ 🐇 ~ 🌺 ~ 🐈 ~

Katsumi rested her head into Yuki's lap, as everyone sat at the table to enjoy some tea. She gazed down at the bracelet, gently rubbing the rat pedant between her fingers.

"You've been such a good girl, I like it so much better when you don't make a sound."

She paused as his voice echoed through her head, she rested the rat pendant on her thumb, rubbing a finger over the golden rodent.

"Whenever you're scared, all you have to do is look at our pendants- and even when I'm not with you, it'll still feel like i'm there."

A warm smile spread across her face, as she gazed up at Yuki. You're here for me now, you said we could be happy together.

"You should have never talked in the first place, it would have saved the earth some more oxygen."

She closed her eyes, feeling a phantom stinging pain sear across her stomach. But they can't know about this, nobody can, and nobody ever should. This was Katsumi's pain to bare, it's a burden nobody should ever have to share. She didn't know... She didn't know that going on the vacation with Akito, would mean that he would try to kill.

"Tohru! Aren't you so excited for the spring?" Momiji shouted, startling her out of her thoughts.

"Yes!"

"Let's bathe together!" Her brother shouted, making the three Sohma's sit up and glare at him. Kyo smacks him down onto the table, and pins Momiji's head down.

"You're the one with bad thoughts around here." The oranged-headed cat sneered, making her brother cry.

"Kyo! Why are you picking on me? Katsumi, and I used to have baths together all of the time!" She shakes her head, resting a hand on her forehead.

"Momiji, we had baths together until we were like four!" She cries, her bunny ears popping out. Her brother squirms under Kyo's headlock, trying to free himself.

"Yuki, get him off me!" Momiji whines, wriggling himself around.

"Jeez, you little wimp. Stop crying!"

"Please!"

"Shut up! Quit wriggling."

"Momiji." Yuki says, placing his hands on either side of her brothers face. "Stop begging like a spoiled child. You didn't bring Miss Honda here to make her feel uncomfortable."

"Nein." Momiji sighs, looking down at the ground. "But we can still sleep together tonight, right Sumi?!" Katsumi lets out a little laugh, shaking her head at her brother.

"Whatever floats your boat," she chuckles.

~ 🌻 ~ 🍙 ~ 🌸 ~ 🐇 ~

Katsumi rested her head against a rock, letting the warm water relax her muscles. She closes her eyes, letting out a content sigh.

"This is amazing, I've never been to an open air bath!" Her friend tells her, entering the warm water to come sit next to her.

"Yes, this is my second experience myself." She says, titling her head so she could look to at her.

"The proprietress said that your last time here wasn't a good one?" Tohru asked, looking down at her with curious eyes.

"No, it wasn't. I'm sorry, but, I can't explain." Katsumi whispers, turning away her gaze. Tohu takes her hint, and turns to grab something from the ground by her head.

"First things first, tada mom!" She sings, taking a plastic wrapped up picture of her mother out of her toiletry bag. "What do you think? Nice, right?" She asks her mother, smiling fondly down at the picture.

"Tohru, Katsumi! How are you doing?" Momiji calls, drawing the two away from Kyoko.

"You little brat, didn't I tell you to be quiet?!" Kyo shouted, the two girls look at each other and dissolve into giggles.

"Oh hey, I have a good idea, Katsumi lets sing a song! That way it will seem like we're all in here together! It will be fun, really!" Her brother enthuses, making her laugh.

"Okay, which song?" She calls back, a smile gracing her lips.

"The one Papa used to sing to us in the bath!" Momiji shouts, his voice sounding just like he had when they were children.

"Okay, okay!" She chuckles, resting her head back against the rock and closing her eyes.

"~ Who's in the forest strolling, the birds and the bees sing Momiji.~"

"~The frogs in the pond are calling, Katsumi yes it's true.~" Her brother interrupts, making her smile.

"~The trees raise their leaves together, who needs the sun when we've got you.~" She sings softly, smiling fondly at the memory that surfaced.

"~Who's in the forest strolling, Momiji yes it's true.~" Momiji finishes, before letting out an loud cheer.

Can you feel it Momiji? She thought, pressing a hand to her cheek. Can you feel my pain?

~ 🌸 ~ 🐇 ~

Katsumi rested in the main room while the others hung out in the activity room, she sighed running her finger across her pendant. She had told everyone she was going to take a nap, but rather she just needed alone time to collect her thoughts.

"You should just lay there, and choke in a pool of your own blood."

"Nobody wants you to return home with me."

"I'm only doing you, and everyone else a favour."

"At least I let you relax, before you tried to take your own life... Or that's what everyone is going to think, anyways."

"It's not like anybody will care, don't fool yourself. Nobody could love someone like you."

"It's painful for you, isn't it? Knowing everyone that you loved has abandoned you? Want me to let you in on little secret? They left because they realized your a disgusting, revolting, creature."

"Hey Sumi, do you wanna play ping pong with me? Yuki, and Kyo won't let me join in any of their games." Momiji pouts, slamming open the door. Katsumi lets out a startled cry, before turning to face her brother.

"Oh sorry! Did I wake you up?" He exclaims, putting his head to his hands.

"Nein, nein, but sure. I'd love to play!" She agrees, sending her brother a big smile as she gets to her feet. Momiji lets out an excited cheer, before grabbing her hand and dragging her down the hall to the activity room.

She lets out a squeal of surprise, as a ball flies past her head, just barely missing her.

"That's out. I told you, you had to bounce it first." Yuki sighed, before turning around and giving Katsumi a pleasant smile. "Good to see you, did you have a nice nap?"

"Shut up, rat! Why would I do something that slows down the ball?!" Kyo retaliates, glaring across the table at Yuki.

"Because those are the rules of the game?" Katsumi offers, twisting her hair into two separate braids. The cat lets out a battle cry, before smacking the ball straight across the table and into the wall.

"Still out." Yuki sighs, shutting his eyes.

"Really, again?" Momiji questions, jumping onto her shoulders.

"I thought you could compete with me for once, but you remain hopeless." The rat once again sighs, bored of the game.

"Kyo! Give it your best!" Tohru cheers, throwing her arms up in the air. Kyo lets out a roar, throwing his paddle across the room and slamming the table into the ground.

"We're finished. Done! This sucks! Real men battle with their fists!" Kyo shouts, pointing an angry finger at Yuki.

"You're the one who suggested a ping pong war." Yuki remarks, never once losing his cool.

"Um, well, maybe... I could play. Does someone wanna battle with me?" Tohru asked, picking up the paddle that Kyo had thrown.

"Huh?" The cat shouts, looking at her confused.

"That sounds fun to watch!" The twins cheer, a playful glint in their eyes.

"Just so you know, I'm not going to take it easy on you cause you're a girl." Kyo informs her, as he fixes the table.

"Okay!" Tohru says, a determined look on her face.

"Alright, here it comes. 'Kay?" He calls, ready to bounce the ball.

"Ready!" Tohru chirps, readying her paddle.

"Don't forget you have to bounce the ball," Katsumi reminds him.

"Ah, shut your trap!" He shouts, sending a nasty glare her way. "Here," he sends the ball. Tohru lets out a battle cry, swinging and totally missing the ball. Momiji runs over to the ball, and stares at it.

"Hm-- I completely missed!" Her friend informs Kyo, unphased by her complete failure.

"I can see that..." He says, dumbfounded. Katsumi lets out snort, collapsing to the ground in a fit of laughter.

"Tohru... Your face... You're so bad!" She wails, wiping tears from her eyes.

"You're not very good at this," Kyo informs her.

"You've got no room to talk, Kyo." Momiji stated, coming to their friends rescue.

"Oh, yeah? If you're so good, then show us your skills, shorty." The cat declared, bristling with anger.

"Wenn schon, denn schon!" Her brother said with a shrug of his shoulder, Katsumi stops laughing. Wiping away her tears with her sleeve.

"Wen-den, what?" He asked, flustered.

"He means: He'll do it." She said, recovering from her fit.

"Then come on!" Katsumi smiled, a warm feeling fluttering in her stomach. She couldn't remember a time when she had laughed so hard, pushing her hair away from her eyes she searched the room for Tohru. She supposed she should apologize for insulting her friend. Her gaze scanned the room, but neither Tohru or Yuki were anywhere to be found. She shrugged, promising herself to remember to do it later.

She grew bored of watching her brother, and Kyo play ping pong. So Katsumi returned to her room, to grab some bread to feed the koi. She admired the stars that twinkled bright among the black sky, the moon shone bright hanging low in the sky. It was so rare to see a star in the city, so being able to admire them brought her a sense of vulnerability. It reminded her of how really small she was in the universe. Katsumi gazed up at the beautiful sky, wanting to bring Yuki out here to share this breath taking beauty. She smiled at the thought of being able to share such a special moment with the boy she loved. As she approached the bridge, she heard two soft voices. She stopped stop short, finding both Yuki and Tohru. Katsumi watched as Yuki gifted her with a blue bow, she felt an empty feeling shoot through her chest. Tohru tied the fabric into her hair, it complimented her hair colour beautifully. Yuki bowed low, grabbing the blue fabric and bringing it to his lips with a soft smile.

"It's not like anybody will care, don't fool yourself. Nobody could love someone like you."

Katsumi felt her hands clench into fists, she shouldn't be surprised that Yuki would fall in love with Tohru. She would be perfect for Yuki, she can take away his pain. Katsumi sat down at the ledge of the pond, tossing small pieces of bread into the water. She felt hollow. Perhaps Akito was right, after all, why would Yuki love the person who shared his pain with? She threw the last piece of bread into the water, watching as the koi swarm the last morsel. Katsumi pulled her knees to her chest, feeling tears well in her eyes.

"Akito, you were right. I did fool myself." She whispered to herself.

"Now that's the stupidest thing I've heard all night," a sharp voice remarked. She yelp out a terrified yelp, nearly falling into the water. Kyo sat next to her, looking at her with a curious look.

"You've got people lookin' for ya," he sighed resting his arms on his knees. Katsumi tilted her head back, looking up at the stars as she shook her head.

"I'd rather they didn't," Katsumi admitted. He looked down at her with a thoughtful look on his face, it was one she hadn't seen before.

"What's going on with you tonight? Wanna talk about it?" Katsumi looked down at her hands, before slowly closing them into fists.

"Why do you care?" She asked him, looking at the boy with tears in her eyes.

"Look, I know I act like I don't care about you but that's not true. Katsumi, you're my friend. You were the first person to accept me, and care about me despite what I am. You've defended me from Aktio countless times, if there was anyone I trusted more than my master- it would have to be you. So, if you need someone to vent too, or a shoulder to cry on. I'm happy to help." Kyo explained, his cheeks were red, and he was glaring, but she felt the sincerity in his tone.

"Even if it's about Yuki, and Akito?" Katsumi asked him in a small voice, he nodded.

"Even if it involves that stupid rat," he agreed. She took in a shaky breath, leaning onto his shoulder for support.

"As i'm sure you remember, aunty had mentioned I was here before. It was Akito who had brought me, he claimed it was a reward for being such a good girl. This was the second month after Yuki had left, and the first month after I had stopped talking. Akito was growing more, and more aggravated everyday, and after Yuki had left he had grown increasingly more violent. I don't think I went a day without being beaten. At first, I could tell he enjoyed my silence- but after time went on, he began to grow angry. Akito brought me here, insisted we share a bath, and sleep in the same bed. He was kind, actually, for the first two days. I thought he actually wanted to do something nice for me, for doing everything he asked without hesitation. But no, on the third day I could tell that he was beginning to get frustrated. He was feeling unwell, and he began to run a fever. I did my best to comfort him, and to bring down is fever- but I failed. Akito was feverish, and he was furious. He-He grabbed the vase, and threw it at the wall beside me. He reached down, grabbing the largest shard he could find, and jabbed it through my stomach. I remember the feeling of wanting to scream, but it seemed to stick in my throat like peanut butter. At first it felt warm, almost like I had severely burnt myself. Then it began to hurt, it was the most intense pain I had ever felt. Akito grabbed me by a clump of hair, and held me up as my knees seem to collapse under me. 'You should have never talked in the first place, it would have saved the earth some more oxygen.' He told me, before letting me fall to the ground. The pain was unbearable, and only seemed to grow more intense with the amount of blood I had lost. Akito looked down at me, with those dark eyes full of hatred and said: 'You should just lay there, and choke in a pool of your own blood. Nobody wants you to return home with me. I'm only doing you, and everyone else a favour. At least I let you relax, before you tried to take your own life... Or that's what everyone is going to think, anyways. How tragic, Akito went to take poor little Katsumi out for a nice relaxing vacation and she killed herself. She couldn't bare the thought of her own mother hating her anymore, and took her own life. It's not like anybody will care, don't fool yourself. Nobody could love someone like you. It's painful for you, isn't it? Knowing everyone that you loved has abandoned you? Want me to let you in on little secret? They left because they realized you're a disgusting, revolting, creature.'  I remember feeling defeated, and thought it best just to let myself die like Akito wanted me too. So I closed my eyes, and waited for the sweet relief of death. Instead, I found myself in the hospital a week later. So, being here today reminds me of that." Kyo was silent as she told her story, his eyes growing wide as she neared the end.

"None of what he said is true Katsumi, so many people love you. Take that stupid rat for example." He said, throwing his arm around her shoulder.

"Yuki, is better off without me. I saw him today with Tohru, and he looked so... Comfortable, and happy around her. She can be something for him, that I never could be. All that I am to Yuki, is a constant reminder that he went through something horrible. I'm no better than a scar. So, I think that it's best I forget that I love him. The best thing I can do for him is... Love him from afar, and let him be happy." Katsumi whispered, tears filling her eyes.

"Katsumi..." Kyo murmured, looking down at her in worry. She unclips the bracelet, and throws it into the pond.

"I need to let go of Yuki, so he can be happy. I'm okay suffering, if it means he'll get to be free of pain. Just seeing him smile, makes my heart soar. So... I'll be okay loving him from afar, I'll be okay alone. I realized early on, all I ever do is bring people pain. I did the same to my Mutti."

Kyo stared at Katsumi speechless, he had known that Akito had a tendency to beat people. But he had gone as far as attempting to murder Katsumi, and far what? She had stuck by his side since they age of seven years old, taking care of him through every illness. And now that damn rat was breaking her heart, she didn't deserve anymore pain- but that stupid Yuki was making her think that she wasn't even allowed to feel love for him? Kyo didn't know what to do, he didn't know what to say. He wanted to do something, but nothing seemed right at the moment. He clenched his fists, letting out a frustrated growl. Katsumi looked up at him in surprise, her cheeks wet with tears. He pulls her into a hug, running his hand through her hair.

"That stupid rat isn't worth your pain, but if this is really what you want to do Sumi. Then I can try to be the person you can come too, and I can be the person you can rely on. I'll try my best to be the friend that you need, okay?" She nodded against his chest, her small frame wracking with sobs. Katsumi cried until she collapsed from exhaustion, he helped her into bedroom. There Tohru, and Momiji were already fast sleep. Katsumi crawled into the futon with her brother, then curled into his side. Kyo ran back outside, searching in the pond for nearly an hour until he found the silly little golden bracelet. He stomped back inside, traipsing water into his and Yuki's bedroom.

"Would you stop being so disgusting, and dry yourself off before tracking that in here?" The stupid rat snapped, glaring up at him. Kyo threw the algae covered bracelet at him, sneering down at him.

"Stop being such a idiot, and realize you're breaking her heart! " He shouted, as Yuki stared in agony at the bracelet in his hands.

"What-"

"She threw that away in the pond, so I went and got it. Look, I hate you, and I hate your guts. But I love Katsumi like a little sister, so you better fix yourself then give that back to her." He snapped, gathering his clothes for a shower.

"Hey, Kyo." Yuki called, making him look back with a glare.

"What!" He sneered, hatred bittering his tongue.

"Thanks... For getting this I mean..." The rat said, staring softly down at the bracelet.

"Yeah, whatever. Don't make me regret it."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12K 179 17
(Fruits Basket Fanfiction)After Tohru tries to convince Akito to break the curse. She falls off a cliff and also loses all of her memories. This incl...
278K 8.6K 43
[Y/n] Honda is Tohru's adopted sister. She never knew who her real family was nor did it matter to her. She had Tohru and Kyoko, so she was happy. Bu...
248K 9.2K 50
"Please go out with me!" a loud called shouted across the school hair as a certain white haired girl stop and turned "I can't i'm sorry" The girl smi...
135K 3.8K 95
You, Y/n Sohma, are a special part of the Zodiac. You're the aligning soul, the soul that is seated next to god, working hand in hand with them. Your...