Crush! Kill! Destroy! (Male...

By Lurkerbelow

(Y/N) is an Iolite berserker of deepest blue, one of the rarest and strongest of the Iolites. But more than t... More

I am a proud Iolite warrior.
Crush! Kill! Destroy! Iolite lands on Earth!
Shocking Revelation! Iolite learns what he missed
A plan without flaw, nor possibility of error! Iolite throws a fight.
Iolite Unbubbled! His new name is...?
A place to stay! Peridot makes an offer.
An experiment! Peridot and (Y/N) have a chat. (Lemon)
A pleasant talk with Steven. (Y/N) goes for a walk.
Learn about Earth with Amethyst!
Amethyst's Room is the best room! (Lemon)

Getting to know Amethyst?

1.5K 43 16
By Lurkerbelow

(Y/N) POV

It's the start of a new day, and most of what I was thinking about last night was Amethyst, punctuated by brief moments of wondering about that Phantom Quartz, or being distracted by Lapis and Peridot. She vexes me, but in a good way I guess. Every other Gem on Earth can trace something positive back to Homeworld. A purpose, a home, training, you know, something that they 'owe' Homeworld for. Something without which, they'd be the poorer for it. Not her. She only has to thank them for her creation, and even if we presume that's a good thing, something I feel she'd be the first one to argue against, the question then becomes 'but what have they done for me lately?'.

I want to get to know her better. She's the only full Gem made free, and she seems to be much better adjusted than the others. Not just to Earth, that's to be expected, but in general. There's so much about her that defies my worldview. I want to get to know the real her, and see if she really is as put together as it seems.

I asked Lapis if she knew anything about Amethyst, and she told me to ask Peridot. I asked Peridot, and she had... a lot to say. She deeply respects Amethyst. She gave me a lot of, mostly useless information, some of which I already figured out; like her sense of humor, the fact that she's over cooked, her proclivity for shapeshifting. Her words were respectful, and slowly turned complementary, bordering on reverent. Does she have feelings for her? Hmmm... 

We part ways outside Little Homeworld, as she had to go to teach a 'class'. I sigh; I don't want to walk in there alone, I know when I'm not wanted. But, she's so carefree, who knows when I'll find her again. This is the only spot where I know she is going to be. So, regretfully, I head in.

As I walk past buildings under repair and classes that are taking place outdoors, I can hear the terrified hushed whispers of Gems as I pass. I shrug it off. I'm used to being feared. I can see humans in some of the classes, and it isn't long before the gossip reaches them and they start looking afraid of me too. Again, par for the course. Freedom to live is also freedom to hate; I'm content with the knowledge none of them could defeat me, and move on. 

Amethyst wouldn't be in a classroom; she'd have an outdoor class, and her 'class' would probably be more of a free period, if I'm reading her right. But... I don't fucking know the layout of this place! Sure, I broke it, but most of my time here is now a haze of violence and fury. I'm gonna have to ask one of the Gems here where Amethyst's class would be... joy.

I walk up to a Ruby... and as I open my mouth to say something, she immediately falls over in panic, covering the gem on her hip. Ruby: "Please don't shatter me! I didn't mean to say all those things about you, I was only saying them because everyone else was! I've never even had pizza yet! OH STARS PLEASE DON-" Y/N: "Shut up." I make sure my tone is even, calm, and quiet. I don't need to deal with security, or an angry mob. It did the trick. She shut the hell up, dead silent, for fear I'd mangle her.

I looked at her, cowing in abject terror of me, and softened my gaze. Y/N: "Listen, I don't know where everything is, could you point me to Amethyst's class?" The Ruby blinked in confusion. There was an awkward silence. Y/N: "Please?" She shakily pointed me in a direction. Ruby: "It, uh... It's that way." I nodded. Y/N: "Thank you." I headed in the direction she pointed me towards; as I walked off, I heard her scramble away from me when my back was turned.

I walked through the campus, ignoring the wary glares and hushed whispers. I kept my ear out, listening for any familiar voices. I passed a forge (with a temporary roof) from within which I could hear the Bismuth discuss armors; I passed a greenhouse (with every window damaged) where I heard Peridot's voice giving a lecture on plants; I passed by an art class being taught by a human just outside a pile of rubble that hadn't been cleared out yet. It hasn't even been a month yet and the Gems, and I guess also Humans, have almost bounced back from my attack already. This is a rather hardy little planet.

I approached a group of Gems sitting in front of a blackboard with "Living with Liberty" written on it. This must be the class. Amethyst walked up to the front of the class... and gave the same speech about 'deciding what you want to do, then do it' that she gave me. I roll my eyes, but the class seems to get it. She sees me, and walks over to me. The Gems in her class notice me at that point, and gasp, flinching away from me. Amethyst pretends not to notice. Amethyst: "Hey dude, what's up? Came all this way just to see me?" She raised an eyebrow playfully. Y/N: "Yes, yes I did." She blinked in surprise, not expecting a candid response. Amethyst: "Uhhh... Alright, walk with me." She headed off; I followed.

As we walked together though Little Homeschool and out into Little Homeworld, Amethyst kept looking around at all the Gems (and the occasional Human) that kept whispering about us. Mostly either calling me various words for 'monster' and speculating on why Amethyst was walking with me. None of it complementary, to say the least. I paid it no heed, but Amethyst seemed put off by it. Amethyst: "Dude, you're kind of a, what's it called, pariah. How do you stand it?" 

I shrugged. Y/N: "Words mean little. If they want to say something, they can say it to my face. None of them could stop me, so I see little reason to worry about what they're saying." Amethyst looked... appalled. Amethyst: "So you just let them talk shit about you because you could beat them up if they attacked you?!" Y/N: "Yes." She flinched at the speed and bluntness of my response. Amethyst sighed. "You've got a lot to learn, and don't think I can teach you this. You gotta learn it on your own, or you're never gonna get it. I can tell right now." She's right on that...

... But that's not why I'm here. Y/N: "Actually, I wanted to get to know you better, Amethyst." She stopped walking, stunned. The murmurs of the Gems got a little bit louder. Amethyst: "Uhhh... W-why?" Y/N: "You're interesting to me. A Gem, totally born free; you've never known what it was like to live under the Empire. So, I wanna get to know you, because I've literally not only never met someone like you, I never thought I'd meet someone like you!" Amethyst blushed at my explanation.

Amethyst: "So, what, you're asking me out on a date?" I blunk in confusion. (Y/N): "What? I'm not entirely sure what the current date has to do with us hanging out." Amethyst gave me a look that just said 'really?' before she started to snicker. Amethyst: "Alright, sure, whatever dude. Let me show you where the best fries in the city are." She walked off and I followed, not sure what these 'fries' are; knowing Amethyst, it's some kind of human food.

And I was right. We were standing in front of one 'Fryman's Fries' store on the boardwalk. The smell of hot oil and salt invaded my nose. Amethyst talked to the man behind the counter, handed him some 'cash' and in return was handed two bags stuffed to the brim with what I can only presume are the 'fries'. Crunch and salty, yet soft and fluffy on the inside. This whole 'eating' thing gets more enticing the more foods I try!

As we walked along the boardwalk, Amethyst just sighed. Amethyst: "Look, dude, I'm flattered you want to know more about me, but... I don't really like talking about myself. I just go with the flow. Just relax, and let things come to you naturally. If you try and force things to move along faster than they should go, all you'll do is make things worse." I thought about what she said as we ate our fries. 

(Y/N): "It's a message I shouldn't have to be told; I know damn well that forcing a square magazine in a round receiver warps the gun." She looked at me like I said something odd. I ignored it and kept going. (Y/N): "But with how strange this planet has been, even with my short time here, I guess I needed to hear it. You're wise beyond your years and station Amethyst. Is that what the freedom to learn does?" She blinked in surprise, and tried to figure out if I was insulting her or not. 

Amethyst: "I don't know dude. I'm just me. If you're having trouble wrapping your head around that, that's more a 'you' problem." I smile at her response. (Y/N): "Well put. You can just march to the beat of your own drum; the best part is that no one told you who to be! You didn't have a whole world telling you to be a certain way! I'll bet it was hard, but, in the short time I've known you, I can see you are more unique than any other Amethyst I've met! You don't care if it's right by someone else, if it's right by you, you do it! That's something... I don't think I could ever do." 

Amethyst looked at me. Amethyst: "Is this that 'enjoy killing' thing again?" I nod. (Y/N): "If someone were to hit you, my first instinct would be to kill them. I wouldn't even think about it, I'd just do it. I look back on all I've done in service to the Empire, and I can't even bring myself to regret it. I know I should... but I don't, and I can live with that. But now it's different; now I have to learn what to do with myself, without killing. And I don't know if I can do that."

Amethyst: "Why not... I dunno, set up a defense force or something?" I snapped my head in her direction in surprise. Amethyst was staring off into the horizon, enjoying the ocean view. Amethyst: "If you really like fighting, why not set up something so you can fight off invaders or whatever." That's... perfect! I picked up Amethyst and hugged her. (Y/N): "Amethyst, you're a stardamned genius!!" She blushed at my embrace and struggled weakly to get out. Amethyst: "Thanks, but, let go man!" I place her back down on the ground.

(Y/N): "Sorry... I uhhh, don't know wha-" Amethyst: "It's fine, just warn me next time. You give good hugs." (Y/N): "Thanks?" She nods. Amethyst: "You're welcome. Now what?" I shrug. (Y/N): "I don't know Amethyst; whatever you want to do is fine by me. The only other thing i can think of is that temple." She tilted her head in confusion. Amethyst: "The temple?" I look towards it; we've gotten close enough to see it. I start to head towards the beach house. (Y/N): "Yeah, I've been in other temples, and I want to see how it compares." 

Amethyst stopped in slight shock. Amethyst: "Wait, hold on, other temples?" She ran up alongside me. Amethyst: "There are more temples out there?" I think for a moment on how to respond to her. (Y/N): "I doubt there are any temples like the Crystal Gem temple out there. Basically all of them are maintained by an Ammolite, in honor of the Diamonds usually." She looked confused. I rolled my eyes. (Y/N): "Ask the fusion Garnet, and see what she says." Amethyst just shrugged.

As we headed towards the beach house, Amethyst started to pick up speed. Amethyst: "Well, if you want to see the temple, how 'bout I show you the best room?" I raise an eyebrow. (Y/N): "Let me guess, your room." She shook her head. Amethyst: "No, it's my-" She realized what I said and laughed. Amethyst: "See! You are learning more about me! HA!" 

We entered the house. I could hear the sound of a news report upstairs. Amethyst said quietly "Steven's got Connie over for some kinda report thing for school. Don't worry though, they won't hear us talk in my room." I nodded, she went over to the temple door. The purple dot on the star on the door glowed in sync with her gem, and it opened up. We headed into Amethyst's junk filled room. I had a strange feeling as I entered. Like something bad was about to happen... but I pushed it to the side. I wanted Amethyst to have my full attention.

To be Continued

A/N: Goddamn it!! This took way longer than intended. If you want a time scale on how off I got, this was supposed to come out this time last month!! (Don't feel too bad though, half that was procrastination.)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2K 34 9
"𝑾𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒊𝒔 𝒊𝒕 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒘𝒆'𝒓𝒆 𝒅𝒐𝒊𝒏𝒈?" In which Y/n finds herself back with the past when encountering an old acquaintance named Gojo S...
12.1K 349 28
(I do not own any rights to Steven universe, all credit goes to Rebecca Sugar and Cartoon Network) (This story is much more slice of life in nature...
179K 3.7K 16
you finally get a chance to be alone with your crush. and well... things escalate from there. ________ • mikasa ackerman x fem reader! • *THIS STOR...
1.6K 19 28
Steven Universe... son of the one and only, Rose Quartz. Also known as Pink Diamond. Steven grew up wanting to be what everybody else wanted him to b...