Promise Never to fall in-love...

Por Kerisha14iceqween

Highest rankings- #3 reassurance #6 hurtful words #14 adults #1 for kerrie Phoebe's just a normal teen or... Más

Before you start reading....
PART 1:: Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19::Characters
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50

Chapter 20

261 8 0
Por Kerisha14iceqween

Phoebe's POV

"Good morning" I'm woken by the voice of Bri that sounds grumpy in the morning.
"Hey" I greet her sitting up on the bed rubbing my eyes to adjust to the sunlight that is now creeping inside the room.

"What time is it?" I ask her as I sit up straight.
"Ten thirty" she replies. I nod; got up and walk into the bathroom. She hands me a towel; toothbrush and a bathing rag. I take a nice long shower underneath the warm water that relaxes my muscles.

The scene with Brent and I replayed in my mind over and over again. I touch my lips unknowingly and exhale.
"Here you go I had them washed and dry cleaned for you" Bri says handing me my clothes from yesterday.

"Thank you. You're the best" I say and she flips her hair.
"I know" she boasts cockily and I chuckle.
"How about a sleep over Friday night?" I ask her gathering the courage to do so and she gladly agrees.

She walks into the bathroom a few minutes later while I go to change into my clothes. I put my dampened hair into a messy bun and waited for Bri to come out of the bathroom. When she was finally finished we head downstairs.

The sweet scent of pancakes hit my nostrils,I inhale it's scrumptious smell.
"Good morning girls. How was your sleep Phoebe?" Keran asks.
"It was good. Thanks for letting me stay for the night" I add smiling.

"You're always welcome honey. Ok well let's eat" she says pointing to the table and I take a seat next to Bri while Keran takes the head seat. We start eating while Keran starts to ask me questions about my future plans and you know.... those stuffs that they normally ask.

We hear footsteps coming from the hallway and my pulse quicken. I know who it is and last night plays yet again  in my mind more than a dozen times. He sits in front of me and I shift in my seat. I'm confused and surprised to why he is even sitting here and so was Karen and Bri who both had a surprised yet confused look on their faces.

"Good morning" Karen greets him and he hums not like I expected him to say anything else.
"Are you ok?" Keran asks cautiously and I gulp.
"Why wouldn't I be?" he asks and proceeds to eat. I hold my head down feeling his hard gaze on me but I refuse to look up.

Last night was a misunderstanding and I kinda gave in.
"Well... ok" his mom says smiling.
"Are you sure?" Bri asks with concern in her voice.
"What's with the damn questions" he grits holding his head probably a hangover. I roll my eyes at him being rude to his sister.

"Sorry" she says rolling her eyes.
"Dick" I hear her say underneath her breath and I giggle. My stupid eyes caught a quick glimpse of him and he glares at me. I quickly divert my head back to my food and finish my breakfast.
++++

Breakfast was silent after Brent's attitude he left a few minutes later to his room but it was ok with Bri her mom and I. I am currently in Bri's room looking at myself in the mirror.
"Thanks for inviting me to breakfast" I tell her stepping away from the mirror.

"Anytime besides you slept over. So how are things with you and Kyle?" I ask wiggling my eyebrows at her. She blushes hard and I giggle.

"Well don't say anything but he asked me out" she says and I clap excitedly.
"So what did you say?" I ask her raising an eyebrow.

"Well.....I said yes of course" we cheer and jump up on the bed like amateurs.
"When though?" I ask her.
"Well it's this Saturday" she announces.
"Perfect so I'll have time to help you prepare" I say and she agrees. We talked for an hour before I decided it's time to go.

"It's now time for me to leave." I tell her and she pouts, I walk out of her room and towards downstairs with Bri following behind. I walk into the kitchen to tell Keran bye.
"Thanks for having me" I say thanking her. "You're welcome honey" she says giving me a tight hug.

"I'll take you home" I hear a voice say taking us out of our conversation. I went pale when I see Brent at the doorway of the kitchen leaning against the wall.

"No you're not" Bri says feistily.
"Your tone missy" Keran scolds her.
"Sorry" she mumbles.
"May I ask why you want to carry her home?" Keran asks arching her eyebrows. I just stand there speechless and shocked at the same time.

"Well I don't have to explain to you and besides you have to go grocery shopping now" he says sounding like he's stating the facts.
"Oh shoot I forgot and the supermarket is in the opposite direction of Phoebes house, he does have a point and we are late they are closing soon" Keran says exhaling.

"Mommm" Bri drags her name.
"What about B she has something to say right?" Bri asks me arching her eyebrow.
"Ok then. Phoebe what do you say?" Karen asks,everyone's eyes are on me making me even more anxious.

My palms are becoming sweaty and my breathing starts to become very uneven.
"Wel-I-ahh-....." I stutter not knowing what to say.
"See she agrees now come on" Keran says picking up her phone along with her purse from the kitchen counter.
"No she didn't" Bri argues folding her arms.

"Brith Tiffany Plamer lets go. Nice meeting you again Phoebe" she says and I nod.

"Likewise" I tell her and watch them walk away.
"Sorry" Bri mouths and I nod.
I'm speechless when Keran asked me what I thought. I know it was dumb and now I'm stuck with Mr.Rude boy. I exhale a sharp breath.
"Let's go" He say and I nod.

As I walk through the hallway I text my dad and told him that I will be there soon and he replied saying that I should take my time which is kinda like him to say.
We went through the door and into his car.

His scent fills the entire car making it even more harder to get away from him. During half of the drive we remain silent and awkward. It's killing me.....trust me. I watch as he tap his finger on the steering wheel and a frown comes up on his beautiful face.

He clears his throat and I swear my heart literally jump to my throat. He pulls over to the side of the road and I shift uncomfortably.
"I need to talk to you" he says and I already dreaded it. Whenever we talk we end up quarreling or kissing our anger away.

"Last night...."
"..was a mistake" I finish his statement for him.
"Yeah I guess so. But I think I want  my f-friend back" he says and it kinda stung when he agreed that the kiss was a mistake even though I said it was also.

"You can't keep turning away from me Phoebe. Look; I know I'm not the best person or friend in the world. But when I say I'm deeply deeply truly regretful I mean it. My behavior towards you I regret it....that dreadful day and the things I said and did when we weren't talking.
But I promise to be better this time and careless of what people think of me.....with you. You're an ok person and a naïve one to have befriended me" he says and it got me in tears.

I never knew he would've said that and I can't keep avoiding him any longer I miss him.
"Brent. Do you promise never to do it again?" I ask sniffing.
"I'm not one for promises but I'll try?" He says shrugging.

This is the first time I have ever seen him like this.....open about his thoughts or is he like this with everyone? I can't help but think of the possibilities.
"Ok" I reply and engulf him into a hug. He returns the hug genuinely which shook me.

We remained like that for a few seconds until he unwrap my waist.
"Ok,ok enough" I say laughing nervously. He smirks straightening himself.
"Under one condition though" I say and he scrunches his face.
"What's that?" He asks mischievously.

"No more kissing because it was what lead up here and I'm not naïve to choose you." I tell him while he looks at me bewilderingly.
"I can't promise you that" he says in a wickedly serious tone making me even more nervous.

"Why not?" I ask smacking his arms playfully.
"Because you're irresistible" he says with a serious expression. He leans over to where I am sitting while I stood my grounds as my mouth is slightly parted to receive his kiss.

The moment our lips were an inch away a knock on the window scares the hell out of us. Brent looks over to where I am and so did I.
"Shit" Brent curse. He rolls down the window and an officer greets us.
"Hey there kids I'm gonna ask for you to be on your way and clear the roadside " he says politely.

"Ok officer thank you" I say and Brent nods. I laugh while he chuckles on and off all the way to my house.
"Well call me tonight Red Head" he says and I nod and gave him a hug before exiting the car. "What's with you and hugs?" He asks me arching his eyebrow.

"Nothing do you have something against them?" I ask and he nods. "Yeah they are.....weird" he shrugs and I giggle walking away from the car.
I walk up to my porch and push the door and went in and closed the door after me grinning.
I got my friend back.

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

290K 5.8K 48
COMPLETED MADDY HAYES has never been the type of girl who listens to what other people have to say. She's mean, confident, and very, very intimidatin...
4.6K 910 74
Madison is a reserved girl with a comfortable yet uneventful life back home. She has good grades, a loving sister, and a father who's intent on her l...
349K 8K 28
"Why do you care if I kiss other girls? We're not together, we're friends" he stated swallowing his emotions. "You're right, why should I care? Like...
478K 16.2K 48
[COMPLETED] Alexis was your typical everyday good girl with excellent grades, a single best friend, an annoying elder brother and a family that loved...