Too Good to Be True

By Chossid

This is a KOTLC fanfic. It is my first fanfic, so don't blame me if it sucks. This is an AU. It happens in a... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 3
Chapter 4

Chapter 2

117 1 1
By Chossid

Recap:

Sophie rolled her eyes. "Bye!", she said, as she walked into the class and then slid into a seat in the back.

She focused on the teacher and then heard a crisp, accented voice.

"Is this seat taken?"

Sophie looked up to see two beautiful teal orbs and perfectly styled brown hair. Her mouthed dropped open, before she quickly closed it and blushed. He laughed and Sophie found herself staring again, though this time she managed to close her mouth.

"So... is it open?"

"Yeah, sure", she mumbled flustered.

He slid into the chair and then said, "By the way, my name is Fitz. Fitz Vacker."

Her mouth dropped open again, but this time she made no move to hide it. "As in the senator's son?"

"Uh, yeah. That's my dad." He grinned and scratched the back of his neck.

"Oh my g-d", she said, the facepalmed, "I didn't say that out loud did I?" She looked up hopefully.

He laughed again. And she just wanted to hear it again, and again, and - why was she thinking like that? She had just met him for crying out loud. 

"Nope, sorry."

"Foster! How dare you ditch me? Did you forget I accompanied you because I have this class?" 

She groaned. "Nice to see you too, Keefe."

"Looks like you already met Fitzipoo."

She snorted, as Fitz's features contorted.

"I told you not to call me that. Ever." He said menacingly.

"What'cha gonna do about it, Fitzipoo?" Keefe said back, smirking.

Just as Fitz opened her mouth, Sophie interrupted, "As much as I would love to know how Fitz is going to get back at Keefe for calling him Fitzipoo"-her voice dripping with sarcasm-"I would like to not fail. So, both of you,"-she smiled sweetly-"shut up."

"Geez louise, woman." That was Keefe.

"What did I just say?"

"My lips are sealed."

"They better be."

She turned her attention to the front of the classroom, where their teacher, Mr. Forkle, was  talking about something that seemed extremely boring. She wouldn't know though, she wasn't listening. With her photographic memory, it was kind of easy to remember everything. 

"And now you may pair up."

"Oh, shoot. Why are we pairing up?", she said turning to face Fitz and Keefe.

"You made us shut up so that you could listen and you didn't even listen?" Keefe said with a raised eyebrow.

"Well, firstly it was way too boring. Secondly, I have photographic memory, that doesn't work on people speaking."

"High five!" 

Sophie looked confusedly at Keefe. "What? Why?"

"Oh, right, you don't know. I have photographic memory too."

"Cool. Now, back to the topic at hand. Why are we pairing up?"

Fitz jumped in here. "To do the expirement."

Sophie paled. "Oh no, no, no, no."

"What's wrong?"

"You don't want  to know. Or be partners with me." She added as an afterthought.

"Sure we do. Right, Fitz?" Keefe said with a pointed look.

"No, you don't. I'm gonna go find myself a partner. Bye."

Sophie wandered off a bit, before settling her eyes on a girl.

"Hi. My name is Sophie. I'm new. I was wondering if you wanted to be partners with me."

"Sure. I'm Marella." She held out her hand and Sophie shook it.

"Let's get started, shall we?"

***

"Keefe I forbid you from making more fun of even more than you have already." Sophie glared at him.

"Yeah, not a chance." He said.

Sophie and  Keefe were walking to the nurse's office, because of an angry welt on Sophie's wrist. Which was because of her chemistry skills. She had made the substances explode. Now, the entire classroom was covered in purple goop. Luckily, she was the only one to get some on her skin. 

"Well, it's better than what I did in my old school."

Keefe stopped in his tracks. "What did you do?"

"Like I would tell you."

It just so happened, that Sophie had blown up the chemistry lab in her old school. Completely totally ruined it. They had to have chemistry for a month in the other lab because of it. Ms. Galvin had automatically started hating her as soon as that had happened. Luckily, they had arrived at the nurse's office, so Sophie was saved from telling Keefe what had happened. 

"Hi! I'm Elwin, the school nurse. How can I help you?"

Sophie was greeted by a wild haired man, with glasses, and... purple dinosaur covered scrubs?

"I, um, burnt myself."

"Nothing I can't fix."

10 minutes later, Sophie turned around to go back to class with Keefe, but he wasn't there. He proabably didn't care about her. For some reason, Sophie felt kind of hurt, but she shrugged it off. It didn't matter. He was a popular guy who had cared about her for an hour and didn't care anymore.

She opened the door and..."You didn't think I'd forgotten about you, did you, Foster?"

"NO! Though it's not like I care if you did."

He put a hand to his head. "You've wounded me Foster."

"You're worse than a drama queen."

"I try." He smirked and winked.

***

Finally, lunch. She started toward the cafeteria with her stomach making inhumane noises. Who knew someone could be so hungry? Though she was anxious to play some football. That's what they always did at lunch in her old school at least. She hoped they did that here too. Football always helped her feel better. 

She walked into the cafeteria and saw Fitz and Keefe sitting at a table with a brown haired girl. She was obviously Fitz's sister. There was also a boy and a girl. Each of them had black hair tipped with silver. The boy looked emo, but the girl looked nice enough. 

"Foster! You coming?" Keefe called.

She didn't know whether to find Dex or just to go to the table, but she was hungry, so she just sat down at their table.

"Hi. My name is Linh. And this is my brother Tam."

"Hey." That was  the black haired boy.

"Hi. I'm Sophie Foster."

"My name is Biana." And that was Fitz's sister. 

"Nice to meet you all."

"Okay, so Foster, I was telling them about the great Foster explosion, in chemistry."

Sophie groaned. "It does not need a name Keefe."

"Well now it has one."

Sophie started eating. She was too hungry to listen to Keefe making fun of her.

"Okay, well we are going now. Going to play some football or at least pass the ball around."

Sophie perked up. "Can I come?"

Keefe and Fitz looked at each other. "You sure?" Keefe said.

"Ya."

"Okay then."

They headed outside and started passing a football around. Sophie caught every one they threw her with one hand. And threw them back in a perfect spiral. 

"Are we playing a game or not?" Sophie asked with an eyebrow raised.

"You're sure?"

"Yeah, why wouldn't I be?..." then it hit her, "I get it. You guys think because I'm a girl I can't play?"

"No... well..."

"Try me."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

110M 3.4M 115
The Bad Boy and The Tomboy is now published as a Wattpad Book! As a Wattpad reader, you can access both the Original Edition and Books Edition upon p...