All's Fair in Love and War |A...

By Red__Ruby

The Four Nations were at war with each other. Earth Kingdom, Fire Nation, Water Tribe, and Air Nomads. Or rat... More

The Avatar's Come Back
The Avatar's Come Back {2}
The South Wind Sanctuary
The South Wind Sanctuary {2}
Kyoshi's Soldiers
Kyoshi's Soldiers {2}
Kyoshi's Soldiers {3}
The Male Monarch of Omashu
The Male Monarch of Omashu {2}
Jailed
Jailed {2}
Jailed {3}
Jailed {4}
Snow Pinnacle: The Ghost Planet
Snow Pinnacle: The Ghost Planet {2}
Snow Pinnacle: The Ghost Planet {3}
Snow Pinnacle: The Ghost Planet {4}
Snow Pinnacle: The Ghost Planet {5}
The Liquidbreaking Paper
The Liquidbreaking Paper {2}
The Liquidbreaking Paper {3}
Airplane
Airplane {2}
Airplane {3}
Airplane {4}
The Amazing Split
The Amazing Split {2}
The Thunderstorm
The Thunderstorm {2}
The Azure Ghost
The Azure Ghost {2}
The Destiny Narrator
The Destiny Narrator {2}
Bato of the Liquid Clan
Bato of the Liquid Clan {2}
The Runaway
The Runaway {2}
Agni Kai
The Runaway {3}
The Northern Wind Sanctuary

The Man Encased in the Floating Mass of Ice

20.6K 523 639
By Red__Ruby

You, Sokka, and Katara were out fishing for the day. With all three of you sitting in a small boat, Sokka was trying to skewer an unsuspecting fish.

"It's not getting away from me this time," Sokka said, "Watch and learn, Katara, Y/n. This is how you catch a fish." Uninterested, you turned your head away to look at Katara. She removed her mitten and bent the water in front of her. A bubble of water floated into the air, carrying a fish.

"Sokka, look!" Katara exclaimed.

"Shh, Katara. You're gonna scare him away," he said.
You deadpanned at him. "Mmm... I can already smell it cooking."

"But Sokka, I caught one," Katara said, moving her body. The ball of water floated upwards. Sokka pulled his spear back, popping the bubble and releasing the fish. The water showered over Sokka's head.

"Hey!"
"AHH!"
The two of them exclaimed. You sighed and shook your head lightly.

"Why is it that every time you play with magic water, I get soaked?" Sokka asked.

"It's cause you're a bitch," you spoke up. He glared at you. Katara sighed, already annoyed by him.

"It's not magic. It's waterbending. And it's-"

"Yeah, yeah, an ancient art unique to our culture, blah blah blah..."
You quirked a brow at him.

"Look, I'm just saying that that if I had weird powers I'd keep my weirdness to myself."

"You're calling me weird? I'm not the one who makes muscles at myself every time I see my reflection in the water."

'Where did I pull the short stick to end up with these two annoying shits?' You thought, crossing your arms. Sokka, who was indeed making muscles at himself, turned to look at her. The boat was suddenly caught in a... I don't know what it's called, some sort of intense, water-park themed ride. Sokka was trying to dodge the ice and steer at the same time.

'... guess I'll help.' You thought, standing up. With slow, fluid movements, the water around you calmed, and guided you all safely. Your eyes then landed on Sokka who was doing something stupid again. Twitching, your last movement was harsher. The water around you slammed the boat onto a thick sheet of ice, sending the two of them sliding over it.

"What the heck was that for?!" Sokka screeched at you.

"You were annoying me. Get over it."

"Ugh! I knew I should've left you two home," he said down on the ice. "Leave it to a girl to screw things up."

'Oh, you just sealed your coffin, buddy.'
You walked up to him, and quite literally lifting him by his collar.

"First of all, buddy boy, it was you who didn't pay attention to Katara, it was you who popped her waterbending bubble, it was you who led us directly down that rushing stream, and it was you who annoyed me to the point where I crashed the boat."
As you were listing off the reasons why Sokka was a fuckass, the water around you bobbed slightly. Katara, who was standing, had to sit down.

"Uh, Y/n?" She called while you were still talking. When you got done with your sentence, the force of the water cracked a large iceberg behind you all.

"Ever since your mother died, it's been Katara and I doing all the work around camp-"

"Y/n...?" Katara called.

"-while you've been off playing solider. She even washes all the clothes! Have you ever smelt your dirty socks?"
The iceberg cracked even more so.

"Y/n, you might want to calm down a little," Katara said.

"So if us girls screw it up so much, then we're done helping you. From here on out, you're on your own."
The iceberg split down the middle, crashing into the water. The force sent all three of you flying away. You quickly dropped Sokka and calmed the water around you. The ice sheet you were on was steady, while the water around you raged on. When everything settled, Katara and Sokka were on their stomachs.

"Way to go, Y/n," Sokka said.

"I will stomp your head in."
From down below you, a bright blue light shined, slowly coming to the surface. You back up further when the giant ball of ice emerged from underneath, glowing. Inside of the iceberg was the silhouette of a person and a large beast. The person had glowing arrows on their arms, fists, and head.
His eyes opened, also glowing white. The two of them exclaimed in surprise while you just tilted your head.

"He's alive... we have to help!" Katara said, removing a club from Sokka's back.

"Katara! Get back here! We don't know what that thing is!" Sokka ran after her, picking up the spear he dropped. You sighed and calmly walked after them. When you hopped over to them, Katara was already beating the iceberg. When it cracked through, pent up air was released. It blew them back into you. You caught them and held firm. The iceberg cracked up the middle before exploding, sending a bright beam of energy into the sky. You looked up at it, mouth opening slightly.

'Is that...'
The beam died down, but the glow was still there. You uncovered the siblings and looked up at it. The boy from inside stood, eyes and tattoo markings glowing. Sokka pointed his spear at him.

"Stop!" He ordered. The glow died down as well, and the boy fell forward. You moved before both of them and caught him before he could hurt himself. Sokka took the blunt end of the spear and poked him in the head with it a few times. You looked up at him, deadpanning.

"... WOULD YOU STOP?!?!"
He jumped away at your sudden yell. You laid the boy down and backed your head away slightly. With a quiet groan, his eyes slowly opened. They seemed to widen looking up at you.

"I need to ask you something..." He said quietly. You raised your brows.

"What is it?" You asked.

"Please, come closer."
You slowly put your head closer to his.

"Yes?" You urged.

"... will you go penguin-sailing with me?"
You blinked.

"Yeah, sure..." You backed away from him. He maneuvered himself up to his feet. Sokka jumped away at the sudden movement. You looked at him with raised brows.

'An airbender?' You thought.

"What's going on here?" The boy asked, looking around.

"You tell us! How did you get in the ice?! And why aren't you frozen?" Sokka pointed him with the sharp side of the spear. The boy just pushed it away.

"I'm not sure," he replied. There was growling from above you. The boy scrambled back up the ice. You followed him with your eyes. You walked around the shattered iceberg to the otherside. The siblings followed you. When you got there, the boy woke up a flying bison, who was also frozen with him. Sokka, once again, screeched.

"What is that thing?" Sokka asked, slowly inching forward.

"This is Appa, my flying bison," he replied.

"Right. And this is Katara, my flying sister."
Appa let out a light snort before grimacing. Quickly, you pulled Katara away from Sokka. Appa sneezed. A gallon of snot flew from his nose and coated Sokka. You slapped a hand over your mouth to keep from laughing at seeing Sokka roll around in the snow in disgust.

"Don't worry, It'll wash out," the boy said, "So, do you guys live around here?"

"Don't answer that." Sokka pointed his spear at the young child. "Did you see that crazy bolt of light? He was probably trying to signal the fire navy." You placed a hand on his shoulder.

"Sokka, love you buddy, but that's not how that works." You stepped in front of him. "But I mean, he could totally be a spy for the Fire Nation... I mean, look at that evil glint in his eyes!" The boy just smiled.

"The paranoid one is my brother, Sokka," Katara introduced, "And this is Y/n. A friend of ours." You waved.

"Sup."

"You never told us your name," Katara said.

"I'm Aa--ah, ah, ah!"
You quickly walked away from them. He sneezed, flew up into the air with a blast of wind, and slid right back down in front of you.

"I'm Aang." He sniffed.

"You just sneezed and flew ten feet in the air," Sokka said, pointing upwards.

"Really? It felt higher than that."

"He's an airbender, you dunderhead," you said, coming up behind Sokka.

"Sure am," Aang confirmed.

"Giant light beams, flying bison, airbenders--I think I got midnight sun madness. I'm going home to where stuff makes sense." Sokka began to walk away from you three. He then stopped and realized you were in the middle of an ocean.

"Finally click?" You asked.

"SHUT UP Y/N!"

"Well, if you guys are stuck, Appa and I could give you a lift." Aang jumped and spun himself up onto Appa.

"We'd love a ride. Thanks," Katara said. She ran past you to get on Appa.

"Oh, no! I am not getting on that fluffy snot monster."
You made your way onto Appa's back and turned to Sokka. You waved your arms over your head. The water behind him scooped him up, much to his displeasure, and sat him right next to you.

"I hate you so much..." He pouted and crossed his arms.

"Glad the feeling's mutual," you replied.

"Okay. First time flyers, hold on tight," Aang instructed from the front. "Appa, yip yip!" Appa whapped his tail and jumped into the air... only to come back down and swim through the water.

"Not what I was expecting, but I'll take it," you said.

"Woooow... that was truly amazing," Sokka said.

"I will throw you over this bison," you warned. He just looked away from you.

"Appa's just tired. A little rest and he'll be soaring through the sky. You'll see," Aang said. You looked over at Aang who was looking at you, smiling. You quirked a brow.

"Why are you smiling at me like that?" You asked.

"Oh, I was smiling?"

'Oh dear...'

~
You four cruised on well into the night. Aang fell asleep through the ride, even when you arrived back at the village. You lived in a separate tent from all of them, so you were alone. You slept well into the morning, in the cold and dark. You kinda forgot that you found Aang, and thought it was a dream. However, your sleep was interrupted by the sound of a distant flare. One that was all too familiar. You bolted awake, not fully oriented, and looked outside. A flare, off in the distance, was rising high into the sky.

'... great.'

Ja ne!

{Ruby Red}

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21.1K 769 20
แตƒ แถปแต˜แตแต’ หฃ สณแต‰แตƒแตˆแต‰สณ - ๐‚๐จ๐ฆ๐ฉ๐ฅ๐ž๐ญ๐ž๐ - "๐™บ๐šŽ๐šŽ๐š™ ๐š’๐š ๐šŠ ๐šœ๐šŽ๐šŒ๐š›๐šŽ๐š..๐š™๐š•๐šŽ๐šŠ๐šœ๐šŽ?" ๐™ธ ๐š•๐š˜๐š˜๐š”๐šŽ๐š ๐šŠ๐š ๐™ธ๐š›๐š˜๐š‘ ๐šœ๐šŒ๐šŠ๐š›๐šŽ๐š. โžช A story about a y...
82.7K 1.3K 41
| zuko {a:tla} 1 water & fire don't usually mix but maybe this time it does - in which the daughter of a water tribe general is taken by the prince...
137K 3.7K 37
Kya is now taken captive to the Fire Nation and faced with choosing herself over her beliefs. Siding with Azula for a better chance at survival Kya s...