All The More Reason ✔

By Junedsilver

[Twice Featured Noteworthy Novel & Staff Pick on Tapas.io] ✔ [Previously featured on Tapas.io's LGBTQ+ Commu... More

Disclaimer & Copyrights
Part 1 - All The More Memories
Chapter 1 - Family
Chapter 2 - Best Friends
Chapter 3 - The Girl
Chapter 4 - The Boy
Chapter 5 - Silence
Part 2 - All The More Changes
Chapter 6 - Don't leave
Chapter 7 - Burning Holes
Chapter 8 - Bend or Break
Chapter 9 - Rejecting
Chapter 10 - Comforting
Part 3 - All The More Revealing
Chapter 11 - Memory
Chapter 12 - Panic
Chapter 13 - Grounded
Chapter 14 - Trypophobia
Chapter 15 - Faded
Part 4 - All The More Complicated
Chapter 16 - Spill
Chapter 18 - Disappointed
Chapter 19 - Disconnected
Chapter 20 - Jealousy
Part 5 - All The More Confusing
Chapter 21 - Visitor
Chapter 22 - Ignorance [Mature]
Chapter 23 - Shut Up
Chapter 24 - No matter what
Chapter 25 - Cornered
Part 6 - All The More Conflicted
Chapter 26 - Game on
Chapter 27 - Approval
Chapter 28 - Left Out
Chapter 29 - Always will
Chapter 30 - Flirtatious
Chapter 30.5 - His burden [Extra content]
Part 7 - All The More Involved
Chapter 31 - Big Bro
Chapter 32 - Teasing
Chapter 33 - Intimate [Mature]
Chapter 34 - Turning Down
Chapter 35 - Humiliating
Part 8 - All The More Troubled
Chapter 36 - Lonely
Chapter 37 - Friendship
Chapter 38 - Familiar
Chapter 39 - Grieving
Chapter 40 - Listen
Part 9 - All The More Reason
Chapter 41 - Trust
Chapter 42 - Admitting
Chapter 43 - Two to tango
Chapter 44 - Let's take it slow
Chapter 45 - Home
Chapter 46 - Boyfriend
Epilogue - Always There

Chapter 17 - Gift

444 55 10
By Junedsilver

Sunday

For the rest of the week, things had actually not been too bad around the house. Tessa and Senn hadn't talked much after she told him that his parents probably knew him better than he thought, but Senn had no idea what it exactly meant.

At least it had helped decrease tension between them, since Senn admitted that he hated having dinner with all of them because they looked like some perfect little family and he didn't feel like he fitted in because he was so angry all the time.

Tessa went as far as eating dinner with him alone; after Killian, Jessica and Dean were finished.

Senn felt relieved he had spilled some of his worries and frustrations, since it had created mutual understanding between the two of them. He had actually expected her to be pissed because he wasn't willing to play pretend with them. He had actually felt as if Tessa would feel insulted or hurt over him pushing her away, telling her he didn't want her to take his mother's place.

None of that happened, and Tessa hadn't even gotten mad when he gave up on school on Friday yet again, unable to focus any longer. She had sat him down in the living room, gave him a fruit juice and cookies and later asked him to help her fold laundry.

All was... okay.

At least, that was until he came home from hanging out at Avan's place on Sunday. He dumped his bike at the back of the garage, after noticing a car on the driveway that he hadn't seen before. It wasn't too big, but it looked brand new.

Was there some sort of social worker visiting them, perhaps because Senn wasn't attending school enough? But they wouldn't visit on Sunday, would they?

He nervously entered the house through the back, walking into the kitchen while his eyes searched the room.

"Tessa?" Senn called out, walking into the living room, where he found her on the couch with a book and a cup of tea. Nothing seemed as if he was in trouble, which made sense since it was in fact still Sunday and nobody would bother them on Sunday, unless it'd be cops, right?

"Hey Senn," Tessa replied, smiling while putting the book aside. "Had fun with your friends?"

"Uh, yeah," Senn nodded, looking out of the window with a frown. Not that it was any of his business, but he was curious about the sudden car. Most of Jessica's friends parked out on the street, and Killian wasn't even home from work yet.

"Senn?" Dean's voice sounded behind him, causing him to jump. "Tessa and I have been talking about this ever since you started school again," Dean placed an arm around his shoulder, and dragged him back outside; through the front door and towards the car, followed by Tessa.

"What?"

"We figured now that you're going out again, you know, school, friends, maybe sports once you're allowed and capable..."

"Don't tell me you bought me a car."

"Your old one got crashed..." Dean smiled widely, and Senn actually felt guilty for wanting to snap at him when Dean handed him the key to the car; more or less pushing it into his hand without knowing that Senn didn't want that key. "This will give you some more freedom."

Senn stared back and forth between the car and the key for a good minute. While a part of him was feeling excited since he didn't even remember getting a car from his parents that he eventually crashed two months later during the car crash that changed his entire life, a bigger part of him could not ignore that last part; he was the one who had been driving. He had only been driving for two months when it happened.

He could not remember what happened

And having people tell him it really wasn't his fault because some drunk idiot decided on driving on the wrong side of the road, evidently missing a red light and slamming into them wasn't enough to not feel guilty.

And he might have forgotten a lot about the months before the accident and the first weeks after the accident, one thing he hadn't forgotten was the fact that he swore he was never going to drive, ever again.

He curled his fingers around the key in anger, since he was pretty sure he had informed Tessa, Dean, Killian, doctors, psychologists, psychiatrist and really anyone who started about him getting back in a car that he wasn't ever going to, ever again.

He threw the key back at Dean, who had walked toward the car to proudly look at it from up closer, turned around and ducked under Tessa who stretched out her arms with a worried look. "Fuck you! I'm not driving a car, ever! You know I don't!" He yelled at them as he stormed back into the house, up the stairs and into the room with his stuff, using a few boxes to barricade the door to prevent them from coming after him.

As soon as he dropped flat on his bed, he felt guilty for snapping at them while they had good intentions. A car did offer him more freedom and it would mean he'd get to sleep an extra 15 minutes each morning. He could go wherever he wanted, whenever he wanted.

He knew they meant well, and they were just trying to cheer him up even more. But he could only focus on the negative side of things, and he felt like shit because Tessa and Dean seemed to be in his line of fire a lot.

He knew, from the moment he started actually remembering the things they told him about the accident when he was still in hospital, he had repeatedly yelled at them to fuck off, leave him alone. He had even blamed them for him still being alive, asking them why they didn't just pull the plug and let him die in peace. He knew, because he wrote those outbursts down because his psychologist told him to write down everything that was bothering him, and all the things he was overcoming every day.

He also knew Tessa and Dean did the right thing.

And he had never told them he didn't blame them for keeping him alive any longer. He never told them he was actually thankful they took him and Killian in and changed their own lives to accommodate them and their needs.

When he flipped open the diary at a random page, he found a bright green sticky note under one entry; because you still have fears to overcome.

Senn frowned at the sticky note, and read the short entry, trying to understand what the sticky note was about exactly. The entry held a memory if his time in hospital, where he wrote down how much he hated needles, but how he still had remained calm when they came to take some blood for tests.

And he just knew, the handwriting was Elio's. And while he turned back a few pages, he discovered a few more notes, all with reasons.

They were small, and on their own insignificant, not making any sense. But looking at the bigger picture, they made him smile a teary smile.

Elio was giving him reasons to continue.

* * * Chapter 18 is available on Patreon now! If you wish to read on already, go over to my Patreon and pledge a minimum of 1,- to get access to early chapters + bonus chapters to this story and much more! * * *

* * * If you're still here with me, at chapter 17, and you haven't voted yet, press that star and show me the love! Also; comments make me smile =D * * *

Love, June

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4K 285 32
Eli Ruewen is used to moving around, but being part of the backdrop becomes difficult when he starts catching Juno August's unwanted attention. ...
35.3K 1.3K 29
This story is a simple but special love story. This story is about Ohm and Nanon, they're friends since Childhood...but suddenly one of them find out...
897K 45.7K 21
Marc is struggling to find his way after his wife left him and their daughter, Ariel. He has no idea how to raise a child alone, and starts to rely o...
49.9K 1.2K 49
"I'm like old enough to be your mum." I say to Jakob not even bothering to hide away how amusing I am finding the idea. "You're only ten months olde...