Betrothed

By seayceeforlife

Sean and Kaycee are married. Forcefully. They live under the same roof as strangers. Strangers who sleep in... More

Author's note✊
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Not an update °-°
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32

Chapter 7

1.3K 93 92
By seayceeforlife

When he woke up that day, Sean concluded that his phone's ringtone was his least favourite sound in the world.

Groping around blindly to find his phone, he groaned as his neck seemed to have cramped. Finally he found his phone and picked up the call without reading the name.

"Hello?"

"Sean, where are you? Why are you late?" Audrey's voice woke him up instantly. Immediately he looked at the time and freaked out silently.

"Uhhh... I overslept and I'm stuck in traffic."

"That was the most pathetic excuse I've ever heard. I know you don't sleep. But now just hurry up. You know Cliff doesn't like to wait."

"Shit!" He completely forgot about his meeting at 10 am. "Tell him to wait ten more minutes. I'll be there." Sean hung up and threw his phone away.

Jumping out of the couch, he ran upstairs at top speed, accidentally waking up Kaycee.

"Wut ith te tyme?"

On not hearing an answer to her non-deciperable question, she went straight back to sleep. Within 3 minutes, Sean flew downstairs, metaphorically of course, took his wallet, keys, coat and stood in the doorway, looking around to see if he forgot anything.

When his eyes reached the couch, he rolled his eyes.

His phone, of course.

Shaking his head at his stupidity, he quickly took his phone from the couch and in the process accidentally looked at Kaycee. She was sprawled all over the couch, her hair everywhere and that's when he noticed it.

Her hair was curly.

So she straightens it every morning, Sean concluded.

Why though? Her natural hair looked beautiful too.

Last night, Kaycee had fallen asleep after fifteen episodes. He realized it only when she suddenly rested her head on his shoulder. As much as he felt butterflies in his stomach, he didn't want her to feel uncomfortable. Being a gentleman, he removed the earbuds from her ears and scooted her over to the other side of the couch. After covering her with blankets, he watched the rest of the episodes himself and when looked over at Kaycee he saw her snuggled amongst the blankets, a contentment on her face.

The flashbacks made him smile a little.

Then he realized he was fucking late.

When Sean slammed the door shut, Kaycee woke up with a jerk.

"Who's there? Who's there? Don't rob my house."

On opening her eyes fully she realized that she was talking to the thin air.

She muttered to herself, shaking her head at her stupidity.

After stretching a bit of her sore body, the last night's events came rushing down on her. Sean telling her his childhood, then watching Friends, then falling asleep and waking up in the early hours of the morning.

A smile crept up her face unknowingly at that.

When she had woken up at around 6 am, she saw Sean had fallen asleep and his head was hanging by the side on the opposite end of the couch, his mouth open. Her laptop was on his stomach and episode 1 of season 2 seemed to be playing on it.

So she got up, detached the laptop and earbuds from his body and dragged his arms back to his body and put them on his stomach.

While doing so, Kaycee noticed Sean's ring finger. He was still wearing the wedding ring, similar to hers, given on the the day of their marriage.

They didn't have a normal wedding. Just a written one. Both of them had just signed the official papers and that was it.

She was convinced that he had probably thrown away the ring the moment they went back to their houses. But seeing her and Sean's hands side by side both of them wearing their rings, made her heart skip a beat. Deep down, Kaycee knew that Sean could be a very loving and loyal husband if he wanted to, observing the way he cared for Audrey.

But then again, Kaycee thought bitterly, we were forced to marry.

So no love there for you.

She knew there was no more possibility in her life to find love. But as of now, she was satisfied having a friend to talk with, other than Kylie. If he was even a friend.

She had gone back to her spot on the couch, not wanting to walk all the way upstairs. She pulled the covers over her and drifted off to sleep.

-

"Hey Ky!"

"Did you go out and explore?"

Kaycee sighed. Shaking her head at her sister's lack of trust in her, she frowned at her. "Of course I did. What do you think I am? A slob?"

"Uhh.... yeah." Kylie answered her in an obvious tone.

"Okay maybe I am, a little bit." Kaycee agreed. "But I did go out to the bar and the theatre here and gosh, Kylie they were so beautiful. You and Brent should definitely visit Iceland, I'm telling you. Also did you know that parents here have a weird habit of leaving their children outside stores while they shop when it's literally below freezing temperature."

"Really?" Kylie was smiling now. She hadn't seen her sister so excited in a long time.

"Yeah, almost got a heart attack when I went outside with Hannah to help her bring some necessities and saw a baby sleeping outside in his crib at -5°C, all alone. But Hannah told me that it was normal here. Parents leave their children outside to take a nap while they shop. Have you ever heard of something like that?"

"No, never. That's crazy."

"I know right. This place is different but in a beautiful way."

"Do you like it there?"

"Kinda, yeah. I could get used to it."

Kylie didn't say anything. But Kaycee could sense that she was smiling. So Kaycee smiled too. Then she realized Kylie couldn't see her so she said, "I wish I could meet you, Ky."

"As soon as your little vacation is over, I'll come to meet you and you can introduce me to your cute husband."

"Only Officially." Kaycee intervened.

"Only officially." Kylie agreed. "How many days are left?"

"Umm... I think like 12 days or so."

"Okay, little munch, enjoy yourself these last couple of days alright?"

"Stop calling me that! I'm almost twenty four now."

"I'll see you soon," Kylie paused for a while and then said, "LITTLE MUNCH!"

"Unacceptable!" Kaycee yelled at her sister who hung up immediately. "Prick."

How was she married when she's still a freaking child like that.

Well, she has nothing better to do now anyways, so might as well search up for more places to visit here.

A little bit of research and several videos later,

"Hmm... 'The Blue Lagoon'.... sounds interesting."

Today, the lagoon is world-famous and by far the most impressive spa resort in Iceland, featuring several restaurants, cafés, in-water bar, hotel, a gift shop as well as private facilities, a relaxing area and massage facilities.

The Blue Lagoon is on the Reykjanes peninsula, only a 20-minute drive from Keflavík International Airport and a 30-minute drive from Reykjavík and it comes with the highest price tag of all the bathing options in Iceland, so make sure to book it well in advance.

Did Kaycee read through all of that?

Nope. Because her brain stopped working after several restaurants, cafés, in-water bar, hotel, a gift shop as well.

And it was only a 30 minutes drive from Reykjavik.

God really wanted her to go here, she could tell.

_

Kaycee was munching happily on the smothered pork chops Hannah had made for her, when she heard the front door open. Straining her neck a bit, she quietly observed Sean as he took off his shoes and put it in the shoe rack. Then he took off his coat and hung it on the hanger.

Kaycee rolled her eyes. Of course, he does that.

Then, to her utter surprise, Sean started walking towards the kitchen. Quick as lightening, she sat back at her seat and pretended to see something on her phone.

"Hey!"

Kaycee almost dropped her phone in surprise. Did he just speak to her? GREET her? Willingly?

"Who are you? Where is Sean?"

Sean turned around and gave her a funny look. "Hello, I'm Sean. Nice to meet you."

Kaycee just stared at him in response. Sean shrugged and turned back on his journey towards the refrigerator.

Kaycee didn't initiate a converstaion with him.  Partially because she didn't want to but mostly because she was scared he had hit his head somewhere and now was suffering from 'accidental politeness syndrome'.

He seemed to making something.

"There's some smothered pork chops Hannah made, if you want them."

Sean stopped in his process of selecting the perfect knife and turned towards Kaycee. Then, his eyes landed on the big container near her. He sighed in relief.

"Thank God! I'm starving."

Quickly taking a plate from the cupboards, Sean sat down as Kaycee forwarded the container towards him. She sat there, silently munching on her food, as she observed him take the food onto his plate and start savouring it.

"Can I ask you something?" Sean said in between bites.

Kaycee, once again taken aback that he talking to her, could only nod. Usually she's the one initiating conversation.

"Why are you holding your phone upside down?"

Kaycee jerked her head towards her hand and saw her wallpaper of a cute dog was staring at her upside down. Immediately she turned the phone to its upright position again and muttered something like, "Accidents..... happen."

Sean, thankfully, did not question her way of holding her phone and they didn't talk for a while. Kaycee had almost finished her food when Sean's phone rang.

"Hey babe." Sean said, not looking up from his food.

Oh here we go again, Kaycee thought as she picked up her plate and walked to the kitchen sink. She put her plate there,  washed her hands and wiped them.

"Yeah.... I did."

"No, no, don't worry. I swear everything is ready."

"I won't cancel this time, alright. We're going to Blue lagoon and that's final."

Kaycee froze in the middle of picking her phone up and listened more attentively. Sean, however, did not notice her sudden stillness.

"What?! No I didn't. Trust me, alright. Okay, fine, whatever."

He hung up the call but Kaycee was still frozen in her place. This time though, Sean did notice.

"Are you playing statue-statue?"

"What?! N-No. I was just-," Kaycee snapped out of her buzzing brain and finally formulated a question, "Did you just say you were going to Blue Lagoon?"

"Uhh... I was gonna tell you that. Audrey is really adamant to go there for some reason, said we really need this break or something....."

But Kaycee wasn't listening. "I booked my ticket there just today."

".... I mean if she was-"

Silence.

"What?"

"Yeah, I didn't know you guys were going there too."

Sean just stared at the the wall behind Kaycee, his eyes unfocused. If Kaycee didn't know any better, she would've thought he wanted to drill a hole in it.

Finally after a long while, "Why don't you come with us?"

"W-what? No. No."

With Audrey? No, thanks. She'd be better off participating in the Hunger games.

"Yeah, it wouldn't make any sense to waste time and money in going separately. Dave can take all three of us. Besides you and Audrey could finally get to know each a little bit."

Kaycee's mood dropped form the highest floor of excitement.

"Yeah, cause I'm obviously looking forward to that." She commented sarcastically. She didn't even want to talk anymore. So as she turned around to leave, Sean's voice made her turns round again.

"Kaycee...."

That was the first time he called her name in a dark husky tone and that made Kaycee shiver. It wasn't intentional but that tone was definitely Sean's sexiest voice she had heard till now.

What the fuck is she thinking?

".... I know you and Audrey don't get along but... she hasn't been herself since the marriage. So can you give her a second chance? I know she has been really mean to you and I understand your anger. It's justified. But please try. I would love it if you guys become friends."

Kaycee didn't speak anything. She could understand where the anger in Audrey was coming from. I mean anyone would be mad if someone marries your boyfriend and gets to live with him, even if she doesn't love him.

But then again, she had been unnecessarily trying to put her down on several occasions and been rude and offensive to her without any reason.

"I'll.... think about it."

______________________________________________

Hola!!

Here I am, keeping my promise. And now I've run out of chapters to post. 😂

Fun fact: Some of you guys may already know this but Sean actually went to Reykjavik in real life on his birthday. The reason I chose Iceland was because we all have kinda become attached to it, haven't we? I had to do some pretty hard-core research for the names of the places and restaurants and how it looked cause you know I don't live there but on the other side of the world from there, but it was worth it.

Anyways I don't really have a question in this chapter but I would really like to know your thoughts and where you think this is going.

(Also please don't kill me for bringing Audrey back. She not gonna be out so quick.

Besides this is just the beginning. We have not even reached to the main part. *winks*)

Vote.

Comment.

Share.

Has become my motto.

Anyways, see you sooon.... 💜💜💜

K bye 👋 I really need to write the next chapters.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.1K 610 26
Sean Lew is a famous singer but people talk about him as the playboy who ends every night drunk or with a black eye. Kaycee Rice is an actress who...
6.5K 332 44
[It Takes Two] series *can be read as a standalone " they are like molecules with van der waals forces of attraction and they will always be covalen...
9.2K 353 21
Hi everyone! I'm a huge huge fan of Sean and Kaycee and I love them dearly, so I decided to write a fanfic of them based on this youtube video I saw...
119K 3.7K 55
(formerly all my love) Sean and Kaycee are best friends. They're incredible dancers. As they try begin to navigate the water of teen love, an unspeak...