Mated With The Enemy

By LovelyLoopyKari

I didn't think, why would I when rarely anything bad happened or any repercussions were given. I was the prin... More

To Be Loved
Chapter One - Repercussions
Chapter Two - Two Years
Chapter Three - Once Wasn't Enough
Chapter Four - Dangerous Mates
Chapter Five - Assembly
Chapter Six - Greenhouse
Chapter Eight - The Arrangement
Chapter Nine - According to Lucas
Chapter Ten - Let The Party Begin
Chapter Eleven - Omegas
Chapter Twelve - Miranda
Chapter Thirteen - The Almost Brawl
Chapter Fourteen - Recovery
Chapter Fifteen - Winter Formal
Chapter Sixteen - New Enemies
Chapter Seventeen - Medicine
Chapter Eighteen - Secrets
Chapter Nineteen - Saved
Chapter Twenty - Discovery
Chapter Twenty One - Finally
Chapter Twenty Two - Legacy

Chapter Seven - Dangling Over The Edge

6.4K 272 6
By LovelyLoopyKari

Chapter Seven - Dangling Over The Edge

___________________

The bell rang out and I had to push all thoughts of Lucas away. I needed to be in class, the warriors would for sure notice if I wasn’t plus what they would do when the realized Lucas wasn’t there either. It would only raise more questions and bring lots of trouble along with it.

Making my way down the stairs I felt him behind me. “Wait.” His voice was frantic.

I paused mid step as I heard the voices too. The doorknob began to twist and my heart raced. I couldn’t be caught with Luke! And he, of course, couldn’t be caught with me either.

Luke’s fingers entwined with mine and pulled me back up the stairs just as the door fully opened. “Shh.” He hushed as he quickly ushered me into the little room near the back. Opening the window he got out first and then offered me his hand. The roof was almost fully slanted and one wrong move could lead to your death. I gripped his hand tightly and let him steady me.

“You okay?” He whispered as he helped move me so he could shut the window.

“Yeah.” I nodded and shuffled my feet so I could remain balanced. My right foot slipped, letting out a gasp I reached around for something to grab onto when Lucas’s hand shot out to pull me up and by his side. “Thanks.” I breathed as I looked at the ground below.

His grip around my waist tightened as we made our way into a little cove so we wouldn’t be seen. The cove was tiny, but it was flat and cozy with two people.

Luke let me go instantly I was on the flat roof before he ran a hand through his hair as he bit his lip. I sat on the ground, bring my knees up so I could rest my chin on them, looking up at Luke I got butterflies in my stomach.

His brown hair was disheveled as his golden eyes looked down on me. Letting out a sigh and he shifting his gaze to the brick wall he sat down across from me.

“How long do you think we’re going to be up here?” I asked curiously.  

He sighed, heavier this time, “I’m not sure, at least an hour.”

I nodded my head and felt a breeze blow around my hair. “So...Miranda’s your sister?” I questioned.

Luke chuckled, “Yeah, she’s two years below us.”

“How come I’ve never heard of her?” I asked, “I mean, I’m pretty sure I would have been told about her at some point.”

His face turned cold and he shook his head, “Forget about it.”

“What?”

“Just forget I said anything.” He growled. I shrunk back in fear and nodded. Don’t mention his sister. Got it.

He let out a breath. “Please don’t tell anyone about her. I wasn’t suppose to…”

“I won’t.” I smiled, “Your secret is safe with me.”

Luke returned the smile, if only slightly before he became cold again. “I swear Rosaline, if you tell anyone.”

“I promise Luke.” I held his eyes, showing him that he could trust me. Besides, I loved him. Whoah. Love? That’s a strong word.

I dropped my gaze and my face turned red. Did I really love Luke? The guy who tried to barter me with dad, the guy who tried to kill me to get what he wanted?

Yes. Because I rejected him. And he’s saved me more times than I can count already.

“What are you thinking about?” His voice tore me from my thoughts. I couldn’t tell him, there was no way.

“Uh, nothing.” I blushed a deep shade of red and focused on my thumbs as I twirled them.

He snorted, “Nothing? Cause I believe that.”

I rolled my eyes, “I never said you had to believe it.”

“Okay. Okay.” Luke smirked and shook his head, “You were probably thinking about me anyway.”

“What?” I gasped, “How did you- I mean, how did you come up with that?” I caught myself, thankfully.

He grinned. “I just got a warm fuzzy feeling in the pit of my stomach.”

“I could have been thinking about anything.” I argued.

“But you weren’t.” He told me confidently, “You were Jealous of Miranda before too, do you, dare I say, like me?”

“What? No.” I denied quickly. “I thought that Miranda was the girl that you were-shopping with.” I reworded.

“So you were jealous.” He nodded.

“Ugh.” I sighed and buried my head in my knees. My face turned red again, how embarrassing.

“If it makes you feel any better I thought it was cute.” He offered.

“And how is that supposed to make me feel better?” I asked through my knees.

Chuckling he said, “Just cause.”

“Are you and Jess…” I trailed off looking for the right word, “Together?”

He was silent for a moment, looking down at his hands before he sighed and met my gaze. I felt the tears swell in my eyes and I quickly blinked them away as he spoke. “Yeah, she’s….great.”

“That’s good.” I nodded, “You deserve to have the best. What ever you want. You deserve to be happy.”

“I do.” He agreed.

I nodded again and then looked out over to the woods. I saw a streak of grey then another and another. Something was wrong.

‘She gone.’ Rang in my mind over and over again, thats when you could hear and audible growl come from the woods. Luke and I stood up at the same time, sharing a panic look as I heard fighting.

“Shit.” Luke cursed jumping from the cove and onto the roof where he ran straight for the window. He disappeared and I followed after him, well I tried. Me being me I slipped. Panic filled me as I began to slid down the roof trying to find something to grip onto but I couldn’t find anything. I let out a shriek of help just as my feet dangled over the edge, I gripped the edge of the roof tightly but due to being nervous I felt my palms sweat.

“Help.” I sobbed helplessly. Another growl from the woods echoed and then I heard them.

‘Rose?!’ The voice echoed. ‘Hold on!’

‘Someone catch her!’

‘Go up there and grab her!’

“What’s goin-?” I heard Lucas below and I closed my eyes. Don’t look down. Luke’s overwhelming worry crept around me and felt my fingers beginning to slip.

“Luke!” Dozens of voices shouted, what was going on? I gingerly stared down and wished I didn’t. I was so high, I had butterflies in my stomach plus I didn’t see Luke anywhere.

‘Hold on.’ Lucas chanted in my head, ‘don’t let go.’

The sweat on my hands had already increased a tenfold from looking down so I wasn’t sure how much long I could hold on.

‘I’m slipping.’ I cried silently. Just then my fingers gave out and I was falling.

“LUKE!” I screamed as loud as I could but it was drowned out by a loud, “NO!” from above.

I closed my eyes, waiting for the pain to hit, for my life to be over. And Again I was surprised when I landed on in a cradle of arms. Opening my eyes I saw Daniel and Chris on either side of me.

I began to cry and was gently set on my feet, once I was I grabbed both of them hugging them as tight as possible. “Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. So much.”

Their arms enveloped around me and I let a smile slip across my lips. “I owe you two my life. I won’t ever forget that.” I assured them.

“Rose.” Luke spoke breathlessly from the door. I could tell that he wanted to come over, that he wanted to hold me to make sure I was okay after nearly dying but he kept his distance from my pack.

‘I’m fine.’ I smiled at him, ‘Thank you for trying to save me.’

He let out a breath, ‘I thought I really lost you this time.’

“Come on Rosaline, let’s get you out of here.” Chris spoke as he threw an arm around my shoulder. I nodded and followed him to the car.

Maybe I should just stay away from roofs from now on, or maybe just not go to school. Maybe I shouldn’t leave the house in general, I seem to always find trouble.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.3M 186K 41
Marielle Heartifillia was banished from her pack by none other than her one, true mate. Love was a rarity in her life. Her parents were long gone, le...
45.3K 905 25
Obsessed with maintaining her slim figure, Rarity begins to shun food and fill up on water. However, these actions have negative repercussions as Rar...
735K 17.7K 35
Fay Fortua is a werewolf. More importantly shes the new girl in town. Fay is her own person going to an expensive high school, Weston High School. No...
194K 9.4K 55
ငယ်ငယ်ကတည်းက ရင့်ကျက်ပြီး အတန်းခေါင်းဆောင်အမြဲလုပ်ရတဲ့ ကောင်လေး ကျော်နေမင်း ခြူခြာလွန်းလို့ ကျော်နေမင်းက ပိုးဟပ်ဖြူလို့ နာမည်ပေးခံရတဲ့ ကောင်မလေး နေခြ...