Tough Luck|| BnHA/MHA {Bakugo...

By JoystickJammer

After committing herself to varied interests, Rylie finally lands herself an opportunity to seek admission in... More

A/N
Chapter 1- The Game
Chapter 2- The Practice
Chapter 3- The Meeting
Chapter 4- U. A High
Chapter 5 - The Tournament
Chapter 6 - A New Class
Chapter 7- Revelations
Chapter 8- A Day Out
Chapter 10 - Another one bites the Dust
Chapter 11- A Penalty
Chapter 12 - A Union
Chapter 13 - Level Up!
Chapter 14 - Into the deep...
Chapter 15 - Burn
Chapter 16 - Burning Bridges
Chapter 17 - Detention
Chapter 18 - Enemies
Chapter 19 - A sign
Chapter 20 - The Last One
Chapter 21 - The Unexpected Aftermath
Chapter 22 - Bleed to Life

Chapter 9 - Enemy's Resolve

73 10 9
By JoystickJammer

(Art Credit: By H0lyhandgrenade, Sold by H0ly's Art Corner on STORENVY)

"Tomura Shigaraki."

Izuku replied firmly. The guy had brought several of his punks along with him, all sharing the same ominous demeanour about them. The shopping centre regulars felt an uneasiness stirring among the large group that suddenly gathered, backing away into the safety of the stores.

"It's so convenient to find low life heroes hanging about in one place." He pulled his hood from his head, revealing his wrinkled face and baggy eyes. My heart leapt into my throat.

"Leave, or this won't be good for you." Mina barked, her hands dripping with acid. The whole crew was prepared for a battle. Yaoyorozu pulled out a sword from her cleavage and covered her body in armour, Mineta plucked a few Mogi between his fingers, Izuku was covered in lightning streaks, Jiro extended her palm at the enemy with an earlobe cord twitching to her side, Sato ate a pastry from my bag, Ojiro's tail was hanging low, Ochaco extended her palms and Asui knelt on her fours.

The pale-faced man laughed holding a hand to his belly, "You think I didn't come prepared?" I was shaking in my boots when I saw seven large monsters treading behind him. "Nomu!" Kirishima clenched his teeth. The monsters had dumbfounded faces, slouching forward and two pairs of googly yellow eyes trying to focus down at us from each half of their exposed brains.

Shoji clasped my mouth with his hand when a gasp escaped my lips. "Oh, I see we have a new member today." He tilted his head through the crowd. His small red irises sent a shiver down my spine. "She's not your problem." Izuku jumped up and launched a kick at the man's face, immediately to be blocked by a Nomu's wrists. "Rylie, it isn't safe here. We need to go." A small voice from the end of Shoji's wing pod appeared near me. I nodded to it and noticed Shoji leaning down, waiting for me to climb his back. I tugged my bags and lowered the floating equipment as he enclosed me in a bulb of his fleshy arms.

I watched ahead through the peephole he left for me as his feet padded across the road into the silent night. A thickish haze soon enveloped our vision, leaving not an inch in sight. "Well, well can't let you run." A silhouette holding two blue flames at the end of each palm walked into vision. "That's Dabi. Stay hidden." A mouth pod instructed. The male's eyelids were covered in burnt skin of the same kind that covered his lower jaw and the entire length of his arms. The burnt folds were forcefully stitched to his other halves by small metal rings.

I scooched further onto the small of Shoji's back. "Okay then," Dabi extended a palm to Shoji's feet and a blue flame erupted from his palms spiralling as they cut through the smoke. Shoji jumped releasing his arms, gliding behind Dabi. My things fell to the ground as I clawed at his shoulders with the floating balloons in my hand.

He dropped to the ground behind Dabi, screening me out of the villain's sight. "Run," One of his extended mouth pods instructed. Caring little for the shopping strewn on the concrete, I stumbled my way off the road into the shrubbery, resting briefly behind a tree. I coughed into my palms, gagging from the smoke choking me. I searched for heavy rocks and shoved the threads tied to the floating equipment under their weight.

Suddenly, I heard a rustle from the shrub beside me. Carefully, I inched closer to the sound. "Aoyama?" his usual enigmatic self was terrified now, crouching behind the thicket. "What are you doing all the way across the street?" I kneeled beside him. "I can't, I can't fight." The words tumbled out of his mouth as he tried to hold back his tears. I could barely hear him when he had his nose and mouth cuffed with his palms. My head began to feel lighter too, I also pinched my nose to avoid breathing in too much of the smoke. "Of course, you can," I whined. "No, I'm not them. I'm not normal." He argued. "I know you are, I fought you last Tuesday." I shot a look at him. His expression changed as though something flitted across his eyes. "But, but there are seven of them with the entire League of Villains!" He cried. League of Villains? I had so many questions but clearly, now wasn't the time.

"I can't-"

"I have an idea." I interrupted. "Really?" Aoyama wiped his cheeks with the back of his hand. I helped him up with an arm.  "I need you to fire your beam at those gigantic Nomu. Aim for their heads." I pointed to the dark silhouettes thrashing their arms about while Shigaraki was distracted in a conversation. He gulped, if he was interrupting something, he had better do it right. I placed a hand on his shoulder.

"This would have been easier if you handed Eri to us." I heard Tomura Shigaraki's voice echoing loud and clear across the street. "You decided to make this difficult for yourselves, so I'll show you hero punks what it means to fight for a cause." The villain chortled wholeheartedly. "All you ever did was hate All Might and trample young hearts who have the purity to become heroes!" Izuku was heard.

A long beam left his buckle, slicing the smoke and penetrating a monster until their scarlet painted the floor. There was a loud shriek cutting through the night before a large thud was heard. "What?" Shigaraki was mad. Another beam escaped his belt dropping another Nomu to the ground. "Over there!" Shigaraki barked. I pulled Aoyama to the ground. I didn't want to know who was approaching the smog. We crawled further into the thicket, laying low.

Two silhouettes soon came patrolling in our general direction. The smoke was thin enough to soon reveal their identities. "Huh Magne," One sighed, "What do we do about these two?" The male was covered in an entire body suit of black, and a mask split in black and grey. The other male with red hair, glasses and thick lips glared us down, "I don't think Shigaraki meant them." He pointed a finger down at us and looked at the other. Aoyama and I held each other for our lives, terrified, backing away until we couldn't move any further.

There is no place in the heroes course for people like you.

"Yea, but if they saw us they might report it to the police!" The masked man in a suit animatedly scratched his head. Magne took in his words and thoughtfully turned to us. He adjusted his sunglasses at the bridge of his nose, "Hey, did you see anything?" He leaned forward, uncomfortably close. He was trying to intimidate us. Aoyama clenched my sleeves.

I can't have you in the heroes course.

I snatched my sleeve out from his grasp and raised myself, balling my palms into fists. "You're messing with the wrong bunch. I'm telling you guys nothing!" I barked. "Eek!" The redhead retracted pulling his wrists close to his shoulders in a rather feminine way. "They called me a guy!" He looked up at the sky in an attempt to hold back his tears.

My face must have obviously contorted in confusion because the masked guy looked at me before he spoke, "Yeah, Magne is what she is. She doesn't' like being called a guy." The masked guy shrugged his shoulders. "That's what makes her unique."

"Ugh! How dare you! This is why I hate people like you!" The male I now identified as a female snorted at me. "I'm going to kill both of you!" That made Aoyama whimper. She lifted her broad fingers and whisked the air in front of her. Suddenly, Aoyama and myself were pulled into each other with an invisible attractive force binding us, back-to-back. "That's what you deserve. Now, we'll kill you slow and easy." She chuckled cracking her knuckles.

There is no place for people like you...

I struggled to peel myself away from Aoyama but Magne's quirk did not allow it. "Aoyama, I'll need your help again. When I give you the signal, shoot." I leaned my head back a bit so my voice could reach his ear. I felt him nod. "Are you even listening?" The masked guy folded his hands on his hips and snapped at us. "What?" His statement caught me by surprise. "Twice, shut up!" Magne barked. "They don't deserve a chance. Don't waste time explaining it to people like them!"

While they bickered among each other, I reached for her phone with my quirk. Her phone buzzed and as I predicted, she reached for it. "Yo Twice, look!" They both peered into their phone. "A secret admirer wants to take me out on a date!" She squealed. "Oh god Magne, do you even know someone like that?" He palmed his forehead. "Oh-shut-up! You're just jealous!" She giggled and frantically began typing.

"Now!" I yelled. Aoyama's beam launched the phone off her hands grazing a few tresses off her hair. "Why you!" Twice, the masked male launched his fists at me. I immediately sent a shock blast through his cellphone making his thigh flinch and drop to the ground. "Run, for the road!" I pulled Aoyama's wrist through the thicket into the thick of the fog. The streetlights and traffic signals diffused into the smog colouring it in different shades. Any electric pulse, any pulse, pulse...

I reached out to the lights with my quirk, detecting the pulse I disengaged them, leaving the place in complete darkness. "Todoroki?" I found him by himself in the fog. "Where is everyone else?" He ignored me and forced a wave of fire into the thick gas behind me. To my surprise, the ground shook. A bulky blond guy with bulbous muscular arms landed his fist into the ground. "Show me your blood!" He roared, his tiny iris and prosthetic eye focussed into mine. "Watch out, that's Muscular." Todoroki raised a tall wall of ice trapping the guy off the ground. He turned to me reading the expression from my face. "The smog dispersed everyone." He gritted his teeth as soon as the villain began tearing away the ice. "Argh!" He roared loudly, "If you have guts, show me your blood!" He screamed pelting Todoroki with a barrage of punches. He immediately jumped off the ground in front of me. "Die!" He clenched his palms together, raised them in the sky and brought them crashing down on me. The attack knocked me down to my knees, injuring my left shoulder.

He brought another fist down at me but an ice structure protected me from its blow, splintering in front of my eyes. "You need to contact the teachers!" Todoroki shouted, panting from the fight he had to put up with. "Wait, what- from here?" I bit my lip. I immediately remembered the lesson Aizawa taught me on Tuesday. "I-I can't! We're too far away!" I panicked. My telekinetic abilities tried to crawl into the vicinity trying to tickle any sense of electric pulses they could find. There was Aoyama and Todoroki's and one more, right in the thick of the smoke,  although it wasn't a phone.

Muscular raised another fist to drive a punch but Todoroki froze the back of his elbow. The villain turned to grasp the pest by his neck and shove him into the concrete. "Go!" Todoroki muttered under his heavy fist, his cheek swollen from the impact. "I love how a bunch of 'wanna-be' heroes cannot even fight." He grinned. He got up to and jumped to drive me to the ground but a beam burned the sides of his skin dropping him down midway. I recoiled a few steps back, "Take good care of Todoroki!" I patted Aoyama and dashed away leaving a heavy layer of smoke between us.

I panted as the smoke's presence began to suck my breath away. My left shoulder was burning with heat and stinging from the heavy blow I received earlier. The smoke made it difficult to spot the path in front of me. I tripped on some uneven surface bruising my knee on the concrete. I hissed between my teeth sharply taking in more of the smoke. A drop of blood dribbled down my leg from the wound. I recovered to my feet, trying to sense any signal from the far reaches of my quirk. "Izuku!" I waded through the smoke towards the source. The closer I got the more control I had. With my telekinetic abilities, I muddled through his contacts and dialled the closest person I could find, "All Might, help!" I screamed as loudly as I could so he heard me from wherever Midoriya's phone was.

"Here!" A hand cuffed me with a gas mask. I turned to see Momo Yaoyorozu, Ojiro and Tokoyami. "Be careful, Shigaraki is around." She stroked my back vigorously helping me take in some oxygen. "Well, that wasn't hard." The guy in the black hoodie I remembered as Shigaraki walked towards us, one of the tall Nomu's accompanying him.

The monster lunged towards me when a dark beast covered me from his blow just in time. "Rylie! Go away now. I can barely control Dark Shadow." I heard a voice from Tokoyami floating in the middle of the dark beast's body. The dark aura from his quirk flooded his body materializing into a bird giant with a brain of its own. I silently nodded and limped in the direction Momo guided, sitting me down against the base of a telephone booth.

"Momo," I said as she began wrapping my left arm with a length of bandage she supplied from the skin of her torso, "there is a presence in the thick of the smoke. I sensed something." I extended my finger, pointing far into a screen of smoke. "Yea I know," She finished bandaging my left arm and tore the end with her teeth. "I'll take care of that. Keep the gas mask on and don't move that arm. Stay here with Kaminari." She instructed before she raised herself and jogged into the direction I suggested, vanishing in plain sight. 

With Kaminari? I was startled when Denki's head fell on my right shoulder. "Fr-friend!" He looked up at me with doll eyes, sucking his thumb like a toddler and drooling over me. "What the hell did you do?" I spoke to no one in particular since this short-circuited guy wasn't going to respond anyway. I comfortably adjusted my knee to avoid the burn and draped my bandaged arm over it. I leaned my head back on the solid, "I am a pathetic hero." I said to no one, looking down to meet Kaminari's dazed doll eyes. "At least, I don't want to miss this chance." I cheekily smiled at him clearly knowing he cannot understand a word I'm saying. I reached for my phone in my left pocket with my better hand, "There!" I had successfully captured a hilarious photo of doll-eyed dumb Denki. "Totally sharing this with Mina." I chuckled sliding the phone back into my pocket. I sat there in silence for a bit as Denki drifted off into sleep.

"Ah, you're so cute up close!" I jerked my head towards the eery voice. A girl in two spaced buns straddled Izuku's frightened body on the tiled concrete floor, dangling a syringe below his chin, her breasts softly pressing against his chest. She playfully twitched her thumb over the pointed end of the needle, caressing a vein on his neck with the other. "I really like you Izuku, I just want one little drop." The lovesick chick smiled from ear to ear which reached her eyes, her cheeks were a shade of red as she enjoyed every little thing she was doing to Midoriya.

My mind was conflicted. "I'm horrible," I said to myself and raised myself to my feet, Denki's head falling to the floor, still fast asleep. "Get off him!" I found myself hooking her underarms with both my hands as best as I could, plucking her away from Midoriya. Izuku scrambled up to his feet, "Watch out!" His heel met the monster's lower jaw who happened to be lurking at dangerous proximity behind me. "Awh, Shigaraki doesn't care about me." The girl pouted, slouching her weight into my palms. I irked at her words and dropped her to the floor like I'd seen a cockroach. "Are you jealous?" She scrambled around to face me on the floor, her palms supporting her weight between her knees. "We can be friends if you want." She smiled.

The girl stood up and skipped towards me, dangling the syringe close to my cheek. "I like you already." She smiled, "Oh, this won't bite." She read my mind. My fingers suddenly gripped her wrists pushing her away as she tried to lean uncomfortably close to me. My eyes traced the tubes extending from the syringe device to the two canisters on her back. I quickly reached for them and yanked them hard, blood painting my entire hand. "No! The memories of all the people I love!" My heart sank to the ground on hearing those words. "I guess I can't keep yours with them." She switched her grip on the syringe to a one like holding a dagger. "I want yours too!" She chuckled. I gripped her wrists tightly trying to fight her away from my body.

A strip of cloth reached out to her hand knocking the syringe off and smashing it to the ground. We turned to the source of the quirk, "Aizawa sensei!" My eyes lightened. He punched the girl in the face. I scrambled to my feet and ran away.

I noticed pro heroes pouring into the scene, many whom I recognized from the number of news channels I watched. Among the many were Hawks, Best Jeanist, Kamui Woods, Gunhead, Mount Lady, Mirko, Ryukyu and the new number one hero Endeavour. What I had only grown up to see on television, I witnessed with my own eyes. I was amazed to see how skillfully the Pros beat down every one of the League of Villains. I couldn't really pick a favourite.

There was indeed a villain in the smoke like Momo had confirmed. The villains' limp bodies were being carried away by a task force in well-kept National Police Agency uniforms. A pile of dead monsters were tossed on the side, their exposed brains reeking of dried blood. I watched as Endeavour marched towards Todoroki and two seemed to be in a tall conversation. I approached him once they parted, "You know the number one Pro Hero Endeavour?" I was kind of jealous of him already. In response, he just shoved me aside and walked away, caressing his bruised cheek. Cold.

"Are you alright?" Midoriya jogged up to me. For someone with sweat fogging up his forehead, he seemed more energetic than me. I nodded, his concern for me was heartwarming. "Thank you for phoning me," All Might smiled to Midoriya. He was about to argue against it when I spoke, "No, I did." I bit my lip. He hadn't heard me when I screamed. He just looked at me like he knew what I had been through, his smile reaching his eyes. "That was a wise decision." He meant it, I could tell. That was all the assurance I needed after a long night, knowing I wasn't going to be a pro hero anymore.

All Might knelt to my height and looked me in the eyes. I realized I was balling into tears when my vision fogged his sky blue irises. He squeezed my shoulders lightly. "I didn't do anything." I sobbed. "Everyone else here saved me. I'm not a pro hero. I tried... I did." I wasn't even making sense anymore and now the whole class was watching. I couldn't even meet them in the eye. I sniffed but all the liquid and snot came running down my face anyway.

"Get over it," Aizawa instructed. I was crying too hard to raise my head to notice him. "I heard from the rest." He hummed. I wiped the goo with the back of my hand. "You're no pro hero, I can assure you that and even far from it." His words hurt. "But winners don't waste their time crying after a fight." He sighed. "Move along, we don't have time for this. We have more training to do. And besides," He turned over his shoulder, giving me a cold stare, "you need more training than they do. Get to the bus." I gulped at his words. I stifled my sobs and gathered myself.

At the crack of dawn, the police found more evidence near the shrubbery among which were my things.

                                                                                           ***

A few hours later, 'all the students of class one 1-A who witnessed the attack or engaged with the League of Villains' were called to the office. The announcement was intentionally kept anonymous so that the majority of us who were out on Sunday could quietly make it to the office without getting noticed.

"We're glad that NHK-World didn't get a wind of this." Principal Nezu raised a paw. "The League are clearly a threat to the students of U.A." Sniper, the teacher dressed in a cowboy attire pointed out. "We know that Shigaraki hates All Might, so it would mean he hates 1-A." Aizawa pulled out a 'Capri Sun' juice box from the vending tray.

"They came to find Eri." There was silence soon after. The teachers shared glances at each other after reading Izuku's expression. Aoyama and I agreed, earning shocked faces from our classmates as well. There were a lot of things I had yet to learn about U.A.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N

Next: !^&*!$

JJ: This particular segment will be longer this time around, so please be patient. Thank you so much for 95 votes!! :D I'm so grateful to all the people who supported me this far! :)

Rylie: You have a letter. *scrambles open a page*

JJ: Don't sift through my private notifications, they're for me! ('A')

Rylie: Well it's from XxFlyingFlamingoxX. You have been tagged.

JJ: Thank you wonderful person for tagging me and following me so far. Your support means a lot to me!! :D

Rylie: They're some questions for you.

JJ: Okay, shoot!

Rylie: *clears throat* Okay first, what was your first ever anime?

JJ: Hm, prolly Speed Racer X or Card Captor Sakura, that was so long back, damn. I can't even remember correctly. 

Rylie: Kay... Second, first anime crush?

JJ: Kai Hiwatari. (/ε\*)

Rylie: *Totally ignored JJ's feelings* Third, Favorite anime character?

JJ: Agatsume Zenitsu from Kimetsu no Yaiba! Yuus! 6( ̄ω ̄)9 Or, Yamaguchi from Card Captor Sakura. Hm, well now I'm confused.

Rylie: Fourth, a popular anime you don't like?

JJ: Sword Art Online. Nisekoi. Ugh... never. ~ξヾ( ^-x-^)

Rylie: Fifth, an anime character you can relate to?

JJ: Inosuke from Kimetsu no Yaiba! Or Ochaco that time she fought in the Sports Festival.

Rylie: Oh, Ochaco Uraraka? Nice, bet she'll be happy to know that. :)

JJ: Yus! Thank you! \(★^∀^★)/

Rylie: Sixth, a favourite anime sidekick?

JJ: Hm, Bakugo I guess?

Rylie: *gags* Horrible choice. Anyway seventh, anime you didn't expect to like but you did?

JJ: Haikyuu, I was never into sports anime but now I am. :D

Rylie: Kay eight, which anime do you believe should get more attention?

JJ: Akatsuki no Yona! It needs to be a thing!

Rylie: Fair enough. Nine, saddest anime you've watched?

JJ: Is a movie counted as an anime? It would be 'Grave of the Fireflies.' It's a Ghibli movie. It made me so sad... *sniff sniff*

Rylie: *Ignoring* Tenth, favourite anime relationships?

JJ: Zenitsu and Nezuko! <3 I hope they live happily ever after! Even Son Hak and Yona, too hot to handle. :3

Rylie: Eleventh, jeez this is a lot of questions.

JJ: Uh just go on, you're just jealous 'cuz it's not about you.

Rylie: Uh whatever, anime you'd recommend to people who don't watch anime?

JJ: At least, My Hero Academia. Yes, for sure.

Rylie: Well Twelveth, manga you have finished all the way through?

JJ: Ranma 1/2. Was totally worth it.

Rylie: Thirteenth, anime you plan on watching?

JJ: Naruto. Never started it yet. Watched the first episode, liked it, may give it a try at some point.

Rylie: Fourteenth, anime you've never gotten tired of?

JJ: Beyblade-but it wasn't the anime version, only because I desperately wanted more content to write about for my scenarios. Can you believe it? I can't write more content about my fics because there wasn't any more content in that show! :(

Rylie: That's a long story... Well, Fifteenth, biggest anime crush?

JJ:.... (*ノωノ)

Rylie: ... Just answer the question.

JJ: Promise you won't hear it.

Rylie: I am supposed to.

JJ: No! Just close your ears! It's for the readers anyway!

Rylie: Ugh fine. *turns away and plugs in ears*

JJ:... Uh, it's Bakugo.

Rylie: ...

JJ: You can turn around now. *pats on shoulder*

Rylie: *ugly grin* I totally heard that.

JJ: (•゚д゚•)  εミ(ο_ _)ο No... way...

Rylie: Yup and I'm totally gonna tell him. *grins*

JJ: N-next question... please...

Rylie: I will remember this.. *laughs* Last question, anime that deserves another series?

JJ: Akatsuki no Yona!!! Definitely!!

Rylie: Well, that's all for questions. Now you have to tag fifteen people. *Folds letter and tosses away*

JJ: Fifteen only? That's gonna be so hard. They've all been so helpful and supportive. And they mean so much to me than just numbers on my screen!

Rylie: *shrugs* tag fifteen.

JJ: *breathes in* Okay, fifteen it is then. Thank you, readers, for coming this far! :D It's a bit unfair of me to just list them when each of them has been so helpful. I'd love to do a feature on you guys if you want. :D So here are the fifteen people I choose:

_Amber_ASH_Nathan3010Belongs_To_Bakugousirmeliodas101taetaechuuuuuuusiamtheily_ari_grandeArtKirklandIsStressdavisremicursed_writesall-dxy-drexmerKatsuki_BakuBakugoBakugouExplodesRuhaDemVuranKatleyMorSierraMoore

 Heck, I did one more only because I could. Really, you guys mean a lot to me. Just answer the questions above, and hope you enjoy the story so far! :D Remember to vote, feedback or comment on your favourite chapters.

PLUS ULTRAAAA!!!

Rylie: Plus Ultra!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

342K 12.1K 54
𝐈𝐍 π–π‡πˆπ‚π‡ Ellie Sloan reunites with her older brother when her hospital merges with his jackson avery x ellie sloan (oc) season six ━ season se...
243K 6K 44
❝ 𝖨 π—‰π—‹π—ˆπ—†π—‚π—Œπ–Ύπ–½ π—π—ˆ 𝗇𝖾𝗏𝖾𝗋 π—Ήπ—Όπ˜ƒπ—² 𝖺𝗀𝖺𝗂𝗇 ❞ ── " π—’π—ˆπ—Ž π—ƒπ—Žπ—Œπ— 𝗁𝖺𝗏𝖾𝗇'𝗍 π–Ώπ—ˆπ—Žπ—‡π–½ 𝗍𝗁𝖾 π—Ώπ—Άπ—΄π—΅π˜ π—€π—Žπ—’ yet" ❝ and π˜„π—΅οΏ½...
623K 22.6K 97
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! πŸ˜‚πŸ’œ my first fanfic...
822K 18.6K 47
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.