Why did it have to be you? (C...

By MyFanaticHeart101

Camila had the perfect life.She had the money, the friends, the family. But what happens when her parents dec... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Quick Question
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50- Part 1
Question!
Help!!
Chapter 50- Part 2
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Sequel is up

Chapter 21

21.2K 514 739
By MyFanaticHeart101

Laurens POV

"Girls. Wake up it's already 8:00." I heard my mother shout through the door while knocking.

"We're already awake." I shouted back as I looked through the movie list on the tv screen.

"Well open the door I need to show you girls something." She said. I glanced over at Camila.

"Not yet Camila is still changing." Camila saw me staring and smirked.

"Well it doesn't matter. Michael isn't with me." Camila made a weird face while I rolled my eyes.

"Mom just wait until she's done." When Camila finished changing I opened the door to reveal my mom holding up two baskets. She walked in and placed them in the middle of the room. 

"Ok girls. Put your dirty clothes in here and everyday our new maid, Elizabeth, is going to get them ok." She said.

"Who the hell is Elizabeth?" I asked. Camila stood next to me while my mom walked over to the door.

"Our new maid."

"Well what about our old one? I liked her."

"She quit. Apparently she said our house is always to messy to clean. Although I have no idea what she is talking about." My mom looked confused. I looked over at Camila and she looked like she was about to start laughing.

"Well I don't know neither. I mean we never even dirty our house." I lied. It's most likely she quit because I always made her clean after I threw parties. She would always complain.

"Well we have a new one. She will be up in a little to take your laundry so yeah get to it girls." With that said she left the room. I walked over and closed the door.

"Aww Lauren. You really made your old maid want to quit." Camila started laughing. I joined her.

"Whatever. We need strong workers here anyways. She always complained." I started going to my closet with a basket in my hand. Camila dragged the other one behind her and started throwing clothes inside. I'm not going to lie, we practically threw all of our clothes inside. We made jokes while doing this. Once we were finished the baskets were overloaded. I hope what's her face is ok with it.

"Lauren unlock the door." My mom spoke. I groaned and dragged my, now full, basket out of the closet. Camila followed as I opened the door.

"What now mom?" I asked.

"I was just going to tell you that your father and I are going to visit.....well you know. We wanted to know if you want to come."

"Mom you know I can't go." I said feeling my eyes water. "Just tell them I said hi." She nodded her head.

"Well if you girls get hungry just tell Elizabeth to make you something." She turned around to walk away but she stopped and turned her head slightly. "You know they've been asking for you for a while now. You can't keep ignoring them."

"I know. I just don't think i'm ready to see them." She shook her head slightly and walked away. I closed the door and turned around to see Camila with a confused expression. "Ask away." I sighed as I sat on one of the couches. Camila sat beside me. I kept staring at the floor as tears streamed down my face. I felt her fingers under my chin so I could face her.

"From what your mom said i'm assuming 'they' are your brother and sister." She said with a worried expression. I nodded my head and she wiped some of my tears away. "Where are they at Lauren?"

I sniffed and opened my mouth to answer but I was interupted by a knock on my door.

"You have to be kidding me." Camila mumbled. I wiped away my tears and stood up to open the door.

"Hi. I'm Elizabeth, your new maid. Umm y-your mom said you have clothes that need washing." Said a tall brunette. She had hazel eyes that were roaming my body. She didn't look a year after twenty.

"How old are you? You look really young." I asked.

"I'm twenty. I'm just working here so I can save up money for school." She answered with a smile. "How old are you? You can't be anything younger than 18. I mean what kind of teenager is as pretty as you?"

I blushed at her comment. Jeez! I'm not one to really get flattered but those words coming from her, well I don't know.

"Hi i'm Camila." Camila said from beside me. Elizabeth glanced at her but turned to me ignoring her.

"I'm actually 16." I answered shyly.

"What! No way get out of here." Elizabeth exclaimed.

"I can't. This is my house." I said causing her to laugh.

"Well damn. You're one of those rare teens who look older than they are." She smiled at me. I opened my mouth to say something until Camila interupted.

"The dirty clothes are over there." She pulled me out of the doorway so Elizabeth could come in.

"Oh right I forgot what I was here for." When she saw the baskets her eyes widened. "Damn that's alot."

"It's not going to be a problem is it?" Camila said with a smirk.

"Oh not at all Patricia." Elizabeth said while dragging one the baskets out of the room.

"It's Camila." She said while glaring at her.

"Oh really. Sorry." She responded with sarcasm clear in her voice while dragging the second basket. Once she left the room Camila shut the door and dragged me to the couch again.

"I don't like her." Camila mumbled.

"Really she seems nice."

"Ugh yeah right. She didn't even say my name correctly. Anyways let's stop talking about her. You were going to tell me something."

I furrowed my eyebrows at her.

"About where your siblings are." She said while placing her hand over mine. I nodded and took in a deep breath.

"Well it's a really long story...." I begun to say.

"And I have all day to listen."

"Ok it's just a year ago...." I started to say until the door opened. I turned my head to see Elizabeth staring at me.

"Umm Lauren your homework packets just arrived. They're in the livingroom. Your mom ordered me to tell you to start it immediately." She said with a small smile.

"Ok if that's all we would like to be alone." Camila said. I felt myself smile.

"Actually Camz we have to do our homework remember." I stood up and smiled at Elizabeth as I walked past her. When I reached the livingroom I saw two packets on the small table. I grabbed them and walked into the dining room.

"You forgot to bring a pencil you dumbass." I heard Camila say. I turned around to see her holding up two pencils. She closed the dining room door and sat next to me. I smiled at her as she handed me one of her pencils. We started doing our homework. Well we tried to. The only thing I knew how to do correctly was write my name. We ended up giving up and playing tic-tac-toe.

"So are you going to tell me where your brother and sister are?" She asked because I kept winning her and she was starting to get annoyed.

"Why do you want to know so badly?" I questioned as I turned to see her.

"Well it's just i'm going to live here now and I guess I just want to know where the rest of the Jauregui family is." She shrugged.

"I guess that's understandable." She smiled and grabbed my hands in hers. "It's just a year ago when the three of us were...." I was cut off by Elizabeth once again.

"Hello Lauren." She smiled at me. "Are you hungry?"

"Yes now go make us food." Camila said with annoyance clear in her voice. I can tell she was starting to dislike Elizabeth more.

"What would you like to eat?"

"It doesn't matter. As long as you're not here anymore." Camila threw her hands up.

"I think it does matter. What if you don't like a specific food that I make."

"Look I honestly don't give a fuck what you make but you better get your ass out of here...." I cut her off by placing my hands over her mouth. I turned around and gave a sympathetic smile towards our new maid.

"Eggs and pancakes will be ok." I politely said. She gave me a smile and turned her attention towards Camila giving her a glare before she walked out of the room. I removed my hands from Camilas mouth and she glared at me.

"Why did you stop me from telling her off?!" She whisper/shouted at me.

"It's her first day give her a break." She rolled her eyes and took a deep breath.

"Fine but please just continue your story." I nodded my head.

"Well let me just start by saying that my parents are at a rehab facility. My brother and sister are patients there. It's not because they're drug addicts or anything but ....well because they need therapy." I stopped once I started to feel my eyes water.

"Well why do they need therapy?" She asked me softly. I shut my eyes tight to try and prevent tears from falling before opening them. She turned my face so she could look into my eyes. I tried to muffle a sob but failed miserably. She wrapped her arms around me and scooted closer to me. "It's ok take your time."

It took me a few moments but I eventually calmed down enough to speak up again. "It's just a year ago we were home alone and...."

"Your food is ready." Elizabeth announced. Camila slowly let me go and looked up at her. "Oh my god. Lauren are you ok?" She placed the plates on the table and stood beside me. Camila gave her a death glare when she placed her hand on my shoulder. She bent down so she was on the same level as me.

"Get your hand off of her." Camila growled.

"Why i'm just trying to comfort her."

"That's my job so I would very much appreciate it if you left us alone for the rest of the day." I could tell Camila was loosing her patience.

"It didn't look like you were comforting her much. Besides i'm pretty sure you're the one making her cry." Elizabeth said as she stood up tall. I saw Camila take a few deep breathes before she stood up. I didn't know what to do so I just sat there and stared between the the two of them.

"Listen here you little prick. I'm her fucking girlfriend and as you can see we are having a very serious talk. So I would prefer it if you backed off of her and left us alone." Camila said as she smacked Elizabeth's hand off my shoulder. I was taken back by her use of words but stayed silent.

"I'm sorry but I only take orders from the Jauregui family. And if you are her girlfriend then that means you aren't part of the family so I don't have to listen to you." Elizabeth said with a grin. I felt myself growing angry at the way she is speaking to Camila.

"She lives here to and we kind of do need time alone so could you please leave. Oh and thank you for the food." I said giving her one of my fakest smiles. She looked shocked but she nodded and left the room. Camila sighed out loud and sat down again.

"Jeez! I was about to rip her head off." She shook her head. I chuckled a bit.

"You know I didn't know I was in a relationship. Let alone one with a girl and especially you. I'm assuming you're the one who asked the question considering I don't remember me asking you to be my girlfriend." I teased her. She rolled her eyes.

"Oh please don't flatter yourself. I only said that so she could back off of you."

"And why would you want her to back off of me?" I raised my brow at her. "I mean so what if she tries something with me, I don't think it would be any of your concerns."

"Look it doesn't matter ok. Just please tell me what happened a year ago." She whined.

"Nope. The mood kind of left me. Maybe another day." I smiled at her, grabbed my homework packet, and walked towards my room. I heard her mumble something before I left the room but I ignored her. When I entered my room I threw the packet on my desk and went back to the dining room. I slowly opened the door when I heard Camila mumbling something to herself. I tried to understand what she was saying but it was inaudible. I opened the door and sat next to her.

"Oohh this food actually looks good." I said while stabbing my fork in a pancake.

"She probably poisoned my plate." Camila said while examining the food. I rolled my eyes and continued eating. She eventually dug in as well. We made small talk and once I finished I got up and went into my room.

"Lauren i'm bored." Camila whined as she entered the room. "Let's go do something"

"Well what do you want to do?"

"Well I was kind of going to tell you if I can borrow your car again so I can....." She started to say until I cut her off.

"No hell no. Wherever your going i'm sure you can walk or something."

"Oh come on Lauren please. I was just wanting to go on a drive."

"Oh so you just want to waste my gas?" I raised my brow at her.

"What? No. I just want to get out of this house. You can come with me if you want. It's just i've been on this house ever since I moved in. I want to go out. Let's go to the zoo or something."

"First of all the zoo is like two hours away. Second i'll drive and third it's raining again so wear something warm. Elizabeth finished our laundry already so we have clean clothes." I smiled at her. She squealed and jumped on me causing me to fall back on my bed.

"Omg! Thank you so much Lolo." She smiled and stood up. I laughed and stood up as well before going to get my clothes from the basket. I decided to wear jeans, boots, and a regular white t-shirt with a long black coat.

"Ummm. Can I borrow your hoodie again?" Camila asked after I changed. I nodded my head and sat on the bed for her to finish. She changed and started to fix her hair. I hope this bitch doesn't plan on wearing my sweater whenever she wants because that's my favorite one. "Well i'm ready to go." She smiled at me.

"Ok. By the way bring your own money because i'm not paying for you." She narrowed her eyes at me.

"Well where the hell are we going?"

"I'm not going to tell you." I said as I grabbed my phone and keys. I saw her walk to her closet while I grabbed some money from my nightstand. I think two hundred will do. Once she emerged from the bathroom she smiled. "Ok let's get going." With that we went down stairs.

"Elizabeth we're going out!" I shouted before I closed the door. We ran to the car and started off. Not even 30 minutes in and Camila had already started complaining.

"Lauren where the hell are we going? Why is it taking so long? I swear Juarebitch if you take me to a forest to kill me I will kill you first." She said while glaring at me. I rolled my eyes and turned up the music since we had gone on the freeway. Another half hour later she started complaining again.

"Just tell me where we're going!" She shouted over the music. She turned it down and glared at me.

"I'm not going to tell you. You just need to wait until we get there." I said keeping my eyes on the road.

"Look if you kill me people will notice. I will come back and haunt you." She said with a panicked voice.

"I'm not going to kill you, you dumbass." I groaned. I checked the time and it was barely 9:30.

"Then why is it taking so long!" She whined. I felt myself growing angrier by every word she spoke.

"Because." I simply answered. She groaned. I turned up the music and tried tuning her out. Not even five minutes later she started complaining again.

"Lauren my phone is about to die! Are we almost there yet?"

"Well maybe if you didn't use it throughout the whole drive then it wuld still be charged." I mumbled as she turned down the music.

"LAUREN WHY IS IT TAKING SO FUCKING LONG!" She shouted at me.

"I FUCKING TOLD YOU THAT THE ZOO WAS TWO HOURS AWAY!" I shouted back. I pulled over to the side of the freeway and turned on my blinkers. I sat there and took a few deep breaths. Gosh Camila is driving me insane!

"You're taking me to the zoo?" She asked with a small voice.

"Yes. You happy? You ruined the surprise." I mumbled.

"Oh Lauren i'm so sorry." She leaned over and hugged me. "I just really don't like surprises you dumbass. I especially don't like long drives to a destination I have no clue of."

"It's ok. Now can you please try not to bother me anymore?" I said once she released me. She nodded her head. "By the way there is a phone chrger there if you need it."

"Thank you so much you're a lifesaver." She said as she reached into the glove department. When she took it out she gave me a quick kiss on the cheek. I would have turned to look at her but I couldn't since I continued driving. The rest of the drive was filled with the radio.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.6K 256 26
It's a Camren fanfic. Fifth Harmony after 4 years of success they break up in the most tragic way. The only ones that continued their career is Laure...
849K 20.2K 123
After 12 years apart will life bring Camila and Lauren crashing together?
480K 14.2K 38
Sequel to Bad News. What happens to Camila and Lauren and their relationship when Camila's past haunts her once again? What if this time, she can't d...
313K 7.4K 35
When Lauren Jauregui gets shipped off to a summer camp by her mother all alone, she is almost positive that her summer is ruined. It's the summer goi...