Guess Who Grew Up

By ohheyitsholly

Hailey Sommers is a werewolf. But... her pack hates her. She is constantly picked on about her weight and her... More

Chapter 1- Weak
Chapter 2- A new life
Chapter 3- Excuse me?
Chapter 5- Moving day
Chapter 6- The morning after
Chapter 7- Hot Stuff
Chapter 8- Back and better than ever
Chapter 9- Rock me
Chapter 10- The Green Eyed Monster.
Chapter 11- Conflict
Chapter 12- Kissing & making up
Chapter 13- Food Fight
Chapter 14- Left out
Chapter 15- Hugs, fights and Hunter?
Chapter 16- Sharon and twins and flowers, Oh my!
Chapter 17- Blood in the air
Chapter 18- 159 Maple Road
Chapter 19- My Secret Admirer....& My Best Friend
Chapter 20- Friends Don't Let Friends Hurt Friends
Chapter 21 - Heart to Hearts
WINNER AND RUNNER UP OF COVER CONTEST
Chapter 22- Grown Ups
Chapter 23 - Brother Dearest

Chapter 4- Wow, his abs.

27.7K 900 101
By ohheyitsholly

Hailey's P.O.V:

I rolled over and groaned, my body ached. Why was I so sore?

I sat up in bed and streched my arms out, yawning. Then I frowned. If I'm in bed...was last night a dream? YES! It was! It never happened!

I threw off the covers and jumped out of bed. I turned up Pink's "Cuz I can" and danced around my room, feeling like a badass.

I couldn't be bothered getting changed, so I swung my hair up into a messy ponytail and left my tank top and shorts on. I skipped down the stairs, humming quietly to myself.

"I'll cash my bets and place my bets, and hope I'll always win! Even if I don't it's fine because, I live a life of- ouch!"

I felt like I couldn't breathe, someone was squeezing me too tightly. I gasped.

Immediately the arms let go.

"Hailey? Oh my god, I'm so sorry!" A high pitched voice said.

I looked at Ari and smiled. "All good"

Ari was the youngest in the group and she was always so energetic and happy. We all felt protective over Ari,  from instinct.

Something caught her eye outside. "Oh look, a butterfly!!" She raced past me and out the door.

I heard a light chuckle. I looked over to see my best friend, Leah shaking her head.

Leah and I were both tough, strong, fast, 'badass', heartbreakers. It's what we did and we were like sisters. She was the same age as me but 6 months older, which sometimes got annoying because she tried to look after me and I didn't need a babysitter. I loved her though, she was my best friend.

I walked over to the cupboard and grabbed out a packet of Frosties ceral. I'm addicted to this stuff, literally.

I felt Leah's eyes on me.

"What?" I said.

"You know what Hailes."

I turned around slowly.

"What?" I said louder, looking her dead in the eye.

"Last night." said another voice, Jake. He was leaning against the doorway, watching me.

Without a shirt on. Woah, that boy had abs.

Wait, what?

"Last night, didn't happen. I was dreaming." I said slowly.

Leah and Jake both looked at the floor.

I grabbed onto the bench and held it tightly. I felt like I was suffocating. I couldn't get in enough air and my legs were wobbly.

Suddenly I heard voices...

*FLASHBACK*

"God Hailey, go die. Nobody likes you, you ugly slut!" Tori shoved me into the lockers as she walked past.

"Yeah, you idiot!" Jason sneered at me.

They were all around me, laughing, calling me names, pushing me. I was on the floor, crying, they were still taunting me.

"STOP!" I cried, my voice breaking.

*FLASHBACK END*

"Hailey? Hailey!" Leah shook my shoulders and I snapped back to reality.

My breathing was short and sharp and it took a few seconds to realise I wasn't in that hall anymore.

Jake was watching me, probably looking for weakness. I snorted and stood up straight, to my full height of 5"4.

I looked him dead in the eye, something no one else in the pack would ever do.

"Listen to me and listen to me carefully, Jake Ryan Pierce because I am only going to say this once. I am never, ever going back there and as much as I owe you and this pack for taking me in, you can't make me go." I said in a low deadly voice.

Leah looked uneasy. She looked at me first, then Jake.

"I'll leave you two alone" she said quietly before disapearing.

He walked over to me and I looked down at the floor. I might be his best friend, but he was also the alpha and sometimes, I forgot that.

I expected him to yell at me, to hit me or kick me out of the pack or something.

Instead, he put his arms around me.

Huh?

Jake's P.O.V: 

"...and as much as I owe you and this pack for taking me in, you can't make me go" she finished.

It broke my heart. She was trying to be tough around Leah but I knew that she was trying hard not to break.

I spoke to Leah through the mind link.

"Leah, I need to talk to her. Please leave."

"Jake, I know you're the alpha but she's my best friend. Let me stay."

I sighed inwardly. Leah was like Hailey, stubborn.

"Go. now. That's an order."

She looked between me and Hailey.

"I'll leave you two alone" she said and threw me a dirty glance on her way out.

I started walking over to Hailey and she dropped her glare, her whole bodying tensing.

I put my arms around her and after a few seconds, I felt her relax.

"Why aren't you yelling at me?" She whispered.

I breathed in her scent.

"Hailes, you're my best friend." God, how I wanted her to be more. But I continued.

"I would never yell at you. That day I found you in the woods, it was the worst day of my life, seeing you like that. I know what they did and said to you, but you have us now and you don't owe us anything, you're family." I said into her ear.

She pulled back slightly and I saw tears in her eyes.

"Aww, is Hailes going to cry?" I teased

She smacked me on my chest. "No!" She said indignantly.

I smiled at her and she smiled back.

"So..will you come?"

She hesitated before nodding.

"Good" I smiled.

Our eyes locked and suddenly my heart raced, my face felt hot and more than anything, I wanted to grab her by the shoulders and kiss her.

I broke away from her, I couldn't do that to Hailey, she didn't feel that for me.

She looked at me, confused and titled her head to the side, silently asking what was wrong.

"Nothing. I just remembered I need to pick up Carter, he called me from some girls place and needs me to go pick him up." I said quickly, forcing a smile.

She rolled her eyes and nodded, smirking.

Carter was like the boy equilavent of well....a slut. He was with a different girl every night and he usually got so drunk, he didn't know where he was. He hadn't found his mate yet and it was killing him so he tried to cover it up. But everyone still loved him because when he wasn't drunk or having sex he was sweet, smart and considerate.

I waved goodbye and picked up my keys and a spare shirt.

She waved and turned around to keep eating.

It took everything I had to walk out the door.

Hailey's P.O.V

After Jake hugged me, I felt alot better but something was up with him. He suddenly blushed and his heart rate skyrocketed...I heard it. Maybe he's sick? Hmm, I frowned slightly.

As he picked up his keys I couldn't help stare at his six pack.

Yum. Hot.

Wait...excuse me? brain, that's Jake. Your best friend. Ew.

But wow, his abs.

I face palmed myself. Again, Hailey, ew! I told myself.

I waved goodbye to Jake and turned back to my Frosties and grinned evily.

"You delicious frosted cornflakes, ARE GOING TO BE EATEN!" I said pointing a spoon at them.

Parker, another pack member walked past the kitchen and shook his head, smirking.

"Parker! I saw that you retard!" I yelled.

"It's not my fault you're weird!" He yelled back.

I laughed. This kind of teasing was okay, I knew he didn't mean it...but when I got back, I wondered what would happen.

Not going to be pretty..that's for sure.

________________________________________________________

Hey everyone! I am so sorry for not updating, I thought no one was reading :P But anyway, I'm going to upload another chapter or two very soon! Also, I'm starting a One Direction fanfiction and I want to know....should there be a bromance in there? Niam? Ziall? Larry? Liam? (Louis and Liam) Hayn? Who? :) Okay, so that's all for now...buh bye!

-Holly :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

779K 17K 37
19 year old werewolf, Madeline Night has never had life handed to her. When her parents left her at the young age of 7 she learned quickly that she w...
4.1M 71.5K 40
What happens when a girl finally runs away from her abusive past to be free only to run into her mate? And her mate just happens to be an alpha...of...
629K 21.5K 51
I jumped to my feet and punched him in the side. There was hardly an effect. "You're weak" he spat, walking a step closer towards me. I growled as...
61.9K 1.5K 51
She was rejected by her mate His mate died in a fire She went strong cold after her rejection He went crazy after the fire She's a warrior He's an...