Make Me. ~ T.Stark

By xxitssteverogersxx

"I'm gonna need you to shut that mouth of yours before you say something you're gonna regret." "Make me." COM... More

quick a.n.
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty one
twenty two
twenty three
twenty four
twenty five
twenty six
twenty seven
twenty eight
twenty nine
thirty
thirty one
thirty two
thirty three
thirty four
thirty five
thirty six
thirty seven
thirty eight
thirty nine
fourty
fourty one
fourty two
fourty three
fourty four
fourty five
fourty six
fourty seven
fourty eight
fourty nine
fifty
epilogue
sequel
2020 WATTYS

seventeen

37.7K 880 489
By xxitssteverogersxx

"Eye contact is more intimate than the exchange of words will ever be."

Aphrodite Harper.

"Honey, I promised Steve I'd go with him. He needs a friend, now more than ever. Especially since people are angry with him about the Accords." I said, sipping my tea and sitting on the kitchen counter, with Tony standing between my legs.

We found ourselves in this position quite a lot, I guess because it's intimate, and we never really had quality time together.

"I know, I just don't want you to go." Tony sighed, and I gave him a soft smile, putting my tea down and resting my hands on his cheeks.

"I have to. You and Rhodey can stay here and get everyone else to sign the Accords while I'm gone." I said, kissing his nose softly.

He smiled, but tried to hide it.

Tony secretly loved little things like that, but he'd never admit it.

"I'm not sure Sam and Wanda will sign though. Steve definitely won't."

"Don't worry about Steve right now, just focus on Sam and Wanda." I said, and he nodded.

"So you're going to London for the funeral and then coming back?" Tony asked, giving me puppy dog eyes.

I sighed, shaking my head.

"No, remember I agreed to go with Nat afterwards to sign the Accords in Vienna. You can come, if you'd like?" I offered, and Tony looked in thought, before shaking his head.

"That's okay, I'll stay here and deal with a few things while you're gone." He said, and I smiled.

"Good," I said, kissing his forehead. "Be productive outside of your suits while I'm gone."

"No promises." Tony joked, and I giggled.

"I'll tell Friday to lock your door closed so you can't get in." I playfully teased him, and he gasped.

"You wouldn't."

"If Friday tells me you're spending all your time in there then I will." I said seriously, and then smiled at him.

"You'll be okay though, right?" I asked, and Tony nodded, kissing me softly.

"Of course. Don't worry about me." He said, and I looked at him lovingly.

"Good." I said, sliding off the counter, and finishing the rest of my tea.

"I better get changed and grab my bag. Happy is picking me up in ten minutes." I told Tony, and he nodded, following me to our room.

He took my suitcase, placing it by the door before sitting on the bed.

"What are you doing?" I asked, taking my ugg boots off.

"Watching my girlfriend get undressed. Is that a problem, darling?" Tony asked, and I laughed, shaking my head.

"Watch away."

"That's what I like to hear." Tony smirked, and I playfully rolled my eyes before pulling Tony's hoodie off, and sliding my track pants down my legs.

I pulled some high waisted black slacks on, pairing it with a silk black dress shirt.

I tucked it in the waistband of my pants, securing it tightly with a black belt and a golden buckle.

I topped off the outfit with some slick heeled boots, and matched my belt with some gold earrings and necklaces.

"You look beautiful, honey." Tony said, hugging my from behind and lightly kissing my neck.

I smiled at the contact, looking at him in the mirror.

"How did I get so lucky?" I asked, and Tony smiled at me though the mirror.

"I'm the lucky one."

"Miss Harper, Happy is at the front door for you." Friday said, interrupting the moment, and I smiled, stepping out of Tony's grasp.

"Thankyou Friday." I said, watching Tony grab my suitcase and exit the bedroom.

"I hope you have a lovely trip, given the circumstances, Miss Harper."

"Thankyou Friday. See you in a few days." I said to the A.I, leaving the room to meet Tony and Happy on the front deck.

Happy took my suitcase and walked to the car, and I turned to Tony.

"I'll see you soon. Don't do anything I wouldn't do while I'm gone." I said, taking his hand and kissing him softly.

"Noted and considered. Call me when the plane lands?"

"Of course." I said, giving him one last kiss and walking over to the car, sitting down and buckling myself in.

Tony stood on the deck, waving at me until I couldn't see him anymore.

"How are you today, Aphrodite?" Happy asked, and I smiled.

"I'm alright, thankyou. How are you?" I asked, and he gave me a look through the mirror.

"The same."

"Good to hear that, Happy."

•••

Happy took my suitcase out of the boot, bidding me farewell and driving away, leaving me at the private airport.

Tony had organised for Steve and I to take a private Stark Industries jet, which I was very thankful for.

I could never complain about free champagne.

"Hey Dite." Steve greeted me on the tarmac, giving me a quick hug.

"Hey Cap, how are you?" I asked, and he shrugged.

"I'm okay. Thanks for coming, I really appreciate it." Steve said, and I gave him a smile.

"Anytime Steve, really. Let's get on board."

Steve let me walk up the jet stairs first, and we buckled in next to eachother.

I'm too lucky to have these guys in my life.

"Complimentary champagne?" The hostess asked, and I smiled, thanking her as I took a glass.

"So, can't get drunk?" I asked Steve, and he shook his head.

"Not since the serum, no."

"That sucks." I hummed, taking a sip, smiling.

This was nice champagne.

Mental note to thank Tony later.

"It's alright. We have some time to kill, what should we do?" Steve asked, and I giggled.

"21 questions?" I asked, and he nodded.

"Favourite colour?" He asked, and I tapped my chin in thought.

"Red. Favourite member of the Avengers?" I asked, wiggling my eyebrows.

Steve chuckled, shaking his head.

"I'm not answering that."

"You gotta!" I exclaimed, hitting his shoulder lightly.

"It'll just stay between us anyway." I shrugged, and Steve sighed.

"Nat or Sam."

I let out a fake offended gasp, making Steve laugh.

"What about you? You can't say Tony though." Steve said, and I shrugged.

"I would say you, but you didn't say me. So, Rhodey." I laughed, sipping my champagne.

"I'm offended." Steve pretended to be upset, and I rolled my eyes.

"Welcome to the club, pal."

"Alright, favourite era? Your era or this one?" I asked, and Steve looked to be in thought, before shrugging.

"Both for different reasons."

I knew I wouldn't get a proper answer out of him, so I let it slide.

"Favourite thing about Tony?" Steve asked, and I smiled.

"He cares about everyone so deeply. He just doesn't like to show his feelings." I admitted, and Steve nodded.

"I believe that."

"Alright, favourite ability out of all the Avengers?" I asked, and Steve chuckled.

"Good question. Thor I think." Steve said, and then tapped his chin.

"What's your favourite element to bend?" He asked, and I giggled, sipping my drink.

"Excellent question Cap. Fire." I answered quickly, and I could tell Steve wanted to know why, so I elaborated.

"I don't bend fire very often because of how dangerous it is, but it's beautiful and ferocious. It's untamed and scary. It's everything in one element and I respect that I can hold the power to manipulate it."

"Very wise." Steve smiled, and I grinned at him.

"Alright Steve, this stays between us but," I began, looking into his eyes.

"You nudged Mjolnir. I saw it. What happened?" I asked, and Steve shrugged.

"It just wouldn't move. I felt the tug, and gave up just incase I would actually be able to move it. I don't think I could though."

"Interesting. Maybe something is blocking you from being worthy enough? Do you have any deep, dark secrets?" I asked, and Steve immediately looked away from me.

"You do!" I exclaimed, and Steve quickly shook his head.

"No I don't. It's my turn to ask a question." Steve said, trying to change the topic.

"You're a terrible liar. Ask away, Cap." I allowed him to change the subject, and I could tell he relaxed.

"Least favourite ability in the group?" He asked.

I knew he wasn't trying to get dirt on me, he was genuinely curious, so I shrugged.

"Probably Rhodey. I love him, but he's a different kind of Iron Man. That's totally cool, and I respect it, but if I had to pick one, probably Rhodey." I rambled, trying to make it seem like I wasn't shitting on the War Machine.

"It's cool, I know what you mean." Steve said reassuringly, and I smiled.

"So, apart from Peggy, anyone special in your life?" I asked, since it was my turn.

Steve blushed lightly, and I let out a squeal, pinching his cheek.

"Cute!"

"It's not like that!" Steve quickly defended himself, and I laughed, sipping my drink.

"Sure it's not. Secret's safe with me, Cap."

•••

I watched from the front seats of the cathedral as the pallbearers carried Peggy Carter's coffin down the aisle, towards the front of the church.

Steve was chosen as a pallbearer, and I could tell, even from this distance, that he had been crying.

A candle burned by the framed photograph of Peggy, standing proudly in a military uniform.

She was beautiful.

Steve took a seat next to me while I examined her features, and I placed a hand on his knee silently.

"Now, I would like to invite Sharon Carter to come up and say a few words." The priest said, and I watched as a blonde woman stepped up to the podium.

Why did she look familiar?

I nudged Steve lightly, and gestured to the stand, making Steve look at the woman.

Sharon and Steve locked eyes, making me smirk to myself.

They knew eachother.

"Margaret Carter was known to most as a founder of SHIELD, but I just knew her as Aunt Peggy." Sharon began her speech, and I heard Steve suck in a breath.

"Surprising?" I whispered to him, and he nodded, still staring at Sharon.

"She had a photograph in her office. Aunt Peggy standing next to JFK. As a kid, that was pretty cool, but it was a lot to live up to, which is why I never told anyone we were related." Sharon explained, and I nodded.

Makes sense.

She locked eyes with Steve again, and continued talking.

"I asked her once how she managed to master diplomacy and espionage in a time when no one wanted to see a woman succeed at either, and she said, compromise where you can. Where you can't, don't."

Peggy seemed like a smart woman, no wonder Steve loved her so much.

"Even if everyone is telling you that something wrong is something right. Even if the whole world is telling you to move, it is your duty to plant yourself like a tree, look them in they eye and say 'No, you move'."

I tuned out for the rest of her speech, staring between Sharon and Steve, monitoring their facial expressions and body language.

How strange.

Then I realised.

Once the funeral finished, Steve and I watched everyone leave, electing to stay in the altar for a moment of closure.

"It's her isn't it? When I asked you if there was someone special, you though of her?" I asked, and Steve nodded a little bit.

"She's beautiful. Sharon was my neighbour for a while, she's an Agent at SHIELD. She helped me when I found out Bucky was alive."

I nodded, and was about to ask more about her, but I was interrupted by the sound of footsteps. I turned around to see Nat in a black dress and blazer, smiling slightly at me.

Steve payed no mind, and stared at the floor, but addressed us.

"When I came out of the ice, I thought everyone I had known was gone."

"Steve-" I said sadly, but he held a hand up, cutting me off.

"Then I found out that she was alive. I was just lucky to have her."

"She had you back, too." Nat said reassuringly, and Steve looked up at her.

"Who else signed?" He asked, and it was that moment I remembered the Accords.

"Tony, Rhodey and Vision." She told him, and he looked sad.

"Clint?"

Nat shook her head, smiling slightly.

"Says he's retired."

"Wanda?"

"To be determined." Nat said, then looked at me.

"Aphrodite and I are about to head off to Vienna for the signing of the Accords. There's plenty of room on the jet." She said, offering him a seat.

"It's not too late to come with us." I said, leaning my head on his shoulder comfortingly.

Steve sighed, resting his head on top of mine, making Nat smile a little.

"Just because it's the path of least resistance doesn't mean it's the wrong path." She said to Steve, and I nodded.

"Staying together is more important than how we stay together." She pointed out.

"What are we giving up to do it?" Steve shot back, and Nat sighed.

Steve lifted his head from mine, and shook it.

"I'm sorry girls. I can't sign it." He sighed, and Nat gave me a sad look.

"We know." I said, and Steve gave me a confused look.

"Then what are you doing here?" He asked, and I smiled at him.

"We didn't want you to be alone." Nat said simply, and pulled him in for a hug.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

42.1K 1K 11
{Steve Rogers x Diana Prince} The Avengers
2.7K 143 46
[Thor Ragnarok] [Avengers Infinity War] [Avengers Endgame]
692K 20.6K 62
You know the drill P.S: Sorry for the grammatical errors. English is not my first language.
422 43 11
"𝐨𝐡 𝐠𝐨𝐝" 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐟𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐢𝐬𝐧'𝐭 𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐲𝐞𝐭 𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐭𝐭 𝐡𝐚𝐬 𝐭𝐨 𝐛𝐞 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐲 𝐭𝐨 𝐠𝐢𝐯𝐞 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠...