Cigarettes

By unstable_husky

Bora sighed, tears streaming down her face as she signed the document. She turned her head away as Siyeon mad... More

Smoke
[TW] No, Never
Small World
Help
[TW] Revelation
[TW] Goodbye
[TW] How It All Began
[TW] How It All Ended
[TW] Melody
Hurt and Tragedy
[TW] Regret and Guilt
Decisions
Heartbreak
Time
Awake
Home
A Painful Promise
A Kiss
Songs For You
[M] One More Chance
[TW] Friends and Enemies
[TW] The Past
[TW] Resolve
You and I
Promise
Me After You

[TW] Every Day, Every Moment

419 35 7
By unstable_husky

Siyeon paced around the hallway after they received news about Bora's transfer to the ICU. A glass window separated them from the sleeping woman, tubes were stuck to her frail body.

"Siyeon," Minji began, about to place her hand on the wolf's shoulder only to be brushed off.

"Don't," Siyeon huffed,"I'm going to Phil,"

She then turned on her heel as she stormed out the building, Yoohyeon hot on her heels.

"Let me drive for you," Yoohyeon insisted, panting.

Siyeon gave her a shrug as she got in the passengers seat, giving Yoohyeon a signal to hurry up and drive.

Minutes passed when Yoohyeon successfully parked the car outside of Handong's house, the wolf immediately running for the doorbell.

Handong appeared after she quickly opened the door, accidentally yelling out a curse as Siyeon hastily stormed inside.
The wolf looked every way. She quickly climbed up the stairs and opened every single room as Yoohyeon mumbled a quick apology to the poor woman, chasing after Siyeon.

"Phil?" Siyeon panted, her figure standing on the last, open door. The boy greeted her with a furrow of the eyebrows as he held the huge elephant plush toy with both hands.

"No," Phil shook his head,"Don't come near me,"

"What?" Siyeon cocked her head to the side as she took small steps toward the boy, to which the latter replied with violence since a toy car flew straight to Siyeon's forehead. An open wound on her forehead due to the contact.

"PHIL!" Yoohyeon scolded,"Don't do that,"

"But she was at fault!" Phil cried, hiding behind the plush toy,"It's her fault mommy Borwa is dying!"

Siyeon flinched at the boy's words, her gaze softened as her face showed signs of emotional pain. She stood silent, painfully looking at her adopted child.

"It's your fault!" Phil shouted as he began throwing more objects at the woman, Yoohyeon quickly taking the last object from his hand as she attempted to calm him down.

"Phil," Yoohyeon sighed,"Do not do that ever again,"

Siyeon shook her head, a small, painful smile plastered on her face as she began speaking.

"Do you want to see her?" She quietly asked,"And I think she would love that plush toy too,"

"I want to," Phil sobbed,"But only if you're not there,"

"Okay," Siyeon nodded,"I'll stay at home. You can go see her,"

Upon stuffing her hands in her pockets, she slowly walked out of the house as she stuck her gaze to the ground.
Yoohyeon quickly apologized to both people before going back to the car. She found the wolf sitting there, her gaze distant as Yoohyeon herself started to drive.

Once they arrived at Siyeon's huge house, the wolf quickly shut herself in her room. Yoohyeon sighed as she decided to give the woman some space. She then drove back to Handong's house to pick up Phil, driving to the hospital afterwards where Minji waited.

Yoohyeon held Phil's tiny hand with her left hand as she carried the elephant plush toy with the other. She made her way to Bora's room, Minji perking up as she caught sight of the duo.

"Hello there," Minji smiled as she looked at Phil,"You must be Phil,"

"Hello," Phil greeted as he hid behind Yoohyeon's legs.

"I'm Minji," The therapist chirped,"I'm a good friend of your mom,"

"Minji...u?" Phil blinked,"JiiiiU?"

"You can call me that," Minji chuckled,"I'm JiU now,"

Yoohyeon then proceeded to carry the boy on her arms as she handed the plush toy over to Minji. Phil's hands met the glass as he looked at the sleeping figure of his mom. Tears immediately began pouring as he called out his mother's name.

"Mommy Borwa," He cried,"Please don't go to gramma and granpa yet,"

He sniffled as he lay his head on the glass, his eyes never leaving Bora,"I want mommy to see me grow into a policeman,"

"I want mommy to see me catch all the bad guys,"

Yoohyeon looked at the boy as a lone tear escaped from her eye, she smiled as she planted a motherly kiss on his cheek.

"She will be okay," Yoohyeon whispered,"Your mom is strong,"

~~~

Meanwhile, Siyeon lay on her oversized bed while she held Bora's phone on her hand. The small device repeatedly emitting a cheerful, familiar voice as Siyeon called the phone over and over again, which led to Bora's voicemail going on repeat.

Siyeon let out a shaky laugh as Bora's voice echoed throughout the room. She was at fault for Bora's current situation, and she wasn't denying it. Sure, she didn't want it to happen. But she knew better.

She succumbed to her dark thoughts that day, an action she was very regretful for.

A few more repeated voicemail recordings later, she stumbled upon old photos and videos inside Bora's gallery. Some were photos of herself, some of food, some of elephants and some of her favorite band, DAY6. But what took the majority of the phone space were photos of Siyeon and Phil.

A small laugh escaped Siyeon's lips when she played a video from a few years ago. She watched as Phil happily rode on her back, a toy sword on his hand as he played prince.

Siyeon watched a few more videos before completely bursting into frustrated, painful tears as she miserably curled up on her bed.

Bora was in the ICU, Yoohyeon and Minji were busy looking after Bora in the hospital, and Phil started to resent her.

She closed her eyes, desperately wishing for Bora's presence as the loneliness started to completely engulf her.

There was no one to talk to.

There was no one to hug.

There was no one to touch

There was no one to laugh with.

Alone.

She was all alone in a massive household.

Siyeon thought about the time Bora went homeless. How the poor woman didn't have anyone or anything but herself to rely on. She asked herself how Bora handled the isolation, the loneliness.

And then it clicked.

She deserved it.

She deserved to feel that way, since she was the cause of Bora's hardships. She was the cause of her pain, her tears.

And so Siyeon decided to embrace the pain. She lay there, unmoving as she pulled a lone pillow close to her. Her brain unconsciously thinking of it as her lover, Bora.

"My love," Siyeon sobbed,"I'm sorry,"

She snuggled on the soft pillow as she reminisced more about their past.

More about how Bora lived an unhealthy, painful childhood after her parents' passing.

~~~

"Kim Bora?" The teacher called out, a gentle smile on her face,"It's your turn,"

Bora stood up, all eyes glued on her as Siyeon whispered a quick goodluck, pumping her fist which earned a soft giggle from Bora.
She soon arrived at the front of the class, pulling out a piece of paper . Then she began to speak.

"My dad was a businessman at a plush toy company. My mom worked from home, she-," Bora began, but was interrupted by a loud, boisterous laughter coming from the back of the room.

"Dad and mom, huh?" The person cackled,"You're lying, you don't have those,"

"These are all true!" Bora debunked, her hands balling into fists as she defended herself,"My mom and dad really did these before they-,"

"Mom and dad my ass!" The person rolled their eyes as they smirked at the poor girl,"What? You gonna cry?"

"Stop it, this instant!" The teacher reprimanded, hand on her hips.

Bora's eyes glistened with tears as she glared at the person,"You'll pay for this,"

"And what're ya gonna do?" The person scoffed, a smug expression on their face,"Tell mommy and daddy? Oh, you don't have those!"

The person laughed once more with the class joining in, but all was stopped when a sharp fist collided with the person's face. Sending them sprawling on the ground as they writhed in pain.

"LEE SIYEON!"

"Don't you dare mock her," Siyeon snarled, her nostrils flaring as she clenched her fists,"You don't know what she's been through,"

"LEE SIYEON, COME TO THE PRINCIPAL'S OFFICE THIS INSTANT,"

Several hours passed and Bora was on her way out the school gates. The path was not an easy one since several students mocked her on the way. Some spat on her shoes, some intentionally shoved her, some laughed at her.

Upon reaching the gates, Bora spotted a familiar face waiting for her just outside the campus.

"Si," She whispered, pursing her lips as the girl turned to face her.

"Come on, let's go home,"

Hours passed and it was time for bed. Siyeon had just finished washing up. She then dragged herself along the hallway, yawning as she scratched her sleepy eyes.

Upon arriving at the door of her room, she could hear sniffles coming from inside. She slowly opened the door to be greeted by darkness. Her hand switched open the lamp as her gaze landed on a shaking Bora.

Panicked and concerned, she quickly sat beside the figure.

"Hey," Siyeon whispered as she placed a hand on the girl's back.

Bora was hiding her face, and she seemed to be clutching something with her hands.

"Si," Bora sobbed,"Si, help me,"

"What's wrong?" Siyeon asked, frowning,"Is it because of earlier?"

The girl sat up turning to face Siyeon as she showed the small piece of wood she was holding.

"My parents," Bora coughed as she held the family picture,"Is there any way to get them back...?"

Siyeon's heart fell as she glanced at the photo.

"I would give anything," Bora sobbed hard,"I just want them back,"

"Bora...," Siyeon muttered under her breath as her own eyes started to glisten with tears,"I'm sorry,"

~~~

Days passed and Bora was back to her stable condition. Her room was transferred to the normal one, where visitors were allowed to have direct contact with her like before.

Siyeon was able to finally visit her after a while, she hasn't been to the hospital ever since the painful encounter with Phil.

She held Bora's soft hand in hers, a light smile playing on her lips as Minji and Yoohyeon looked at them with worry.

"I wrote one of his songs," Siyeon began, instantly getting the attention of the two,"It was a few years into dating Bora that I wrote it,"

"She was the full inspiration behind it," She added, her thumb gently stroking the back of Bora's hand,"It explains the all the feelings I have for her,"

"It explains our story and our relationship,"

Minji cocked her head to the side as she unlocked her phone, her eyes scanning the song list as she lifted her head up to look at the wolf.

"Who sang it?" She asked, curious.

"Paul Kim," Siyeon quickly replied, the same smile on her lips,"Every Day, Every Moment,"

"No way," Yoohyeon swallowed,"PAUL KIM?"

Siyeon nodded in response,"I always sang it to Bora,"

"And I shall do that now,"

The two nodded as Siyeon started humming, the hums soon turning into actual song lyrics as time progressed.

Siyeon put all her heart and soul into singing the song. Since it was meant for Bora, and Bora only. It was never for anyone else, not herself, not Yoohyeon, not Minji, but only Bora.

Will I be able to smile without you?
Just thinking about it makes me cry
The person who protected me throughout my hard times
Now I will protect you

She thought about how her day was automatically made at the mere sight of Bora. How Bora defended her from her own parents. How she befriended her. How she wanted to be the one protecting Bora next. And how she got several suspensions because of that.

Your embrace was always warm
It was my only resting place at the end of my long days

She then thought about how warm her embrace was. How it felt like home, the only resting place there could ever be. How she would always want to be wrapped around Bora's arms.

You alone are enough for me

She then smiled at the thought that Bora alone was enough for her.

Because there's no need for words, I know by your eyes
Flowers bloom and wither

Although she can't form the words, they both were aware of that. They both were aware that they only needed each other as they lived in a world full of cruel people. And they were both aware that they may come and go, but they would always stay by each other's side.

Every day, every moment, let's be together

And so Siyeon wanted to express her feeling of wanting to be always by her side, together. And that was when she got the idea for the song. Her strong feelings toward Bora ignited her song writing skills and led her to produce a soft ballad which was now sung by a famous artist.

They were shining like the sun
Your eyes when you looked at me

She remembered how she slowly softened up to Bora, and how the woman would always smile brightly at her. Her bright smile reached her eyes, something that doesn't appear quite often with other people.

I was so happy I thought it was a dream
Each moment was so dazzling

Memories of how she would always try to suppress a wide smile everytime Bora beamed at her appeared in her head. She just couldn't resist the butterflies in her stonach everytime Bora smiled at her.

In my anxious and suffering life
You came to me like a ray of light and made me smile

She remembered her first encounter with Bora, a smile appearing on her face as she passionately sang the song. She remembered how she tried to push Bora away but the woman was too persistent and stubborn she actually ended up confiding her problems to the girl. It was the darkest moment Siyeon ever had in her whole life, and Bora just happened to come by and help her genuinely smile once again.

You alone are enough for me
Because there's no need for words, I know by your eyes
Flowers bloom and wither
Every day, every moment, let's be together

She repeated the chorus once again as she dove deeper into the song, her voice emitting more passion and emotion than before. Her thum gently drawing circles on the sleeping woman's hand as Siyeon smiled.

The future is unknown
But each moment of being in your arms
I wish it would last forever

She reminisced about how Bora and herself coincidentally proposed to each other at the same time. Siyeon was still afraid of commitment even after being in a relationship for years, she knew she could trust Bora. She knew that the woman would never hurt her. And so she expressed her wish of being with the person forever. Until they both grow old.

I'll go to you when the breeze feels nice
I'll go to you on sunny days
Just like the day you first came to me

Siyeon began to shed tears, as she kept singing. Her gaze lovingly focused on Bora's sleeping features as she sqheezed her hand. She thought about how she would love to spend more happy days with her. How she would love and want to make more memories with her. How Bora was always her go-to person everytime she needed something, anything. How she would always be there for her too when Bora needed anything.

Every day, every moment, let's be together

As she sang the last line, her arms immediately wrapped around Bora's still figure. Her hands tightly gripping the cloth covering Bora's skin as her tears landed on her hospital gown, Yoohyeon gently patting her back as a sign of comfort.

"Bora," Siyeon began, voice filled with resolve,"I will wait for you,"

"I promise,"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21.9K 1.5K 83
This story is a vampire/ werewolf au. Where reader is a werewolf and has arranged marriage with a vampire. The vampire happened to be Dami from dream...
2.4K 168 5
Minji was the owner of a very financially unstable coffee shop. They barely got any customers and if it kept going like this, they would eventually h...
16.8K 1.1K 34
Yoohyeon can't stand being her Dad's puppet anymore so she ran away for a day. Feeling hopeless after getting drunk she randomly knocked on one of th...
8.5K 368 25
What happens when two lovers decided to head to a hotel filled with beautiful girls with strong feelings? ...Chaos, death, and destruction, if you we...