A new beginning?

By Silvy-Moon

What if Sonic kept a closer eye on Mr. Tinker and Metal Sonic in the IDW comics. In this story, Eggman actual... More

PROLOGUE
Chap 2: Who was Eggman?
Chap 3: Fixed Metal
Chap 4: To Take Care of Someone
Chap 5: Double Trouble
Author's note

Chap 1: Friends and Bot

877 19 3
By Silvy-Moon

So far, everything is going smoothly. Sonic is happily living with the amnesiac former villain, Mr. Tinker, and Tails will soon move in with them. They have a problem however. Metal Sonic. They took him to the kitsune's lab and now, they have no idea how to deal with him. This is the reason Tails hasn't move in with Sonic yet since they are still unsure of how the former doctor is going to act or react.

The hedgehog is on the roof, trying to think of a plan when a plump man shows up.

"Sonic, can I talk to you for a second?"

The sudden voice snapped the blue blur back to reality. He looks at the amnesiac mechanic who decides to sit next to him.

"What it's up? Is something wrong?"

The man looks forward and fidgets with his fingers, seemingly finding the right words to say.

"Well... I can tell something is really bothering you. And was curious but I don't really know how to say this properly so I'll just get to the point. So, what's on your mind? And don't tell me it's nothing."

Tinker looks at his quilted acquaintance who is look at the ground below. Perhaps he made a mistake asking the speed demon? Something in side him is telling him that the hedgehog being quiet is something... unnatural. He has no idea why he thinks that. Suddenly, an idea pops in his head. Slowly, he reaches out and gently strokes Sonic's head. This catches the anthro's attention. The former doctor quickly pulls his hand back.

"Sorry. I just figured that that might be comforting? I don't know."

Mr. Tinker stands up to live when Sonic calls him.

"Thanks for that. Also, would you mind if we go and visit Tails?"

The doctor looks back and smiles.

"I wouldn't mind. It may be a good opportunity to finally meet your best friend."

Sonic notifies his little brother about Mr. Tinker joining him for a visit and they speed up down the mountains to a humble house in a thick forest not far from the famed Green Hill Zone. The pair had to take the long route through the thick trees to avoid being seen as Mr. Tinker is still a secret. It took a while but they were able to creep to the front door. A twin tailed fox opens the door and gives the two an awkward smile.

"Hey there Sonic and umm... Mr. Tinker."

He gives the man a small wave.

"It is a pleasure to finally meet you Tails!"

The cheerful plump mechanic reaches his hand to the young fox. With a bit of hesitation, the fox shakes the man's hand.

"So... we should probably head inside."

Tails nods and moves out of the way to let the two in. Tinker happily walks in while Sonic trails behind him wearily. The kitsune leads them to the living room and he grabs some snacks for their guest.

"Make yourself at home sir. I just need to talk to Sonic for a bit. We'll be back in a bit."

Quickly, the fox grabs Sonic and takes him to the kitchen.

"I know you said you'll bring him here but what is your plan exactly? I know you didn't just bring him here to meet me. Especially with Metal Sonic here."

Tails crosses his arms and leans on the countertop. Sonic smiles and rubs the back of his head as sweat drops from his face. The fox raises a brow.

"I want him to see Metal Sonic."

The kitsune's eyes widen as he processes the words Sonic uttered.

"WHAT! Are you crazy! It's bad enough that we are fixing Metal and you deciding to live with him. But to give Metal what he is asking for!"

He felt like screaming but he knows that their guest can't know what they are talking about. The azure hedgehog lets out a sight.

"Okay, I know it sound stupid but hear me out. We can't keep an eye on the two separately, we have to keep them in the same place. If they already know of each other, we won't have to explain to Tinker why we've been hiding him for so long and Metal won't escape and look for Eggman because he is already here. Besides, Metal will follow what ever Tinker tells him and the guy is practically harmless."

He tries his best to explain his plan to the kit. Tails thinks for a moment if this is a good idea, he sighs and gives the speedster a small smile.

"Fine. Let's see how he will react. If anything happens, it's on you."

The pair walks out of the kitchen a head to the living room to find Tinker looking at their old photos on a shelf. He is holding a group photo of Sonic and his friends after the events of Sonic Forces. The azure hedgehog creeps behind the plump man.

"Yo Mr. Tinker!"

Suddenly, Mr. Tinker jumps from the voice behind him. This cause him to nearly drop the picture and scream. Tails sinkers from behind.

"Sonic! I nearly dropped this picture! Also, maybe gave me a heart attack!"

The flabbergasted man leaned on the shelf for support. He place the photo back on a shelf. A hedgehog and a fox starts laughing hysterically. At first, the man gives them an annoyed look but he soon starts to laugh. Removing his signature blue glasses to wipe of tears on his eyes, revealing his vermilion eyes with eerie black sclera. Sonic notices the his eyes and stops laughing but still keeps whizzing.

"Huh. Didn't notice you have red eyes. Cool!"

He gives the man a thumbs up an takes a deep breath to calm down. Tails takes a deep breath as well and gives the man a small smile. Tinker gives the two a big smile and puts on his glasses back.

"Anyways, we want to show you show you something before I stay with you guys."

Tails grabs the man's arm and pulls him in front of a room with a metal door. Sonic opens it and a broken Metal Sonic hangs from several wires, inactive. The Tinker's jaw drops and the golden fox slowly pulls him closer. He is now in front of the machine and inspects it, not noticing that Tails has let go of his arm and is now on a computer. The speed demon stands beside the man, watching his every movement.

"I'm gonna activate him."

Tails pushes a button. Bright blood red eyes flicker and they look directly at the robot's former master. The plump man is speechless. A feeling of deja vu hit him and he hold his head. Sonic takes a deep breath and smiles.

"Morning sunshine! Take it easy, you-"

Metal Sonic suddenly lunges to attack the blue blur but Tinker is able to grab the bot. He is lifted off the ground by the former doctor.

"Wow take it easy there. No hurting anyone."

The broken machine stops moving and process what he heard. He looks at his former master and then back at a smirking blue hedgehog.

"This is Metal Sonic he is one of the more evil robots and the one led the badniks back at Windmill. We were thinking on keeping an eye on him since he is an AI and can possibly be good and not harm others. Most of his damaged parts are taken care of but still relatively harmless."

Tails explains and walks next to Sonic. Metal starts moving again and stares at the hedgehog. He made some static noises and seemingly glares at the blue blur. The kitsune and the confused plump man look at each other, not under standing what he is saying.

"Look Metal, already checked and this is now the life he chose. We didn't persuade him to stop being evil. Actually, we just found him like this. So we have nothing to do with it."

Sonic shrugs and smiles. The bot tries to get out of the man's hold but is unable to. He made more static noises.

"Look, Eggman is gone, at least the one that wants to conquere the world. Just give peace a chance. Besides, he seems happy with his life now."

The blue blur smiles and reaches his hand out. Metal seems to stop struggling and think for a moment. He looks at the man holding him. Then back at Sonic. He reaches out his robotic hand and shakes the hedgehog's hand.

"Tails, I think you need to give him a voice box since I feel like we just missed half a conversation," Tinker said, still carrying the bot.

"Yep. I may need more time to properly fix him so I might not be able to move to windmill today."

Tails went and got his tools and a device. The man place Metal Sonic down but keeps an eye on him. Still not believing that just transpire.

"Tails, be careful," Tinker says as he pets the young fox's head.

Tails went to the computer again. Metal Sonic is now connected to the wires again. Sonic and Tinker left the room and went to the livingroom.

The man sits on the couch and sighs. The azure hedgehog sits next to him. The two sit in silence for seemingly an hour.

"So... Sonic do you mind if I ask you a few questions?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.8M 60.5K 73
In which the reader from our universe gets added to the UA staff chat For reasons the humor will be the same in both dimensions Dark Humor- Read at...
106K 9.3K 111
"You think I'm golden?" "Brighter than the sun, but don't tell Apollo" Dante hates Rome's golden boy. Jason doesn't even remember him. Right person w...
952K 21.8K 49
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
79.7K 1.8K 33
!Uploads daily! Max starts his first year at college. Everything goes well for him and his friends PJ and Bobby until he meets Bradley Uppercrust the...