Cigarettes

By unstable_husky

Bora sighed, tears streaming down her face as she signed the document. She turned her head away as Siyeon mad... More

Smoke
[TW] No, Never
Small World
Help
[TW] Revelation
[TW] Goodbye
[TW] How It All Began
[TW] How It All Ended
[TW] Melody
Hurt and Tragedy
[TW] Regret and Guilt
Decisions
[TW] Every Day, Every Moment
Time
Awake
Home
A Painful Promise
A Kiss
Songs For You
[M] One More Chance
[TW] Friends and Enemies
[TW] The Past
[TW] Resolve
You and I
Promise
Me After You

Heartbreak

408 28 6
By unstable_husky

"I want to quit smoking,"

Yoohyeon nodded, sniffling as fresh tears wouldn't stop coming. At that moment, she lifted her hand up. Her glassy eyes admired the engagement ring as she slowly took it off her finger, returning it to the wolf with a pained expression.

"Yooh," Siyeon frowned,"I'm really sorry,"

"Don't be," Yoohyeon chuckled,"I had a choice and I chose this,"

Siyeon grasped the ring with her hand before bringing it inside her pocket. She then got up, signalling Yoohyeon to do the same as they were to go home.

Yoohyeon offered Siyeon to drive her home, which she did. Only that it was Siyeon's car she was driving, so she had to leave it there soon.

"Yooh, stay for the night," Siyeon suggested, worry on her face.

"It's okay, I can manage," Yoohyeon replied, which didn't convince the wolf.

"Come on, its dark out and its really cold," Siyeon insisted.

"No, no. I'll just call a friend for a lift," Yoohyeon smiled,"I'll come back to stay tomorrow, don't worry,"

"I have to make sure you don't smoke a single stick anyway,"

Siyeon nodded, half convinced as she mumbled a soft goodnight. Closing the door after.
Yoohyeon stood outside the gates, lost and undecided on where to go. Sighing, she pulled out her phone as she walked. Her feet dragged her until she stopped by an open convenience store.

The same convenience store where Bora used to beg at.

She stood at the same spot, leaning against the wall as she scrolled through her contacts. She was hesitant to pick one as it was late night and people might be sleeping. She sighed, accepting her defeat until her gaze landed on a certain name from her list.

Minji

Yoohyeon found it odd that the therapist's contact name was simple unlike the others. She had always put a heart or an animal emoji right next to their names, but Minji's was too simple.

And Minji might just be the person she needed to go to.

With hesitant hands, she pressed the call button and waited as she shifted her weight from one foot to another. The therapist picked up after what seemed like an hour, greeting Yoohyeon with a raspy voice.

"Hey," Minji yawned,"What's up?"

"I need a lift," Yoohyeon replied, anxious.

"Lift? To where?"

"Anywhere. I just need one right now,"

Minji hummed,"Okay, send your location,"

Yoohyeon mumbled a soft "thank you" before hanging up. She sent her location to the therapist and waited. She found herself sitting on the dusty ground and she started dozing off when she felt a hand touch her cheek.

She immediately sprang up on her feet, ready to defend herself when a familiar face stopped her from swinging her hand across the woman's face.

"Whoa, hey!" Minji yelled, startled as she covered her face from an incoming attack.

"Sorry!" Yoohyeon bowed, completely .embarrassed.

"Come on," Minji gently urged as she opened the door to her car, Yoohyeon gave her a nod before going in. Minji closed the door with a hum, plopping on the driver's seat right after.

"So, where to?" Minji looked at the taller woman as she placed her hands on the steering wheel.

"Anywhere," Yoohyeon replied, spacing out.

Minji gave her a look before looking at the road ahead.

"We broke up," Yoohyeon whispered, looking out the window with sad eyes as she pursed her lips,"I need a place to stay for the night too,"

Minji rolled down the windows as she started driving. The ride was silent until Yoohyeon requested songs to be played, which earned a small smile from Minji.

The silver haired woman closed her eyes as she breathed in the fresh air, she rested her chin on the opening of the car's window while she watched the scenery pass.

The view of the city disappeared from their field of vision as an empty highway surrounded by fresh trees appeared. They were at a long bridge.

"Minji...," Yoohyeon huffed as she realized what the latter was doing. Minji smiled in response, her eyes fixated on the road.

"Don't talk to me," The therapist hummed, smiling,"Breathe, take in the scenery, let out your emotions and gather your thoughts,"

Tears stung Yoohyeon's eyes. She let out her emotions as she yelled out loud, the empty highway receiving her pained cries.

"Siyeon," Yoohyeon sobbed, calling out to her ex-lover again and again in the dead of the night.

~~~

Minji parked outside her apartment as she went in the building with the taller woman.

"I'll sleep on the couch so you can spend the night in my room," Minji proposed, anout to go in her own room when Yoohyeon shook her head.

"What?" Yoohyeon swallowed,"I can't do that,"

"You can," Minji insisted as she changed her bed sheets,"The couch is comfy too,"

"Then i'll take the co-,"

"No you won't,"

Minji smiled. Her arms full as she carried her stuff to the living room, making herself comfortable at the couch before feeding a disc to the DVD player.

"What are you doing?" Yoohyeon asked, making her way to the older.

"Gonna watch a movie,"

"Can I join?"

"I don't see why not,"

Yoohyeon sat at the couch, right next to a grinning Minji just as the movie started playing. Minji covered herself in her thick blanket, offering Yoohyeon a part of the material to which she gladly accepted.

There they sat, wrapped up close in a single, warm blanket while their eyes landed on a TV screen playing a chilling movie at the dead of night.
About an hour passed and Minji felt a weight land on her shoulder. She craned her neck and a small smile appeared on her lips as her gaze landed on a sleeping Yoohyeon.

The therapist gently lay the woman on the couch, making sure to tuck her safely under the warm blanket. Once done, she turned off the TV while making sure to not make any noise that could wake the sleeping woman up. She then sat on the plush arm chair as she curled up into another, less warm blanket. Her gaze never leaving leaving Yoohyeon's sleeping figure as she frowned.

I can't. I shouldn't. Not a time like this, Minji thought to herself as she closed her eyes, falling asleep after a few minutes.

Minji woke up the next morning with the smell of cooked bacon. She adjusted her eyes to the bright light coming from the kitchen's ceiling.
There stood Yoohyeon who was happily humming to herself as she cooked the raw strips of bacon.

"You're up," The silver haired girl exclaimed,"Good morning,"

"Mornin'," Minji yawned, sitting in front of the dining table.

"Why didn't you sleep at your room?" Yoohyeon asked as she happily prepared her french toast.

"It would be unfair to you," Minji shrugged, her stomach grumbling as she sniffed the aroma of the food.

Yoohyeon chuckled,"Bacon and toast on the way,"

Minji laughed, defeated as she lay her head on the table. Her eyes admiring the taller woman's back, letting out a frustrated sigh right after.

Damn it, Minji pouted, We're like dating in this situation.

She vigorously shook her head as she mentally shooed her thoughts away, causing Yoohyeon to laugh at her behavior.

"A hungry stomach making you go crazy, huh?" Yoohyeon laughed as she brought the cooked dishes to the table.

I wish it was just that, Minji sighed as she began eating.

Meanwhile at the hospital, Siyeon softly sang a ballad while she held Bora's unmoving hand in hers. Her eyes admired Bora's sleeping features, though it was a situation where she would rather have Bora wake up than be asleep for who knows how long.

Siyeon promised to never step foot in the room if she smoked a stick. She also promised that she would always come by and sing her favorite ballad songs to her, like how she would serenade her back then with her honey voice.

So giving in to the temptation to smoke was not a choice.

She hummed the last few lines of the song as a tear fell on her cheek. Her smile curved into a frown as she sobbed, kissing the back of the woman's hand as she softly cried out her name.

The door gently opened as Yoohyeon walked in, followed by a worried Minji who let out a gasp at the sight of Bora.

"Hey," Siyeon greeted, voice hoarse as she averted her eyes.

Minji went up to the sleeping woman as she mumbled a silent prayer. Once done, she turned to Siyeon as she took in a deep breath.

"Can you tell me stories about you and Bora?" Minji asked as she took a seat next to the black haired woman, Yoohyeon sitting beside her.

"Like how you guys started dating," Minji smiled, makimg herself comfortable as she occasionally glanced at Bora.

"Well," Siyeon glanced at her lover as she smiled.

"B-Bora?" Siyeon gulped as she cautiously looked around,"We might get caught,"

"Don't be such a pussy, Si," Bora laughed as she pulled the girl into a locker room.

School was closed, the lights were out so the two had to walk in the darkness.

Humming a happy tune, Bora opened the glass doors which led to the pool. A squeal immediately leaving her mouth as she took in the sight of crystal clear waters.

"Boraaaa," Siyeon whined as her heart started beating faster with anxiety.

Bora felt the waters, a light smile on her face,"You need to relax, Si,"

She then turned to the wolf, the same smile playing on her lips,"I'm giving you this time to relax. Let loose,"

Bora started playing around the pool, splashing the pool's waters as a bright smile formed on her mouth accompanied by a hearty laugh.

Siyeon slowly walked up to her as Bora began excitedly started jumping up and down while pointinf at the pool.

"Let's dip!" Bora beamed, her eyes sparkling.

"But we might get caught," Siyeon hesitated, pouting.

Bora rolled her eyes as she jumped once more, she leaned over the pool. She studied her reflection as she moved, her foot slipping as her hand instantly grabbed Siyeon's hand.

A loud splash echoed throughout the pool as the two girls accidentally hit the waters. Siyeon's eyes immediately searched for Bora, automatically grabbing the girl's waist as she pulled themselves up.

"Bora!" She yelled, panting,"Are you okay?"

Bora replied with a nod and a small smile as she stared deep into Siyeon's chocolate orbs. Her arms wrapping around the taller's neck as she smiled.

"Si," Bora began,"I like you,"

Siyeon blinked at the sudden confession, her hands remained on Bora's waist as the latter came closer to her. The tips of their noses touching as Siyeon's face heated up.

"B-Bora?"

"I like you, Siyeon,"

Bora sniffled as tears streamed down her cheeks.

"I like like you," She sobbed,"I really like you,"

The wolf felt Bora's breath on her lips due to how close she was. She opened her mouth to speak yet no words came out.

"You've been the realest to me," She continued, a smile on her face,"My only friend. The only person who accepted me ever since my parents' passing,"

"My everything," She stifled a laugh, a genuine smile on her face,"I like you, Lee Siyeon,"

Siyeon swallowed as she thought of a response. Seconds passed and she started to panic, blurting out the first few words which appeared in her mind.

"Bora, i'm 15,"

She mentally slapped herself when she saw Bora's surprised expression. The latter let out a laugh which had a hint of bitterness in it.

"Right," Bora shook her head,"I'm sorry for letting my lesbian ass get the better of me,"

She started to pull out her arms away from Siyeon's neck, her heart breaking as Siyeon quickly pulled her closer. Their foreheads touching.

"You're 16, i'm 15," Siyeon began,"We're young, but that doesn't mean that I wont date you,"

Bora blinked, making sure that her ears weren't deceiving her.

"I like you too, Bora," Siyeon confessed, a blush on her cheeks,"Before you even started liking Yubin, I had feelings for you,"

"I've always had feelings for you, ever since a year ago,"

Bora's heart fluttered at the confession. She was sure that she was not getting tricked, since she trusted Siyeon. She trusted Siyeon with all her heart.

"I'm scared of committing, in fear that you might cheat on me one day," Siyeon admitted,"But want to trust you in this relationship,"

"This is a dream come true for me, will you be my girlfriend?"

Bora stifled a laugh, a huge smile playing on her lips,"I know we're technically still kids but, can I kiss you?"

Siyeon didn't need to speak as she leaned in, giving Bora the sweetest first kiss she could ever have.

Minji let out a breath as Siyeon finished telling her story. She admired the way Siyeon would nostalgically laugh and smile everytike she mentioned Bora's name. How Siyeon's cheeks would turn beet red as she got to the intimate part.

She loved how Siyeon would genuinely look the happiest when talking about Bora.

"I promised that I would sing her songs I composed everyday," Siyeon started, smiling,"Maybe it will help her wake up,"

"You really love making songs, huh," Minji mused as she glanced at a smiling Yoohyeon.

"Duh," Siyeon laughed,"Why do you think I have composing as my job?"

"It's true that famous artists are the ones singing my songs," Siyeon nodded,"But I still made them,"

Minji smiled as she stole another glance from Yoohyeon. The woman was really making her mentally tear her own hair out.

Siyeon turned to look at Bora. Laying her head on the same pillow Bora was laying on, she quietly admired her side profile.

"You better not die on me anytime soon, Bora," Siyeon's eyes softened as she held the shorter woman's hand,"I deserve punishment but not like this, please,"

"Not like this, Bora. Please wake up. If you wake, i'd gladly take any hits you give me. Just don't die, please. I didn't mean it when I told you to. I was blinded, Bora. I'm really sorry, please wake up,"

And as if cruel fate was playing with them, Bora's heart rate monitor started beeping.

"N-no...!" Siyeon screamed,"The doctor! CALL THE DOCTOR!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.3K 136 21
Yoohyeon only wanted 3 things in life: power, money, and love. She had no idea what would happen when she decided to act on her thoughts. ~ Y/N was a...
29.9K 1.4K 23
A story about two girls with completely different stories but with one wish - to be loved. What will happen when they'll meet? Will it be an easy lov...
8.5K 368 25
What happens when two lovers decided to head to a hotel filled with beautiful girls with strong feelings? ...Chaos, death, and destruction, if you we...
76.2K 3.3K 34
Kim Minji,a girl who faces many struggles in her life,finds a job that gives her money.She needs to help her sister,she promised herself not to fall...