a plot twist called you | ✓

By greekyoghurtss

[ WATTPAD FEATURED ] There is something about Ian Eastwood that makes Vanessa Davenport a little more alive ... More

preface
cast & aesthetics
cast gifs
playlist
▪︎ chapter one ▪︎
▪︎ chapter two ▪︎
▪︎ chapter three ▪︎
▪︎ chapter four ▪︎
▪ chapter five ▪
▪ chapter six ▪
▪︎ chapter seven ▪︎
▪︎ chapter eight ▪︎
▪︎ chapter ten ▪︎
▪︎ chapter eleven ▪︎
▪︎ chapter twelve ▪︎
▪︎ chapter thirteen ▪︎
▪︎ chapter fourteen ▪︎
▪︎ chapter fifteen ▪︎
▪︎ chapter sixteen ▪︎
▪︎ chapter seventeen ▪︎
▪︎ chapter eighteen ▪︎
▪︎ chapter nineteen ▪︎
▪︎ chapter twenty ▪︎
▪︎ chapter twenty-one ▪︎
▪︎ chapter twenty-two ▪︎
▪︎ chapter twenty-three ▪︎
▪︎ chapter twenty-four ▪︎
▪︎ chapter twenty-five ▪︎
▪︎ chapter twenty-six ▪︎
▪︎ chapter twenty-seven ▪︎
▪︎ chapter twenty-eight ▪︎
▪︎ chapter twenty-nine ▪︎
▪︎ chapter thirty ▪︎
▪︎ chapter thirty-one ▪︎
▪︎ chapter thirty-two ▪︎
▪︎ chapter thirty-three ▪︎
▪︎ chapter thirty-four ▪︎
▪︎ chapter thirty-five ▪︎
▪︎ chapter thirty-six ▪︎
▪︎ chapter thirty-seven ▪︎
▪︎ chapter thirty-eight ▪︎
▪︎ chapter thirty-nine ▪︎
▪︎ chapter forty ▪︎
▪︎ epilogue ▪︎
author's note
SPIN OFF !!

▪︎ chapter nine ▪︎

615 103 185
By greekyoghurtss

The amazing cover above is made by writing_with_sass . Thanks a lot dear

NINE

association

__________

"Jackass. He's a total dipshit" I declare as I lazily run the razor blades over my long limbs to remove the stubble that keeps on reappearing on alternate days. I was lounging on the poolside at the backyard of Audrey's place. School had been disastrous for me and I was beginning to hate the ways things worked at Winston Prep. Audrey had been replaced from the position of Swim Team Captain by Ian Eastwood. Not that she was complaining, her sportswoman spirit was admirable and she took it as a stride to work harder. But everybody cannot be complying with each stupid decision Principal Seinfeld made.

"Come on Vann, it's no use holding grudges. You're just losing your peace of mind." Audrey replies, lathering some moisturizer on her gorgeous chocolate skin.

"Seriously? You're behaving like Jae now. This is silly." I groan, rubbing my temples. The afternoon sun shone bright but the temperatures were coming down miserably.

"We should probably get inside. This year, I bet it's gonna snow." She gets up, gathering up her stuff.

I was sleeping over at Audrey's house on a Monday for the first time. Usually, all three of us would spend weekends together but since the last few days have been extremely exceptional and Jae-Hwa ended up going to a BTS concert at Melbourne with some friends, I was here. Unlike my parents, Audrey had a loving family. She had two sisters and one brother. All of them were freshmen, from a different school. It was only Audrey who could make it to Winston High on account of her sexy brain and marvelous swimming skills.

"Don't you think it's fishy?" I blurt out, staring blankly at her dresser.

Audrey narrows her eyes at me, "Fishy? What are you talking about? You think my dresser is fishy!" She gasps and I snort in response.

"No idiot! I am talking about school. Seinfeld must have some dirty intentions." I state.

"Wait, can you be a little more clear?" I had her full attention now. She was looking at my face, her dark eyes widened.

"Well, first it was Iris Eastwood taking up the Prima Ballerina fame and next, it is that piece of crap." I flare my nostrils as I think of Ian.

"You mean it is because I am primarily a Scholarship student?" Audrey was pretty much hurt, I could tell by her expression.

"Might be. Don't forget how evil elite class politics are." I say, gulping down my lemonade.

"If that is so, how are Ian and Iris supposed to know that? They are so new" Certainly, she had a point. I keep silent for some moments but couldn't come up with any logical argument.

"Audrey, are you in any way defending them?" I scowl at her and she stifles a laugh.

"Nope, you should probably get some sleep and practice some meditation, Vanessa. Seems like Ian is literally making you go nuts" She sniggers and I roll my eyes.

"That is kind of true indeed." I say, pursing my lips.

"By the way, how is Connor?"

"Quite better now but nothing's gonna be the same again. Gabriella is there to look after him." I sniff, staring down at my chipped nails.

"Vann...have faith in Jesus." Audrey states firmly, squeezing my shoulder. Somehow, her words always managed to get my spirits high.

Connor was still bedridden with the only allowances being walking to the bathroom or to the lawn for some air. That too, with assistance of someone or the other. Obviously that someone is me and the caretaker, Gabriella, who has returned by God's grace. My parents were there, of course, shedding tears I doubted were true. But quoting my father, 'we are compelled to get back to work, I trust you Vanessa. I know you'll be a dutiful daughter.'

Caring sister first, dutiful daughter second...I wanted to say. But I didn't want to argue with people having the least amount of affection or emotion to even understand my point.

"Rey, I feel drowsy...I think I'm gonna just hit the pillow." I say, letting out a huge yawn.

"And what about the plan to stay up all night and gossip?!" Audrey nudges me.

"I am so sorry but the lethargy is overpowering me. Plus, we have school tomorrow."

"Relax. I was kidding. I know you're tired. Good night sweetie" Audrey says before turning off the lamp and we hit the bed. Sleep consumes us at once.

I was drowning. The pitch black darkness of the tunnel was grasping me inch by inch. I was screaming as I throttled down the black hole. My throat was scorched....and....

"Vanessa you're sweating like crazy!" I open my eyes to Audrey's face leaning over me, her eyebrows knitted together in concern. I still couldn't believe it was a nightmare.

I sit up on the bed, patting the back of my neck dry because I was grimy with sweat.

"Is it morning yet?" I ask, straining my eyes to look out the window. The sky was hung heavy with dark bellied clouds and the wind was howling. There was no sign of the sun. There was something like this on the weather forecast reports when I checked it yesterday. How are we supposed to go to school now?

"It is already past seven and we need to get dressed." Audrey says, walking over to her closet.

"Do you have an oversized hoodie or sweater for that matter?" I look up at her as I brush out the knots in my hair.

"Of course but...hey? You already are wearing a full sleeved shirt." She frowns at me in confusion.

"Please, I am cold." I lie, because the actual reason was my drying up scar and its vulnerability. I wouldn't take any risks, especially when the thin fabric of my shirt hardly promised anything.

It was not in my knowledge that I would run into Ezekiel right at the school gates today. I was shivering and releasing puffs into the icy air like smoke.

"How childish" I turn my gaze to realize Ezekiel was standing beside me, poised on his skateboard.

"If it makes me happy then yes, I am childish" I roll my eyes, digging my fists into the pockets of the blue hoodie Audrey had lent me.

"You seem to be on a killing spree" He snorts, taking out a cigarette from his backpack.

"What d'ya mean?" I glance at him sideways, trying to act unbothered.

"Ian right?" He laughs again, this time flickering on his lighter.

"Ian what?" I glared at him. What was wrong with everyone? It seems like my cause of being edgy was always to be associated with the emergence of Ian Eastwood. Speaking of the devil, here he comes.

"Aren't you supposed to be heading towards the Green Oak Academy?" Ian shoots the question at Ezekiel. The smug look on his face had returned again. I noticed he put up a more fake show when he was at school. Green Oak Academy was basically the charity case of Winston High and Ezekiel unfortunately was a student of it, belonging to a poor family background.

"Of course, I was just talking with my friend." Ezekiel hisses at Ian, his face contorting in anger. He couldn't bear it when someone sprinkled salt into his cut wound aka Green Oak.

"Zeke, you should go. The weather's getting worse." I tried to divert his attention yet both the guys were still glaring at each other.

"See you, Vanessa." Ezekiel says before speeding off on his skateboard. I heave a sigh and start walking towards the school building with Ian behind me.

"You should get better company" He comments and I scowl at him. Why is this guy meddling in my life so much? And I didn't like people telling me what I should do all the time.

"Just because you basically have a say over my parents doesn't mean you can tell me about" I retort, my blood boiling.

"If ego had heights, you'd be on top." He sneers before jogging away to his newly made group of friends. Or I would rather say...followers.

_____✵_____

A/N: Do you feel the heat? What's gonna be the outcome of this egotistic battle or is it just an excuse for Vanessa to deny her actual feelings? What do you think? Dear silent readers, I wish you could leave reviews so that I'd know if you are liking the story. Also, please vote. Lots of love <3

-Mia.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.8K 144 12
DISCONTINUED AND MARKED AS COMPLETE. "You just wanted to play with my heart, was that it?" Jasmine asked. Every bit of her emotions leaked through h...
13.3K 1.3K 45
📖Featured by @adultfiction on "Kills and Thrills" reading list📖 Previously known as "Undercover: Fake Identity" *** "What are you running away from...
3.1K 617 9
[Featured on Wattpad Official Romance account] Everyone has got something to hide. Evie is no different. The romance that bloomed with Matteo Sanders...