Disconnect || Lee Minhyuk

By monbebepi

"if you hate me that much, then go ahead and disconnect." "heck, sure i will." "... okay uhm, why are you s... More

[ o n e ]
[ t w o ]
[ t h r e e ]
[ f o u r ]
[ f i v e ]
[ s i x ]
[ s e v e n ]
[ e i g h t ]
[ n i n e ]
[ t e n ]
[ e l e v e n ]
[ t w e l v e ]
[ t h i r t e e n ]
[ f o u r t e e n ]
[ f i f t e e n ]
[ s i x t e e n ]
[ s e v e n t e e n ]
[ e i g h t e e n ]
[ n i n e t e e n ]
[ t w e n t y ]
[ t w e n t y - o n e ]
[ t w e n t y - t w o ]
[ t w e n t y - t h r e e ]
[ t w e n t y - f i v e ]
[ t w e n t y - s i x ]
[ t w e n t y - s e v e n ]
[ t w e n t y - e i g h t ]
[ t w e n t y - n i n e ]
[ t h i r t y ]
[ t h i r t y - o n e ]
[ t h i r t y - t w o ]
[ t h i r t y - t h r e e ]
[ t h i r t y - f o u r ]
[ t h i r t y - f i v e ]
[ t h i r t y - s i x ]
[ t h i r t y - s e v e n ]
[ t h i r t y - e i g h t ]
[ t h i r t y - n i n e ]
[ f o r t y ]
[ f o r t y - o n e ]
[ f o r t y - t w o ]
[ f o r t y - t h r e e ]

[ t w e n t y - f o u r ]

536 33 25
By monbebepi

Lee Minhyuk

i gently pulled jooheon and soo yi away, causing some of the people around to react in shock.

because of that, jooheon looked at me confused but also alarmed of my sudden actions.

i also didn't understand what i was really doing. usually, i would just stand frozen and let my heart break on its own. but this time, i just went for it.

i looked at soo yi and i could tell that she was the most flustered out of all.

she was suddenly embraced by jooheon in the spur of the moment. apart from that, i also broke them apart and now all eyes were on us three.

i cleared my throat and finally thought of an excuse to lighten the mood.

"hey, you two should stop. it's so cheesy, and people are watching." i scratched the back of my head and spoke with an awkward smile.

jooheon stood silent for a moment probably trying to process what was happening until he finally released a chuckle and patted my shoulder.

"aigoo, was it too cheesy? i was just caught up in the moment." jooheon slightly smiled.

"y-yah, i was about to hug you and yujin next anyway." he added.

"still! people reacted a bit too much because you embraced soo yi like that. i think everyone here got the wrong idea now." i spoke, looking around us.

"haha alright, i got it." jooheon laughed.

finally, the air was cleared after a short while. i did feel the immediate tension between me and jooheon dying down.

"you okay, soo yi?" jooheon suddenly asked her.

she was a bit silent and taken aback by the two of us that she was spacing out for a while.

"yeah of course. i didn't get the wrong idea here. congrats, jooheon-ah. i'm really proud of you." soo yi brought the smile back on her face and played along.

suddenly, she excused herself from the two of us and went to grab yujin's arm with her.

"yujin-ah, i think we can go and see shownu's game now." i heard her speak.

yujin slowly looked at the two of us who were behind soo yi.

"jooheon-ah, your game is over right? we'll go ahead and proceed to the football field. after all, soo yi's day wouldn't be complete without her seeing the guy she actually likes play." yujin excused soo yi and herself from us.

"okay, no problem. enjoy~!" jooheon gave a nod and we both watched as soo yi and yujin walked down the bleachers to make their way out.

Jung Soo Yi

yujin and i sat down silently as we were watching the football game. however, i honestly still couldn't get myself to stop thinking about everything that happened just a while ago.

"yah, jung soo yi are you listening?" yujin suddenly asked me.

upon hearing her voice, i slowly snapped out of my thoughts and turned my head to face her.

"huh?" i asked.

"i told you your crush scored a goal!" she raised her voice.

"yah! people might hear, keep it down." i quickly tried to cover her mouth to silence her.

yujin moved her head away immediately and pushed my hand away.

"you weren't even watching the game nor listening to me. you were just staring at the floor." she spoke.

"sorry.." i gave her a pout and faced front to look at shownu who was at the field.

his tanned skin was showing and it was making his body look healthier. he was sweating intensely, but still kept his head in the game. indeed, shownu's focus and determination was unmatched.

i really liked seeing that side of him.

"tell me honestly, you were thinking about how jooheon pulled you into an embrace earlier, aren't you?" yujin went straight to the point.

i released a deep sigh and nodded my head to confirm it.

"and you're wondering why he would do that. because of the people's reactions, you're also really flustered." she added.

again, she was right about those things.

"well to tell you honestly, i did get a bit shocked when i saw jooheon do such bold thing to you infront of many people. i don't think i'm buying his excuse that he'll supposedly go ahead and hug me and minhyuk afterwards, too."

"really? then what do you think?" i asked.

"i don't know. i really don't wanna assume things because jooheon is our friend, but i wouldn't deny the fact that it also got me thinking if he likes you." yujin spoke.

i swallowed hard and brought my head down low.

"no... let's not get to that. i don't think jooheon would have that sort of feelings for me. it's a bit far-fetched, and i don't wanna have an awkward relationship between the four of us." i shook my head.

"alright.. that would be best." yujin agreed.

_________________________________

the second day of sportsfest came by quickly. on that day, yujin and i barely got chance to hang out with jooheon and minhyuk because they had more games to compete in which led to them being part of the finals.

thankfully, because we were the eldest batch in high school, our players had more advantage when it came to competing with the younger ones. thus, we were winning most of the major sports events.

finally, all students were gathered right now to celebrate the third and final day of sportsfest which was all about the awarding ceremony.

we were seated on the bleachers and there was barely enough space for most students. it was really crowded and hot which started to make me sweaty. however, i focused on trying to calm my mind so that i could stay still and lessen the hot feeling.

"the awards ceremony really makes me sleepy." yujin spoke as she opened her mouth to yawn.

i looked around us and noticed that her case wasn't the only one. surely, every time the student body was gathered like this, everyone around us would try to sleep while the program was ongoing.

i can't deny that i was also tempted to do the same, but this time, i wanted to pay full attention and give my support to shownu, minhyuk, and jooheon whenever their team would be called on stage to receive their awards.

"alright! another one for the major events, let's proceed to men's basketball!" the speaker announced.

i straightened up upon hearing it, and nudged yujin to get to her senses.

"2nd runner-up, goes to... the 9th grade!" they first announced.

the basketball players of the 9th grade started going up the stage to receive their bronze medals. apart from that, they also received a round of applause.

"1st runner-up goes to... the boys of the 11th grade!"

the crowd did another cheer.

"and finally, for this year's champion! it's no other than... the 12th grade!! congratulations!" the speaker gave her all when it came to announcing the winner.

upon hearing the announcement, our batchmates started rejoicing and jumping up and down. we've already claimed so many medals, yet most of our batchmates still remained hyped for the possibility of winning the sportsfest's overall champion award.

from afar, i laid my eyes on minhyuk and saw his joyous smile. he brushed his hair back and made his way up the stage with the rest. at that moment, i was smiling from ear to ear, thinking about how proud i was of him.

he might not be the best in his team, but i was still able to see that there was a team player in him. minhyuk really strives to always give his best and i'm glad that it all paid off.

and yes, i do think minhyuk looks cool in that very moment.

"jung soo yi, youuu~!" yujin poked my shoulder.

"h-huh?" i turned to face her immediately.

"your smile is not leaving your face, huh? why do you look so happy like that?" yujin was smiling widely and started teasing me upon seeing my face once again.

i realized that i've been smiling a bit more lately every time i laid my eyes on minhyuk.

"stop it you. you're starting with your nonsense again." i shook my head but my happy smile was not bothering to leave my face.

i turned back to face the stage and saw that our basketball players were now leaving the stage one by one. i fixed my eyes solely on minhyuk as he walked. i was enjoying the view of him being so thrilled of their win.

"that's him! that guy with the bandana on his head standing beside son hyunwoo! his name is lee minhyuk!" i suddenly heard a voice speak.

i noticed that it was coming from the girls on the bleacher behind me.

"wahh, he's craaazy handsome though?!" the other one exclaimed in shock.

i kept silent as i heard their conversation even though i didn't really mean to eavesdrop. somehow, i felt a bit bothered other girls were starting to notice minhyuk though.

"looks like the girls behind our back are praising minhyuk?"  yujin whispered with a cheeky smile. 

"maybe we should introduce them to our friend sometime?" she joked but i somehow didn't like hearing it.

i cleared my throat and took the frown away from my face as i forced a smile.

"y-yeah haha.. minhyuk is starting to get on another level. he's actually gaining some fangirls of his own." i answered.

"i didn't pay much attention to him back then! his style used to be really lousy like a bad boy wannabe, you know?" i suddenly heard the girl behind continue.

"wah? so you mean that oppa changed? he looks fine right now, i wouldn't have imagined!"

"i know. he seems to have come to his senses and fixed himself up a bit. he was a total fashion terrorist before but right now i'm totally crushing on him big time!"

i accidentally choked on my saliva when i heard the girl's words so i started breaking into a coughing fit.

"omo! are you okay?! what happened, soo yi-ah?" yujin leaned closer to me and started patting my back.

i struggled to control the coughing but after a few moments, i finally suppressed it and caught my breath. hurriedly, i cleared my throat and told yujin that it simply happened out of the blue.

yujin eventually didn't bother asking more questions so i finally looked away and faced the other direction so i could frown my face on my own.

other girls were starting to notice minhyuk, and i don't know why, but i'm not pretty sure how i feel about that...

×××××××××××××××××××××××××

Thank you for 3k reads on this book, guys! MX got their first win for Fantasia today! Can we give them some more?

Btw, I recently passed the UPCAT 2020! (college entrance exam of the University of the Philippines)

I didn't expect it because I knew the passing rate was usually just around 16% and there were 100,000+ participants nationwide?!?? 😭😭😭

That thought alone was intimidating asf to me sjhfhdhsdk

For Filipino monbebes who hope to pass it someday too, please don't ever hesitate to hit me up if you wanna ask questions or just talk! 

On a side note, if you've taken the UPCAT and did not pass, please don't ever lose faith in yourself and for what's in store for you in life! Some doors are closed so that better ones are opened! But of course, your emotions are always valid. 

Don't forget to stay safe everyone!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

36K 1.5K 32
Maybe, it wasn't too fast, or maybe it was. What actually had him pinned on you? Both you and him clearly wasn't expecting it. --- Last update : 2020...
90.4K 3.3K 54
[COMPLETED] Where Jisung is in love with Minho Started: 31st October 2019 Ended: 2nd May 2020 Highest rankings: 6th-Minsung 12th-Changlix 16th- Seun...
78.9K 3.7K 35
"i promise to protect you lee minho. no matter what i'll have to do to keep you safe." angel, han jisung, is sent to earth to protect lee minho from...
62.1K 2.2K 35
two best friends who met through instagram... β€’ lower case :) β€’ bad at writing ;-; anyways , i hope you'll like this story (and maybe vote ehet) star...