Yakeen Ka Safar

By flyingcupid_

Hey everyone! Yakeen ka safar was mere a drama to the basic audience but a whole love-life story to the Asfiy... More

Her Eyes; an entire galaxy
The shortest love-letter
I'm right here with you
Special memories with a special one
New chapter unlocked, the Eid
Asfandyar is going away
A storm and sleepless nights
•Attachment•
Revisiting old memories
Pleasant weather whilst unpleasant moods
A surgery gone wrong
Where's the diamond ring?
Zubiya's high on fury
My home is a person
Gaming with the stargazer

Asfandyar is all she needs

1.6K 60 40
By flyingcupid_

Hold yourselves. This is going to be really long. Also, stay home. Stay safe.

A friendly tip to keep yourself busy: Binge watch Yakeen ka safar maybe or read these oneshots ;)

Happy reading.

***

(continuing from where I left the last time)

The mobile's screen lightened up Zubiya's face with blue light. Asfandyar drove quietly as Zubiya checked in her Whatsapp. Her legs rested with an uneasiness. The black strappy heels she wore, were sophisticated and had an undeniably high-end. Wearing them for more than four hours straight, moving around the entire hall, standing through out the whole event she had ended up having a severe foot pain at the end of the night. Zubiya bent to unstrap her heels because she had had enough with the heels, tightly held around her ankles.

"You're tired?" Asfandyar asked.

"Yeahh, thora bohat." Zubiya replied as she collected her hair at the back of her ears. Simultaneously she leaned backward and her head was against the head-rester of the car seat. She closed her eyes.

"Ghar pe tou Haroon bhai ne carrom waghera ka plan banaya hoya hai, you're not in then, I guess?" Asfandyar predicted as he drove at quiet a good speed.

"Mein ne aesa kab kaha hai? Mein sou jaun gi tou Haroon bhai ki team mein kon hou ga? Isliye mein beshak bohat thaki hoyi bhi hongi, tou bhi, I'll not sleep." She gave in a clarification.

"Achaaaw?! Last time jab mein keh raha tha ke Zubiya please meray sath Fortnite ka aik 'duos match' khel lou tou aap ne kaha tha ke, Asfi mein bohat thak gayi hoon aur mein soney jaa rahi hoon. Aur aap sou bhi gayi theen. Phir mein ne aik udaas sa solo match khela tha. Likin abhi tou aap thakey honey ke bawajood carrom khelein gi. Yeh kahan ka insaaf hai bhai?" Asfandyar reminded her of a recent event back at Neelum Valley.

"Pheli baat tou yeh hai ke mein isliye sou gayi thi kyun ke agley din hum dono ne hospital jana tha. Dosri baat, aap uss 'duos match' se phele bhi dou ghanton se nonstop gaming kar rahe thay. Mein ager join kar leti tou agley dou ghante bhi kaheen nahi janey thay. Aur sabse bari baat aap mujhe fortnite mein kabhi jeetnay nahi detay aur uss din mera haarne ka koyi mood nahi tha, isliye mein sou gayi thi." She explained again.

This had become their routine. Asfandyar used to tease Zubiya for nothing and Zubiya would always try to justify and Asfandyar would never listen and so on.

"Asal baat tou sabse end pe boli hai aap ne." He offered a further innuendo for the current discussion and Zubiya rolled her eyes. Asfandyar chuckled as he saw Zubiya deciding to not clarify her side any more.

"Shaadi se phele pata hota ke inhon ne mujhe itnaaaa tangg karna hai tou mein thora soch hi leti." Zubiya said in an un-audible voice and shook her head. Well obviously she wasn't serious about this remark so she tightened her lips to catch the smile invading her face.

"Apke pass koyi aur choice bhi nahi thi Madam." Asfandyar retorted, with his signature eyebrow smirk.

As soon as she heard him, her eyes widened dramatically. "Unbelievable!! Aik aik baat sunayi deti hai apko bhi." She replied and failed to capture her smile that was trying to break into this semi-sarcastic/semi-argumentative situation. Asfandyar was already beaming with pride for replying at the best moment. After which he pulled off the green jeep at the corner of the road. Zubiya looked at him with a questioning expression.

"Aik minute wait karo, mein abhi aaya." Asfandyar replied.

"Jaa kahan rahain hain Asfi?" She asked, perplexed.

"Aaraha hoon na aik minute mein bus. Bahir mat nikalna. I'm just coming." He replied in a second while he unbuckled the seat belt. As soon as he pushed the door open to step out, a chilly air mixed with rain smell struck her face.

"Abb inti raat ko iss khaali si road pe gaari park kardi hai, kuch bataye bagher khud bahir nikal gaye hain, mujhe sath le ker nahi gaye. Ajeeb situation mein daalna bhi inse seekhe koyi!!" She murmured to herself angrily as she tried to find the traces of the way he had gone too. Asfandyar had disappeared in the dark.

Zubiya hardly waited anxiously for just a minute and she then decided to call him. That was how worried she always had been for him. As Zubiya impatiently looked for him through the right-window of the driving seat she was suddenly jolted up by a subtle knock on her side of window.

Zubiya turned around to amaze herself with an extremely unexpected gesture of her husband. Asfandyar was holding a bouquet of white roses wrapped neatly in a beige paper with a white ribbon holding them together. The purity emanating from those gorgeous flowers was enchanting. Zubiya rolled down the window and Asfandyar handed over the bunch of flowers to her as he said "Here you go."

The jeep immediately got diffused by the smell of roses; mostly a mix scent like nasturtium and lemon. Zubiya sniffed in the heavenly fragrance of the white roses as Asfandyar got inside the jeep again. He settled in the driving seat again and looked at Zubiya with warmth in his eyes. Men usually crave for warmth and Zubiya was rationally the warmth, for him. The natural glow of her face, flooding with happiness soothed the cores inside his chest.

When the wise men say marriage isn't just a ring worn or a paper signed but it is the union of two hearts beating as one, a promise that each would sacrifice for the other's happiness and wellbeing, it is true. It is obviously not something that is endured but is savoured.

"You like them?" Asfandyar finally managed to ask, as he lived the moment.

"I love them!!" She replied desperately as she looked over the flowers to him. Asfandyar's gaze stayed unmoved. He looked at her with all his focus, accompanying a smile not flattering at once.

"Abhi teen char minute phele aap apne shaadi ke faisle ko doubt kar rahi theen tou mein ne socha ke mein apko jaldi se khush kar doon." Asfandyar replied tenderly. He had taken his glasses off and his deep brown eyes were guarded with affection and love.

"Asfi" She paused softly. "Mein mazak kar rahi thi." Zubiya gently told him as she placed the bouquet on her lap.

"Mujhe pata hai meri jaan. Likin mein tumhein tangg bhi tou kitna karta hoon na. Isliye mera farz hai ke mein tumhe khush bhi karta rahoon sath sath. Balance hona chaheyey na." He held her hand in his and savoured each touch.

Together Asfandyar and Zubiya were inseparable. Each was the centre of the universe for the other. They were so relaxed in each other's company, so caring. Their love for one another radiated from them, touching the lives of everyone they knew. Over past some years, even before they were married, they both remained devoted to one other. Through sicknesses and family tragedy's they supported one another. In the rough times neither of them strayed. And in the smooth times, here they were enjoying their a little private moment.

***

As Dr Haroon played his thumbshot, a carrom man of black colour slid over the smooth surface of the flat carrom board. Surprisingly, it took along the most valuable piece, the red disk, The Queen with it and landed into the pocket.

Dr Haroon shrieked loudly with excitement as he looked over to his team member who herself was overjoyous for getting closer to the victory. Dr Haroon gave a high-five to Zubiya, while Gaiti gave Asfandyar a deteriorated look. Asfandyar just held his hands up in the air with complete helplessness.

It was nearly 3 in the night. A carrom board was placed on the table-top and all of the four were sitting around it. Had someone walked into the TV lounge right then, they could have, through their eyes and nerves experienced the heated scenario going on in the atmosphere. Their midnight crisis included playing attentively first, then shouting with excitement at a successful strike. Catching the other team cheating and accusing them for not playing according to the rules. Searching the Google to verify the correct Carrom laws and then laughing at the current situation for a while. Frowning between the game because of the acute non-seriousness of the other team, arguing with each other at baseless things and discontinuing the game for some minutes. Lubna aunty and Usman uncle were sound alseep in their bedroom. Saim was also sleeping but these four real mature doctors were playing Carrom. The noticeable time, three in the night.

"Gaiti zara calculate karlein 18 plus 3 kitne hotey hain?" Dr Haroon teased Gaiti who was clearly losing that game.

Since,The queen is assigned 3 points, Dr Haroon and Zubiya's team reached 20 points in a minute, while Gaiti and Asfandyar were just able to get 13 points. It was indeed a great lead and Dr Haroon's team was clearly winning. They were soon going to reach 25 points, finishing the game with a singular and a miraculous victory.

"Abhi aap loug jeetay nahi hain. Itna over honey ki zaroorat nahi hai." Gaiti replied trying to bring an optimism in her mood that they could still win.

"Abhi jeetay nahi hain, likin jeetnay tou walay hain na? Yeh pre-victory celebrations hain bhabhi." Zubiya answered in the support of Dr Haroon.

Asfandyar eyed Zubiya an oh-really? look and Zubiya avoided to look at him. Although she felt bad for her husband and her best friend but she was extremely proud of herself too for pocketing three black coins in that game.

"Zubiya tum tou chup hi karo. Game start honay se phele, kitchen mein, tum ne kaha tha ke meri team mein hou. Abb team hi badal li hai madam aap ne aur abb tou unki support mein bola bhi jaa raha hai. You're such a traitor!!" Gaiti complained almost hitting Zubiya at her arm.

Zubiya managed to dodge her hit and laughed. Gaiti couldn't take her defeat that was almost creeping in and all the other three members can clearly see that.

"Mein ne promise tou nahi kiya tha? Aesay hi suggestion diya tha ke aap aur mein aik team mein ajatey hain. Likin abb Asfi aur Haroon bhai aik team mein honay se rahay, isliye I changed sides." Zubiya explained the circumstances throughly. "Aur mujhe traitor kyun bol rahi hain? Last week aap ne khud Cluedo game ke darmiyan mein sides switch karli theen. Woh traitorship nahi hoti?" Zubiya rolled her eyes, after she was done proving the accusations by Gaiti wrong.

"Asfi dekh lou isko tum." Gaiti replied feigning extreme agony.

"Bhai mein kya keh sakta hoon iss waqt. Inko khush honay dein, bhabhi. Aaj luck chal rahi hai dono ki tou jeet rahay hain warna dono rou rahay hotay hain. Koyi baat nahi, thora sa khush hou lene dein inko bhi. Abb insaan hamesha tou nahi haar sakta na." Asfandyar sarcastically replied. He was as usually very calm, very composed. He had never lost his chill over small board games because he was too mature for that. Neither did he care of losing or winning.

Watching the glint of merriment in Zubiya's eyes, the music of her laugh at Dr Haroons humorous remarks, the pride in her expressions as she played some good shots, he could feel the craze he had for her. There was a time in his life when he stopped expressing his feelings in a true way, but it can't go on like that, right? Before Zubiya, he had a true grip on his mind. But there came a balance, a point of virtue, that every negative emotion was buried before he could even feel it. He loved Zubiya for her smile and her twenty-four-seven happy disposition.

"Filhaal tou koyi aur hi rota hoya nazar araha hai humein." Dr Haroon exclaimed aping his tone. Gaiti rolled her eyes and Asfandyar negated his head in a disagreement. Zubiya let out a carefee laugh and Dr Haroon laughed too.

"Abb aesa kartey hain thora break le lete hain, warna yahan tou larayi hojaye gi. Coffee kon kon piye ga?" Gaiti questioned instantly because she was already uninterested in playing more of the game. It was clear that they will lose. Also that current situation had led to a sarcastic argument and an instant break was needed.

"Bhabhi coffee nahi chai ka mood hou raha hai." Asfandyar replied as he stood up from the tiled floor and stretched his aching limbs. They had been sitting on the floor for more than an hour.

"Acha? Haroon aap kya lein gey chai ya coffee?" Gaiti asked him.

"Wese tou mera Coffee ka mood tha likin Asfand aaj ki tareekh mein lagatar haar rahay hain, isliye inki baat maan lete hain. Chai bana lein warna kaheen aesa na hou ke inka hitler mode on hojaye." Dr Haroon replied, making fun of Asfandyar. While Asfandyar smirked back with a very-funny look as he relaxed his back by sitting on the sofa.

Gaiti and Zubiya went into the kitchen and Asfandyar and Dr haroon chatted.

***

The water sizzled over the stove. Zubiya added some tea and left it for brewing. Gaiti arranged four cups with tea spoons. She turned around to get the sugar pot when she noticed her phone's battery was left 2% only.

"Zubiya?" She called out. "Tumhare pass Iphone hai na?"

"Jee bhabhi." She replied.

"Yaar mujhe apna charger de dou gi? Mein apna mama ke ghar bhool aayi hoon, charging bilkul khatam hai. Haroon ke pass android phone hai na, charger ka itna issue rehta hai." Gaiti explained as she placed the sugarpot on the tray.

"Jee bhabhi bilkul le lein. Abb aap puch ke lein gi mujh se?" Zubiya smiled. "I guess meray room mein dressing table ke uper hoga. Mein laa deti hoon." She added.

"Aray nahi, mein khud le aati hoon, tum chai serve kar dena." Gaiti smiled and stepped out of the kitchen to get the charger.

***

Zubiya entered into the lounge holding the tray. She placed it on the table and served the tea. Asfandyar smiled softly as he took the cup from her.

"Zubiya, aap ko team mein rakhne ka sabse bara faida pata hai kya hai?" Dr Haroon asked as he sipped his tea. "Wese chai aap bohat achi banati hain." He added.

"Thankyou Haroon bhai, likin aap bataein na. Sabse bara faida kya hai?" She asked curiously.

"Yeh ke, Asfand phir bara khayal karke kehlte hain. Koshish unki yehi hoti hai ke aap jeet jayein." Dr Haroon answered.

Well this was true to some extent so Asfandyar couldn't totally deny. He simply smiled.

"Iska matlab hai ke aap mujhe use karte hain." Zubiya replied feigning hurt.

"Nahi aesa bilkul bhi nahi hai. Aap ghalat samajh raheen hain. Meray kehne ka matlab hai ke Asfand game ke darmiyan mein bhi bara khayal rakhte hain apka." He explained.

Zubiya looked at Asfandyar who was sipping his tea and looking at Zubiya simultaneously.

"Wese mein bhi Haroon bhai ki baat se agree karta hoon." He said loudly.

Zubiya questioned him through her eyes.

"Chai tou waqae achi banati hain aap." He added and gave her a mischievous grin.

***

Outside the lightning lit the skies in brilliant streaks. The clouds themselves had gone from a soft white into indescribable patterns of greys and blacks. The rain was just waiting for the heavy clouds to give in, otherwise it was nearly pouring in. Gaiti entered the lounge. She knelt to make herself the tea.

"Zubiya madam. Yeh apke kamre mein white roses ka bouquet kahan se agaya." Gaiti tantalised Zubiya as she carefully positioned herself on the couch. Zubiya instantly shot her an awkward-embarrassed look.

Sab ke samne puchna lazmi hota hai? She said under her breath almost pissed off by her direct question.

"Bhabhi aap hamare room mein kahan se ghuss gayeen?" Asfandyar counter-questioned blatantly smirking.

"Zubiya ka charger lenay gayi thi tou nazar par gayi, batameez." Gaiti replied with an offensive tone.

"Ummh, bhabhi. Woh abhi raat ko hi liya tha. Meeting se wapsi par." Zubiya replied nervously not making a direct eye-contact.

Yeh topic kahan se shuru hogaya hai abb!! Zubiya mentally face-palmed herself. Discussing her love life in front of her best friend and her husband who also were, her colleagues made it kind of really awkward for her.

"Asfand aap ne dilaya hoga?" Dr Haroon played his part. Gaiti passed Dr Haroon a broad smile. Together they were really good at making fun of Asfandyar showing his romantic side to Zubiya. The endless teasing!!

"Zahir hai. Aur kisne dilana tha?" Asfandyar replied firmly.

"Zubiya aap ne dekha Asfandyar apka bohat khayal rakhte hain. Game ke darmiyan mein bhi, hospital mein bhi, ghar mein bhi. In short har jagah. Kafi caring hain Asfand. Aap ka kya kehna hai iss baare mein Zubiya. Balke apka kya 'response' hai." Dr Haroon spiced up the whole conversation by intentionally dragging Zubiya into it. Zubiya had managed to stay quiet and unresponsive throughout, but Dr Haroon was upto something contradictory.

Zubiya awkwardly smiled at him and then looked at Gaiti signalling mein apko baad mein batati hoon look. Gaiti smiled back assuring her that it was okay and shrugged her shoulders.

"Hamara Asfi tou waqae bohat caring hai. Zubiya shukar karo tumhari mulaqat phele Dr Saba se nahi hoyi. Mujhe nahi lagta Adil tumhara itna khayal rakhta jitna Asfi rakhta hai." Gaiti winked at Zubiya reminding her of the events earlier from the night.

Adil was Dr Saba's unmarried brother she mentioned about. Apparently he was a commercial pilot with a British Nationality (advantages of being born in Birmingham, nevermind). Adil Hameed was counted in one of youngest commercial pilots in the country. A successful bachelor indeed!!

"Wait. Whose Adil by the way?" Asfandyar asked Gaiti as he looked at Zubiya too. He had surley never heard of him before.

"Gaiti aap kya baatein le kar beth gayi hain, game continue kartey hain abb." Zubiya tried to cover up because she was not ready for that awkward conversation again where a random lady was proposing that she would have given the hand of his brother in hers' hand. And also how glad she was to just think about the sight of that. Not to forget about her brother's full fledge CV she had given, like there was still a vacancy left open for that Pilot, anyway.

"Abb baat complete tou karne dein Gaiti ko, warna Asfand ko curiosity rahe gi ke yeh Adil kon hai." Haroon suggested.

And then there was Gaiti who without waiting for a second told both of the men the whole 'rishta' story. About Dr Saba and her unmarried brother, the flop joke made by Dr Saba and the awkwardness of the situation. She told them everything. Word by word.

Aik tou Gaiti ke pait mein waqae koyi baat nahi rehti!! Zubiya shook her head in disbelief. Listening all of the story, Asfandyar shot an amused look to Zubiya. Zubiya awkwardly looked at him with unanswered eyes. She couldn't comprehend the situation accordingly.

"Bhae, Dr Saba mujhe aik gynaecologist se ziada rishte karwane wali aunty lag rahi hain. Doctors ke meet and greet mein bhi unko yehi tension thi ke mein apne bhai ki kaheen setting karwa doon bus." Dr Haroon gave his remarks about the unknown lady. It was funny to over-look that Dr Saba would be sleeping peacefully somewhere and her angels would also be unawared of the fact that she was being discussed between these four.

"Haina, mujhe bhi ajeeb sa laga tha. Aap aik married larki ke samne kyun bolo gey yeh baat." Gaiti replied agreeing with Haroon.

"Wese job kahan kartay hain, Adil sahab?" Dr Haroon asked.

"I guess Serene Airlines mein." Gaiti answered.

Asfandyar kept looking at Zubiya with a compassionate feeling. He found this unusual situation a little interesting. He realised the millionth time how lucky he was to meet Zubiya at the perfect time, for making his love confession at the correct time, then for marrying her without waiting for even a month, and at last for having her despite the fact she had several other choices.

"Asfi tum kahan kho gaye hou?" Gaiti asked bringing Asfandyar back into the picture.

"Nahi, mein yaheen hoon. Game continue karein?" Asfandyar suggested. He refrained from commenting on any further because it was better at his part.

Rest of the three agreed readily. Zubiya was a little worried whether this event from the evening had made Asfandyar uncomfortable. He didn't pass any comment, he didn't say anything. It made her reluctant. A wave of restlessness stormed inside her. She smacked herself for not telling him before anyone else, but again, she never wanted this topic to come by ever again. Zubiya was complete 'with' Asfandyar. She never wanted more, not a single speck of anything extraordinary in her life anymore.

Zubiya just wanted the game to end as soon as it was possible, so that she could ask him personally. She could offer an explanation if he wanted one. (That's like a very rare demand from him; an exception).

The remaining game went by smoothly. Dr Haroon and Zubiya won, that was pretty obvious. Not that they only won, both of them gave the other team a lead of 8 points. A miserable chase by Asfand and Gaiti. Gaiti said she was sleepy and tired and that is why she couldn't play well and other laughed at her lame excuses. It was 4 in the morning, the clouds had tore open letting the rain pour once again.

The game had finished. Gaiti was already getting up to go and sleep. Dr Haroon picked up the Carrom board and collected the coins. Zubiya placed the cups back on the tray and headed to kitchen. As she was comimg back, she found a sleepy Saim crying at the corner of the staircase. He had probably woken up in the middle of his sleep and got scared for not finding Gaiti by his side. He cried and rubbed his eyes, with his little hands.

Zubiya scooped him up in his arms and patted him slowly on his back. She tried to put him back to his sleep until he felt safe enough. He rested his head on her shoulder and his arms were encircled around her neck. Zubiya walked to the lounge holding him. A dim gold light peeked through the lamp.

Looking at Saim in her arms, Gaiti's eyes widened. She surprisingly whispered, "Yeh kab uth gaya?" and moved forward to take him from Zubiya. Gaiti quietly took him trying to not wake him up as Dr Haroon entered the lounge. He was about to say something when Zubiya and Gaiti signalled him the ssshh sign, synchrony 101!! They couldn't take a sleepy Saim crying out his lungs at four in the morning, ofcourse. Dr Haroon picked up his phone from the table and both of them went to their room finally.

***

Zubiya nervously looked at Asfandyar. He was still sitting on the floor his back resting against the sofa. He held his phone looking for any important message.

The lamp shone in the lounge. In the dark, his shadow Irises appeared to be growing up the wall behind him. Soft light illuminated his mellow face. Zubiya went nearer him and sat. Their shoulders brushing against each other. Zubiya remained like that for a minute. She was about to start the conversation when he initiated it himself.

"Aaj tou aap mujhe harta dekh kar bara khush theen." He exclaimed.

"Aesi tou koyi baat nahi hai." She replied.

"Really? Mujhe tou aesa hi lag raha tha." He mentioned. "Kher. Let's sleep, itni raat hogayi hai." He offered and stood up. "Ajaou!!" He called out as he stretched his hand to help her get on her feet.

"Asfi beth jayein na abhi. Phele meri aik baat sun lein." She pulled him downwards by holding his hand tightly. She never wanted it to let go. He descended against her.

"Jee sunaein." He waited for her to speak, warmly.

"You didn't say anything after Gaiti mentioned about Adil. Mujhe laga aap upset thay because I didn't tell you. Look I'm sorry. Mein bus iss liye---" She was suddenly interrupted by him. He surely knew this was coming.

"I didn't say anything because I could feel you were really uncomfortable. Situation hi aesi thi. Haan mujhe shuru shuru mein thora ajeeb laga tha likin baad mein normal si baat lag rahi thi. I was not upset and you dont need to be sorry, yaar." He explained as he guarded his arm against her back, assuring his calmness.

"To be honest, mujhe tou khud samajh nahi araha tha ke mein kya jawab doon. Matlab you know, woh meray samne apne bhai ki profile khol ke beth gayi theen. Adil aesa hai, Adil wesa hai, Adil yeh karta hai, Adil woh karta hai, Adil ajkal Sweden mein hai, phir woh Amsterdam jaye ga. Aur Asfi mein unki shakal dekh rahi thi ke aap mujhe kyun bata rahi hain bhai, mera kya lena dena. Mujhe literally koyi interest hi nahi tha." Zubiya shared the storm of feelings inside her that were piling up since the evening. She let them go out at once. That was how comforting his company was.

Asfandyar listened patiently. There was so much to admire about her, but her raw honesty was the best part. He loved how her words spill out real slow as if the truth can take its time. It was as if there is a force behind them, yet the kind that is respectful and quiet - a determination that's observant and patient. And in those words was a wonderful compassion.

"Its okay meri jaan. Zahir hai itni haseen larki ko dekh kar unhon ne yahi socha hoga ke meray bhai ki life mein bhi itni khubsoorti ajaye. Phir jab unko pata chala hoga ke itni pyari si larki already married hai tou woh disappoint hi hoyi hongi. Likin unhon ne socha hoga ke phir bhi bata deti hoon, kabhi koyi vacancy khali hoyi tou mere bhai ka bhi chance lag jaye." He remarked, casually laughing.

"Kya matlab koyi vacancy khaali hou? Koyi aviation ki job hai? Jou vacancy khaali hou tou unke pilot bhai ko chance mil jaye?" She instantly replied, sarcastically.

"Nahi I mean kabhi kabhi life mein tragedies ho jati hain na. Koyi mar jata hai ya phir---" he couldn't complete what he was saying because Zubiya cut him off in between.

"Asfiii !!!" she snapped back angrily. The reality of life, this dark side scared her. She was scared of death. After all that she had gone through, when her teenage dreams of peace and serenity were shattered, she felt isolated and alone. On her own in the world, with no one around who cared, no one to laugh with she had suffered so much.But suddenely having her life in the perfect shape, with the most loving human being as her husband, she was scared of death. "Abb meri life mein kisi bhi tragedy ki koyi space nahi bachi. Itna kuch kho dene ke baad aap ko paya hai, Asfi. Aap ke ilawa mera koyi nahi hai, jis ke sath mein apni baki ki life guzar sakoon aur mujhe koyi chaheyey bhi nahi, trust me. Mera aaj aur mera kal sirf apke sath hai. AND I NEED YOU TO KNOW THAT!! She melted down in seconds, her eyes wattered. The high oestrogen levels created a wreak havoc within her system.

Asfandyar listened calmly as her every word came out. When she told him of her sorrows, he believed it through his every cell because that's right there in everything she was, from her eyes to the pattern of her thoughts. She was the loving essence in his life, tidying, supporting yet encouraging growth. It really takes a great spirit to come through so much and become the person that you are. So yeah, he admired her.

She had finished crying her heart out and waited for him to say something in return. He looked at her, quietly. He felt great. It was great while this connecting confession lasted, great to be loved immensely by her, great that she was finally bringing up her insecurities and sorrows, great that she was trusting again, it was great to feel the warmth of her cheek next to his own. He unintentionally found his hand brushing her soft hair from her face. He had so much to say, but found no words to put it out.

Zubiya realised her late night emotional meltdown had left him with no words. She suddenly realised that all of this was so unnecessary and she mentally faced palmed herself for being so vulnerable at once. "Asfi?" she called out softly.

"Jee?" he replied, his gaze not faltering for once.

"Aesay kya dekh rahay hain?"

"Kuch nahi. Bus aapke spiralling Oestrogen Hormones enjoy kar raha hoon. Abhi thori der phele aap game jeetney ki khushi mein uchal rahi theen, abhi aap rou rahi hain. Itne sudden mood swings!!" he sounded amused. Listening to him she laughed cheekily, swiping her wet eyes.

Asfandyar bent slowly and placed a soft kiss near her neck. "Mazak kar raha hoon. Mein bus kabhi kabhi itni deep feelings ko confront kar ke thora, you know, thora speechless ho jata hoon." he replied, pausing to find a suitable word to explain. "Moreover, it feels really good when you share everything with me. Hamesha karti rehna." he added. Zubia smiled back shyly. She was just the right blend of shy and sweet.

As for her, Asfandyar quite simply, was the kindest and most reliable person she had ever met. She loved him with a fiery passion, she so did. And as reliability is the cornerstone of trust, she trusted him with her life. She was never more calm, more whole, more healthy than when he was by her side.

***

Zubiya was coming through the corridor, after returning Gaiti's mobile phone that was quite charged until then. The rain drops fell against the large window panes and slid downwards in a swift. She could see the waves of the liquid washing the pavement of driveway, creating a melancholic song. Zubiya was almost crossing one of the sliding door leading to the balcony when a tight grip pulled her out in the open sky under the pouring rain. Her eyes widened in amazement as she screeched, "ASFIIIII !!!"

Zubiya was under the sky, as the rain drops came and met her body. Just as a drop of crystal-clear water appeared on her fragile skin, she smiled to herself. Within minutes she was drenched from head to toe. The rain was something that stopped her thoughts from buzzing, calmed her, but at the same time excited her. She stood there, her gaze burning into the horizon, staring at the beauty of the crying clouds. She pulled her wet hair behind her saturated form as she sauntered in the soft rain, small pellets of water spitting on her hands. Meanwhile her gaze shifted to him.

In the rain Asfandyar's hair became one with his face, wetly draped over the bone structure that drove Zubiya crazy. It made her want to feel every inch of his skin. He swept Zubiya's hair aside.

"Mera promise poora hogaya." He whispered softly in her ear as more rain fell over them. He admired everything about her, from the way the breeze blew her hair to the soft Irish lilt to her voice. To him she looked like some kind of a water sprite. The insane rain had the most lovable gesture embracing them in the chilled gust of wind.

She sank herself into his arms. She hung her fingeers on his waistband, dragging him closer. Standing across him, looking him straight in his eyes she confessed for the hundredth time, "I love you Asfi, bohat bohat bohat ziada!!" and buried her face in his shoulder curve. Asfandyar's hands flexed around her back. He gave a reduced groan. "I love you too meri jaan" into her hair. The cool drizzling rain falling on their faces.

It was one of the happiest moment that she actually remember being.

***

By five both of them were inside their bedroom again. Back after a looongg day, full of moments. It was nearly morning breaking out now, Sun nowhere to be seen as it was hiding behind the thick black clouds.

Both of them were saturated with rain water. The water accumalating thoroughly from their heads till their feets. Zubiya decided to take warm shower before going to bed.

She walked leisurely to the shower, steam filled the room as she cut the shower on. She bathed her skin lightly. The faucet rushed, releasing thousands of lukewarm drops, darkening her hair and trickling down her back. She relaxed beneath the hot shower, reliving the moments over and over.

Some minutes later, she walked out the of shower. Her lips parted as she inhaled deeply. The site of him was a turn on for her. The water dripped down his curly hair softly. Slowly they made their way to his body and the perfect abs he had. The water defined his well, organized and obviously worked out body. He had taken his shirt off.

The pinkish red colour infused her cheeks. Zubiya suppressed a smile. He could tell from her blush, that her romantic hormones were unusually kicking in. Her even gold skin had a rosiness to it, it was so cute. Dimpled with the blossoming smile and her eyes shone.

She nervously made her way to the dresser, applying a moisturizer. Million of dangerous thoughts kept ruling her mind and she kept flaking them away telling she was so unready for that anyway. Asfandyar had never forced her into anything. Always giving her all the space and the time she wanted. He was very considerate and understanding after all.

"Wese Zubiya. Amsterdam mein baarishein bohat hoti hain." He mischieviously mentioned.

"Tou??" She asked unable to connect the logic.

"Tou yeh ke, Adil Amsterdam jaye ga Sweden ke baad. Soch lou itni buri choice bhi nahi hai!" He shrugged and laughed, bringing back that annoying character.

"ASFI." she looked at him seriously. He laughed as he ruffled his wet hair, forcing out the water droplets. She let out a sly smile too.

"Likin Zubiya, phir bhi soch lou baad mein na kehna aap mujhe bohat tangg karte hain. Mujhe shaadi se phele soch lena chaheyey tha." He played on. "And by the way pilots poori duniya ghumate hain. Inke apne private jets hotay hain, apni family ko plane ke private cabin mein travel karwatey hain. Full time elite, you know." he further added, teasing her.

Keh tou aesay rahain hai jesay abhi hamari shaadi hoyi nahi hai aur mein abhi bhi koyi aur decision le sakti hoon!!

"Theek hai, sochon gi." She decided to carry on too, putting the moisturizer back.

"Nahi bhai, time kam hai. Abhi decide karna paray ga."

Zubiya looked at him, with a fiery passion. "Theek hai soch liya." she boldly exclaimed stepping nearer.

"Okayy aur apka decision kya hai?" He asked. His hands perfectly framing her slim waist.

She looked him in his eyes and saw her entire universe. What else has to be her choice except him. "Mera hitler boss hi chaheyey mujhe. Aaj, kal aur hamesha!!" She divulged boldly, her hands resting on his bare chest.

He rolled his eyes in a sudden surprise due to her bold confession but he was feeling too macho to show it.

"Ohhhh achaa!!" he naughtily looked at her, moving closer.

She pushed him back, laughing. "Stop trespassing dangerous territories Asfi. Go and take a shower." she ordered still laughing. He shook his head in helplessness and laughed too.

***

They snuggled into the soft duvet and closed their eyes. Zubiya automatically drew closer into him as he caressed her cheek. She tugged his shirt a little tighter, so that it enclosed her in warmth. The chilled air moved in with the blossoming brilliant arcs of the sun rays for a new day. Up for so long, they were finally ready to sleep. Together and close. God, they were so in lovee!!

A/N: Hello my lovely readers. This is hands down the longest chapter of all. There was so much more I wanted to put out but didn't want you all to wait any longer, so here I'm back again. Honestly this chapter drained out all my energy and I tried my best to create a good content this time too. So yeah, please do tell me about your views. Also mention the part you liked the most (that's like, a task for you ;)

Don't forget to vote and comment and please share it with all the Asfiya fans you know.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

20.7K 1.7K 39
Brought together by the circumstances, Amar and Haseena realize how they could spend their lives together! It's a simple story. A fan fiction based o...
425K 19.1K 76
Hi guys I'm a silent reader. Now I thought to pen down my thoughts in the form of a short story. Please support me Guyz... It's an arshi ff starts f...
30.5K 1.5K 13
What if the seeds of the storm that you have sown now threaten to wreak havoc in the life of the person you care about the most? Can you find the str...
5.3K 493 22
continuation of the story after abhinav's accident. When people were searching for his body. This is for only akshnav fans as I will showcase Abhiman...