The Forgotten Descendants

By YuiMizu1412

Set in The Lovely Princess universe.Its been two decades after Princess Athanasia's death.Or so the Obelian E... More

Prologue
20 years later
The Forgotten Family
The Dead Princess
The Unwanted Royal Summon
The Choosen Magician
Their First Encounter
The Cursed Emperor
Spoiled Brat of the Empire
The Surrogate Grandmother
Special Part:Birthday
The Captured Rat
The Uncrowned Empress
From the Consort's Eye
The Same Tragedy
The Eldest's Melancholy
Unveiled Past
Awaited Confrontation

Arrival at the Capital

8.8K 382 165
By YuiMizu1412

Roger Alpheus paced anxiously in his office,a deep frown marring his forehead.A lot of thoughts are swirling quickly in his mind as he pondered his next move to gain advantage in the princess's decision to summon all the magicians in the empire.

"What are you so worried about?"

The duke turned his head to gaze at the laidback voice.A man with golden blonde hair and shimmering jewel blue eyes is sprawling leisurely on the couch,his eyes twinkling in amusement at the silver-haired man's actions.

"How come I am not worried?What if the Emperor did get better with all this gathering of magicians?Not to mention that you barely able to restore your magical abilities,Your Majesty,"nagged Roger as he stared exasperatedly at the younger man.

Anastacius glared at the man,his smile gone before his indifferent eyes quickly take over.He ran a hand through his blonde hair before sighing, "There is no need to be so worry.The magicians of the Black Tower is supposed to be a group of the strongest magician in the empire.The elite of the elites.There is a reason why only they are permitted to serve the royal family.I doubt that other weaklings that called themselves magicians can heal Claude at this rate."

The man smirked and continued, "Afterall,looking at Claude's condition I guessed that he only have a few months left before he kicked the bucket.I have more than enough time by then to take back my rightful position as the Emperor."

After Claude stabbed him in his chest,he had left Anastacius alone on the bloodied palace floors.With the amount of blood he had spilled out from the wound,it was a certainty that he will die from blood loss.However,unbeknownst to his younger brother,Anastacius barely managed to voice out a substitute spell before he quickly mouthed another.

The forbidden resurrection spell born from the arts of black magic.

Like all black magic spell,the resurrection spell required such a heavy price to be used.He used the spell at the cost of his physical form.His mana thoroughly depleted when the spell worked its magic.His spirit drifted like a ghost outside the palace walls.He could only gain his body by preserving his mana for 20 years and it is only to maintain his physical form.It will take another 20 years for him to gain his magical abilities as much as the amount he had in his youth.

25 years after the coup d'état,Anastacius finally revealed himself infront of Duke Alpheus.The duke was shocked to see him alive after all these years,casually thanking him for taking Jennette under his protection.Roger was flustered for awhile,finally realised that his ward is the daughter of Anastacius and not the current emperor's daughter.The man offered the duke a deal that he will raise the Alpheus family as the official advisor to the Emperor in return for his help to gain Anastacius the emperor title back.

As Roger has little influence on the royal family despite his son married to Jennette,the Crown Princess,he agreed.The ambitious man often dissatisfied with Emperor Claude's decision to rise the ducal house of Robane's prestige as their young duke serves as the Emperor's right-hand and guard.Not to mention,he had no dare to oppose Anastacius,who were called the Bloody Emperor during his short reign.He was infamous for killing his other jewel eyes siblings,save for Claude whom shared the same mother, when he first step up as the Emperor and for practicing black magic on innocent souls.

Suddenly,both men's thoughts are interrupted by the knocking on the door.

"My lord,Her Highness Princess Jennette has come to visit you,"chimed a maid politely infront of the door.

After Anastacius has taken refuge in the Alpheus mansion,all servants are banned from entering the master office without permission.It has incited confusion among the servants but they simply obeyed,thinking that maybe their master needs more privacy in his age.

Roger pinched the bridge of his nose and sighed, "Let her in."

He knows full well the princess's intention in visiting him.

A moment later,the mahogany door of the office opens,revealing a beautiful brunette.Roger observed Anastacius as the blonde man's lips widen to a fatherly smile.

"Welcome,my dear daughter."

These days,it was never him who Jennette seeks when she arrived at her in-law's mansion.

Jennette gives a lovely smile as her gaze landed at the man leisurely sprawled across the couch.An adoring look reflected in her blue jewel eyes.

"Daddy."

It was always to see him,her real biological father.

***
Arius was deep in thought as he lay down his body on the bed of the motel in the capital.His mind wandered back to the time when he discussed what should he do with his parents about the summon to the imperial palace.

"Maybe we should just burn this letter and pretend nothing happen?"suggested Emrys hopefully,his eyes darting back and forth between Lucas and Athanasia.

Lucas sighed and scratched the back of his head. "We could do that but the chance you both will live above your twentieth birthday probably disappears."

Their mother is still sobbing sadly on the chair in the living room,lamenting the fact that her past still managed to tangle itself in her children's life.

Arius,who has been silent the whole time,suddenly spoke up, "How about we just go and do whatever the royals want us to do?"

The first to reject the idea is obviously Emrys,his hot-tempered twin, " Arius,have you gone crazy?Don't you remember what had they done to Mom?Do you know who was the one who tried to kill-..."

"I know,"interrupted the blonde teenager. "I know full well who are there in the capital and who is the one who needed our help.However,it didn't change the fact that we are still the citizens of the empire and you have forgotten one thing,Emrys."

The black-haired boy huffed, "What?"

"Athanasia de Alger Obelia is dead 20 years ago," stated Arius with a smirk hanging on his lips.Emrys's eyes widen.

"And I have no interest to change that fact.Let's just do our job and see what those annoying royals and nobles are doing in this time of crisis.I bet we can see something interesting there."

When the twins exchanged a cunning smirk to each other,Lucas sighed once more with a proud smile on his face. "You both are really my sons," exclaimed the magician as he playfully rubbed their heads.

The boys grinned before turning their eyes to their mother,their gazes soft and gentle.Athanasia wiped the tears from her face and stood up,facing her sons.

"This is never a matter that I should decided for you both.You two have the right to do what you want in your lives.Just promise me one thing,take care of yourselves when you get there.If you wanted to help the royal family,it is your choice.I won't have it against you both.My past is not your burden to take care of and I have long let it go.Just...stay safe and protect each other,okay?"Athanasia softly muttered as she gently cupped both of their faces with her hands.

The boys smiled as they grabbed her hands gently with their own and hugged her.

"We will."

As the mother hugged her two boys,upset voices can be heard.The girls are awake.

"What's this?You left us out!"exclaimed Attheia  as she pushed a strand of black hair behind her ear annoyedly.

"That's right!Eva wants to hug Mom too!"demanded Eva with her blonde hair still messy from sleep.

Later,the house was filled with laughter as the two girls jumped on their mother and brothers.

His thoughts ended when a pillow smacked his face.Arius glared at his grinning companion.

Emrys simply ignored the seething glare Arius threw at him,far too used to it. "Stop brooding.We just arrived,afterall.Let's go out and explore the town."

The blonde rolled his eyes and turn to his side.His back facing the black-haired teen.

"Go by yourself,"mumbled Arius not so quietly.

"Come on!We only got today to go sightseeing before we need to go to the palace tomorrow and it might be our only chance to see the town,"exclaimed Emrys excitedly as he dragged his twin from the bed.

"Fine.You're paying for me,then."stated Arius as he stood up from bed,ignoring Emrys' complains about how the older brother should pay for the younger sibling.

After they masked their blue jewel eyes with magic and change their hair colour to dark brown,the twins head out from the motel.The place was recommended by Mr.Cadoc as the owner is an old friend of his,so they managed to get a bit of discount for renting a room.The owner himself is very friendly with them and both of them planned to help at the bar when they have the chance.

Bustling sounds of people greeted them when they exited their temporary lounge.They strolled leisurely through the market with Arius making sure Emrys paid for every single thing they bought.He did no see the problem with it as he knew his twin is using counterfeit money,a trick from Lucas to reduce their budget(albeit it was kept a secret from their mother).

As they chew their chicken skewers,they arrived at a large square.A stage is in the middle of it,seemingly unused but the sight around it confused them.At the right section of the stage,all variety of different flowers was laid and the left section was filled with papers littered on the ground.When they opened one of them,it was filled with curses and insults.

Filling with curiosity,the twins asked a nearby old woman who was managing a fruit stall near the stage.

"Excuse me,ma'am."spoke Emrys politely. "May we take some of your time?"

The old lady brightened at the sight of them. "Oh my!What handsome boys you both are.May I help you?"

"Yes.Actually we are wondering about the stage at the square,"started Arius casually. "Does something happened around the area?Or it serves as some historical monument?"

The old woman's face visibly changes.Her bright expression turns a little somber.Maybe a little regretful. "You both must be not around here.Is it your first time in the capital?"

"Yes.This is the first time we arrived at the capital.We came from the east,"confirmed Emrys gently.He was quite puzzled at her sudden expressions. "We came for the royal summon from the palace."

The lady nodded in understanding.The news of the Emperor's health has reached the people and everyone wished for the monarch's health to improve.Then,the woman explained the absurd sight of the square.

"Actually,the stage is the very place where the first princess was executed 20 years ago,"explained the old woman. "The sight you both just saw is what the people feel about her execution.After the princess was found out to be innocent from poisoning Princess Jennette,the public has mixed feelings about her death.Some of the people felt remorse for the princess' execution.Especially the poor and the ones who was helped by the princess.Another half of them felt the execution was justified as the princess was in the way of Princess Jennette to be the heir to the throne.The flowers you see at the right corner of the stage are the tributes for the princess and the left side is...you can see for yourself.

The twins can no longer taste the chicken in their mouth.If felt as if they were chewing raw meat.Their faces noticeably ashen from the story.

Not realising their pale faces,the lady continued, "I,myself,felt that we are all guilty for sentencing the princess for an act she didn't do.I was young woman at the time and I was swept by the anger of the crowd.I still remember when I threw a stone at her and it hit her head.Blood flowed down her beautiful face and she didn't even cry at the pain."

"But I was satisfied.I thought that I had punished a criminal that hurt a princess of the empire,"confessed the lady and tears brimmed at the corner of her wrinkled eyes.Regret and sorrow filled her gaze.

"Now,when I am old enough to think back about my actions and already know the truth I realised that I had been a fool.I was one of the people who robbed away her life and my regret intensified when I found out that the princess was the one who helped me to buy medicine for my sick father.Her jewel eyes hidden underneath the cloak.I only know it when my father told me he saw her eyes and blonde hair when she sat alone with him on the bed,"lamented the lady.

"After that,I give a white rose for her everyday.It might not reach her but I hoped she will forgive me for my ungratefulness.For being such a sinful and rude subject to her."

***

After hearing the story,Arius and Emrys quickly excused themselves.They did not think they can hold themselves any longer if they stay at the stall for another minute before the old woman stopped them.

"Wait,young boys."stopped the woman. "Here.Take some of my apples.My treat.Consider it as my thanks for listening to this old lady's rambling and my token of appreciation for possible candidates for healing our Emperor."

They accepted the apples without a word before literally bolting to their motel.Emrys threw the apples on the small table between their beds before collapsing to his own bed.He and his twin brother rests in silence.Today's sightseeing had turn for the worst for both of them.

As they got lost in their thoughts,they wandered back home to their beloved Mom.How had she felt back then?She witnessed an entire empire turned their backs to her for a crime she did not commit.Was she felt betrayed by those she had helped?The mere sight of it must be so appalling.Is it such a great sin for her to earn love and affections from her biological father?With only the backing of the Ruby Palace's maids when she was accused,her hands and legs must be tied down completely.

Against the Emperor and the entire Obelia Empire,the outcast Princess Athanasia stood no chance.

She failed to get the acceptance of her family that she had to turn to the people for it.Yet,those very same people betrayed her.

An ordinary person would be completely broken by the situation.Arius and Emrys thought that if their father was not there for her,their mother would be not as strong as she is presently.They admitted that their mother is a broken person but with Lucas' presence the broken pieces was held together again.Slowly.Gently.

They thought the old lady was foolish,indeed.A young girl who thought she was doing the empire a favour by scraping the body of criminal with rocks and the same woman lamented her actions in her old age when the truth came out.How has other people feel about it?Especially those who has received the helping hand of a princess whose name considered a taboo in the present society?

Once again,the twins contemplated their views on the harsh world around them.

***
Author's note:I almost cry when I wrote the chapter.Seriously.

The manhwa never depicted how the reactions of the public to the execution.I hope I delivered it well enough and I always wondered how it felt like to be executed infront of a huge crowd like that.What does Athanasia in the novel really feels at the moment.

And...a new chapter just released yesterday!I stan fatherly Felix and I am satisfied about the brief Lucathy scene in it.A jealous Lucas is the best Lucas,don't you all agree?

As always,a helpful comments are always welcome and support me by voting to the story.See you again in the next chappie!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.7K 287 19
Sufferings... Everyone have them in their lives .. But her's were always silent... When her feelings of emotions become too much... She over all sto...
4.4K 235 17
The third time's the charm, as they always say. This is the third time that Athanasia was reincarnated into the same universe. The first time, she wa...
56.5K 1.7K 24
I'm tired. I did my best, no one acknowledged me. It seems to be hell wherever I go or do. I died and reincarnated. When can I stop acting? "END MY M...
13.4K 418 8
LOVELY PRINCESS NOVEL AU. The abandoned and neglected princess of the obelia empire Athanasia de alger obelia who only want the love of her father, b...