L O V E (Nicky Harper x oc)

By xxhargreevesxx

Olivia Miller has known the Harpers her whole life. Literally. She has a close relationship with all of them... More

Introduction
Chapter one - Pilot
Chapter two- Dawn moves out
Chapter three- Get sporty-er
Chapter four- Field Of Brains
Chapter five- Scaredy Dance
Chapter seven- Poo Dunnit
Chapter eight- I Got Your Back
Chapter nine- The Sad Tail of Gary-Chip-Tiny Elvis-Squishy Paws
Chapter ten- Santa's Little Harpers (And Miller)
Chapter eleven- The Quadfather
Chapter twelve- The Quad(Plus Olivia)-Test
Chapter thirteen- The Secret
Chapter fourteen- Take The Money And Run

Chapter six- Remote Control Control

2K 44 33
By xxhargreevesxx

     Olivia watched as her favorite quads popped out of their hiding spots, narrowed their eyes at each other, and rushed to grab the remote, all four grabbing it at the same time and fighting over it. The quads all liked different things on the TV, and she didn't fight with them because she didn't mind what they liked, and if it is one of those times she doesn't like something, she'll just go find something else to do, like practice her flexibility and cheers. In truth, she likes TV, but it's not her favorite thing, unlike the quads.

     Tom and Andrew opened the (What is it?) to the kitchen, and the kids hid under the counter of it.

     "We can't fight over the remote every time we want to watch TV." Dicky said.

Ok, so you might be wondering, why doesn't Olivia just watch TV at her house if she wants to watch smething? Well, she barely ever does, because the Millers are basically never home, and Olivia's parents don't want her home without an adult.

     "He's right." Dawn said. "You should just let me have it. You all know your lives are better when I'm in control."

     "You mean, when I'm in control." Ricky said.

     "I'd like to be in control for once." Nicky told them.

     "Please, leave this to the big dogs." Ricky told him.

     "And Dicky why are you still in this?" Dawn asked. "You know Ricky or I always end up with it."

     "We wanna be big dogs." Nicky said.

     "Yeah." Dicky agreed.

     "Fine, the only fir way to do this is if we all let go at the same time." Ricky said.

     "Fine."

     "Fine."

     "Woof."

     Olivia watched as Ricky and Nicky let go but Dawn and Dicky stayed holding on.

     "Ha! You let go! The remote is mine." Dawn pulled up the remote, only to see Dicky's hand still on it. "Well well well. There's a new dog in the yard."

     "Woof."

     "You guys cheated!" Ricky yelled as Dawn and Dicky fought over the remote. "I'm not surprised about you. You're the I can't stand to lose girl. But, Dicky, you're supposed to be the cool I don't care guy."

     "Now I'm the cool I got the remote guy."

     "Ooh, can I move up to I don't care guy?" Nicky asked.

     "Real I don't care guys don't care enough to ask that question." Dicky said.

     "That's not rue!" Nicky yelled. "I mean, whatevs."

     Olivia smiled slightly.

     "Face it, you're more like the guy we don't have to worry about guy." Ricky told his youngest brother.

     Olivia frowned. That's not very nice.

     Dawn chuckled. "Dicky this was cute, and props for tricking Ricky, but I think we both know how this is gonna end. With you wishing it never began, so step down."

     "Oh, I'll step down." Dicky stomped on Dawn's foot.

     "Ow! Oh, you want to dance? Let's dance!"

     The two began to stomp on each other's feet.

     All of a sudden, there was a noise, and the five turned to the TV.

     Olivia gasped when she saw what they did.

     "You just deleted Dad and Andrew's show!" Nicky yelled. "I mean, whatevs."

     Tom and Andrew came out of the kitchen.

     "Celebrity dog houses!" Tom yelled, running over. 

     "That was the season furnale!" Andrew gasped, also running over.

     "What have you done?" Tom asked, turning to his kids.

     "I didn't do anything!" Ricky defended himself.

     "Why is it whenever we leave the room, you kids fight over the remote?" Tom asked.

     "Because you don't like it when we do it in front of you." Dicky said.

     Olivia snorted, then tried covering it up with a cough when Andrew glared at her.

     "And because they don't have any remote skills." Dawn told her dad.

     "Please, I've got the skills to pay the bills." Dicky said.

     Tom sighed. "There is only one person who pays the bills around here. And that is your mother. Now that's it. No more television for the whole weekend."

     "WHAT?!" Dicky and Dawn yelled.

     "Good parenting Dad." Ricky said. "They deserve it."

     "All of you."

     "And that includes you, too, Olivia." Andrew said.

     "WHAT?!" Nicky and Ricky yelled.

     Olivia pretended to have a hurt look on her face, she could easily find something else to do, but she knew that if she showed her father she didn't care, he would find another punishment, and that punishment would be no quads for the weekend, and to her, that was the worst punishment.

     "I don't want any fighting this weekend." Tom said. "Tomorrow is your mother and I and Andrew and Amanda's anniversary, and this year, you are not gonna ruin it."

     "But we didn't ruin it last year." Dawn said. "You did."

     "Yeah, you're the one who bought your lady those snow tires." Dicky agreed.

     "Well this year is gonna be perfect." Tom told them. "Especially now that I don't have to listen to you guys argue about who's the best at the remote, which by the way, is pointless since we all know it's me. You might want to film this."

     Dawn recorded her father.

     "Go." Tom instructed. "Stop." 

     "You didn't do anything." Olivia said, confused.

     "Check the footage. In slo-mo."

     The five kids looked at the video in slo-mo and saw Tom doing cool tricks with the remote.

     "Oooooooohhhhhh."

     "Well, at least we can still watch on this all day." Dawn held out her hand, only to find her phone not there anymore.

     "Looking for this?" They looked over at Tom, who was now laying on the counter with Dawn's phone. "Oh. Oh, I look good on camera."

     "I wonder what's going on in there." Dicky said.

     The quads were on the couch, staring longingly at the black TV screen.

     Olivia rolled her eyes. She was on the arm chair, reading Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban.

     "So many wonderful things." Dawn said dreamily.

     "Thanks to you two cheaters, the only thing I can see is the reflection of your cheating faces." Ricky snapped.

     "I saw this movie once where this kid stared at the TV super hard, and it finally came on." Nicky told his siblings. "Then his head exploded."

     "I'll take that chance."

     "Me too."

     Olivia watched, bemused, as they stared super hard at the TV. However, she did become a little concerned when the TV did come on, wondering if Nicky's movie was true and their heads would actually explode.

     The quads screamed and held their heads.

     Tom and Anne came down the stairs, laughing at them.

     "Television programmed."

     Olivia looked curiously at the voice, which happened to be an electronic in Tom's hands.

     "What is that?" Dawn asked.

     "Not what. Who." Tom corrected his only daughter. "Dawn, Olivia,Nicky, Ricky, Dicky, meet Clicky. She's like a sixth child to me."

     Olivia's heart swelled as he said sixth, meaning she was like a fifth.

     "Except this one will actually do as I say."

     Aaaaannnndd, moment over.

     "It's his new universal remote." Anne informed the children. 

     "When I'm finished programming her, she'll control everything in the house." Tom said.

     "That's sick dad!" Dicky stood up. "Show us how she turns on the TV again."

     Olivia smirked behind her hand. Points to Dicky. That was clever.

     "Oh, it's so easy. You- heyyy nice try. You're still not allowed to watch TV."

     "Why not?" Anne asked.

     Tom explained to his wife why they're not allowed to watch TV.

     Anne pulled Tom away from the kids and they had a private conversation.

     "All right you kids can watch TV." Tom said.

     "YES!"

     "But you have to share nicely and quietly, and under no circumstances are you to disturb us before 10 a.m."

     Anne whispered something in Tom's ear. He giggled. "11 a.m."

     "We won't."

     "Don't worry."

     "Thank you."

     "Promise."

     "And if I have to come down here and break up a fight, whoever's responsible will lose TV for a month."  Tom pressed Clicky, to make her do a 'dun dun dun' for dramatic effect. "She even has comedic timing." 

     The parents went back upstairs.

     Dicky stood up.  "This is awesome!"

     Dawn stood up too. "We're getting our lives back."

     "All right, we've got a second chance here." Ricky said, him and Nicky standing up.

     It was Olivia's turn to stand up. "I'll make sure you don't blow it."

     "No fighting over the remote and no waking up early to try to steal it." Ricky told Dicky and Dawn. "Can I trust you two this time?"

     "Absolutely." Dicky answered immediately.

     "No fighting over the remote." Dawn declared.

     The next morning, Dicky and Dawn raced down the stairs.

     Olivia followed calmly behind them, wincing as they yelled. They're going to wake their parents!

     Olivia walked right past them as they bickered and looked for the remote, and into the kitchen for some breakfast.

     In the kitchen, she found Nicky and Ricky.

     "Hey guys." She greeted, a smile on her face.

     "Hey Livy." Nicky smiled.

     "What are you doing?" She asked.

     "Making breakfast for Mom and Dad."

     "That's thoughtful of you."

     Ricky rolled his eyes as he heard Dicky and Dawn's loud arguing. He went over to the thing, Nicky following, and opened it. 

     She watched from the background as Dicky and Dawn ran up the stairs to get the remote from their parents' room, which was a really bad idea, but she didn't bother stopping them. 

     Nicky tried to stop them, but they didn't listen. He tried to go after him but Ricky stopped him and showed him the remote he had in his pocket.

     Olivia sighed. "Is that really necessary?"

     "Yes. It is."

     "You found it. Hey guys!" Nicky tried to tell Dicky and Dawn, but Ricky, once again, stopped him.

     "Let them wake up mom and dad."

     "What are you doing?" Nicky asked.

     "This is so unlike you." Olivia said.

     Nicky nodded in agreement.

     "Sometimes in order to win, you have to do the opposite of what people expect." Ricky asserted. (Yes, i did have to look up words to say other than said) "They think you're gonna zig, you gotta zag."

     "It just feels weird." Nicky said. "You're the I always do the right thing guy."

     "Did Dawn and Dicky do the right thing when they tricked us?" Ricky asked him.

     "No."

     "And how about when they got the TV taken away from us?"

     "No."

     "So, when they wake up mom and dad, they'll lose TV, and you and I will have control over the remote for a whole month!"Ricky yelled. Honestly, he sounded like a Disney villain concocting an evil plan to ruin the hero's life.

     "You're selling dreams and I'm buying." Nicky sated.

     Olivia sighed. She loves the quads, but she is glad she doesn't have her own siblings.

     When Olivia was done with her cereal, (I actually accidentally spelled it serial XD) and Nicky and Ricky were done with their parents' breakfast, they heard Dicky and Dawn arguing.

     "You hear that?" Ricky asked happily. "That's the sweet sound of mom and dad about to punish somebody."

     Nicky smiled. "But not us."

     Ricky took the tray and him in Nicky left the kitchen. Olivia followed just to see what would happen.

     In the living room, it was just Dawn and Dicky fighting over something.

     "Where's mom and dad?" Nicky asked them as Olivia sat down in the armchair closest to the kitchen.

     "You didn't wake them up and get in trouble?" Ricky asked incredulously.

     "Nope."

     "Yaaay." Ricky sobbed. Olivia snickered as Ricky put the tray down.

     "Is that Clicky?" Nicky asked nervously.

     "Yup, we couldn't find the TV remote." Dawn answered as she continued trying to pry Clicky out out Dicky's hands. 

     "Don't worry, I'll have this baby back in dad's hands before he wakes up." Dicky assured them.

     "G-guys, this is really bad." Nicky stammered.

     Ricky put a strawberry in his mouth and pulled him into the kitchen. Olivia was too tired to get up and follow them, so she stayed and watch Dicky and Dawn fight over Clicky, thinking about Nicky.

     However, the sound of Clicky falling in orange juice snapped her out of her thoughts. She gasped, horrified, and put her head in her hands. She didn't want Dicky and Dawn to get into trouble, unlike Ricky and Nicky.

     "What did you do?" They asked each other in unison.

     Dawn chuckled nervously. "It'll be fine. It's just some juice." She picked it up and tried to turn it on, but it sparked, making her drop it, this time into yogurt.

     Olivia shook her head and laughed humorlessly, what else would happen?

     "And some yogurt." Dawn said.

     Dicky and Dawn decided to use a towel, and Dicky's blow dryer, much to the confusion of Olivia, wouldn't that just make it worse? No?

     "Okay, I think she's dry." Dawn said after they had been drying it for a while. "You ready?"

     "Hold on." Dicky pointed the blow dryer at himself to make his hair blow back.

     Olivia rolled her eyes. 

     "I'm good." He smiled as if Dawn wasn't looking at him the way she was, and put the blow dryer down.

     Dawn turned Clicky on, and the angelic music slowed.

     "Is it working?" Dicky asked.

     "Kinda sorta maybe. Here, let's try it on the TV." Dawn went over to the couch, and Dicky followed. Olivia stayed at the counter. "Please please please please." She pressed the TV button but instead of the TV turning on, the lights turned off.

     Ricky poked his head out of the kitchen. "Maybe you didn't say please enough."

     Dawn pressed the TV button again. The lights turned on. "That's weird. I pressed the TV button, but it made the lights go on and off."

     "Maybe the lights button will make the TV come on." Dicky suggested.

     Dawn tried it and Olivia's hair blew all around her face.

     "That's the air conditioning!" Dicky yelled. "Give me that!" Dicky took Clicky and pressed something, which made the air conditioning back to normal. "See? Let a master do it." He pressed something else, and the vacuum started moving, the dog on it. Olivia chuckled and pet the dog.

     "Way to go, master." Dawn said sarcastically.

     "Hey, if this were on TV, you would go, 'Wow, I can't believe this is on TV.'"

     Olivia furrowed her eyebrows, what does that have anything to do with the situation?

     Dawn snatched Clicky out of his hands and pressed buttons. Nothing happened. "Great, now it's not doing anything."

     They both started pressing buttons. Still, nothing happened.

     "See? Nothing."

     "Maybe we need to press harder."

     They pressed and pressed and nothing happened.

     Dawn told her plan of how they would sneak Clicky back, and then they started arguing.

     Ricky came out of the kitchen. "You guys remotely closer to getting that thing fixed? Oh, I am on fuego today."  He turned around to do something, and Olivia noticed his mistake, and so did Dawn.

     "Hold up there, lumpy butt."

     "It's not me." Ricky denied. "It's these lousy pants."

     Dawn went over and grabbed the remote out of his apron.

     Olivia didn't want to listen to anymore arguing, so she went into the kitchen. There, she found Nicky.

     "Hey Nicky!"

     He jumped, and looked to see who it was. "Oh. Hey, Livy." He smiled.

     She smiled back. "Whatcha doing?"

     "Just finishing mom and dad's breakfast." 

     Nikcy furrowed his eyebrows.

     "What?" Olivia asked.

     "Listen."

     Olivia obliged, and she heard yelling from upstairs.

     They went over to the counter and looked into the living room, where the other three were still arguing.

     "Quiet!" Olivia yelled. "Do you hear that?"

     The three listened, and Olivia and Nicky came out of the kitchen.

     "It sounds like mom and dad are calling for us." Nicky implied.

     "Maybe they need help." Ricky said.

     "Please, we're not falling for another one of your tricks." Dawn demurred.

     "Maybe dad noticed Clicky is gone." Nicky stressed. He went to run up to their room.

     "What are you doing?" Ricky asked.

     "I'm going to tell them we didn't break Clicky. You know they're going to believe whoever gets there first."

     Dawn and Dicky immediately ran up the stairs.

     "Wow." Ricky said. "Nice ob tricking them into going upstairs."

     "I wasn't tricking them!" Nicky screamed. Yes, screamed. "I'm freaking out! You should be too!"

     "Me?"

     "What if they tell mom and dad this was your fault?"

     "My fault? They're the ones who broke Clicky."

     "Yeah, but you hid the TV remote and started this whole thing!"

     "I just wanted to watch TV. Wait! Don't listen to them!" Ricky yelled as he ran upstairs.

     Nicky smirked and Olivia narrowed her eyes. "You did do it on purpose, didn't you?" 

     He chuckled nervously. "I don't know what you're talking about."

     Olivia raised her eyebrows and crossed her arms sassily, (Pretend that's a word) and gave him a look.

     He sighed. "Okay, fine. I did do it on purpose. But I really want to watch what I like! They never let me!"

     Olivia just shook her head, chuckling once, and sat down, picking up her book and started reading while Nicky went back to the kitchen. She rolled her eyes when she heard the quads' arguing.

     That night, as they were all in their pajamas, they sat watching Olivia's cheer events (Is that a thing you can watch? If not, pretend it is.) 

So, in the episode, the parents get to watch the TV, but in this, I'm going to make it to where Olivia gets the remote, since she didn't do anything and never argues over the remote,and so she watches cheer events, if that's a thing. Like I said, just pretend it is if it isn't.

     Olivia snickered as she heard the quads complaining. They loved that she had something that she loved, but they do not like watching cheer stuff.

Ok! The end! I'm sorry it took a few days, and thank you for the votes, even if there aren't that many, I still really appreciate it! Hope you enjoyed! 

word count: 3000

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.7K 157 11
A 15 year old girl, its her second year in the Boulder Academy. And since this year, she realised that she likes a person, who she shouldn't like in...
3M 106K 46
"You were made for me. And I, for you." His breath is right beside my ear and I tightly shut my eyes closed. He leans down closer. "I was made to lo...
24.9K 333 15
Ever since they first met, Courtney's had a feeling deep inside of her that she didn't know anything about that got triggered after meeting one guy...
9.5K 127 27
I'm aware that Jack and Ryan have a girlfriend but all this is just for funsies!! 😋 Enjoy!! ❤️