Chapter three- Get sporty-er

Dawn and Olivia walked over to their table were the boys were clapping.

     "I know you're excited to see us." Dawn said. "No applause necessary."

     "It's not for you." Ricky said. "Tess, this is our sister, Dawn, and our best friend Olivia."

     Olivia smiled. "Nice to meet you."

     "And wowsome. That's wow and awesome." Dicky flirted with Tess. "I made it up."

     "Impossible." Nicky said, looking at a card.

     He was amazed by something Tess did, and Olivia didn't like it. At all.

     "Hi, I see you've met my brothers." Dawn said to Tess. "I'll distract them, you run for your life."

     "Don't listen to her. We're funtastic."

     "You know what else is funtastic?" Tess asked. "Dawn and Olivia's shirt. Talk about wowsome."

     Olivia fake smiled. There was something wrong about Tess. And it wasn't just the fact that the boy she liked was amazed by something she did. Tess seemed to like all four quads, and nobody liked all four of them except Olivia. "Thank you!" Olivia said to Tess.

     "My words are catching on. I should publish a dickytionary."

     "Wow." Tess said. "The Harper quadruplets and Olivia Miller are officially the coolest kids ever!"

     "Isn't she great?" Ricky asked dreamily.

     "Wait. What's this?" Tess pulled cash from behind Nicky's ear.

     "Inconceivable!" 

     Olivia narrowed her eyes. 

     "Five bucks for the candy machine." Tess smiled. "Hope everyone likes Nutty Fudge Bombs."

     The boys watched her go.

     "She's perfect."

     "She's radcredible."

     "She's magic."

     "She's got to go." Olivia and Dawn said at the same time.

     "What are you talking about?" Ricky asked as the five kids walked into the store after school. "Tess is perfect!"

     "Too perfect!" Olivia said.

     "I'm telling you, there is something up with that girl." Dawn said.

     "You also told me, when I was four, that a little man lived in my butt and cut my poops with a saw."

     Nicky and Dicky laughed. "You were scared to go for like a month!"

     "I swear I could hear him sawing!"

     "This is different than poop saw man." Dawn said.

     "She's fooling you guys." Olivia told her favorite boys.

     "She's a total phony fake face." Dawn sat down at the counter of the cafe.

     "Ooh! I hate fake faces!" Josie said. "Who's a fake face? Is it that new girl in the camping section? Cause I'm always like 'hi!' and she's always like-" She posed.

     The kids looked over to the camping section.

     "That's a mannequin." Olivia told Josie.

     "That explains why she doesn't talk. Or blink. And smells like plastic."

     "Well, you're wrong." Ricky told the two girls. "Tess is not a fake face."