But I love her

By Just_peachy21

Adrien Dunlap is the son of the famous Conor Dunlap, football star. Conor wants him to follow in his footstep... More

Before you read
Character aesthetics
1~news
2~the fight
3~Aria
4~dinner
5~the park
6~hospital
7~picnic
8~thursday
9~pep rally
10~game time
11~barbecue
12~kathy
13~urge
14~headache
15~date
16~drama
17~dance
18~defense
19~clear
20~hickey
22~surprise
23~steak 'n shake
24~homecoming
25~homecoming
26~max
27~ october 29 pt.1
28~october 29 pt.2
Epilouge
Last authors note

21-planning

152 5 1
By Just_peachy21

"Hey Als I need your help" I said into my phone. I paced around the room hoping she would help me.

"What do you need help with?"

"Aria"

"Is it bad? Is something wrong?Are y'all okay?" She asked worriedly at superhuman speed. How in the world did she talk that fast?

"No, it's okay, we're fine I promise" I laughed at her worried state. " I need you to come to my place so I can explain"

A long silence occurred like she was mentally debating. She sighed. "'Kay I'll be at your house in ten"

"See you then" I chirped and hung up.
***
"So what's up?"She said, plopping a grape in her mouth. She sat on the couch and propped her feet up on the coffee table. I sat on the other part of the couch.

"I'm taking aria on our first date tomorrow but she doesn't know anything about it."

"Ohh" she sat up listening intently and popped another grape in her mouth.

"Anyway I need you to get her dressed in something kind of nice but don't tell her that we're going on a date. This whole thing is a surprise."

"Got it," she said happily. She put the grapes on the coffee table and did a happy dance around the living room. 

"What are you doing?" I shook my head and laughed.

"Happy dancing" she sat back down.

"Okay" I said slowly "I'll text you where you're going to drop her off tomorrow. Also during the date I'm going to ask her to homecoming."

"Oh exciting! how?" She clapped her hands together and the bowl of grapes long forgotten.

"Chocolate covered strawberries"

"Yum! I happen to know she loves them!"

"Great!" I clapped my hands once.

"What are y'all going to do on the date?" She looked at me with anticipation.

"I can't tell you that. You'll know when she rants to you about it?"

"How do you know she'll do that?"

"I have my instincts"

"Uh huh" she sarcastically said. "What are you gonna wear?"

"A button up with jeans and a belt"

"Okay what color? I don't want them to clash to much"

"I don't know yet"

"Ugh okay. What time do you need her to get to the destination and how far away is it?"

"Six fifteen and it's around twenty to twenty-five minutes away"

"Okay got it. That means she needs to be ready about five forty-five. Okay I can work with it"

"Okay good I have practice tomorrow so the time had to be pushed back a bit"

"I thought you didn't have practice on Tuesdays?" She questioned.

"We don't but my dad's making me to catch up on lost time" I said through gritted teeth. 

"Makes sense" she shrugged, grabbing her grapes from the place she left them on the coffee table.

"Yeah it didn't make me happy though I had this whole date planned to be almost an hour and a half longer but it got cut short due to practice" I ran a hand through my hair remembering the conversation with my dad.

"I'm sorry but I think she's going to love it"

"You don't even know what we're doing" I looked at her questionably.

"But I know she's gonna be with you so she'll be happy." That sentence made me feel ten times better.

"Thanks Als"

She shrugged. "It's the truth" and that one somehow made me feel even better.

It doesn't matter what we're doing as long as we're together I can make her happy. I love how I can just be there and she's happy. I love making her happy. Her smile brightens my world more than the sun.

"So..." She plopped her last grape in her mouth and set the bowl back on the coffee table.

"So?" I questioned.

"Is that all?"

"Yep"

"I'm so excited!" She squealed. She looked at her phone. "Oh gosh I have o go I've gotten like twenty texts from my mom"

"I'm sorry" I looked over at the time "I didn't mean to keep you that long"

"No it's fine my mom just has her panties in a twist" I got up and walked her to the door like the gentleman I am.

I hugged her. "Thank you for coming over and planning the date with me"

"I don't plan it you did I just agreed to help out"

"Fine thank you for agreeing to help out."

"You're welcome" she giggled. "Thank you for making me come over I'd rather be here than my house"

"What's wrong with your house?" I asked. Wait. Maybe she doesn't want to talk about it. I feel bad for asking now.

"My mom and dad are always fighting and yelling so I like getting out whenever I can" she looked at her feet sheepishly. I hugged her again. No one should have to go through parents fighting.

"Hey you can come over whenever you like and we can talk if you want or not  I don't care. I'm here if you need me though" I rubbed her arms with my hands. I could see tears welling up in her eyes. Great job idiot you made her cry.

"Thanks Adrien that means a lot" she wiped a stray tear. 

"You're welcome." I looked down at her with worried eyes. "You okay?"

"Yeah I'm fine" she wiped another tear.

"Are you sure? I can drive you home" I looked at the clock. It is after ten but I don't care.

"Adrien, that wouldn't work, how would I get to school tomorrow?"

"I could drive you then Maverick could drop you off at my house to get your car" I answered like it was the most obvious thing in the world.

"Adrien, I'm fine, I swear, I can drive home." Even though she said that with one hundred percent confidence I still worried about her. I got in a wreck from driving and crying once.

"Promise?" I asked, still skeptical.

"Promise" she confirmed.

"Okay. Bye"

"See you tomorrow" she winked and wiggled her eyebrows at me.

"Oh get out of here" I laughed pushing her out. 
***
"I thought I told you to stay away from my boyfriend" Kathy growled. I let out a groan. This again? I stayed hidden around the corner and listened to their conversation. 

"Oh cut the shit we know you ain't a couple" Aria said in a bored tone.

"Whatever you're just jealous"

"Of what?"

"Of me and Adrien" she said like it was so obvious.

I took this as the perfect opportunity. I went up to Aria and gave her a big fat kiss on the lips purposely deepening it just a little. I pulled away before it became a makeout session in the middle of the hall.

"Hey baby" I whispered in her ear.

"Hey babe" I snaked a hand around her waist and stood to the side of her.

"Hey Kathy" I smirked. The look of pure shock with a hint of anger stuck on her face. "Oh did you not know Aria's my girlfriend? It's been a week and a half." smirk still on my face.

She just stormed off obviously angered. Once she was out of sight Aria got out of my grasp and slapped me on the chest. "What the hell was that?"

"Can I not kiss my girlfriend?"

"That was different and you know it" she growled.

"I'm sorry okay She was messing with you and it bothered me" I apologized.

"Babe I'm a big girl I can take care of myself" her voice calmer.

"Why do you let her walk all over you?"

"Because if I was mean to her that wouldn't make be any better than her"

"I'm not saying to be mean I'm saying to stand up for yourself"

"Okay maybe I do let her walk over me but pretending like it doesn't hurt and I don't care will eventually wear her out and she'll stop. She just wants a reaction and she's not going to get one."

"Baby she's been bullying you for four years and hasn't stopped."

"That's because for the past four years I gave her the reaction she wanted. I grew up since the last time I saw her. I realized why she never stopped. I just  never expected to see her again"

I hugged her tight. "I'm sorry I'm not gonna lie and say I know how you feel but I'm going to say I'm here for you and I care about you"

"Thanks babe" I intertwined our fingers together.

"Now, let's get you to class" I bopped her on the nose.
***
"Food" I groaned as Aria and I entered the cafeteria hand in hand.

"Typical teenage boy" Aria rolled her eyes and muttered.

"I'm starving," I complained.

"Did you eat breakfast?"

"No" I muttered quietly. I was whacked across the back of the head. "Ow, what was that for?" I whined.

"Well for one that's why you're hungry you idiot. Two, for not eating breakfast you're supposed to eat breakfast everyday"

"I hardly ever have time"

"Wake up earlier" I stopped in my tracks causing Aria to get pulled slightly when she kept on walking. I gave her a look that said 'are you serious? that is literally the most stupid thing to ever come out of a humans mouth ever.'

"What?" I didn't answer. I just stared at her. "Okay so maybe that wasn't smart to say to a teenage boy who apparently needs his beauty rest"

"Beauty rest? I don't need beauty rest! Sleep is just good for your mind"

"Sure you tell yourself that" she tapped my chest and walked to our table with the rest of the group. I rolled my eyes and followed her.

I went through the lunch line and got my chicken taco. I looked over at my table to see Kathy tormenting Aria as Aria was holding Allie back. There was a wicked smile on Kathy's face.

"Hey baby," I said, kissing Aria's head. Thankfully Kathy is hovering over the  place where I sit. "Excuse me" I said sitting in my seat. Kathy had the same expression she had this morning as she slowly stood up. She quickly recomposed herself.

"You better watch yourself and your little boyfriend, Tramp" She sneered before walking back to her seat.

"What was she saying? I asked.

"Normal stuff about how me and Allie are dogs and that you belong with her and I better stay away"

"So she's feeding you a bunch of lies"

"Yep"

"You know if you stayed away I would be very sad and Aria deprived." I moved to where I could cuddle her easily. I wrapped my arms around her waist and dug my face in her shoulder.

"Aria deprived?" She laughed.

"Yes it means I would miss you too much"

"Aww you're too cute" she grabbed my face in one hand and squished it. I scrunched my nose and smiled at her. She kissed my cheek and stole my food. She was happy which made me happy. We continued to eat lunch in that position.
***
"Dad I still have a date tonight I need to be thirty minutes away at six and I have to be showered and ready."

"Okay that's fine this will only take about an hour."

"Great 'cuz that's all the time a have what am I doing"

"Do you normal warm up and stretches"

Really? yesterday he wouldn't let me run now today he made me run?

"Yes sir" I ran the required two laps and stretched.

"Run three figure eights but jog the sides and if your head or anything hurts stop immediately"

"Yes sir"

I ran my first one and I was breathing hard but nothing hurt so I kept going. By the time the second one was done my legs burned but no headache so I pushed through the last one.

I jogged over to dad. "How's the head?"

"No pain"

"Great," he checked my pulse. "Your heart rate is higher than normal which is normal because of the two weeks of doing nothing. Your times ran a bit longer mainly because I switched you to jogging the sides. One last thing run into the tackle dummy"

I did as I was told. It hurt a little bit. There's a little pain in my head. "How'd that feel?"

"Not gonna lie a bit painful"

"Okay not so great but we'll fix that. Go take some medicine and you can head home"

"Thanks Dad" 

"Go get ready for your date" dad pushed me away with a smile.

I jogged to the locker room and changed  from my sweaty and gross clothes. That took about forty five minutes. Great, I have more time than I thought.

I rushed home and got in the shower. Cleaning off all the sweat and grime from that forty five minute  felt amazing. Not to mention that the hot water felt gravy on my tired legs.

I changed into jeans and a button up just like I said. I had no time to dry my hair. I had to be there and set up by six fifteen. I also had to go by steak 'n shake to get some food. Thankfully there was one on the way there.

"Oh shit" I grabbed my phone and told Allie where to drop aria off at.

Okay I need to go it's ten till six. I'm a little behind schedule but it's fine. There's a reason I told Allie six fifteen.

"Adrien! You have to go!" Granny yelled.

"I know granny I'm leaving" I walked into the living room where she was. I grabbed the chocolate covered strawberries and went back to the living room.

"You're always late to everything" She grumbled.

"That's why I told Allie six fifteen"

"Smart boy and handsome"

"Thanks granny gotta go" I kissed her on the head and rushed out to my truck. I took a deep breath. This was mine and Aria's first date.
***
Hey guys! I hope you liked this chapter! Their first date! Yay! Next chapter is going to be in Aria's POV! What'd you think of Allie helping out?  Seven more chapters! Comment vote and follow!
           Until next time,
                     𓆉kylagrace21𓆉

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

405K 11.2K 26
||COMPLETED|| "I love you..." I had whispered. I sat there staring into the eyes I've come to know as beautiful. I smiled at her. A small smile crep...
31.3K 1.2K 60
Morgan is a singer, a student, and an other worldly woman. She had a good career, an amazing relationship, and anything she would ever need. But Morg...
26 10 10
A Girl named Ira met a boy in her dreams not knowing they would fall for each other. There friendship ended, but after a few years they would meet ag...