Promise Never to fall in-love...

Kerisha14iceqween tarafından

Highest rankings- #3 reassurance #6 hurtful words #14 adults #1 for kerrie Phoebe's just a normal teen or... Daha Fazla

Before you start reading....
PART 1:: Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 18
Chapter 19::Characters
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50

Chapter 17

244 7 0
Kerisha14iceqween tarafından

Phoebe's POV

It has been four days since I told Brent to stay away from me and he did. We are almost finished with the project he didn't even try to apologize within those days it was hard for me if I must say. In my heart I forgive him but I'll never forget.

I miss him though his touch; his scent;his humor.... everything about him. I saw him a few times at school and when we make eye contact he would look away immediately and talk to his friends or make out with Evan.

Kyle and Bri is here for me though and so is my therapist. I told her brief details and she gave me advice. I'm not ready to tell dad.
::::::
Today is  Saturday and I'm currently at the diner, I decided to help out my dad at the diner because I have nothing to do and he needs the help. All my assignments were done during the week so I had a lot of free time on my hands. I decided to ask Bri if she want to come along.
"Hey Bri" I greet elatedly.
"Hey bff what's up?" She asks cheerfully.

"Was wondering if you would like to come hang out at the diner with me today?" I ask hoping that she says yes.
"Sure. I'm on my way" she replies.
"Great" I say then hang up the phone. I immediately tell dad that Bri will be joining us while I switch the sign to open. He agrees and I along with Tom and Nicole start to look about breakfast. A few minutes later Bri comes in and we all greet her.
"So shall we start?" She asks smiling.

"Wait you wanna help?" I ask her surprised. She rolls her eyes.
"Yes dummy you think that I'm gonna sit around and watch you do all the work" she says in a daww like tone.

I smile handing her an apron.

"Let's get cooking" I say to all of them and they cheer. I start to beat the eggs while dad and the others take some  stuff out of the store room. Bri joins me a short while after, all cheerful and happy she's always like this and I love it.
"Your dad and the others are really fun" she says smiling.

"I know right they make me feel loved and at home" I tell her going deep in my thoughts.
"Hey what about me" she whines and I laugh.
"How could I ever leave you out hmm?" I ask she claps excitedly. I  turn to pour the egg mixture into the hot oil.
"Watch" I tell her and she immediately gives me her full attention. I giggle and went back to what I was doing.

After making the first omelette I made her try to make one by herself and she kinda did it, I guess but it was too deformed so she ended up eating it.
"You'll get it soon enough" I tell her walking over to where she is seated on a stool and pat her shoulder.
"I should've listened to my mother when she said that I should come help her cook" she says disappointingly.

I can't stand seeing her nor anyone like this so I thought about a way to cheer her up. I scoop up some flour from off of the counter that I was using to bake a homemade donut which consists of chocolate;strawberry and cherry filling inside with a little secret ingredient.

They're currently in the oven, I decided to make my dad and the others taste it so that they can have something new on the menu. I came up with the idea during the past four days. I throw a hand full of flour on her and she gasps. I giggle at the white powder that's now all over her.

She gets up and takes two hands full of flour and throw them at me. I try dodging it but fail. I retrieve some more throwing it at her in the process of taking up some more. She also retrieved some more throwing it at me. Our laughter fills  the kitchen and soon after my dad rushes in.

I freeze when he takes up the flour in both hands and threw it at us we laugh and continue throwing flour at each other until Tom and Nicole joins in the fun. This is  the most fun that I had in a while.
"Now that was fun" Nicole says panting.
"Yeah" we all answer in a chorus causing us to laugh again. The floor and counters are messy causing me to think about the amount of cleaning that has to be done.

"Alright it's cleaning time" my dad says and we all agree. We got to work until the place was clean as a whistle. The oven goes off and more customers came in.

I waltz to the oven  and take out my freshly bake donuts. I smell the sweet aroma and put it to cool. I decided to give the first customer one to try. I'm confident in myself even though no one tasted it yet. I bag it up and walk over to the counter.

"Good afternoon. Here you go it's on the house for our first afternoon customer. It's hot so handle it with care" I say smiling and handing the bag to the middle age lady in-front of me.

"Why thank you sweetheart. You must be Phoebe your dad told me so much about you"  she says smiling and takes the bag cautiously.
"Yes I am and you must be?" I ask.
"Kathrine Crook" she says stretching forth her hand for me to shake. I take it and smile.
"Nice to meet you" I say.

"Like wise"she replies.  She's quite nice.
"Thank you for this I'm sure I'll enjoy it" I nod and she tells my father goodbye and went her way.
"Sooooo" I exaggerate looking at him.
"Phoebe" he warns. I grin. 
"You need to get back out there dad please your happiness counts and plus I don't want to leave you by yourself" I say waiting for his response. He sighs.

"It's not easy and I'll be fine kiddo." He says and I huff.
"Do it for me please dad we both need to join the moving on phase I miss her so much too I do but I'm trying and so should you she will never be forgotten but she'll live in our hearts forever and I'm sure she would want us to be happy" I tell him with tears filling my eyes.

"You're right honey but don't worry about me ok" he says  and I nod. I'm gonna take no for an answer. We walk back into the kitchen while Tom takes the other customers orders that are standing for take out while Nicole and Bri take the orders of others  sitting down.

By this time the donuts are cool. Bri and the others take theirs and three were left behind. My dad takes up one and takes the first bite. Nervousness takes over my entire body and I watch as they all chew I close my eyes and reopen them.

"So?.." I ask unsure of their answer. My confidence has now drop.
"These are awesome!" Bri squeals and hugs me.
"It's really tasty" Tom compliments giving me a warm smile. "They taste heavenly darling" Nicole says with her mouth full then apologizes before they all went back to work and it's just me and dad.  I look at him he takes a small pause before answering.

"These are......amazing!!" Dad shouts at first taking me up and swirling me around. I'm a bit frighten at first but happy the  next. He puts me down and I taste one of donuts it tastes really good. I'm more than happy with my results.
"This is definitely going on the list tomorrow" he says excitedly.
"Really!!!" I exclaim.

"Yes what should we name it?" He asks.
"How about CSC donut for chocolate;strawberry and cherry?" I suggest.
"That's superb" dad says and I agreed. He informs the others that after we close that we are going to have a little celebration for the new dessert on the menu.
******
"....and that's it" I announce as I  finish counting the sum of money we made today.
"Ok good job everyone and thank you for helping Brith you're always welcome anytime" my father says giving her a huge hug. I smile at the scene with teary eyes.

Tom turns around the sign on the door switching it to closed. Everyone gathers around with wine in their cups but I and Bri got juice.
"Toast to making a wonderful sum of money and for my sweet daughter for coming up with a new tasty dessert we named CSC donut" he announces.

We all applaud and begin to eat the treats my father made. They are tasty as usual. They're small chocolate and vanilla muffins.
"B..." Bri says I turn around and she has a worried look on her face.
"What's wrong?" I ask alarmed.
"B-Brent's in p-prison" she says worryingly.

My mouth drops in shock and I'm left dumbfounded at the same time. I know we aren't on good terms but I can't help but worry about people especially if I care about them.
"I have to go"she says rushing out as she waves goodbye.
"Wait-" she went through the door before I could finish.

"What happened to Brith?" Dad asks confused.
"I'll explain later I have to go" I say and run to catch Bri who is starting her car engine.
I enter the car with her.
"But-" I cut her off.
"Don't worry about me drive" I demand and she shakes her head and drives off.

The police station is a good twenty minutes drive and as soon as we arrive we exit the car and walk swiftly up to the front desk where we see an officer skipping through some papers.
"Excuse me miss where can I find Brent Palmer?" Bri asks.
"Who are you to him?" The lady asks.

"His sister" Bri replies anxiously playing with her fingers she's making me nervous too. I haven't had a panic attack in a while and it's progress right?  
"Ok he's just right around the corner" she says.

"Who are you to him?" She asks and I freeze. "A friend" Bri answers and grabs my hand we give her a quick thank you smile and jog to his cell.
"You're here" a lady says and hugs Bri.
"Yes. Mom this is my best friend Phoebe. Phoebe this is my mom Keran" Bri introduces us. I hold my hand out for her to shake and instead of shaking it she embraces me into an unexpected hug.

I'm taken aback by her actions but I hug her back.
"I'm so sorry we had to meet under these circumstances but you look like a very nice girl for my daughter to call you her best friend and you're beautiful too" she says and I blush at her comment.

"Thank you" I said and turn to Bri who's talking to Brent who doesn't acknowledge me as yet. When my eyes land on him I felt like crying I remember the short times with him they were so unreal. He looks tired;rugged and stressed.
"What the hell happened?" Bri asks angrily.

"Nothing" he grits.
"No why else would you be in here...a damn prison cell if you didn't do something wrong. A-Aren't you tired of disappointing me?" she asks as she brakes down in full on tears. Keran walks over and sooth her while I stand there helplessly looking at my best friend crying. It hurts me. A fury of anger ignites in me giving me the urge to confront him.

"May I?" I ask Keran and she nods.
"Now look you disrespectful being. Your sister is here crying and your mom is tired of your crap you have a loving and supportive mother and sister who loves you dearly and you're wasting time doing God knows what.

You need to get yourself together cause I know you Brent even if it has been a few weeks this is not you and we both know. Everyone deserves Chances. So why are you in here?" I ask demandingly trying to lower my voice.

"Phoebe why- ......" he couldn't finish what he was going to say. I felt tears pinching my eyes and I blink it away. We stare each other in the eye.
His lip is busted and his cheek is bruised. I look away from his intense stare.
"I'm sure dad can fix it so that it doesn't go on my record...after all he has money and power tell him I got into a fight at a party also" his voice is fill with venom when he talks about his father.

Footsteps captures my attention and I look up to see a male officer coming towards us.
"Mr.Plamer you're free to go" the officer says and open his grill. He steps out and walks pass his mom and sister with clenched jaw. I turn away.

"Go in the car I'll be there" Keran says and we nod.
"It's late B how about you stay with me tonight" Bri suggests.
"I don't know. I'll have to call dad first." I say and dial dad's number.

I explain to him what happen and he agrees to let me stay at Bri's. We enter into the car, Brent and I haven't exchange a word to each other. When Keran came into the car she scolds Brent a million times and apologizes to me for her behavior. I understood her and I respected that.

When we reached at the house I'm mesmerized by its beautiful. I slowly  exit the car and follow them to the front door. The entire house is plain white but when we got inside it's screams welcome and warmth. It has wooden shiny floor and the walls are beige this house is a beauty.
"Come on I'll show you my room"

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

93.1K 1.8K 50
Alexis was heartbroken when August, her best friend of ten years, humiliated her in front of the whole school. August leaves school the same year and...
17.9K 1.7K 39
"I want how it was before. I want it all with you in my life again... I'm asking you to stay." Miles Cobain-Smith An aloof and detached logician, he...
349K 8K 28
"Why do you care if I kiss other girls? We're not together, we're friends" he stated swallowing his emotions. "You're right, why should I care? Like...
4.2K 264 35
𝙒𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙬𝙤𝙪𝙡𝙙 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙙𝙤 𝙞𝙛 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙛𝙚𝙡𝙡 𝙞𝙣𝙩𝙤 𝙖 𝙘𝙤𝙢𝙖 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙬𝙤𝙠𝙚 𝙪𝙥 𝙛𝙚𝙚𝙡𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙗𝙚𝙩𝙧𝙖𝙮𝙚𝙙 𝙗𝙮 𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙧𝙮𝙤𝙣𝙚...