your roots, dojae

By coffeedyoung

Where Kim Doyoung meets a boy, who is in need of serious help. A prequel to my book called Sunflower, Johnjae... More

i n t r o d u c t i o n.
i.
ii.
iii.
iv.
vi.
vii.

v.

148 9 10
By coffeedyoung

𝔜𝔬𝔲𝔯 ℜ𝔬𝔬𝔱𝔰
ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯. 𝔳

★彡

"What're you going to wear?"

"Sexy clothes, duh dude."

★彡

Today was the day: the day of the concert. Today was only a couple days away from Taeyong's birthday and they were discussing what they'd wear during the night. Taeyong, being a fan for years, already knew what he'd wear. However, Doyoung, was stunned.

"Dude, you should dress in white," the ivory haired male suggested. "Apparently that's going to be the dress code for this year's concert, so you don't want to stand out, right?" Doyoung tilted his head and raised his eyebrow up. Concerts had dress codes these days? How strange he thought.

"I mean, not everyone's obviously going to be in white but your ass can't do shit on your own, can it?"

"Alright then," he obliged. It's not like he was going to pick anything out himself anyway. Taeyong was basically speaking the truth. The painful truth.

The school day went by exceptionally quicker than usual. All they did was write notes from their textbooks down and the teacher sort of disappeared during the day to god who knew where. Doyoung hadn't encountered Jaehyun at all but he didn't think about it too much, as he sketched little eyes on the pages of his book.

The school bell rung and before both Taeyong and Doyoung knew it, they dashed home and were throwing on their outfits, making themselves look cute. People would've thought they primped themselves up for the tons of Fangirls, but it was actually for the idols. And, nothing was wrong with looking sexy for your favourite idols, in Taeyong's head.

There were a few hours left until the concert would start and Taeyong wanted the raven-haired to look perfect tonight. That was, if he ever got out of the bathroom. The boy somehow would always spend so much time on his hair, no matter the situation.

With their faces all dolled up, waiting in the long line, Taeyong began to check the other boy out. Doyoung didn't look anything like Doyoung, if that made sense. His hair was parted to the side with shining glossy lips, and even his legs were being defined by the white jeans he wore, since the school uniform was baggy. He clicked his tongue.

"Damn, you look hot tonight Mr. Kim," he complimented.

Doyoung smirked at him playfully, "and you don't look half bad yourself, Lee." The other wore a dark looking french grey — or whatever the hell that colour was, silk button-up with black chinos, and now that Doyoung thought about it, a lot of people were wearing dark colours rather than white, but he just shrugged it off. He did stand out though.

They laughed together like what friends would do.

Although he was reserved, Doyoung never once felt shy or embarrassed by any sort of compliment Taeyong gave him. It was most likely because sometimes, friends praised you, and you would do it back. It was always good to hype up your girlfriends or your boyfriends... guy friends. So obviously it wasn't like there were any secret feelings behind it, which made Doyoung comfortable with receiving and giving them back. Well, to Taeyong.

"How many hours left till it starts?" Taeyong asked, wrapping himself in his jacket.

The raven haired boy took a glimpse at his watch and said, "still an hour and a half."

"I hate waiting but this is what the kings deserve," Taeyong sighed. "I can't help but feel happy that they're getting the recognition they deserve these days."

"You're so dedicated."

"Of course I am!"

Doyoung heard Taeyong's stomach growl. He looked down, and then up to his pretty face. "Hungry?" He asked him. The white haired male nodded in response.

The boy turned his head left and right, looking at the growth of the line. "I'll go get something for us to snack on then while we still wait!" He scooted away from everyone waiting. Taeyong whispered a small 'thank you' with his hands cupped together. Doyoung ran off into the distance as the other, remained standing.

Searching around the town, Doyoung bought a few things. He tended to distract himself sometimes — like how he stared at the contents of a 3-in-1 shampoo and conditioner bottle for a whole five minutes. But that was because he was repulsed by such a thing. So when he passed by a vending machine, he stopped in his tracks.

It was loaded up with cigarettes.

The boy stared at each one of them with awe. They looked so tempting. He even noticed how Jaehyun's favourite brand, or, just the brand he smoked a lot, Raison Black was there. Doyoung never anticipated to, but he slid a crumpled note into the machine and a small pack came falling down after he pressed a few buttons.

He wasn't so sure what he would do with it since he had just forgotten he bought it. He gnawed his lip, staring at the packet in his hands.

"Oh?"

"Ah!" Doyoung squealed, his hands quickly wrapping around himself.

He must've thought there was some serial killer right beside him, but it was only just Jaehyun. The male looked... really good. Handsome. He spoke while trying to regain his breath.

"Oh, Jaehyun..." he huffed. "It's you."

"Who else would it be, silly?" He chuckled. "Sorry. Didn't mean to scare you."

"It's fine."

"What're you doing here?"

"Concert," he answered while fiddling with the drawstrings of his paper white hoodie, trying to cover the packet with his hand.

"Oh. Me too. 2AM?"

Doyoung replied wide-eyed, "yeah... you too?"

"Man, I love 2AM."

"Oh!" He smiled a little. "That's nice."

At this point, it was as if Doyoung was asking for awkward silence. Everything he said seemed to end in quietness between the two of them. Though, he tried to maintain his 'coolness' during the mean time.

Jaehyun looked at him. "Wanna watch it with me?"

The boy's cheeks became pink. "He... wants to watch the concert with me?" He thought to himself. If he hadn't come with someone already, Doyoung would've said yes right then and there. He hadn't seen Jaehyun at all today and didn't want to acknowledge the fact he sort of missed him. But when it came to situations like these, Taeyong was always first priority. He was his only friend after all.

"I came with my friend," Doyoung frowned and Jaehyun nodded understandingly. "If we bump into each other though, you can hang out with us... That's if you'd like to, haha."

"I'll keep note!"

Doyoung stared at Jaehyun's attire and ruffled his chin. He only just realised how in contrast their clothes were. While he looked like a beam of light, Jaehyun was a black hole.

"I just noticed. You're wearing black."

"Oh yeah. And you're... wearing white. Like, a lot of white."

"Taeyong told me it was the dress code or something."

Jaehyun laughed at his cuteness. "I think he was just messing with you. Most people wear black or darker colours because the band is called 2AM, which is at night," he explained.

Doyoung gasped, "that makes so much sense."

"Haha, by the way, who's Taeyong? He sounds familiar."

"Oh." The boy scratched his nape, "he's just the friend I came with."

Jaehyun nodded with a hum. His eyes scanned to Doyoung's hands. "Anyways, let's not forget what I saw; you? Buying a pack of cigarettes for I suppose, yourself, Kim Doyoung?" He furrowed his eyebrows with a face of sheer shock. "It's quite surprising actually."

Doyoung bit the inside of his right cheek and gulped. He'd be lying if he said he wasn't thinking of smoking without Jaehyun accompanying him at least once.

"More shocking because isn't your little friend Taeyong one of the only few students in our school that hates the fact everyone smokes? Before, he would preach so much in class about how it's bad for you. But ever since he started, he grew quiet."

Doyoung nodded feeling the slightest bit guilty.

Not only was Doyoung guilty about lying to Taeyong, but also because from the white haired male's experience, he knew what it could do to people. Addiction and health wise. And because he'd already been apart of the bunch once in his life, it lead him to believe it was much more serious than it seemed.

Jaehyun chuckled and unexpectedly, brushed a hand through the boy's soft black hair. His face turned crimson.

"I know you feel bad," the male said while frowning. "But to be honest, if I was you, I'd stop while I can. I don't want to call it what it is, but it's an addiction."

"I was about in grade eight, when I started." He added on. "Never stopped since. So, if you know what you're bringing yourself into, and know you'll regret it, please, stop now," Jaehyun sadly grinned at the boy, with his hand still on his head.

"I mean, I wished I did."

Doyoung looked up into his dreamy eyes and felt his breath stop. Maybe even, feel tears prickle at the corner of his eyes. What am I feeling?

Jaehyun seemed like such a sad person, with a hard to break exterior. Everyone said he was some outcast that was rebellious. But, really, he was a hurting person, too. Doyoung wanted to help him.

He muttered under his breath, trying to keep his tears in. "I'm sorry."

"What are you apologising for?"

"You really aren't like what people say you are," he started as he played with the hem of hoodie. "You're a really soft and kind person. And... really wise. Thank you for caring and worrying for me."

Jaehyun became bashful by his words and felt warm inside. He chuckled lowly while placing his cold hand back into his pocket and tried to avoid Doyoung's soft, strong gaze, that managed to pierce right through him.

He coughed, "anyway, are you going to head back to your friend?"

"Yeah, I think I should. Do you want to head back with me as well?"

"It's alright," he softly declined, "I'm going to wonder around here for a little longer before I start lining up. Plus, there's too many people already."

Doyoung tilted his head to the side. "You're not worried about getting a bad spot?"

"It doesn't bother me," Jaehyun shrugged, "I'm big myself anyway. I get by just fine," he grinned. That was true. Doyoung was considered quite tall for just a highschooler, but Jaehyun was even taller. Next to him, the boy looked puny.

"Ahh, alright." Doyoung returned a smile. "I'll get going now."

Jaehyun waved at the boy as he ran off, huffing.

"Something's really strange with that kid." He said out aloud. He brushed a hand through his hair and chuckled one last time before going his own way.

Taeyong finally seeing Doyoung in the distance, fold his arms unimpressed. He breathed heavily from running and shoved whatever he bought into the white haired male's stomach.

"Geez," he rubbed his tummy from the force, "took your ass long enough," he sighed.

"Sorry." Doyoung scratched his neck and peeped at the line starting to move slightly, "but I got here just in time though, didn't I?"

"I'll have to scoff down this stuff though! You can't eat in there."

Oh yeah, he's right. Doyoung's mouth formed an 'o', "oh. Oops."

Taeyong clicked his tongue and shook his head, "don't worry about it. It's okay," he gestured his hand to match his sentence. "I'll just save it for later then. Not like it's hot food anyway, so it'll be fine."

Doyoung hummed, watching him place the food carefully into the mini black backpack he brought with him. He smiled, just realizing there was a small keychain dangling on its side.

They made them when they were in middle school for secret Santa. Doyoung actually got Taeyong and he could see all the sequins he accidentally poured on the drying glue. It was one of the only times they interacted; it was awkward between the two.

"Okay. Make sure you haven't dropped anything. We're moving any sec from now."

The boy scanned his eyes around at the pavement. "Nope, haven't."

"Awesome sauce, lets get moving."

They started to slowly move forwards and Doyoung tried to hold in a laugh. "What the hell was that?"

"Hm?" Taeyong looked at him as if he was a weirdo. "What? Awesome sauce?"

"It's as worse as saying 'cool beans'."

The male sucked his teeth, raising his hand up to slap Doyoung's shoulder playfully. "Leave me alone!" He cried out. "I don't say anything when you say weird things!"

"But I don't even say weird things!"

"You've said 'lol' and 'lmao' before," he pointed out. "Except you pronounced 'lmao' as 'lamao'. Care to explain, Kim Dongyoung?" The boy attempted to not smile but it ended in laughter between the both of them. He punched him in a playful manner.

Not knowing, Jaehyun, who seemed to be at least fifteen feet away from them, witnessed their conversation. He laughed along. When he met eyes with Doyoung, he waved with a grin and the boy did as well. Taeyong suspiciously peered over on his side and gasped. Then teasing him, they continued their adorable argument.

Jaehyun laughed again. "How cute," he mumbled.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

87K 5K 28
Yoon-oh used to be the sweetest boy ever, but then he met Dongyoung and realized being the baddest boy was better. //Some major kinks in here ;)
1.6K 109 17
"And so what if we're brothers?" Where two strangers have a one night stand and realise they made a huge mistake. Smut Warning 🙈🙊🙈🙊🙈 #127𝙉𝙚𝙤...
11.8K 588 6
In which Jaehyun betrayed Doyoung.. and when he realizes what he's done wrong, Doyoung dies in a car accident that night. The next year, becomes the...
4.8K 318 15
'' Hey , I know we don't know each other yet. But...................'' '' can you be my Boyfriend ?'' where two strangers accidently meet and be...