My Better Half.

By animalxlover

Jasmine is a full blooded werewolf who hasn't turned yet because she hasn't found her mate. She goes to a sch... More

My Better Half.
Chapter 1-
Chapter 2-
Chapter 3-
Chapter 4-
Chapter 5-
Chapter 6-
Chapter 7-
Chapter 8-
Chapter 9-
Chapter 10-
Chapter 11-
Chapter 12 (Part One)-
Chapter 12 (Part two)-
Chapter 13-
Chapter 14-
Chapter 15-
Chapter 16-

Chapter 17-

721 29 15
By animalxlover

Hey guys ,

heheh im proud of myself for uploading the second time in less than a week:D

If you like this chapter please vote comment fan etc.

Thanks <3

________________

Jasmine's P.O.V.

'Romeo take me somewhere we can be alone, I love you and that's all I really know…' Taylor swift was playing on the radio, while I was waking up. Today was the first time I was going back to school after I had been shot.

I pulled the sheets off my bed and hopped out of bed until I reached my crutches. I used them to support me to my wardrobe. I pulled out dark blue jeans and a grey shirt and a matching grey jumper. I got dressed then used the crutches to get down stairs and I got ready for school.

15 minutes later John yelled at me to hurry up. "Come on, hurry up! We got to pick up Stephanie too."

"Ok, ok, I'm coming!" I yelled back I made my way out of the bathroom.

I slowly walked to John's car and was about to make my way to the front see when he said "Nuh uh. Cripples sit in the back seat." He pointed to the back of his car.

"Since when?" I asked in disbelief.

"Since now!" John said and crossed his arms.

I unwillingly sat in the back oh his car while we drove to Stephanie's house.

Stephanie's house was close to being a mansion. It was 3 stories, it had a five-car garage, an indoor spa, a heated pool, 5 bedrooms, 5 bathrooms and to top it off they lived on acreage. Stephanie doesn't like people knowing that her family is wealthy, possibly even wealthier than the Prime Minister. She even brought herself a second hand car when all her family own Mercedes Benz.

John beeped the horn once we were at the front of her house. She came running out the front door and jumped into the car.

"OMG Jasmine how are you feeling?" She said in a rush, then tried to catch her breath.

"I'm alright, not dead so that's good." I said with a smile.

"I've been wanting to talk to you the whole time you were in hospital but every time I came to see you, you were asleep and I didn't want to wake you."

"Aww." I said and leaned to the front seat and gave her a hug. "So what's been happening since I was away?"

"A lot!" John said.

"Yeah!" Steph said in agreement and then continued to inform me what I had missed. "First of all, since everyone found out what happened to you, a lot of people haven't been attending school because their afraid they will have a similar fate!"

"What the hell!" I said, "it's not like they are a descendant of the white wolf."

"Yeah, but people are still afraid for their safety!" John said and it made me calm down since I slightly may have overreacted.

"Secondly," Steph continued, "your wolf mythology teacher has been absent ever since you were shot, and a lot of people think it's suss because they have never seen him shift, where as they have for the other teachers. So they are questioning whether he is really a wolf."

"Surely the principal wouldn't let a non werewolf person at our school to teach, he would know how much danger that would put everyone under!"

"Exactly what I tell everyone." John said and stopped the car. "Where here, are you alright to get out of the car?" He asked me.

"Yeah just give me a sec." I replied and put my school bag over my shoulder and collected my crutches and started wobbling out of the car.

'The doctor told me I would only have them for a few more days, I wonder how I will survive!'

"Another thing, since you left, Tiffany has been taking queen bee spot, so you’re going to have to show her whose boss." Steph said and gave me a slight nudge.

I just rolled my eyes.

"And finally, Tiffany has been trying to get 'close' to Nathaniel." When Stephanie said close, she did speech marks in the air.

"Hell no!" I said and waved one of my crutches around. "He's taken."

"By who?" John asked cluelessly.

Stephanie slapped him over the head lightly. "You baboon, her." She said and winked at me.

"It's unofficial, but he told me he loved me yesterday afternoon."

"Ohhh love is in the air!" Steph sung. "So did you say it back?"

"Maybe..." I said and left her hanging. "But I'm not completely sure he is my mate."

When I walked past everyone stared at me. People gave me looks of sympathy and looks of sorrow. I looked back at them and they looked away faster than you could flinch and they went back to their conversations with their friends and doing whatever it was they were doing.

The school did look emptier than normal, especially the back oval. It was almost deserted, with the few people walking around, but no one was in wolf form.

"I forgot to mention, for our safety no one is allowed to shift on school premises until further notice." Steph said adding it to the list of things to let me know about.

The bell rang for homeroom and we went to our classes. John went to his homeroom and Steph and I went to ours. This was one of the only classes I was with her.

We took out seats and as we sat down I saw Tiffany walked into class and over her shoulder she glared at me. I glared back with a smile on my face.

"Look at what the cat dragged in." Steph said making me laugh just to piss Tiffany off.

~

When the bell rang for recess, I was cheering. I packed up my things quickly and crutched my way out of the classroom.

Steph caught up with me and we stuffed our books in her locker and started to head towards the oval when we heard Tiffany's high-pitched damn voice ringing down the hallway. We spun around and we saw she had barricaded Nathaniel against his locker while he was putting his books away. She was flirting with him.

"So what are you doing later?" She asked whilst twirling a piece of her hair.

"Nothing." He said and avoided her gaze.

"Do you want to go see a movie?" She said with a little giggle. Out of the corner of her eyes she looked over to Stephanie and I to make sure we were watching then she placed her hand on his shoulder like she owned him.

All of a sudden I had a lot of anger, which came to surface. I lifted one of the crutches and used it to slam the locker door in Tiffany's face. The look she gave me was priceless but I didn't stop there.

"Get your gritty claws off of him!" I yelled at her.

"Why should I?" She said and pushed my crutch to the floor and made me fall a little, since I was still holding it.

"Because I'm taken." Nathaniel said brushing Tiffany's hand off his shoulder.

"By WHO?!" Tiffany, Steph and I all said in sync.  My anger quickly went just as it had come.

Nathaniel started walking, "By you."

Nathaniel's P.O.V.

I kept walking, head down, with no eye contact what so ever. Two of them had no idea who I was talking about, but Jasmine did, she just hasn't admitted it to herself yet. Well at least I don't know if she has.

The feelings I have for her is overwhelming especially now that my wolf tells me she is my mate. And if this is true that means she is a wolf now too. Very soon I am going to ask her is she feels the same as I do and if she does I will be one very happy wolf.

When lunchtime came I went up to Jasmine and asked her how she felt.

"I told you I love you, and you said I think I love you too. Do you love me?" I asked and I knew this was a bit confronting but I had to ask.

The answer was what I thought, "No." She said.

I just started walking off, my heart crushed.

"Wait!" Jasmine called. She grabbed my arm and I turned around. The tingles running through my arm were so fierce. "I don't love you, because I am IN LOVE WITH YOU!" She screamed so everyone could hear.

Some people gave us weird looks, but I just gave a nervous laugh.

I cupped her face in my hands and said, "I love you with all my heart and know that I know you love me back, I have something important to ask you."

She nodded her head.

"Since formal is coming up would you be my date?"

"Is that a trick question?" She said and gave me this look as if I was from another planet. "And I completely forgot about formal! OMG! I don't even have a dress yet!" Jasmine went into panic mode.

"Stephanie!" She called out and started running through the hall to the oval. 

"Smooth." Jasmine's brother, who I recognized, walked around the corner.

"Your John right, Jasmine's brother?" I asked for confirmation.

"Yeah, now if you ever hurt her I will kill you with my bare hands and serve you to the wolves for breakfast."

I took the last part as a joke cause I am hoping he won't feed me to the wolves (everyone at this school). "I already saved her life once, I am pretty sure it's in my best interests to make sure she is safe and protected at all times and I would never want to hurt her."

"Glad we made that clear." He put out his hand for me to shake it and I did. "Wait," he said, "aren't you that kid that went from lanky to now muscly through his werewolf transformation?"

"Yeah," I said, no one has really put the term lanky to describe me but I guess I was compared to what I am know. "Why?" I asked.

"Oh I just think that's interesting, that's never happened to any other guy. Most people stay the exact same." John said.

I replied, "well I guess I'm not most people." We went our separate ways.

"Oi!" he called out to me. "Are you coming to the pack meeting tonight?"

"Umm...."

"New members must come to pack meetings and since we haven't had one in a while we have a few. "

"I guess I am then. See you then." I told him.

Jasmine's P. O.V.

"Jasmine hurry up!" Dad called from the bottom of the stairs.

I grabbed my crutches and tried not to fall down the stairs. This afternoon is going to be the first pack meeting we have had in almost 4 weeks. The meetings have been prolonged since I went to hospital, dad has been a bit distracted so he hasn't had time to organise a meeting as alpha.

We got their early, so I relaxed on a wooden log and leant the crutches against it. Being this close to the woods sent shivers down my spine. I could just hear the sound of the metal clanking on the chainsaw...

"Attention everyone," Dad's voice boomed. "Tonight we have some pressing matters to address and some not so important. Ok I would like to start with the safety of our kind. As you all may know my daughter was shot and we all suspect it was a hunter and I have no doubt in my mind that it wasn't, therefore this means the hunters are tracking us very closely, this means they could be watching us right now..."

Everyone gasped in fear. 'Good job dad, scaring everyone is a great tactic,' I said sarcastically in my mind.

"Don't worry there is three people on petrol and they will give us a warning in case of an intruder. Now if they are tracking us everyone must be very careful, no more shifting in visible daylight unless undercover of your own roof or this forest during a pack meeting. Kids you can no longer shift at school. Understood?" dad said in a very stern voice.

"Yes." People said or nodded in agreement.

"Ok the next thing I would like to talk about is my leadership of alpha. As most of you oldies know I have been alpha for quite some time, but know my time is expiring. My fur is no longer growing black, it is changing colours and that can only mean one thing, someone else is becoming alpha. Is anyone else experiencing change in colours of their fur or do they have black fur?" Dad asked.

No one spoke up or raised their hand.

"Ok maybe you aren't aware of it, how about if everyone shifts into their wolf forms. For the newbies to connect and shift with your inner wolf you have to talk to it, coax it out of its shell then you must maintain a constant connection with it, it will rely on you as much as you rely on it."

Everyone started shifting into wolfs, one after the other, dad was first. His fur was spotty with black patches here and there.

I felt left out so I tried to shift, tried connecting with my inner wolf and coaxing it out of its shell. I felt like an idiot trying to get this wolf to come out of me. It would only work if I had a mate and I was hoping Nathaniel was mine because I had kissed him more times then once so I should have been transformed.

In my mind I called out 'wolf!' a few times. At first it didn't work nothing responded but after a few tries a voice I was unfamiliar with responded, it was my voice but huskier. It said 'wolf'. I repeated the word over and over again and it followed then all of a sudden I felt my body shifting, it worked and this also proves I found my mate. I was almost jumping for joy except for the fact I can't jump and that everyone was starring at me. I probably looked like a idiot to because I was holding my paw upwards since I had no crutches to support this form of me.

'WHAT?' I said and everyone just stared at me even more.

My dad's voice popped up in my head, 'Jasmine first of all I am so proud to see you are now a wolf, second of all you just spoke in wolf form which is not meant to be possible and thirdly you have white fur with small black dots everywhere.'

'How's that possible.' I realised I must have spoken in a human voice again because everyone shot we weird looks.

'I know.' Nathaniel joined into the conversation. 'When you were in hospital you needed blood and I donated to you my blood and as you can see...' everyone's head turned left to where Nathaniel who was in wolf form, which was all black was standing. 'I am a black wolf. This would explain why Jasmine has black dots.'

I heard everyone in my mind make an 'Ahhhh' and then I just released I was connecting to other people telepathically which I thought was fricken awesome! The only issue was I would have to do it in wolf form.

 I just wish I could connect with people telepathically in human form...

______________

Please Vote COMMENT FAN and so on :)

Thanks for your support ! :D

Continue Reading