Chapter 16-

Hey readers, sorry for the very long wait for this upload, I just get very very busy!

I hope you enjoy this chapter!!! :D

2 weeks later...

Jasmine's P.O.V

"Home sweet home!" I said cheerfully before struggling out of the car in crutches. The doctor said I didn't really need them but just as a precaution, I needed to use them for a few days.

I hobbled out of the car and hopped into the house and towards my room so I could relax. I leaned the crutches against my desk and fell into my chair. I slowly dozed off....

"Arghhh!" I screamed. The sound of the chainsaw made me scream and jump.

"What is it Jazzy?" John came running into my room.

"Who is usiinnggg the chaiinnsaw?" I whimpered.

"Dad is, he is cutting down the tree outside. Why is somebody a little scared?" He said and poked me in the stomach a few times.

"Very funny!" I said and ushered him out of the room with my crutches. "And close the door behind you!" I called.

I had snapped out of my sleepiness and was now looking for something to entertain myself with. I looked all around my room until my eyes landed upon the little book of Nathaniel’s, which was opened, on the ground. It was on the floor next to my desk. I tried to reach for it, but my arms were just to short. I tried again and failed. I ended up falling out of my chair and onto the floor. A slight pain shot through my leg were the wound is. I gasped in pain but tried to hold it in. The pain wasn't unbearable but it was enough to hurt.

At least now I could reach the book. I picked it up and flicked through the pages careful not to miss anything written on them.

The first half of the book was empty as I had already discovered but I checked again anyways to find it still empty. I got to halfway and found the song Nathaniel wrote. I read it over and over again until I had memorized it. I flicked over the next few pages and found a little poem.

'Radiant sun,

Eyes the colour of the ocean.

Wavy hair that flows in the wind,

A person who creates emotion.

Beautiful star,

Lights up the room.

So strong,

Yet people loom.

Golden snowflake,

Fragile as ever.

Be who you are,

Forever and ever.

I L-'

I read it again. It wasn't finished, and for some reason it was dated the 8th October.  I was still in hospital then...

Then I started thinking and thinking hard... This didn't add up, I left this book in my bag not thrown on the floor before the attack, so someone has come into my room.

"Mum!" I yelled hoping she would come to my room.

"Yes?" She yelled back. Then I heard her walking up the stairs. "Are you alright, do you need help?"

"No I'm fine, it's just has anyone been in my room since the accident?" I asked.

"Not besides your father, brother and I, why?" She said.

"Mum," I said quietly, "I think someone has been in my room."

I started to panic, however beautiful that poem was someone still had been in my room without anyone knowing. Then my instincts kicked in. I started sniffing around the room. All I could smell was my own perfume and the rest of my family, but then I walked towards my bag. I could smell someone's scent, but I wasn't sure who's it was. So I followed it, sniffing everything as I went past. I felt a bit like a dog or maybe the future wolf was coming out of me, I joked to myself.

The scent went out the window so whoever it was broke into my window, but there were no signs of a forced entry as the lock was still intact.

I limped down the stairs leaving my crutches behind and went to the front of the house to see if I could pick up the scent. I followed it as much as I could, wobbling along the footpath. The trail led to the forest and the first thought that popped into my mind was the chainsaw.

I screamed out loud, and tried to run back home. I tripped over my own feet and landed face first into the dirt. I just laid there immobilised. I felt sprinkles of water on the back of my neck and the dirt started to turn to mud.

Nathaniel’s P.O.V.

Enjoying what little sleep I had in the last few days I was woken by a high pitched scream that woke me from my sleep.

My inner wolf was yelling ‘Mate!’ So I started running letting my instincts take over. Outside it was pouring, the rain drenched my shirt in less than a minute.

I followed the path my wolf told me to take and the whole time he chanted ‘mate, mate, mate, mate.’

I was puffed out from running and then my wolf started chanting ‘almost there, almost there, mate, mate.’ I got the energy to keep going and then I almost fell over Jasmine. She was just laying face first on the ground, her face covered it mud.

I picked her up and her skin felt frozen. She was just as wet as me from this rain, but when I touched her I felt that same spark I always do and she warmed up slowly. She opened her eyes and mouthed ‘thank you,’ and she closed her eyes again.

I carried her all the way back to her house. I rang the doorbell twice and Jasmine’s mother opened the door. She looked stressed, but then a sign of relief crossed her face when she saw me holding Jasmine in my arms.

“Come in.” She said kindly and I walked in with Jasmine.

I placed Jasmine on the couch and took a seat next to her.

Jasmine’s mother sat in front of me and started talking. “I screamed for her to stop, but she was determined to find who broke into her room.”

“WHAT?!” I yelled from shock. “SOMEONE BROKE INTO HER ROOM!”

My voice allured Jasmine from her daze. She put her head on my lap and I stroked her hair to soothe her. After a few seconds Jasmine jumped up.

“It’s you!” She and sat up very quickly.

“What’s me?” I asked out of confusion.

“It’s your scent!” She gasped.

“Jasmine, sweetie Nathaniel came over while you were in hospital to check if the locks were secure. We didn’t want the shooter coming into the house.”

She sat quietly for a few minutes then she asked me, “but then why was your book opened on the fl-”

I cut her off by putting my fingers on her lips to stop her talking.

“I love you.” I told her.

“Ok, this is my cue to leave.” Jasmine’s mother said and walked out of their lounge room as quietly as possible.

Jasmine and I both laughed then she said, “I think I love you too.”

Hearing those words just made my world. I looked into her perfect blue eyes and she looked back at me. I didn’t hesitate one bit, I just kissed her.

________

Did you guys enjoy the chapter ? :D

Please comment I think I need criticism! Vote fan and add to your reading lists !

Thankyou and I should be uploading more frequently now :D