Breaking Cupid's Bow

By chinguine

Spin-off for Cupid Ran out of Arrows because some of y'all hated that Y/N end up with Jungkook instead of Tae More

My Heart was Already Taken
But I was smitten by your smile
I didn't let it be shaken
Thinking it was Worthwhile
Walking A Path that wasn't paved
A Rough Road I dared to Take
Giving up was never Option
For your feelings that I will never Question
There Maybe Times that I will Waver
My courage will wane but I will never
Let Destiny Dictate the Outcome
Nor Let Myself be Outdone
But if your heart gets tired
Even with All my Effort and Might
If you decide to break it
And To Destiny You Decide to Submit
I'll break Cupid's Bow
And Block His Arrow
To Take Your Heart
And never spend our lives apart

Epilogue

197 12 2
By chinguine

A/N: Sorry it took time to finish it. I was really swamped with irls right now. Also, it was hard writing this as spinning off something with a different ending and alternate option is too much to think about.

You were out at the veranda looking up in the sky full of stars. It was a good sign, if means it wouldn't rain tomorrow.

Then you heard a fizzing sound and you looked up as a cold can of beer touched your cheek. "I thought you're supposed to have a beauty rest before the wedding?"

"I can't sleep." You snatch the beer can from Jungkook's hand and opened it as he sat beside you.

"Nervous or cold feet?"

"Nervous. Why would I have cold feet? I love Tae." You answered while pouting.

"I know you love him, I mean you asked him to marry you." Jungkook laughed as you did, pushing him when he won't stop laughing.

"Are you saying just because I asked he doesn't love me? He proposed to me, too. After I asked but — he planned it before I asked him so—", it was true. Taehyung did laughed so hard after you asked him to marry you. He said he was about to asked you during your anniversary but you seemed pissed when you were looking at the magazine he decided against it.

When you got in Jungkook's apartment, your parents are there and Taehyung asked on his knee to take your hand.

Even that's the case, you still live with Jungkook even after you found a job. Taehyung for some reason didn't mind anymore, maybe also the fact that you stay at his apartment five days a week instead of Jungkook's helped.

"I never said he didn't love you." Jungkook spoke breaking your thought. "— but you know who else loves you? Me. That's who."

"Awwwww," you rustled his hair and lean on his shoulder. "I love you, too bunny."

"No, Noona I meant it. I love you." He said as he drank more beer.

When you looked at him, he was not meeting your gaze. You were waiting for a punch line but it didn't came. He was serious. "I meant it, too. You're special to me Jungkook. I might get mad at you all the time but you know I love you and always help you."

"— well my love includes fucking." He was smirking when he looks at you. "I guess I win."

"What?" You might have had misheard it.

"I love you so much like your love too but I want to fuck you, too— go down on you everytime and —"

"STOP IT!" You covered his mouth with your hand. "What do you mean? You— you love me?"

Jungkook removed your hand gently and kiss it. "I don't know how— I just— I started feeling that way. Don't worry, I don't want anything out of it. I'm just saying it right now. I feel like I would combust if I don't tell you before you get married."

"Jungkook— I— I don't look at you that way."

"I know." He smiled at you. "Sucks to be the childhood friend. I get your attention except for the one I need."

It was a long silence after that. Neither of you talked as you both drink beer. Unable to handle it anymore, you decided to stand and head on to bed. "I'll go first."

Jungkook held you hand as he stood as well. He pulled you in for a hug. "Promise you won't change— promise me even if you got married— you'll still have time for your bunny."

"You'll always be my bunny." You assured him.

"I love you, noona. If Tae dies early I got dibs on you." This time he was sporting his mischievous face.

"Sleep!" You tried to get away from his embrace and walked away when he called you again.

"Y/N!" It wasn't noona which made you furrowed your brows..

"Hey— if I— if I really tried to win you— do you think I have a chance?" Jungkook asked.

"No. Especially now." You said and he gave you a bitter smile. "— but when we went to everland— my feelings for you— it was different. I got confused for a while— so I don't know Jungkook but right now, I'm more than sure that my feelings for Tae won't change."

What Jungkook said kept you awake for a while, but soon you succumb to slumber.

Jungkook's declaration was quickly forgotten as soon as you woke up and have a dozen of things done to you for the wedding. Honestly, even before the ceremony started, you were already exhausted.

All that tiredness, were gone as you as you saw Tae, waiting for you unable to hold his tears. Even before you declare vows, he hugged you and kept saying I love you.

After that, it was a blur. One minute you are at the reception, the next Tae was carrying you to your room. Then the steamy sex after blew you mind— twice before you both stopped panting.

"Tae." You called and he immediately kissed your forehead.

"Yes, baby? But uhmmm— can we rest for awhile first?" He was giggling. "I'm tired the whole day but promise tomorrow we'll do it all day."

"Not that!" You said. "Jungkook told me he loves me."

Taehyung cleared his throat, "Not exactly a topic that you would tell your husband on your first night— but you want a divorce or something?"

It amazes you that Taehyung was still smiling. You didn't know why you blurted it out but seeing the balloon in your room made you remember of Everland.

"I know he loves you. More than a friend that is." Taehyung gave you a kiss. "I kinda convince him to tell you last night."

"What?" You clutch the blanket at your chest as you looked at your husband.

Husband. You can't help smiling.

"Don't tell me you regret marrying me?" He was shocked for the first time upon seeing your smile.

"What? No? I just— I realized you're my husband now and it's so sweet!" Your face turned serious and punched him lightly in the arm. "What do you mean you told him to tell me."

Taehyung straightened up and fidget. "Well— we were kinda talking at first— he was congratulating me— and then he said if he made a move on you, you probably would marry him instead of me." He shrugged his shoulder and talked faster. "So I kinda tell him that if he's so confident why don't he tell you what he feels becauseforsureIknowyouwillstillpickme."

You don't know what is more shocking, that Tae inadvertently ask Jungkook to try and steal you or the fact that they are talking like close friends. How come he could say it nonchalantly? Is he not jealous of your friend now? Not that it was a bad thing but it makes you think that his feelings for you waned that you were not worth being jealous about.

"Time for round three. I guess I'm not that tired."

"Taehyung Kim!" You said.

"You're beautiful when you're mad." Taehyung lurched forward to kiss you but you stop him with your palm.

"How long have you known?"

"You were mad when you thought that I was just using you for one night stand—"

"No, I meant about his feelings for me."

Taehyung stopped and clicked his tongue. "If this is three years ago, I swear I would be throwing hell now. It's our wedding night and you wanted to talk about your bunny?"

"Actually, I wanted to know why— like why aren't you? Why aren't you mad?"

"Well, uhmmm. I know I'm a jealous person. Super jealous. Sometimes baseless but— with him it was different. I wanted to protect you instead of keeping it to myself. Then— I noticed, I was gonna lose you either way so I decided to cherished you more."

Taehyung slowly let his lips met yours. "I love you Y/N. More than anything and more than my own happiness. I might be jealous of him but ever since we got to live in the same house and share the same bed— you made me confident enough not to be jealous, especially with someone who wants your happiness, too."

"Does it mean your feelings for me is not that strong anymore that it's okay for someone else to take me." Your voice cracked. "I remember at the bus stop. That hurt you know."

Taehyung sigh, "He told me not to tell you but he talked to me after— after Dahyun said those nasty things to you. He made me realize that more than anything— I want to be the reason why you're happy. So I chased you to the airport."

"I never asked you why— because I was happy to be back in your arms again. At the bus stop— why did you turned me down?" You asked. "Did you really want me back or is it because Jungkook asked you to?"

"Baby—" Taehyung straightened up, "Baby, after all that we've been through— you think that was the reason? I love you. I always have. For the longest time, I am holding back because at the back of my mind I thought you and Jungkook were meant to be— that I'm just a side character to your story."

Taehyung gave you a light kiss, sucking and gently tugging your lips with his teeth. It felt so much that you moaned into his mouth.

"I asked myself if I could go on with my life without you— without you kissing me half asleep greeting me good morning. Without you saying good night as you squeeze your body against mine." Taehyung's tears start to fall. "When Jungkook asked me to come after you I said I could because where not meant to be and if someone else could make you happier but I then— I remember why I fell in love you."

"I love you, Y/N— I love your stupid jokes. The way your eyes light up whenever we see each other. The way you make me comfortable everytime. I love you because you're the only one who makes my heart skip a beat. I realized that's enough. That's enough reason for me to break cupid's bow and chase you by myself instead of letting fate intervened."

"I love you, too. Tae."

"Y/N, just promise me one thing."

"What? Anything."

"Forget about what happened. Forget about the pain we caused to each other. Just remember that, after all of that we still find a way to each other— that's the most important thing. Not fate, not destiny— but the fact that we have each other."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

66.7K 1.3K 15
"I hate you Jeon Jungkook!"
81.7K 3.1K 20
Taehyung was forced to marry jin. he just didn't know why jin can't love him the way he loves jin. Yeah he forgot because of his long lost boyfriend...
28.1K 1.5K 22
"Cupid.The God of Love and yet you're not allowed to fall in love?seriously?" - Jeon Jungkook Cupid's Arrow | Taekook |
164K 4.9K 34
𝙹𝚎𝚘𝚗 𝚘𝚠𝚗𝚜 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚛𝚒𝚌𝚑𝚎𝚜𝚝 𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚙𝚊𝚗𝚢. 𝙷𝚎 𝚑𝚊𝚜 𝚊 𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚙𝚊𝚗𝚢 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚛𝚞𝚗𝚜 𝚝𝚠𝚘 𝚎𝚕𝚎𝚌𝚝𝚛𝚘𝚗𝚒𝚌𝚜 𝚍𝚎𝚟𝚒𝚌𝚎𝚜...