Cigarettes

By unstable_husky

Bora sighed, tears streaming down her face as she signed the document. She turned her head away as Siyeon mad... More

Smoke
[TW] No, Never
Small World
Help
[TW] Revelation
[TW] Goodbye
[TW] How It All Ended
[TW] Melody
Hurt and Tragedy
[TW] Regret and Guilt
Decisions
Heartbreak
[TW] Every Day, Every Moment
Time
Awake
Home
A Painful Promise
A Kiss
Songs For You
[M] One More Chance
[TW] Friends and Enemies
[TW] The Past
[TW] Resolve
You and I
Promise
Me After You

[TW] How It All Began

346 29 0
By unstable_husky

Bora wrinkled her nose as she sat back at her seat. Why was the new girl so rude?

She loudly groaned and the said rude girl kept to herself at the corner of the room. Bora craned her neck to take a closer look at what the said girl was doing.

Bora saw scribbles and weird doodles on her notebook, What was she doing?

'Hey," Bora called out in a lazy tone as her arm dangled on the backrest.

The said rude girl looked up from her notebook, a startled expression on her face. She returned Bora's gaze, her mouth a bit opened as the two stared at each other in silence.

"Hey uh," Bora stammered,"What's your name?"

"Siyeon," The rude girl quietly said. She pursed her lips for a moment before speaking again,"Is that all?"

"W-,"

"Well then thanks for wasting my time,"

Bora snarled as she turned away from Siyeon,"Rude bitch,"

Bora never really understood the girl, she would often roll her eyes at their teachers. Flipping off her classmates were also a thing. But despite all this, she just wanted someone to stay by her side. Someone who can love her, someone who can understand her.

In conclusion, Bora despised her guts she wishes she could send her off to outer space where she would never be seen again. But of course, she doesn't really want that to happen.

Bora would always get pissed at the girl's rudeness she would often yell and threaten her. Although Siyeon would respond with calm, frustrating words, it greatly bothered her.

The two girls always got detention for arguing, even receiving a trip to the disciplinary office once. They both received red cards which Bora threw away right after getting it.

It wasn't until a huge incident that Bora felt sorry for the girl.

It wasn't until the latter's parents barged in the school and caused a scene that Bora finally understood the girl.

It was one, cloudy afternoon. Bora and Siyeon were both doing their own thing when the door threw open, their panicked teacher trying to contain a certain mess from developing even further.

A man and woman in their 40s entered the room, their noses flared and they fumed with anger.

"Lee Siyeon!" The woman yelled, gritting her teeth,"You're coming with me,"

"You?!" The man shook his head as he yelled,"No. She's coming with me,"

The woman stormed to the said girl and harshly grabbed her arm,"You're coming with me,"

"I can take care of her more than you can!" The man snarled, balling his fists.

"Please, i'm much richer than you!" The woman rolled her eyes,"I can give her the best life. Unlike you,"

The man shook his head in defeat,"Look, we don't have to do this at our child's school,"

"I don't care where we do it," The woman smirked,"As long as I get my dear Siyeon at the end,"

The man stared at her as he clenched his fists.

"Now scram, you filthy, leeching, d--,"

"STOP!"

All heads turned to a messed up Siyeon. The girl messed her hair up as she ran away from the commotion.

"Siyeon!" The woman called out, her feet moving to catch up with the girl until the man stopped her in her tracks.

Bora quickly stood up, her legs bringing her out the room, and to the empty hallway. Her footsteps echoed throughout the hallway as she frantically searched for the missing girl.

She felt something click inside her brain. Soon enough, she found herself standing in front of a lone janitor closet. She silently pressed her ear on the door, and upon getting the answer she needed, she slowly knocked.

"Siyeon?" She whispered.

Bora heard sniffles coming from inside the room, signalling that Siyeon was indeed inside.

She turned the knob with a cautious hand to find that the door was unlocked.

"Siyeon, i'm coming in," She stated before going inside the room.

Her eyes scanned the dark room before spotting a lone figure.

Siyeon sat at the corner, her arms hugging her legs as she buried her head into her knees.

Bora slowly closed the door and locked it before making her way to the sobbing girl.

"Hey," She started, a frown on her face.

"Hey yourself," Siyeon sobbed,"I locked that,"

Bora stood in silence as she listened to the girl.

"What're you doing here, huh?" Siyeon hissed,"Here to make fun of me? Go on, I don't fucking care,"

Bora shook her head,"Siyeon, no,"

She then pursed her lips , proceeding to sit down beside the sobbing woman.

"I'm sorry," She began,"I couldn't understand why you were being rude and distant to everybody,"

"How the hell did you even find this place?" Siyeon sniffled.

"Because I go here to cry a lot," Bora smiled.

"Sympathizing with me are you?" Siyeon scoffed, shaking her head,"I don't need your sympathy,"

Bora paused for a moment,"You can tell me what's going on. I won't judge. I promise,"

"Just a bunch of shit going on with my divorced parents," Siyeon clicked her tongue,"Nothing important,"

"Parents too huh," Bora whispered as she chewed on her lip,"What happened?"

"Mom fucking cheated on dad," Siyeon sobbed,"Then they got divorced. And now, this,"

"It was bad," Siyeon gave a dry laugh,"They were verbally hurting each other,"

Bora sat in silence as she looked at the wolf's eyes.

"Now my family's broken," She added,"And shit keeps on piling up,"

"I'm sorry," Bora whispered.

"I don't need your pity,"

Bora shifted as she wrapped her arms around the girl. Patting her back as Siyeon started crying once again.

"What are you doing?" The girl asked in between sobs.

"Comforting you,"

"But why? You hate me,"

"Ssshhh,"

Siyeon, feeling defeated, leaned into the embrace. She thought that maybe...just maybe she could trust Bora.

It may be too quick but it seemed like Bora understood her.

It seemed like Bora was also a sad, empty person.

She cried and cried and cried until she could no longer, so she sat there in Bora's comforting arms.

"What happened to yours?" She managed to ask. Her eyes and lips were swollen and she was exhausted from all the crying.

"Gone," Bora sadly smiled,"Car crash,"

"Oh,"

"It's okay,"

Bora hummed as she closed her eyes.

"Wanna ditch?" Bora asked.

"What do you mean?"

"Let's ditch the remaining classes and go do something fun,"

"I'd want that,"

~~~

Ever since then, the two became close friends. Siyeon ran away from home and stayed at Bora's apartment. The tiny girl would always help her whenever she had nightmares about her parents.

Or nightmares that Bora left her for another friend.

Bora would always suggest the craziest of things, which led to Siyeon growing louder and louder as time passed by.

She still had that reserved side of her though.

Siyeon was deeply traumatized by her parents and so, she grew anxious of people she gets close with.

She was afraid that they might cheat on her in any way possible.

Everytime the word "cheating" or anything related to that was mentioned, the wolf would get much unwanted flashbacks and panic attacks.

But thankfully, Bora was there to help her.

While Siyeon lived with Bora, she found out how empty the girl was. Bora would often stare off into space.

They were just two peas in a pod with a funny start to their relationship.

Months passed and the two eventually fell for each other. Bora started dropping small hints in hopes of Siyeon actually noticing them. Although she grew frustrated and ended up telling Siyeon anyway.

The wolf was scared to commit, which Bora replied to that she can wait. And that whatever happens she won't leave her.

Nor cheat on her.

After a few weeks of thought, Siyeon agreed and the two started officially dating.

Siyeon always made sure to let the other girl feel her love, not just through words but also through actions. She made sure to pair her words with the necessary actions and Bora loved it.

Bora fell for it. It made her fall even more in love with Siyeon.

Siyeon swore to not let her future family experience what she experienced with her own parents.

Especially Bora. Not Bora.

The tiny girl turned an empty home into a loving home with just the two of them.

It was 4 years into their relationship when the two coincidentally proposed to each other at the same time.

It was fate, playing its tricks again. Since the two got married in a different country with big smiles on their faces.

And little did they know that there was surprise for them a few years after their marriage.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

27.1K 1.1K 17
Yoohyeon discovers diaries written by a stranger called Bora and finds out about a certain love connection that took place in the past. She starts to...
1K 69 11
Siyeon is devil who was sent to a world to protect a girl name Sua. They became friends and a girl group Dreamcatcher. Everything changes when Sua me...
2.4K 168 5
Minji was the owner of a very financially unstable coffee shop. They barely got any customers and if it kept going like this, they would eventually h...
50.2K 2.4K 23
After they lost their parents, JiU had to be the leader of the family and have to take care of her sisters, SuA,Siyeon,Handong,Yoohyeon,Dami and the...