The Chase (chase Davenport Lo...

By Raynthesaltyone

Amelia Arnolds is just your average Joe. She isn't anything too miraculous, yet. But knowing the davenports c... More

Crush, Chop And Burn Part One
Crash, Chop And Burn Part 2.
Commando App.
Leo's Jam
Rats On The Train
Smart and smarter
The afterdate
Exoskeleton Vs Grandma
Conscert in a can
Mission Space.
Speed Trapped
Leo vs Evil.
Bionic showdown Part 1.
Bionic showdown Part two.
Avalanche
Break up or make up.
Adam up
Perry 2.0
No Going Back
Sink or swim Part 1.
Sink or swim part 2
Mission: Mission Creek High.
Taken
Three minus Bree
Which Father Knows Best?
You posted What?
You posted what? Part 2
Shadow?
Armed and Dangrous.
Sleep Situation
Brother Battle.
Rise of the secret soldier part 1
Risoe of the secret soldiers part 2
Bionic House party.
The outing
First day at the bionic academy
Unauthorised mission.
Bionic rebellion: part one.
Bionic Rebellion:part 2
Under Seige
Bionic Dog
Mission mania
That dark room.
Authors note
Spider Island
Lab rats Vs. Mighty med part one.
Lab rats Vs mighty med part 2
Bionic action hero: part one.
Bionic action hero part 2
The curse of the screaming skull
On the edge part one
On the edge part two
And then there were four
Space colony part 1
Space colony part 2
The vanishing: Part one
The vanishing part 2

Parallel Universe

2.6K 43 13
By Raynthesaltyone

"Inventing the wheel? Boring. Discovering electricity? Snooze. Sliced bread?  Lame. But now Davenport industries introduces the worlds first proton fuser!" Mr Davenport jabbered as he walked into the Lab with his children and Amelia.

"You know for a scientist you'd think your payoffs would be a bit more proportional to your buildups." Leo commented, clearly unimpressed with the invention Mr Davenport had created.

"Well the payoffs is that it will allow us to see the origins of the universe. This thing fuses subatomic particles, so we can understand how planets form."

"Isn't this thing going to be highly dangerous though? I mean Physics isn't my best subject but i remember that stars normally form with nuclear fusion, like bombs and stuff. So that can't be safe to have just sitting around in the lab." Amelia questioned.

"Oh, you're absolutely right, this thing is highly dangerous, but I've always wanted to build one of these things. So i did. This is an important life lesson, if you have a dream go for it because you never know what could happen. And so what if it can technically destabilise the Earth, or open up a worm hole into a parallel universe? I made it and i want to play with it." Mr Davenport rushed over to his creation, it just looked like two circular based pyramids on poles that were social distancing. Which is all that happened from what they saw.
Tasha came down urging everyone to go upstairs, it was movie night and she had popped the popcorn and downloaded the film, or as she would say uploaded it. Everyone rushed upstairs, everyone except Leo.  He was stopped by his mother, he wasn't allowed to join them in watching the film until he finished all his chores, cleaned his room and did the dishes.  Leo was angry but had no choice but to obey.

Whilst doing the dishes the family was way into the film, Leo moved closer to the couch in order to at least watch a snip it of the film and participate in the laughter. Sadly, he laughed a little too loud causing his mum to turn and scream Leo. Frightened, Leo dropped the plate he was drying and was sent away for his behaviour.

Leo walked back into the lab muttering to himself angrily about chores.

Then Leo looked up, the two pyramids had started to work and created a circle of light that sucked Leo through to the other side. Except Leo didn't realise it was another side. Where he was transported to look oh too familiar, it was the lab. The lab he always new about. The lab that he had spent the past year in. The lab he was just in moments ago. But it wasn't his lab.
Leo ran into the elevator desperate for the bathroom, but when it had opened up to the other side it was completely different to anything he had ever seen before, at least in his home. The furniture had turned white, but not bleached white, more white Valentino handbag white. This wasn't the furniture he knew. Leo turned around and saw the elevator behind him close, instead of the three intertwined rings as the logo, there was one singular ring. Where was he? He thought to himself.

Leo looked up at the sound of his mothers voice, she wore a pantsuit and spoke on a Bluetooth phone. Very unlike herself. Leo looked closer at his mothers sudden change in character, but in doing so he knocked off a white marbled vase from the piano.

"Mom, i am so sorry. I didn't even know that was there."he panicked.

"Break whatever you want, Leo, i can afford a thousand of those."

"You can?"

"Of course, its one of the many perks of being a billionaire." Tasha gloated. "Well that, and being able to tease millionaires."

"Wait, where is everybody?  I thought we were watching a movie? And when did we move into an Italian furniture showroom?" Leo was disorientated, he wasn't sure what was going on. Where was his family.

"I dont have time for this, Leo, Tasha Technologies isn't going to run itself." Tasha said. "Honey toss me my keys"

Leo picked up the keys and lightly through them across to his mum. The keys shot through the air like a dart and busted a hole through the door.

"Mom, did you see what i just did?"

"Yeah, that was a good one, you took out the next door neighbours mail box. Noe, Honey, remember no using your bionics at school." Tasha walked out the door to do her tech thing.

"What bionics?" Leo murmured to himself as he looked at his hands. The static electricity between them caused a sort of lightning to be emitted from his hands and zap into the Chandelier, that crashed to the ground with a loud thud.

"Leo, i heard a crash are you okay?" Mr davenport came running into the living room, he wore a sweater and a lab coat in comparison to his suave tight fit black clothes.

"I just shot lighting out of my fingers, i don't know what's going on but 'im terrified to pick my nose." Leo panicked.

"Thats one of your new bionic upgrades. You harness static electricity to form lighting bolts. I voted for sneezing thunder but your mum shot me down." Donald explained.

"So I really am bionic? What else do i have? Super speed? Super strength? Super smarts?"

"Leo, you know you have these abilities. "

"Can i fly?" Leo turned around and jumped high into the air, only to plummet straight towards the ground, Gravity still had a hold on him.

"Nope, but your brilliant scientist inventor mum is working on it."

Leo, got up from the ground, "what are you talking about, you're the brilliant scientist."

Donald snorted, "no. No. Im still just your mom's lab assistant."

"But i thought that Amelia was your assistant? Well kind of anyway, i don't think you ever paid her for the assistance she gave you on some of your inventions and theories."

"Whose Amelia?"

"Y'Know Amelia. Medium length brown hair? blue eyes? freckles? British?" Donald looked even more confused. "She's dating your son."

"Son? What i don't have a son."

"You don't?" Donald shook his head. "And you're not an inventor?"

"Yeah, i mean, most of the stuff I invent either doesn't work or bursts into flames. You see these eyebrows i borrowed them from my back."
"But i did just finish a prototype on a proton fuser, so..."

"Proton, fuser. That's it!" Leo said," i must have travelled through a worm hole into this parallel universe."

"Leo, you read too many comic books.  Now uh off to school and, uh, lets just keep this between you and i. Okay?"

"Okay, i promise, i will not let anyone know i have bionics."

"No. No. No i mean dont tell you mum i was upstairs, or she'll take away my bathroom privileges."

*

At school, principle berry was twirling around in a blue flowery summer dress, she greeted all of her students nicely and handed them homemade cookies. "Good morning, Leo"

"Leo? You never call me by my first name. And according to legend you haven't smiles since the sixties."

"I always smile when i see you! School board approved air hug?" Perry reached over Leo giving him an air filled hug. "Oh, that is good, oh no air hug back, does my little shnookie need a cookie?"

"I suppose your little schnookie could take a lookie at a cookie." Leo picked one up and hesitantly took a bite, it was gorgeous. "Wow"

"They're from our gourmet cafeteria." Perry guided Leo into to see.

"Gourmet? This coming from the woman who thinks mould is a vegetable?" Leo walked into the cafeteria and saw delicious food and bright yellow tables, and, and hot lunch ladies. "Whoa whoa whoa, those are the lunch ladies?"

"Yeah, we tried to find prettier ones, but they'll do."

Chase, Adam and Bree got up from their seats, making Leo notice them.

"Guys! There you are!" Leo exclaimed. "This is unbelievable!"

"Whoa whoa whoa, hey, everyone check it out. We got an exchange student from Nerdistan. Ha!" Chase Yelled, he wore a dingos sports jersey and was somehow managing to hold a football.

"Yeah, like, step off, we don't know you." Bree said, acting like a total diva. "And fyi i wouldn't put my poodle in that outfit."

"Come on guys its me, Leo. You guys are Adam, Bree and Chase Davenport."

Adam in the back, wore all black and started jotting things down in a note book. "Uh, no, we're Adam, Bree and Chase Henderson. Are you lost little guy?"

"I don't understand."

"Ugh, there is so much to not understand in life, isn't there, like what would happen if we all just stopped for a second and just existed." Adam said very philosophically, then spoke in French.

Leo looked around him, he was full of uncertainty over what had happened, or more likely what was happening. Behind him he saw Amelia standing in a shadowy corner making out with some random guy. "Uh what is Amelia doing?"

"Amelia, is like, the biggest, and i mean biggest, cheater in school. Literally, she just goes around everywhere. She even Cheated on Chase, like, a week ago."

"Amelia, what? But that isn't parallel" Leo said under his breath as the bell rang.

"Wait, guys, come on. We're best friends! Im even bionic now, see I haven't even shown you my lightning fingers." Leo accidentally zapped the bin next to the siblings causing them to scream and run, run as fast as they could. "And those are my lightning fingers."

At the end of the day Mr Davenport was waiting at the bottom of the staircase for Leo. "Hey, leo"

"What are you doing here?"

"I always pick you up from school, a0 because your mother insists on it and b) its the only few minutes a day i can enjoy natural sunlight."

"This world is so much different from my world."

They talked some more, until the Henderson's came up to them and asked to talk to Leo.  Thrilled that Leo had finally made friends he told Leo to meat him in the car as they spoke.
They told Leo they decided not to call the authorities on him for being bionic, Leo was relieved and grateful, so much so he gave the Henderson's a group hug. But it was a hug he should have refused as Bree let go and pushed him outwards into a tall man dressed Men in Black style.
Leo was devastated, his friends, his family had betrayed him. The man held onto Leo's arm so he wouldn't run away, but Leo wasn't about to anyway, he was too busy questioning why they would do that to him.
But from behind, Perry was walking up ever so cautiously with the cookie tray, she smashed it across the mans head giving Leo time to escape. Mr davenport walked back into school, asking if Leo was coming or not, then he saw what saw going on and quickly scooted out of the school after Leo had super speeded away.

They walked into the house.

"Leo, what is going on. The Leo i know would never reveal his bionics at school."

"I am not that leo!" Leo shouted back. "I came here from a parallel universe through a wormhole made by your proton fuser."

"Wait, you were serious about that?"

"Yeah"

"Wow. Dont worry Leo as long as you're in my universe ill protect you." As Donald said this, Secret soldiers began coming into the living room from every direction, some even slid down on ropes. Causing Donald to faint.

"No wonder my mum keeps you in the basement." Leo said. The man from the school hand cuffed Leo and Donald to one of the pillars, and brought a handcuffed Tasha through the living room.

"Leo i think you can use one of your new abilities to get us out of here, geo-leaping. You can molecular transfer yourself anywhere just by thinking about it. I mean it hasn't been tested yet so make sue you warn me first-"

Leo leaped back into the cafeteria where he was urged to hide by Perry as she got rid of the government goons.

"Maybe this place isn't so cool after all, id give up the bionics, everything just to get back to my family."

"I wish there was i way i could help."

"But you can, your proton fuser."

"Even if i wanted to there's no way of telling if it could work."

" hey you always told me to believe in my dreams, now its time for you to believe in yours big D"

"What's a big D? Even if it did work, how would we get into the lab with all the People swarming the house?" 

The Henderson's walked into the cafeteria, causing Leo to Geoleap into the hallway.

"Lab, i thought lab."

"Your bionics are glitching."

Leo saw he was about to get corned as the agents walked in with the Henderson's, He grabbed Donald and ran, as fast as he could back into the house were more agents waited for him.

"Due to your resistance, we are forced to apprehend you by any means necessary."

"By any means necessary?" Leo started to spark up his fingers until lightning shot at all of the agents, he didn't stop until he saw that all of them were unconscious, then rushed down to the lair.

Donald unsheathed his invention and gave it a little tada before separating the two cylinders. "Now id feel a lot better about this if you would sign some release forms."

"Push buttons!" He yelled. Donald turned the invention on but the spark disappeared.

"See told you it doesn't work"

"Well make it work" Leo turned around and closed the door shut on the agent that tried to enter.

"Can't some dreams just die" Donald shouted.

"It took some time for the wormhole to reach full size."

"That sound like a volume threshold problem." Donald turned around and began to push more buttons, as he did the worm hole began to grow, and grow and grow.

"Okay, when i leave what will happen to you?"

"Once you leave both universes will restart from the moment you left, it will be like it never even happened. Except im going to start believing in myself." They shared a quick hug before Leo jumped through the wormhole barely escaping the grasp of an agent.

Leo once again stumbled on the floor of the lab, unknowing if it had worked he rushed upstairs to see if his family were still watching the film.
He smiled and breathed a sigh of relief at the sight of his family being together again. He went up to his mother and hugged her tightly.

"It's so good to see you guys"

"Oh! It's nice to see you in a better mood." Tasha replied "now put that energy into your chores."

"Absolutely, i will never complain about my chores ever again. It's so good to be home."

"Good to be home? Where did you go?" Bree asked.

"A parallel universe! Mom was a tech mogul, Chase was an annoying jock, Bree was a shallow mall rat, Adam was all introspective and philosophical, and Amelia, uh, you were the same."

"How could i be the same if everyone else had the opposite personalities?"

"Im still trying to figure that one out" Leo said.

"Seriously Leo, you dont have to make up words, just tell us what happened."  Adam laughed

"No you guys have got to believe me"

" you know what? I believe you, leo." Donald said.

"You do?"

"Yeah. Anywhere were your mom is a tech mogul is definitely and alternate universe." Donald scoffed before seeing his wife's face. "I mean youre very smart, just not with tech- ill be doing the dishes."

A few hours later, Davenport was showing off one of his new inventions.

"So what does this toy do?" Adam asked.

"This is not a toy, its the new invention me and Donald created. It's a cell replicator. With it we can map any organisms DNA and replicate any creature living or dead." Amelia explained excitingly.

"Isn't that dangerous?" Chase quoted.

"Technically, yes it could replicate a dormant disease (corona) that we have no ability to combat but i mean the chances of that are-

"No. No. No .no .no .no .no .no .no.non.on.no.non" Leo came through smashing the technologies to smithereens with a sledge hammer and destroyed all of Their hard work that could be near impossible to replicate to such efficiency. It was safe to say Amelia was miffed.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

36.1K 941 19
[Book 3 out of 3 of Angels and Demons] [Lab Rats: Elite Force x reader] "You are my sunshine, my only sunshine." "You make me happy, when the skies a...
558K 9.8K 100
"Turn your face towards the sun, Let the shadows fall behind you, Don't look back, Just carry on, And the shadows will never find you" ...
3.7K 208 17
In the Davenport Bionic Academy, amid conflicts and twists with the students and their past, and the responsibilities of the academy, Chase and Harpe...
49.7K 2K 37
"You're such a joy to be around."- "Well, you're a pain in the arse." Jordyn had no idea that befriending the lovely idiot who broke her locker would...