Bionic Dog

The doors of the hydro loop opened up to reveal Adam. Amelia, bree, chase and Leo were walking through the commons area when they saw him. "Hey, guess what i found!" Adam announced and from behind him a black and white dog jumped out of the hydro loop and enthusiastically started to smell Leo and Bree.

"Where did you get a dog?" Leo questioned.

"And please do not say from a guy with sun glasses and a cane." Bree joked.

"No. He started sniffing me when i got on the hydro loop, then he went crazy and wouldn't leave me alone." Adam explained.

"And did you by any chance have meat in your pocket?" Chase asked, already knowing the answer to his question.

"No! Wait, is salami a meat?"

"He can't stay." Chase stated, but as the words came out of his mouth the dog sat down, following the command.

"Whoa, did you see that? You said stay and he did!" Adam gasped.

"Maybe he was just tired and decided to sit down." Amelia theorised.

"Otis?!?" Douglas gasped as he walked into the common area, the dog turned around. Panting heavily the dog rushed over to Douglas, who immediately knelt to stroke the back of Otis's ears. "Oh,  that's my dog. He was a stray i took him in and nursed him back to health back when Krane and I bought our first evil lair together. Actually, it was more of an evil town house."

"What happened to him?" Amelia asked.

"i think he ran away because Krane terrified him.  He must've been searching for me forever. I eat he smelled my scent on Adam, and followed him back here.

"Are you sure it's the same dog?" Bree questioned.

"Of course, watch this. Otis, sit. Look left. Look right. Speak." Douglas commanded and Otis complied.

"Whoa, i can't even do that." Adam said.

"I'll tell you another little secret, Otis has super strength."

"Wait. You gave bionics to an animal?" Chase queried.

"He was injured and i did it to save his life."

"I really think you should find an alternative way to save a life than injecting bionics into everything." Amelia said, as she reconciled with Otis' story.

"Well, I'm glad you saved him but i can't believe you wasted bionics on a dog." Chase said.

"Well, i wouldn't say wasted. Do your thing, Otis." Otis jumped up and kicked his legs into Chase's chest, pushing Chase backwards with so much strength he was projected backwards into the training area.

*

In the Cafeteria Adam and Otis where playing cards whilst on the adjacent table Amelia handed tissues to a sneezing Chase as she read her book. "Chase can you keep it down? Otis and I are playing Cards. All right, what do ya got?" Otis used his snout to pick up one of his cards revealing he had a red ace. "Another ace? You're  a lot better than the other dogs i play with."

"Adam, that fur factory is making me sneeze. You have got to get rid of him."

"Stop right there." Adam whispered, "Otis, is the best thing to ever happen to me."

"Oh really, better than being a bionic superhuman, and going on life saving missions?"

"Mm-hmm, he lets me rub his belly."

"C'mon Chase you can't just expect him to give up his dog, that's like me telling you to give up your molecular kinesis.  When you get a pet, they become part of your family and part of who you are. It's not easy saying goodbye to them." Amelia stated, putting down her book.