Rules Of Royalty

By Quentin_RO

It's a new year at Van Doren Academy and their elite has added a new member to their coterie, much to the dis... More

First Note
Characters
Rule 1 • A Queen Doesn't Chase Kings
Rule 2 • A Queen is at Home with her Court
Rule 3 • The Queen Always Gets what she Wants
Rule 4 • Loyalty to the Queen is Absolute
Rule 5 • Rule Breakers Must be Punished
Rule 7 • The Queen Commands Absolute Loyalty
Rule 8 • A Queen Must Have International Relations
Rule 9: The Queen Must Still Care For Her Court
Rule 10: The Court Should Not Forsake Their Humanity
Rule 11: The Queen Must Be Able To See Ahead
...characters?
Rule 12: The Queen is Still Human
Rule 13: Royals Need Comforting
not an update!!
Rule 14: The Court Doesn't Play Each Other
Rule 15: The Queen Wins All Wars
Rule 16: The Queen May Remove Her Crown Behind Closed Doors

Rule 6 • The Queen is Unbeatable in Her Territory

313 14 4
By Quentin_RO

"Excuse me?" Darjani raised a brow, utterly surprised at Yvonne's audacity. The blonde had dragged her into a storage closet, the same one Dominic dragged her into earlier. The dark skinned girl chuckled slightly at the coincidence, but it didn't quell the anger burning in her chest.

"You heard me. What did you do to Dominic yesterday?" Yvonne asked again, moving closer to the other girl's face in a failed attempt to intimidate her. Though Yvonne was easily stronger, Darjani had a deafening strength to her persona, looks and the way she carried herself. Yvonne was already slightly frightened being in such close proximity to her.

"Oh please, I did nothing to your boyfriend." Darjani answered, placing slight emphasis on the to, though Yvonne didn't take notice of it. She scanned her eyes for signs of dishonesty, but Darjani's eyes were cold and unreadable and revealed nothing at all.

"You could easily be lying." Yvonne added hastily

"I lie when I feel wary of giving out certain knowledge. I would not outright lie to you because I don't feel threatened by you in any way." Her words were sharp and a wave of insecurity washed over Yvonne, her thoughts ran to the greedy looks boys often gave to Darjani and for just a moment, she imagined Dominic giving her that look.

She shook her head in an attempt to throw away the thought. "Outright?" The blonde asked.

"Yes, I would not outright lie to you. But I can easily omit something or deceive you for my own benefit." Darjani pushed Yvonne away, dusting off her already immaculate uniform. "Where did you even get the suspicion that I did something to Dominic?"

"Why wouldn't I. You've been eyeing him since school resumed. Do I need to remind you that he is my boyfriend?" Yvonne felt a surge of empowerment, being able to call out Darjani.

"I find him insanely attractive, that is very true." A bored glance thrown in the blonde's direction, "I know that you both are dating, I don't care to be reminded."

Darjani eyes glinted sadistically and she leaned in to Yvonne. "There are several girls who are eyeing Dominic. Miroslava enjoys reminiscing about the times she warmed his bed. Adamata gave him his first anal." A sinister laugh, "Why are you so concerned about me?"

"Dominic received anal?" Yvonne couldn't hold in a laugh.

"Darling, are you this easily distracted?" Darjani asked in disgust and Yvonne suddenly felt small again.

"I am concerned about you because I know how you are. You're overambitious and manipulative and I honestly don't like that Dominic is acquainted with you."

"Do you think you have any control over that? I know your parents disapprove of him, does he look like he cares? Last night, he came to Adonis' party so that he wouldn't ruin his image, at the expense of yours. You should know that you are his pleasure and I am his reputation. In his life, I come before you."

"Bullshit." Yvonne swore at Darjani's words.

"Darling, I speak the truth."

"You're a cold, jealous liar."

"I should have you know, that I am will not be jealous of an overly suspicious, little girl who is too attached to her boyfriend. I don't know what you expected to accomplish by dragging me in here but it didn't work. I am not threatened or intimidated by you and you just made a fool of yourself in front of the girl who could and would, if she had the chance to sleep with your boyfriend."

Yvonne's eyes began to sparkle as she stared at Darjani's dark ones. The girl in front of her was cold, manipulative, mean, absolutely stunning. Yvonne could perfectly picture her with Dominic and the image caused bile to rise up in her throat.

"Why are you crying? I have not touched you nor have I insulted you." Darjani asked, her words laced with distaste and contempt.

A slight grunt escaped Yvonne's lips as she tried to hold in her tears. She looked up at the girl before her, "Why? What is wrong with you? Have you no sympathy?''

"Not for people like you, who think that just because they've got one big break, they can eliminate the people who have been there before them."

"You bitch!"

"Now you insult me because I have said the truth. Because I have shown you who you are."

Yvonne slid down to her knees. She felt utterly defeated and she hated it. She no longer stopped the tears, they flowed freely now, itching her nose as the liquid ran down it.

"You are not fit to be with Dominic if you can't handle the people he comes with. Believe me, I am the nice one. You'd best not try this with Adonis who would have no qualms with immediately undressing you right here for the whole school to see. You better control yourself, you are in my territory and I don't take lightly to rule breakers."

"Don't think too highly of yourself, territory?" Yvonne scoffed, trying to gain back some dignity.

Darjani just laughed, "Yes. I am the queen and this school is my kingdom." A murderous glint arose in her eyes and Yvonne's blood ran cold at the sight. "If I have to, I will comfortably destroy you for my own benefit."

"Who's to say you haven't started to already?"

"That is the smartest question you have asked since the moment I met you." Darjani said and walked out of the closet, leaving Yvonne sitting and wallowing in self pity.

Darjani met Dominic on her way to class, the first she was going to attend that day, even though Yvonne made her late.

"Dominic, please control your girlfriend." She said to him.

"What happened this time?" He asked as he rolled his eyes, a light chuckle escaping his lips.

"She grew a set of balls too large for her thighs to support."

Dominic let out another laugh. "What?"

"I know, I'm fucking hilarious." Darjani let out a light giggle and Dominic was in slight awe at how normal she suddenly looked.

"Yeah, you are actually." He smiled lightly, then asked, "She knows?"

"No, not yet anyways. But just keep her in check."

Dominic nodded to her, but Darjani knew, from his new energy and the look in his eyes that he didn't care anymore if she found out. He felt as untouchable as she did.

Darjani had never been more attracted to him than she was now.

Yvonne perked up at the sight of Dominic before her. She ran and leaped into his arms, burying her face in his shoulder.

"Darling, what happened?" He asked and she immediately thought back to when Darjani called her that. She began to sob.

Dominic wiped her tears away and forced her to look at him. "What happened?" He asked in a stern voice.

"You are like her." Yvonne croaked, "There's something different about you now. So strong and uncaring, like her."

Dominic didn't even move, her words had no effect on him. Yvonne noticed this and she squeezed his blazer tightly.

"Did you sleep with Darjani yesterday?" She asked.

Dominic thought back to the night before and to what they did in that same storage closet. It didn't bother him that he had cheated. It made him feel more alive, there was some pride in it. The only thing that made him feel less, was that as he was holding Yvonne, his girlfriend, he couldn't help but wish it was Darjani he was holding. The thought chilled him to his bone.

"No, I didn't screw Darjani." Because it wasn't a mere fuck to him. It definitely was not love making because Dominic was completely sure that he did not love the Somali. Attraction? He had sex with her and if he knew a better word to describe it he would, because he was so engrossed with how she made him feel at the time that he couldn't call it mere sex.

"Are you lying to me?"

"No, I am not." Not to him anyways, maybe she would take it as lying, sex and nothing more. But then again, his answer was based solely on his opinion and views, Yvonne's thoughts had nothing to do with it.

"Dominic, she said so many things."

"Tell me what happened."

"I pulled her in here to question her because I felt suspicious. Was I being paranoid?"

"You were being suspicious. Your distrust was justified, so it is not paranoia." Dominic stroked her face gently. It didn't feel Like Darjani's but it was nice anyways.

"I love you, Dominic."

"I love you too, Yvonne." It was the first lie he'd acknowledged.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

277K 14K 83
The first time I cut myself and I saw that my blood was purple I wasn't concerned, but then when my Nanny cut herself and her blood was red. I was co...
307K 10.4K 62
[ FINISHED - unedited ] ❝How do I... How do I stop them?" "You want to stop them?" Rachel raised an eyebrow. "Yes," I nodded. She immediately broke o...
167K 8.8K 60
Callista Genovese never wanted to be part of the family business. She enjoyed the anonymity of being a teacher in a land where she was not the killer...
42K 1.4K 29
❝but of course, you don't choose the court; the court chooses you.❞ ☾ ♚ ☽ Grimpeur Rose Academy's new girl Constance Favre has caught the eye of the...