𝗣𝗥𝗜𝗡𝗖𝗘𝗦𝗦, minho (tmr)

By gladertrash

in which the first girl in the glade runs for her life and bumps into a runner who gives her a nickname. More

THE MAZE
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
THE SCORCH
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
THE RESCUE
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty One
Chapter Forty Two
Chapter Forty Three
Chapter Forty Four
Chapter Forty Five
Chapter Forty Six
Chapter Forty Seven
Epilogue
TEN YEARS LATER... (happy one year to princess!)

Chapter Nineteen

44K 1.1K 3.1K
By gladertrash

The next day Florence found herself in the Council room, sat beside Minho on the end of the semi circle of chairs the Council members were sat on. Thomas squirmed under the eyes of the Council, as the only ones not judging him were Florence, Minho and Newt.

Minho stretched his arm around Florence's shoulders, resting it on her chair. She had brought her chair closer to the boy, the pair getting only a little affectionate, as to not make whatever it was going on between the two of them anymore obvious.

But it was obvious to everyone already. From the moment Minho had returned to the Glade, the pair had barely been able to keep their hands off of each other, and they were oblivious to it.

"In place of our leader, sick in bed, I declare this Gathering begun," Florence bit back a laugh as Newt rolled his eyes himself from the formality.

"As you all know, the last few days have been bloody crazy, and quite a bit seems centred around our Greenbean, Tommy, seated before us."

Thomas nervously looked at the faces staring back at him, and Florence gave him a reassuring smile, causing him to relax a little. He knew she was on his side.

"He's not the Greenie any more," Gally replied harshly, "He's just a rule breaker now." A few of the Keepers began whispering amongst them, but Florence just found herself rolling her eyes.

Any signs of the person Gally was acting like last night to Florence was gone.

"Gally, try to keep some bugging order here. If you're gonna blabber your shuck mouth every time I say something, you can go ahead and bloody leave, because I'm not in a very cheerful mood." Newt replied, and the boy shut his mouth instantly.

"Glad we got that out of the way." He caught eyes with Florence, who raised an eyebrow with amusement. Ignoring the girl, he continued the Gathering.

"Reason we're here is because almost every loving kid in the Glade has come up to me in the last day either boo-hooing about Thomas or begging to take his bloody hand in marriage." This earned a laugh from Florence.

Bet Newt's jealous about these other boys wanting to marry Thomas.

She immediately tried to turn it into a cough, failing miserably and choosing to instead turn her eyes to the floor.

"We need to decide what we're gonna do with him." Gally went to try and speak but Newt cut him off again.

"You'll have your chance, Gally. One at a time. And Tommy, you're not allowed to say a bugging thing until we ask you to. Good that?" Thomas nodded reluctantly, but Florence knew it was best for the boy to hear what everyone had to say before speaking himself.

Starting the opposite end of the semi circle, Newt pointed to Zart. "Zart the Fart, you start." Florence let herself laugh unashamedly this time, a few also chuckling.

"Well, I don't know. He broke one of our most important rules. We can't just let people think that's okay. But then again, he's... changed things. Now we know we can survive out there, and that we can beat the Grievers." It was comforting for Florence to know that people shared her opinion, but even more so to Thomas.

He was an outsider, he needed as many people on the Council onside as possible.

"Oh give me a break. I bet Minho's the one who actually got rid of the stupid things." Gally interrupted again, and this time Florence stepped in to handle it.

"Shut it Gally. Minho himself has said it was Thomas. His ego's way too large to allow Tom to take the credit if it was really him." Minho rolled his eyes at the girl but he couldn't disagree. She was spot on.

"I'm in the bloody Chair right now, and if I hear one more bugging word out of turn from you, I'll be arranging another Banishing for your sorry butt." Newt threatened, and Gally slouched down in his chair with his signature scowl plastered on his face.

"Is that it? Any official recommendations?" Zart shook his head and said nothing else. "Okay. You're next Frypan."

Florence felt impatient. She had to listen to everyone else before being able to talk, but hearing herself complain internally made her realise how much worse Thomas would be feeling.

"Shank's got more guts than I've fried up from every pig and cow in the last year." Frypan waited for a laugh, but Florence held herself back this time, not wanting Newt's glare.

"How stupid is this - he saves Alby's life, kills a couple of Grievers, and we're sitting here yapping about what to do with him. As Chuck would say, this is a pile of klunk."

"So what're ya recommending?"

"Put him on the freaking Council and have him train us on everything he did out there." Frypan had ruined his previous well put statement with that sentence.

All order was lost as voices came from almost everyone. Florence remained silent, turning to the boy right beside her, who was also just watching the outburst with a silent amusement.

Whilst everyone was distracted, the girl took the opportunity of swooping in and kissing Minho's cheek to which his smirk only grew, paired with flushed cheeks as he glanced to the girl with a wink.

"All right, writing her down. Now everyone keep their bloody mouths shut, I mean it. You know the rules - no idea's unacceptable - and you'll all have your say when we vote on it." Newt finished scribbling away in his notebook and continued moving along the Council members.

"I don't really have an opinion." Florence heard the boy speak. She stopped herself laughing, for what felt like the umpteenth time, and found herself leaning back in her chair, staring up at the ceiling.

This is stupid. Why are we asking people who barely know what the Maze is really like? Thomas saved Minho and Alby's lives. Why should he be punished?

"What? Lot of good it did to choose you for the Council, then." Newt replied sarcastically.

"Sorry, I honestly don't. If anything, I agree with Frypan, I guess. Why punish a guy for saving someone's life?" Newt rolled his eyes, replying that the boy did indeed have an opinion.

Next was Winston, explaining that he thought Thomas should be punished, and that he should be put in the Slammer for a week. Gally began to clap and Florence turned back to the scene, not able to remain silent since the last time she had spoken up.

"Yes because we should chuck the boy in a cell for saving two of the most important guys in here." Newt scowled at Gally and turned to the girl.

"Wait your turn Flo. We all have to." She just rolled her eyes and turned away from the boy, not wanting to let herself get angry at him.

Soon enough, it was Newt's turn and he let out a heavy sigh. "I agree with the lot of ya. He should be punished, but then we need to figure out a way to use him. I'm reserving my recommendation until I hear everyone out. Next."

More people spoke, some wanting Thomas to be punished, some wanting him to be praised. Now, only Gally, Minho and Florence hadn't spoken.

"I think I've made my opinions pretty clear already." 

Oh thank god. I don't think I could bear hearing Gally drag on about how much he hates Thomas.

"Good that." Florence knew that Newt was as relieved as she was. "Go on, then, Minho."

Gally couldn't handle this. Why was Florence surprised? She was hoping this time Gally wouldn't be so much, well, Gally. But of course he was.

"No! I still wanna say something."

"Of course you do." Gally just ignored the girl, not wanting to face her after letting down his guard and comforting her the night before.

"Then bloody say it."

"Just think about it. This slinthead comes up in the Box, acting all confused and scared. A few days later, he's running around the Maze with Grievers, acting like he owns the place."

Oh this is just ridiculous.

The anger bubbling up inside the girl was almost enough to make her jump from her chair and slap the boy in the face, but she refrained from doing so.

It would just make things worse.

"I think it was all an act. How could he have done what he did out there after just a few days? I ain't buying it."

"What're you trying to say Gally?" Newt was growing angry too, yet he was doing a good job of keeping his head.

"I think he's a spy from the people who put us here." Gally's words caused an uproar. His words were the most ridiculous thing Florence had heard. Yet she stayed quiet.

"We can't trust this shank. Day after he shows up, a psycho girl comes, spouting off that things are gonna change, clutching that freaky note. We find a dead Griever. Thomas conveniently finds himself in the Maze for the night, then tries to convince everyone he's a hero. Well, neither Minho nor anyone else actually saw him do anything in the vines. How do we know it was the Greenie who tied Alby up there?"

No one spoke. Florence knew that some people on the Council would be swayed by the boy, but she knew most wouldn't. It was nonsense.

Gally was not yet finished, rambling on about how there's been 'too many weird things going on since he got here', and he finally finished with his recommendation, that they should 'lock his butt in the Slammer - for a month, and then have another review'.

The room broke out in chatter again, and Florence got the angry boy's attention, aptly commenting, "You're mad the boy's actually done something in less than a week of being here, and you've done nothing in two years. We didn't chuck you in the Slammer after you ran in the Maze!" The redness of the boy's face grew and he went to snap back at her, but Newt interrupted.

"Finished, Captain Gally?"

"Quit being such a smart aleck Newt. I'm dead serious. How can we trust this shank after less than a week? Quit voting me down before you even think about what I'm saying."

Florence found herself agreeing with the last sentence. Although her opinion differed greatly from the boy, they couldn't not consider it. They needed to think over everyone's view on the Council.

"Fine Gally. I'm sorry. We heard you, and we'll all consider your bloody recommendation. Are you done?" Adamant he was right and everyone else was wrong, Gally sat back in satisfaction, nodding.

"Yes I'm done. And I'm right."

"Go ahead then Minho." Minho's recommendation was the one everyone was waiting for. The boy was the only one there when Thomas did what he did in the Maze, and no one had a clue of what he was thinking.

He retracted his hand from Florence's chair and leapt up from his seat. The boy was still exhausted, looking as though he hadn't slept in a week.

"I was out there; I saw what this guy did - he stayed strong while I turned into a panty-wearing chicken. No blabbing on and on like Gally. I want to say my recommendation and be done with it."

Florence wasn't worried about Minho's recommendation. She knew he would defend Thomas, and she knew his opinion was pretty much the most important of the group.

"Good that. Tell us then." Newt readied himself to write down Minho's recommendation, and the boy turned to Thomas, his face giving nothing away.

"I nominate this shank to replace me as Keeper of the Runners."

The room was stunned. Florence leaned forwards in her chair, her mouth open in shock of the words, and decided that she had never been more attracted to the confident and aloof boy.

Minho sat down again, and everyone was still silent, for what felt like forever but in reality was only about twenty seconds. He turned to the girl beside him, as if to see her reaction, who in response reached out and linked her hand with his.

"That's ridiculous! He should be kicked off the Council for saying something so stupid." Gally had gotten up from his seat, pointing his finger at Minho, who of course was completely unbothered.

"I could argue the same about you Gally." Florence snapped back, to the eyeroll of the hot headed boy. The chatter had started up again, louder than before, and not willing to quieten.

Newt tried to shut everyone up, yelling at the group of teens, screaming for them to stop. Eventually, they did, and Newt was breathless as he stood over the group.

"Shuck it! I've never seen so many shanks acting like babies. We may not look it, but around these parts we're adults. Act like it, or we'll disband this bloody Council and start from scratch."

Newt walked along the line of the Council, threatening each and every one of them with a harsh glare. "Are we clear?" Everyone nodded in agreement, and Florence was now itching to talk.

However, Newt himself had other ideas. "Good that. That's some pretty serious klunk, brother. Sorry, but you need to talk it up to move it forward."

Minho wanted to collapse from exhaustion, but he agreed, beginning to talk once again. "It's easy for you shanks to sit here and talk about something you're stupid on. I'm the only Runner in this group-" Florence let her hand slip from the boy.

So he's just forgotten I'm a Runner?

"Let's just pretend I'm not here then shall we?" She asked sarcastically, and Minho winced, realising his mistake.

"Shuck, I'm sorry princess." His eyes found hers and she let her icy exterior soften in seeing his truly remorseful expression. She nodded for him to continue.

"I'm one of two Runners in this group, and the only other one here who's even been out in the Maze is Newt."

"Not if you count the time I-" Gally. Again. Minho couldn't keep his cool on the boy anymore, finally letting himself grow angry.

"I don't! And believe me, you and most of the others on this Council haven't the slightest clue what it's like to be out there. The only reason you were stung is because you broke the same rule you're blaming Thomas for. That's called hypocrisy, you shuck-faced piece of-"

"Enough. Defend your proposal and be done with it." 

The tension in the room was close to shattering, and it was likely to cause injuries. Gally and Minho stared one another down, their faces both drawn with rage, and they seemed as though they were going to pounce on one another at any given moment.

"Anyway, listen to me. I've never seen anything like it. He didn't panic. He didn't whine and cry, never seemed scared. Dude, he'd been here for just a few days. Think about what we were all like in the beginning. Huddling in corners, disoriented, crying every hour, not trusting anybody, refusing to do anything. We were all like that, for weeks or months, till we had no choice but to shuck it and live."

Minho stood up again, Florence's eyebrows were knitted in curiosity as the boy spoke, the words flowing stronger as he continued with each one.

Thomas was watching in awe, as Minho continued to explain what the other had done when he got into the Maze, in saving Alby, when the Grievers showed up. He had done something important.

"We get the point." Gally interrupted once again. "Tommy here is a lucky shank." Minho whirled on him, the fire in his eyes speaking to his rage more than his calm expression.

"No you worthless shuck, you don't get it! I've been here two years, and I've never seen anything like it. For you to say anything..." 

He paused, groaning, and the girl's heartstrings tugged. Minho - and Thomas - needed nothing more than to sleep and rest, but they were being thrusted into action again, the spotlight firmly on the two of them.

"Gally. You're nothing but a sissy who has never, not once, asked to be a Runner or tried out for it. You don't have the right to talk about things you don't understand. So shut your mouth." Minho's words were very dangerous and Gally's temper was short.

"Minho." Florence hissed quietly, only wanting the boy himself to hear her warning. She agreed, but he was going to get himself into a hell of a lot of trouble.

"Say one more thing like that and I'll break your neck, right here in front of everybody." Gally's threat wasn't empty, but Minho was clearly stronger.

He merely laughed, raising the palm of his hand and shoving Gally in the face.

I stand corrected, this is the most attracted I've ever been to Minho.

As satisfying as it was to watch Gally crash over his chair and fall over onto his back, Florence didn't want Minho to end up getting himself hurt. Gally struggled to get up from the ground, getting onto his hands and knees barely, but Minho stepped closer and slammed his foot down onto Gally's back and sent him onto the ground again.

"I swear Gally, don't ever threaten me again. Don't ever speak to me again. Ever. If you do, I'll break your shuck neck, right after I'm done with your arms and legs."

Florence was immediately up on her feet, knowing her strength overpowered the tired boy who was not expecting her to drag him off the boy. She put herself between the two boys, remaining calm herself despite her thumping heart.

Gally scrambled up, his face red with rage, but he looked to the girl and made no move to the boy. He knew she wouldn't stop protecting him. Gally backed away to the door, his eyes screaming murder as he reached for the handle.

"Things are different now, You shouldn't have done that, Minho. You should not have done that." His eyes shifted to Newt who was stood calmly beside the girl.

"I know you hate me, that you've always hated me. You should be Banished for your embarrassing inability to lead this group. You're shameful, and any one of you who stays here is no better. Things are going to change, this I promise."

He has truly gone mad now. What was he planning on doing?

"And you." His dark eyes moved to Thomas, who squirmed in discomfort. How the boy had managed to stay silent this entire time, Florence couldn't understand.

"The Greenbean who thinks he's fricking God. Don't forget I've seen you before - I've been through the Changing. What these guys decide doesn't mean jack."

Gally was spitting out his words now. The boy had no shame in showing his anger for everyone in the room, and Florence was beginning to realise how lonely he really was.

"Whatever you came here for - I swear on my life I'm gonna stop it. Kill you if I have to." Florence's heart thudded to the floor, but she decided something in her mind.

I'm going to protect that boy with my life.

Gally flung open the door and stormed out, slamming it behind him. The girl moved away from Minho, sitting down in her chair and running her hands through her hair.

What a shucking past few days.

Minho sat down beside her, struck with shock. "He's finally whacked for good." He whispered, but it was audible by everyone.

"Well you're not the bloody saint in the room. What were you thinking? That was a little overboard don't ya think?"

Minho was offended by Newt's words, it was blatantly obvious. He scoffed a little, throwing his head back as he met Newt's eyes.

"Don't give me that garbage. Every one of you loved seeing that slinthead get his dues, and you know it. It's about time someone stood up to his klunk."

"He's on the Council for a reason." Newt threw back, but it was barely a fair argument.

"Dude he threatened to break my neck, and kill Thomas! The guy is mentally whacked, and you better send someone right now to throw him in the Slammer. He's dangerous."

Florence had had enough. Even after the brawl, she hadn't gotten her chance to say her piece, and now she could do it without the threat of a certain someone butting in.

"Can I make my shucking recommendation now?" The boys jumped at the girl's voice, as if they had forgotten she was a member of the Council.

"Of course Flo. Go ahead." She exhaled, standing again and looking at Thomas, her arms folded tightly against her chest.

"All Thomas did was what I wanted to do. We all know that Newt stopped me from going in the Maze that night, and if he hadn't, I would be sat in that shank's place. Or maybe not. We don't know if Minho and Alby would've made it if I was there instead of him." She spoke firmly, but inside the girl was shaken by her own thought.

"So my recommendation is similar to Minho's, but not as far." She sent a look to the boy, who just shrugged at her, a fondness resting in his eyes.

"I say we make Thomas a Runner. He's got to be a key to getting outta here. And we shouldn't punish him because he saved Minho and Alby. If anything we should be thanking him." With that, she sat back down, and watched as Newt scrawled down her words, before finally putting down his notebook.

No one responded to her calm words, since she spoke respectfully, and it was a wild contrast from the fight that had broken out only a few minutes ago. The room was silent for a while, playing over the Gathering's events.

"Maybe Gally has a good point." Winston finally spoke, so quietly, as if he didn't want anyone to hear.

"What?" Minho sounded outraged, and Florence asked the question internally as he said it himself.

"Well he has been through the Changing. That means he has memories, and he said the Greenie looks familiar. Why would he make that up?" Winston argued, and Florence looked to the lonely boy still sat silently in his chair.

"Winston, did you see what just happened?" Florence was surprised to hear Frypan butting in like this. The boy was definitely shy from controversy, and a friend to everyone, so it was shocking to hear this from him. "Gally's a psycho. You can't put too much stock in his rambling nonsense. What, you think Thomas here is a Griever in disguise?"

Florence laughed, and replied wittily to the boy. "I think he wouldn't be so skinny if he was a Griever in disguise."

Her words usually would've earned laughs from the boys, but they remained silent and Florence pouted in disappointment. She thought she was being quite funny.

"Can I say something now? I'm sick of you guys talking about me like I'm not here." Thomas' voice was higher than Florence remembered and her heart ached for the now impatient boy. Newt also felt for the boy, and nodded.

"Go ahead. This bloody meeting can't be much more screwed up."

Thomas took a deep breath and stood up from his seat. "I don't know why Gally hates me. I don't care. He seems psychotic to me. As for who I really am, you all know just as much as I do. But if I remember correctly, we're here because of what I did out in the Maze, not because some idiot thinks I'm evil."

Newt was satisfied with the boy's words and gratefully replied. "Good that." 

Winston stopped Newt to argue that the Council couldn't vote without all its members, but Florence had blocked out the boys bickering. It was all getting a bit too boring at this point.

Minho hitting Gally in the face and stomping on his back was really satisfying. Is that bad of me to think? God, I can never tell him though, his ego is large enough without it.

Florence zoned back into the conversation just in time to hear Newt's recommendation. "You broke our bloody Number One Rule, so you get one day in the Slammer. That's your punishment. I also recommend we elect you as a Runner, effective the second this meeting's over. You've proven more in one night than most trainees in weeks. As for you being the bugging Keeper, forget it."

Newt's eyes went to Minho, where he was sat with Florence close to him, the girl watching him with concerned eyes.

"Gally was right on that count - stupid idea." Minho's eyes flashed with hurt but the boy was an expert on keeping a neutral expression, not making his feelings obvious to everyone else. 

"Why? He's the best we have - I swear it. The best should be the Keeper."

"If Minho's admitting Thomas is better than him, that means something." 

Florence pointed out, and Newt couldn't deny that. Minho was usually keen on being the best, but the fact he was all for Thomas being Keeper instead of him shows that he really believes Thomas can get them all out of there.

"Fine. If that's true, we'll make the change later. Give it a month and see if he proves himself." Newt's eyes fell on Thomas whose cheeks were now dusted pink at the other boy's fixation on him.

"Okay we've had several recommendations, so let's give it a go round-"

"Oh come on. Just vote, I vote for yours." Frypan interrupted Newt with his agreement, leading everybody else to chime in saying the same. Newt's eyes went to the girl who simply just nodded. Only Winston hadn't spoken.

"Well we've got majority anyway." Florence pointed out, meeting Minho's high five without taking her eyes off Newt. He turned to Winston who seemed to be watching Thomas intensely.

"We don't need your vote, but tell us what's bonking around your brain."

God, Newt, bonking? Where do you get these words from?

"It's fine with me, but we shouldn't totally ignore what Gally said. Something about it - I don't think he just made it up. And it's true that ever since Thomas got here, everything's been shucked and screwy."

Florence couldn't argue with this. She knew Gally wasn't making it up, he told her he saw a boy in his visions during the Changing. That must have been Thomas.

"I agree." Thomas felt as though a knife had been stabbed into him at the girl's words. He couldn't help but let the thought of her betraying him cross his mind.

"He told me what he saw during the Changing- that he saw a young boy." She turned to Thomas whose eyes were beginning to widen in realisation. "That's you Tom. But it's the Creators, right? I bet the serum is made to mess with our minds, and they want him to turn on you or something."

Thomas could relax now. He felt stupid for assuming the girl would go and stab him in the back. She was one of the few people he could rely on. But now he knew that Gally really did see him.

"Your concern is fair enough, Winston." Newt decided. "Everyone put some thought into it - maybe when we get right nice and bored we can have another Gathering to talk about it. Good that?"

Winston simply just nodded, and Thomas let out a groan, stealing everyone's attention. The girl raised an eyebrow at his sudden interruption.

"I love how you guys are just talking about me like I'm not here."

"Look, Tommy. We just elected you as a bugging Runner. Quite your crying and get out of here. Minho has a lot of training to give you." Newt nodded to the Keeper, but his eyes were fixed on the girl whose face was lit up in amusement.

"Yeah, Tommy." She teased, emphasising the use of the nickname. Newt had used it before but this was the first time she had really noticed. Both Newt's and Thomas' cheeks flushed red and Minho matched Florence's evil grin.

"Yep, a ton of training Tommy." He did the same, and now Newt scowled at the pair teasing him. Thomas looked amused now, turning to the second-in-command with intrigue, before deciding to continue the conversation.

"What about my punishment?" Newt was grateful for Thomas changing the subject.

"Tomorrow, the wake-up till sunset."

It could definitely be worse.

It was clear that the Gathering was over by now. Everyone hopped up from their seats, and began to file out of the room. The boys dispersed across the Glade; leaving only Florence, Newt, Minho and Thomas.

"Well that was good times." Newt murmured, still scribbling down a few words in his notepad. The other three all got up from their seats and Minho approached Thomas, punching him playfully.

"It's all this shank's fault." He joked.

"Keeper? You want me to be Keeper? You're nuttier than Gally by a long shot." Minho just let out a cackle and met Thomas' eye with a wicked grin.

"Worked, didn't it? Aim, high, hit low. Thank me later." Thomas went to punch him again, but Florence swatted his arm away, reaching up to ruffle his hair as Minho chuckled.

Newt finally got up from his seat, sighing, and joined Thomas' side. "Anyone fancy dinner? I don't know about you shanks but I'm starving after all that." Thomas nodded in agreement but the girl held back, nudging Minho's arm.

"We can join you in a minute, I just need to talk to Minho quickly." Florence's voice gave nothing away, and Minho's mind ran through all of the things she could possibly be angry about.

"'Course." Newt gave the girl a smile and then winked knowingly at Minho once he had passed her, the boy in turn letting a smirk on his face. It disappeared almost immediately after when he remembered that she was probably quite angry at him.

She took a few steps towards the exit, glancing out before pushing the door shut completely. Minho was still attempting to work out why she was mad. He found the girl to be very unpredictable. She turned on her heel, her facial expression entirely unreadable.

"I'm so so sorry about saying I'm the only Runner. Also about shoving Gally, if that's why you're mad-" 

His face was drawn in terror as she approached him, but instead of starting to shout or rant like he was imagining, she did something rather different. Grabbing the front of his shirt, Florence pulled the boy towards her so her lips were ghosting his. He realised what she was doing and closed the gap to connect her lips to his. 

The kiss was hurried and messy but their stomachs both still filled with butterflies as Minho's hands found her cheeks, brushing over her skin as they moved their lips together. She pulled away from the boy as quickly as she had kissed him, leaving him equally flustered and confused.

"Why'd you-?" He cut himself off in embarrassment, clearing his throat and rubbing the back of his neck sheepishly.

"I'm glad you stuck up for Thomas." She said simply, smoothing down his shirt and patting his chest once. She took two steps back from him, finding herself happy to be the cause of his flustered cheeks.

"Yeah I mean..." He shrugged, leaning towards the girl suggestively. "If I say I did it for you, do I earn another kiss?"

"Absolutely not." 

She placed a finger on his lip to stop him going in for another kiss, and he pouted. Florence rolled her eyes and spun on her heel, leaving the Homestead.

Boys.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.1K 53 22
"But if we wait to help you it will be too late... We can get Minho back but you... If it goes too far, I can't get you back. I need you too." How ma...
680K 8.4K 55
Here are some of imagines and preferences that I make. Gladers I include : Thomas,Newt , Minho and Gally. Requests are open . (you can request a spec...
555K 18.4K 32
in which the mean guy in the glade falls for the first girl there, who's the only person able to break down his walls.
47.6K 1.3K 42
Teresa wasn't the first girl to come up in the Box. Three years before the arrival of Thomas and Teresa, came Tanya, the Glade's first girl. As an...