Killua X Reader [An Endless B...

By -MiraiTenshi-

-THIS HAPPENS RIGHT AFTER THE 2011 ANIME- You were a seemingly cheerful and helpful girl, yet you didn't have... More

[1] Change
[2] Starlight
[3] Distance
[4] Realization
[5] Talent
[6] Malice
[7] Selflessness
[8] Teacher
[9] Aura
[10] Shrouded
[11] Training
[12] Arena
[13] Solace
[14] Excitement
[16] Answers
[17] Fragment
[18] Beginning
[19] Encounter
[20] Resolve
[21] Prelude
[22] Persistence
[23] Threat
[24] Departure
[25] Hiding
[26] Worry
[27] Mischief
[28] Questions
[29] Sincerity
[30] Defiance
[31] Lurking
[32] Menace
[33] Mystery
[34] Unwavering
[35] Meeting
[36] Contrast
[37] Hideout
[38] Eyes
[39] Test
[40] Tension
[41] Struggle
[42] Alliance
[43] Search
[44] Sidetracked
[45] Investigate
[46] Uncertain
[47] Crimson
[48] Gratitude
[49] Plan
[50] Ensnared
[51] Taken
[52] Fear
[53] Scarred
[54] Jester
[55] Hesitate
[56] Ability
[57] Control
[58] Injured
[59] Discord
[60] Decision
[61] Secret
[62] Weight
[63] Frustration
[64] Noticed
[65] Tail
[66] Sorry
[67] Deceit
[68] Recover
[69] Trapped
[70] Bleak
[71] Restrained
[72] Help
[73] Break
[74] Reunite
[75] Burden
[76] Clash
[77] Warmth
[78] Conclusion
[79] Bond
[80] Reciprocated
[BONUS] An Endless Bond
[Q&A]
NEW BOOK 0_0

[15] Coagulate

6.1K 201 207
By -MiraiTenshi-

The deafening shouts and screams of the crowd were all you could hear. 

As a member of that audience, you could almost feel the seats vibrate due to the sheer volume of their cheers. You could feel the excitement and hype flooding out from each person, warming the air around them. Needless to say, this was hard to get used to. The kind of crowd you've grown accustomed to while fighting at the lower levels could never compare to one here at the top.

You scanned the crowd, looking at each of their excited faces, then at the ring in the center of the arena. However, even as your eyes landed on it, they seemed to gaze off into the distance instead, as a thought wandered to your head: Would people cheer for you this way if you reached the 200s as well?

You, along with Killua, Alluka, and Wing, sat in the bleachers waiting, almost impatiently, for Zushi's match to start. 

To your right was Alluka. Her smile was brimming with excitement as she fidgeted restlessly, looking at the empty ring where the fight will take place. Meanwhile to your left, was Killua. Despite the loud cheers and screams of the people, he retained his usual calm composure, yet his deep blue eyes held the smallest hint of anticipation.

Beside Killua was Wing. He was leaning forward a little, letting his chin rest on clasped hands. He had a serious, almost expectant look on his face. It reminded you of how he looked when teaching you and Alluka. 

Finally, after moments of waiting, you hear the announcer speak. Her loud, enthusiastic, voice was enough to quiet down the audience a little.

"WELCOME TO TODAY'S MATCH, EVERYONE!!" She begins, earning a loud, united cheer from the audience.  

"FOR TODAY'S FIGHTERS, WE HAVE ZUSHI, OUR YOUNGEST CONTENDER IN THE 200s!! SPORTING A DECENT 4-1 RECORD, I WONDER HOW HE WILL FARE TODAY?!"

As she yelled this, Zushi enters from one end of the arena. His confidence shone through his straight posture as his hands balled to fists by his sides. Resolutely, he walked to the ring with a serious expression on his face.

"Woah! There he is! GO ZUSHI!!" You yelled at the top of your lungs, even though your cheers were drowned out by the crowd. 

Meanwhile, Alluka, overcome with curiosity, asked Killua what the 4-1 record meant. 

"It means he's won 4 matches and lost 1 so far," he explained, leaning closer to her so she can hear. "Winning 10 matches grants you the right to challenge a floor master, while losing 4 disqualifies you from the 200s."

Her eyebrows gradually rise as her mouth forms into an O shape. "Ohh! I see!" she exclaims, nodding quickly in understanding. Then, she turns to the match before her and proceeds to cheer for Zushi. Killua only chuckles at this, before focusing on the match as well.

"NOW ON THE OTHER SIDE, BOASTING AN INCREDIBLE 7-2 RECORD, WE HAVE THE ONE AND ONLY... SANGUIS!!" The announcer screams. 

As she said that, a tall, young man, who's not much older than you, appeared on the other side. Curiously, you peer at him, wanting to know what Zushi's opponent is like. 

What caught your eye about him was his opened up duffel coat the color of clotted blood. Underneath it was a lighter-colored shirt and dark-colored pants. By his side, you see a sheathed weapon, about the length of his forearm.

Wearing a relaxed, almost boastful expression, Sanguis calmly, but purposefully strolled forward towards the ring, stopping right in front of Zushi's smaller frame.

'Woah, he's got presence,' you thought, instantly drawn to his charisma. 

Meanwhile, Killua's brows slightly crease as he observes Sanguis. Slowly, an uneasy feeling settles onto the pit of his stomach the more he looks at him, though he wasn't sure why.

Meanwhile, you were completely focused on how Zushi and Sanguis glared at each other, as the referee stands to the side, raising his arm straight up.

Quickly, he brings his arm down. "Begin!" 

As soon as he said that, Zushi quickly took a defensive stance, leaving little to no openings. You see him activate his Ten as well.

'Nice move!' You thought, noting his reaction speed while the announcer narrates what he's done.

Meanwhile, his opponent, Sanguis, left himself defenseless. He merely stood there with his hands in his pockets. Though his eyes were intently observing his actions with an inquisitive glint in them.

After a while, Sanguis took a step forward with a slightly curious, yet neutral expression. He strode forward towards Zushi, stopping right in front of him. 

"You have a good Ten," he merely says. His voice was deep. Velvety, even. Sadly though, no one heard this statement except Zushi, who tensed up at his presence. 

"WELL, WHAT DO WE HAVE HERE?! IT LOOKS LIKE SANGUIS HAS BOLDLY WALKED UP TO HIS OPPONENT ONCE AGAIN!!" The announcer roars out with much enthusiasm.

'What is he doing?!' You thought, frowning profusely as you wondered why he would do something as risky as that. 

Almost as if Killua's been reading your mind. You hear him speak, despite the noise around you. "He's confident in his abilities," he explains. "I get why he would do that. I've done that too."

"You?! But you're so cautious about everything!" You briefly tear your eyes away from the fight, meeting his gaze with a look of bewilderment. Killua merely shrugs at this. "Dunno. It's just how I was before," he says flatly, before focusing on the match again. You did the same. 

Looking back at the fight, you see Zushi's aura shift. His Ten looked much denser than normal, almost like Ren. Then, most of his aura flowed to his fist, leaving the rest of his body more vulnerable. He used this fist to try to land a punch on Sanguis.

Everything happened in such quick succession that you barely caught up. In a flash, you see his fist make contact with Sanguis' gut.

'Oh no. He's done,' you thought, slumping back to your seat in slight disappointment as you recalled Sanguis leaving himself completely defenseless. No Nen protection whatsoever.

As soon as Zushi's fist landed on Sanguis, an explosive gust of wind blew from it. At the same time, Sanguis staggered, no, slid backward. To keep himself from falling back and to keep his feet on the ground, he leaned forward, his body forming a soft C-shape. 

'What?! How is he still standing?!' You were on the edge of your seat as you watched him slide backward on his own two feet, slowing down and stopping by the end of the ring.

"That's impossible..." you mutter, looking to Killua, Alluka, and even Wing for answers. Alluka seems to share the same confusion as you, but Wing and Killua remain unfazed as their eyes remained glued to the match. 

"Clean hit!" The referee yells, giving Zushi a point as the crowd cheers loudly. However, Zushi didn't look very pleased. He looked at Sanguis, who had his head down, with horror.

"How... are you still standing? I used Nen on you!" Zushi yells at him. 

"I wonder..." was all Sanguis replied, seemingly unaffected by his punch. Slowly, he raised his head once more, meeting Zushi's gaze.

Smiling whimsically, his hand balled up to a fist. You see aura surround it alone, forming itself into a ball with his fist at the center.

Then, with a speed rivaling that of Killua's, Sanguis surged forward towards Zushi, who wasn't able to react fast enough. Swiftly, he punched him square in the face, making Zushi fly back out of the ring and crash onto the wall like a bullet. Eventually, he lands on the ground with a bloody nose.

"Critical hit and down!" The referee yells once more, granting Sanguis 3 points.

"What the hell?!" You whined in frustration, almost standing up from your seat.

Eventually, Zushi stands up once again and returns to the ring, wiping the blood off his nose.

"Hm. You're pretty strong, aren't you?" Sanguis says in a friendly tone, with a charming smile to match.

Zushi only glared at him, preparing himself once more. Sanguis laughs mirthfully at him. Though it was soon replaced with a dark, deadly look. One that only Zushi can see.

"But not strong enough."

_ _ _

"ANOTHER CRITICAL HIT! THIS GIVES SANGUIS A TOTAL OF 9 POINTS! WILL ZUSHI BE ABLE TO CATCH UP?!" The announcer yells out as Zushi takes another painful hit. He staggers back, yet somehow remains standing.

'How... what the hell is happening?' you find yourself asking that same question over and over again as you watch the fight play out.

Finally, Sanguis let out a deep, drawn-out sigh, resting his hand on his sheathed weapon. Slowly, he draws it out, revealing a dangerously glimmering scimitar. 

 If, just moments ago, he looked at Zushi's abilities with interest, now, he's lost all of it, as he looks at him with indifference. Brandishing his blade, he moves away just in time from Zushi's surprise attack.

"You're getting quite sloppy," he comments, somehow retaining a friendly tone. Zushi only pants heavily, maintaining his Ten and trying all he can to keep himself from falling. 

Ignoring his struggles, Sanguis runs toward him, a sadistic smile crossing his otherwise charismatic features. With a wide arc, he slashes Zushi's torso with his scimitar. 

Despite his solid Ten defense, it somehow dealt him damage.

You watch as he collapses, blood spilling out from him. You honestly didn't know what to feel as you saw this. Your right mind keeps telling you to feel horrified at the sight, yet something else made you feel fascinated instead.

'What is... this?' You ask yourself, keeping your eyes focused on Zushi's bleeding form.

After the referee confirms that Zushi still lives, he gave the victory by TKO to Sanguis. 

"AND VICTORY BELONGS TO... SANGUIS!!" The announcer screams as Sanguis faces the deafening audience with a bright smile. One that made you wonder if it was really him who gave Zushi such misery.

_ _ _

Luckily, Zushi was able to survive and is on his way to a full recovery.

You, along with Killua, Alluka, and Wing, watch in a tense silence at Zushi's bandaged form. You were in his room in Heavens Arena, keeping Zushi company as he rests.

You gaze at each of their tense and worried faces, especially Wing's. He looked the most worried despite his usual calm demeanor.

After a while, Killua speaks, breaking the thick silence with a deep, serious voice. 

"(Y/N)." 

"Y-yes?" you quietly reply.

"When you reach the 200s, stay away from him. He's strong, but also extremely dangerous. Got that?"

You stared at him as he said that, surprised once more at his level of concern for you. Without knowing why, you found yourself nodding at him.

However, when you looked down on the floor, a confusing thought made its way to your head. 'But why do I feel like... I want to fight him?' 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

444K 14.4K 33
COMPLETED at 79092 Words (only story) 'Remember. Control.' Ding. I walk into a underground tunnel that seems to have no exit except the weird elevato...
773K 18.6K 42
[Completed] [Is currently being edited] (Please Note that you are 14 turning 15 in this story, you're not 12 like everyone thinks) *Sequel is being m...
3.6K 168 20
In this story, The gang (including Y/n) go their separate ways to achieve their goals. When Y/n faces new challenges it always ends up in a horrible...
43.4K 1.9K 31
y/n comes from a special village secluded from society. they're known for their special DNA; their blood and tears can heal any injury. they're also...