Be True To Yourself...Book 1...

By MKG2012

Thayne is a "rogue Alpha" who ran away from home when he was a teenager and his best friend's family took him... More

Cast List
I'll Be There
I'm Liam, a Sex Slave
Starting A New Old Life
Saying Goodbye To Uncle Julian
Liam's Doctors Appointment
Being Clayton Barone
Welcome Home My Guiding Light
News and Recovery
Bringing Casper Home
Hard Times and New Starts
Author's Note
Finally Free, Time To Find My Family
My 1st Assignment
First Time Parents In A Crazy World
Pack Life
How Do I Live?
Reliving Hell and Misery
Saving The Light In A World Of Darkness
Lost Inside Myself
Much Needed Family Vacation
Finally, Everything Is Alright
Finding The Missing Piece, Part 2
Will I Ever Find My True Love?
We're His Mates, I Just Know It!!
The Beginning Of Our Happily Ever After
Hard, Sexy, Naked Bodies On The Beach!
Final Days On Vacation
Gabriel, The Teacher
Whats Wrong With Me?
Stepped in some $hit
When It Rains, It Fking Pours, Hard
The Start Of Something New
Fixing Us
Reconnecting Back To Us
Living On Cloud Nine
Liam's Birthday Surprise
Caleb's Adoption Day!!
Dad, Papa, and Son Date
I Don't Feel So Good
A Not So Good Welcome Home
I Cannot Lose My Dad
Epilogue
Caleb's book

Meeting My Mate

2.2K 123 21
By MKG2012

Thayne POV

“Are you sure you’re ready to go back home to those...people?” Uncle Z asked me as I was finishing packing up my bags.

"I don't have any other choice, apparently my father has fallen ill and I need to become the Alpha and take responsibility for the pack now. I'm just thankful I had you all to show me how to be an Alpha and what it takes to be a leader." I said to him. David left a few weeks ago and I put off going home for as long as I could but when I got the call about my father, I knew I had to go. 

"Just know you can always call if you need anything." He said and looked so lost.

"How are you doing?" I wanted to make sure I was leaving and they would be ok.

"Not that great but losing a mate will do that. When you find your mate Thayne, don't mess up. We made so many mistakes with your uncle and there's not a day that has gone by all the years we had with him that we didn't feel regret for the years we weren't the mates we were supposed to be, so take it from me and do right by your mate no matter what." 

“I promise uncle Z.” I sighed. Do I even deserve a mate? I abandoned my pack. Will my mate trust me that I’ll stay if he or she finds out I left? 

“Good, now you have a safe trip back.” He hugged me and I hugged him back. 

“I will.” I grabbed my bags and went to my car putting my bags in the trunk and driving off and heading to the one place I avoided for so long. 

I got home around eleven and I was kind of thankful I didn’t have to face my parents until tomorrow. I had my own apartment close by but something smelled so good and it was doing weird things to me. 

I had no time to be worrying about some weird smell that gave me a boner. Damn I needed a shower. I got my suitcase and went through it getting a pair of boxers and a plain T.  

After taking care of my not so mini-me. I took my shower in silence and redressed and went to bed.

“When are you coming to see your father?” My ‘mother’ asked. I was on my way to work when my lovely ‘mother’ called. 

“Don’t worry about it, I’ll get there when I feel like it.” I smirked when she started cursing to herself.

“You ungrateful…” I hung up. This is why I left, we may be a countryside pack but we don’t live like it. We’re well off and my parents push the fact we’re rich in everyone’s faces and I can’t lie that I never did the same thing when I was younger and showing off to my friends. I don’t want to be around that anymore. 

“Thayne, glad to see you’re back.” My boss said. 

“Glad to be back.” I smiled. 

I’ve been working at this recovery center since I was sixteen. I was really low on cash and when my boss, the director of the center had posted flyers and posted all over my high school that he needed an assistant I jumped at the chance but I left for Paris soon after and came back for the funeral when Uncle Ethan died. Thank goodness my boss was so understanding. I’m usually responsible for answering phone calls and redirecting them when necessary, managing the daily/weekly/monthly agenda andarrangeing new meetings and appointments, preparing and disseminating correspondence, memos, and forms among other assistant type things. I even travel with him occasionally to visit other centers to see if they’re worth sponsoring and what not. 

“Do you need anything sir?” He waved me off and I groaned. I’m bored and today is a slow day. Not many kids are here today and the ones that are, aren’t causing mischief and sticking to their selves.  

“Maybe you can ask the kids if they need anything, they’re in the TV room.” He said not even looking up from his laptop. 

At least that was something. I pouted and walked off and on my way over to the room I was almost tramped. 

“Get back here mister.”

I heard the sexiest voice I’ve heard in a long time. 

“No!"

I saw Ronnie running away from a guy that looked hot as hell. He seemed out of breath and as he looked up he saw me and I bit my lip not sure if I should make the first move or if he was. This was my mate and this is extremely awkward.

“Uh um, hi.” He said shyly looking down fiddling with anything and everything trying to avoid being touched. My boss told me about him and I read his file but I would have never thought he’d be my mate.

“Hello mate.” That made him blush. 

“Um… how are you?” He asked. 

“Better now that I’ve met you.” I smirked.

“Falcon, you’re going home for the day, you’re stinking up the center" And I blushed hard. Damn hormones. 

“Yes sir.” I nodded, grabbing my bag and started walking out and I can feel my mate’s eyes on me.

“You can stare at me more if you come with me.” I winked looking over my shoulder. 

I went to my car and just as I was about to leave, he ran out with the boy Ronnie. They looked so cute together and it only made me miss the little ones back in Oregon.

"I hope you don’t mind me bringing Ronnie.” He blushed playing with the seatbelt strap. 

“Not at all mate.” I smiled. 

Luckily I have a booster seat in the back because I always had kids in the car. 

“Where are we going?” He asked.

“Maybe get ice cream and then go on a walk in the park.” That seemed to set him off and he started to breathe pretty hard. 

“Can we do something else?” He asked after calming down. 

“Of course.” I smiled at him.

“I’m sorry, It’s just… it reminded me of my past.” I want to rip that Nikolai guy’s head off. 

Wait… holy shit! This was Weston, the guy Liam was looking for. 

“You’re Weston Barone, the boy that was missing for sixteen years.” He nodded and I dropped it forgetting there was a child in my back seat. 

“He's not missing, he’s right there.” I chuckled at Ronnie.

“That he is little dude.” I said, shaking my head as I drove us to the beach. Water always helped me calm down after a fight with my parents. 

"That's what Liam calls me." Weston whispered and I looked at him. 

"You talked to Liam?" 

"Yes, I talked to my daddy after he called me when I left him my contact information and Liam was there and I talked to him for a few minutes and when you said little dude, it reminded me of him. I talk to him daily when he calls me or I call there to talk to daddy. They will be here soon, I can't wait to see them, it's been way too long. I was happy to know Liam was safe finally and with his brother." His voice and with him saying Liam in his voice is making me a little uncomfortable in my pants, I can understand why Weston does this to me, he's my mate and so gorgeous but Liam is someone I have never seen so his name effecting me as well is a mystery to me. 

"I'm happy to hear you spoke to your dad, I can’t even begin to imagine what you went through but just know Weston, I'll always be here for whatever you need." I wanted to touch his smooth looking skin and know how it feels under my touch but I don't know how he will react so I squeeze the steering wheel a little to keep my hands to myself. 

"Thank you but um you never even told me your name." He said and God I'm an idiot! 

"My name is Thayne Falcon, pleasure meeting you Weston." I love how his name sounds on my tongue and from the shiver from Weston, he does too.

After some time we finally made it to the beach and Weston took Ronnie out of the car and we walked over to the beach then I remembered I have a blanket in my trunk and some sandcastle building essentials for Ronnie. 

“I’ll be back, I forgot something.” He started following me. I’m guessing he’s afraid of being alone and scared of being taken again. 

I grabbed everything and we went towards the beach and I spread the blanket on the sand. 

“There we go. Much better.” I said feeling accomplished. 

As I sat down my phone began to vibrate and I groaned looking at the Caller ID. 

“Yes, mother?” I huffed.

“Your father is on his death-bed and you’re avoiding us. What is your problem?” You’re my problem Claire. 

I sighed “I will be there when I have time. Some of us have jobs and don’t need others paying and supporting them.”

“I have a job. Being the luna of this shitty pack.” I bit my tongue. May the goddesses have mercy on your soul.

“Whatever Claire. I have a mate to get back to and he’s staring at me so bye.” She started screaming through the phone. 

That’s another reason I left. They didn’t approve of the fact I was gay so they made my life hell even more than it already was. When they found out I was staying at a pack filled with ‘those people’ as they put it they told me to never come back but now that Greg is dying I was welcomed back with open arms but no, they just want me to lead the pack the way they wanted. 

As soon as I was putting my phone away to be done with my phone I got a call and it was a number I knew all too well. 

“Liam you’re going to live a long life. We were just talking about you.” I smiled at Weston.

“We?” He asked and I could only imagine the confusion on his face. 

“I’m here too!!!” Weston yelled into the phone. 

“Wait what? You two know one another?” He asked.  

“Yea, we met at the youth center.” I said chuckling.

“Oh awesome! I can’t wait to see you again Weston and meet you Thayne.” I could tell he’s blushing and that made my mini-me jerk.

“So why are you two together though? You trust him already Weston, you just met him, right?” Liam asked and I could tell he was worried for Weston.

“Well we’re, we’re mates Liam.” Weston answered and he smiled at me.

“Oh ah well that’s, that’s wonderful. I’m happy for you both.” He sounded so distant suddenly. 

“What are you doing?” I asked, hoping to get his mood up a little.

“I was calling you to tell you some good news. I was cleared for international travel by Jaylen. I’ll be in the states by the end of the week!” Weston and I shared a look and we were excited that he’d be closer. 

“We have some packs in the states willing to take in some of the slaves Clayton and Felix have rescued over the years so we’ll be traveling for a bit before we head home.” He said and for some reason that broke my heart and I felt saddened. 

“Don’t have too much fun, you forget about us.” Weston said. 

“I’m doing something with my life, little dude. For once in my life I’m actually helping people like us.” Weston smiled but shed a few silent tears and I can tell something was troubling him. 

"Not for once, you helped me Liam." Weston said quietly. 

“I know little dude but I want to do more. I want to join the Organization.” That was the nail in the coffin. Being in the organization was a dangerous job I heard and a death sentence for some.

“I understand my protector.” Now I’m starting to get the picture. 

“You’re not upset right little dude?” Liam asked. 

He giggled. “No, I’ll support you in whatever dreams you have.”

“I love you little dude.” I could see the pride in Weston’s eyes and I smiled.

“You take care of my little dude Thayne or I’ll drop-kick you into the ground.” I gulped and felt the pain all over my body as if he’s already done it. 

“You got it.” I chuckled nervously. 

“Don’t act so scared… I was kidding. Kind of. Anyway, it’s late here and I gotta put Caleb to bed, I'll keep you both posted with updates on our travels, goodnight guys.” He said.

“Who is Caleb?” I asked.

“He’s my son.” Liam said and I really didn’t know what to think of that.

“Goodnight Liam.” We said into the phone and he hung up. 

As I was putting my phone away I noticed I had a little problem. 

“I have to go to the bathroom.” I tried to stay calm. 

“So do I.” He blushed and we called Ronnie over so he wouldn’t be alone. 

We went to the bathroom going into different stalls and I took care of my… issue trying not to moan but Weston, on the other hand, was making it known what Liam’s voice had done to him and was moaning a few stalls down. It took everything in me to not barge in and pound him into oblivion. In due time my little mate.  

After I finished I walked to the sink and washed my hands joining Ronnie on the side. 

“Feeling better?” He nodded and I smiled playing dumb that I didn’t hear anything but Ronnie had other ideas.

“Why were you moaning like that?” Weston blushed. 

“No reason.” 

He’s a horrible liar. 

“Let’s go build a sandcastle.” I said trying to save Weston the embarrassment. 

When we sat back down I gave Ronnie the stuff and Weston and I only assisted if he asked because if we caused it to crumble then we’d have one angry kid on our hands. 

Around six we had to take Ronnie back to the center and he did not want to leave us at all but we managed a compromise saying if we put him to bed then we could hang out again tomorrow. 

“Thanks again for taking us with you.”

“It was my pleasure mate.” I smiled as I began driving.

“So where do you live?” I asked. 

He gave me the address and I couldn’t help but smile like the damn Cheshire cat.

“I live in the same building.” I chuckled.

“No wonder I…” He blushed.

“You had a boner.” He slowly nodded. 

“So did I.” I said nervously.

After I said that we fell in awkward silence. 

“Well after you mate.” I said holding the car door open. 

He got out and I followed him. We both went to the elevator and he pushed the button for the top floor and I pushed the one for the floor below him.

“Goodnight Thayne.” He said when the door opened and I walked out, looking back at him and still wanting to touch him.

“Goodnight Weston.” I said and just before the door closed, he reached his arm out to stop it and walked to the edge and he looked like he was thinking of something. 

“Can we maybe do this again soon?” He asked looking up into my eyes and I smiled, thanking God for this blessing in front of me.

“Yes, whenever you want. Can I hug you?” I asked and he didn’t answer, just grabbed my shirt and pulled me to him and I relaxed when I felt his warm soft body against mine. I hugged him around his shoulders and his arms were around my waist.

“Liam is still taller.” Weston said and I was baffled. 

“What?” 

“He’s like six one, he’s tall.” Damn. 

“Well you are a perfect fit in my arms.” I said and he nodded.

“Mm you are for me as well. Thank you Thayne for today.” He said and looked up and I couldn’t help it, I leaned down and kissed his cheek and he surprised me when he moved and his lips met mine in a soft sweet kiss. 

“Yes, definitely will do this again soon.” I whispered against his lips when we pulled apart slightly and he smiled a beautiful smile that lit up his beautiful light brown eyes with happiness.

“Good, I can’t wait. Go before I drag you to my place.” He said and pushed me away slightly and I laughed.

“Ok ok, good night Weston.” I said and he backed up and the doors closed and my mate was out of sight. I sighed and walked to my door and unlocked it and went inside, shut the door and sighed, smiling. Today was a great day besides that phone call from my mother. I went to go make a simple dinner because we didn’t eat while we were out and after I ate, I took a shower and watched TV until I passed out on the couch.

“I’m here Claire, what do you want? You’re borderline harassing me and can have you arrested.” I sighed walking into the hospital room. 

“I’ve called you six times within the last half an hour.” That’s harassment smart one… note the sarcasm. 

“I was at work, something you know nothing about with your gold-digging ass.” She growled. 

“Claire stop trying, you’re human.” I laughed as she slumped back in the seat. Good girl.

“How long are you going to disrespect your mother?” I started laughing. 

“I have no mother, you and him left me and my siblings to be raised by other people.” I glared. 

“That’s a lie!” She thinks she can intimidate me. 

“When was my first match before I went pro? When is my birthday? My favorite color?”

“Uh…” Some mother she is. 

“My point exactly. Uncle Ethan knew every single stat of every fight, he was there for my birthdays when he was home and he even helped me with my dreams. You have never been there for me and my brother or sister!” I was getting heated.

“We gave you three everything!”

“What’s the point of having material things when all we wanted was our parents? Nathan killed himself because he felt unloved and Clarissa wants nothing to do with being in the pack and chose to live in Florida with her mate and son. You both failed as parents for so many damn reasons and as soon as I’m alpha shit is going to change.” 

“You’re evil.”

“I learn from the best.” I huffed.

I can’t stand being here. I prefer to have just lived alone and have no worries. 

“Morning everyone.” A doctor said. 

“Mrs.Benson, your husband isn’t getting better. His cancer has spread and he’ll be lucky to survive til the morning. If you have any family to call, I would call them. We can only make him as comfortable as possible.” 

As I expected. She didn’t cry or anything. She was just waiting for the right moment to leave my father.

”Is there anything we can do?” I asked.

“No, I’m sorry.” He said walking out. 

“Now that I’ve found out what’s wrong I’ll be on my way.” I said walking out. 

I couldn’t be there anymore so I drove to the center to grab Ronnie and head home and texted Weston that we’d be there soon and we can watch movies and be lazy together. 

When we got to the apartments I pushed the button for the top floor and looked for his apartment and found it. Sixty-nine B.

I took a deep breath and knocked on the door. 

“Hey you guys.” He smirked and I bit my lip as he was dripping wet with a towel around his waist.

“You couldn’t have waited to take a shower?” I winked and he stepped aside and I took that as a sign to come in. 

“I could have but I didn’t want to.” He stuck his tongue out, a tongue I want to suck on disappearing into what I could only assume was his bedroom. 

“Ok I’m back.” He was wearing grey sweats and a white t-shirt

He thinks he’s slick. I can tell he’s going commando.

”What do you guys wanna watch?” I shrugged.

“Maleficent!” Ronnie said and Westen nodded and I went to find some snacks and drinks,

“Thayne hurry it’s starting!” He does not get any sugary snacks.

After I popped some popcorn I went back and Ronnie glared at me.

“What?” I asked, chuckling.

“You missed some of it.” I only missed like two minutes.

“Sorry Bud.”

I sat down and put it on the coffee table in front of us.

“I’m gonna go lay him in my bed.” Weston whispered and I saw a sleeping Ronnie. The poor guy hardly sleeps.

When we were in the living room we didn’t know what to do with ourselves. 

“So… what do you want to do or watch now?” I asked.

Out of nowhere Weston got closer kissing me getting on my lap and our hands started to roam and our bottom halves getting excited, his sexy self is making it really hard to not just take him. I can hear his moans in my head from when he took care of himself in the bathroom so I can only imagine how he will sound when we mate. 

We pulled apart when we heard movement in Weston’s room, fixing ourselves before Ronnie could notice anything. 

“Did you have a good nap Ronnie?” He nodded, rubbing his eyes.

“What movie are we watching now?” Ronnie asked, yawning. 

“You’ve been sleeping for two hours so it has to be something quick.” Weston said.

“Steven Universe!” We chuckled.

“Ok.” Weston said turning it on.

We watched about eight episodes given each episode was fifteen minutes long.

“Come on kiddo time to go.” He pouted but nodded and I took his hand and we said bye to Weston. I’m most likely coming back here after so I better make this quick.

After getting to the center I took Ronnie to his room and laid him down. I hope one day he could be a part of our family.

It was hard leaving him but I made a promise to make sure he knows he’s loved.

“Open up hot stuff.” I said, knocking on Weston’s door when I got to the building. 

“Took you long enough.” He said, pulling me into the apartment. 

“Ronnie didn’t wanna let me go.” He felt just as bad as I did. 

I didn’t know I was so tired until I started to yawn. 

“Feel free to crash on the couch, I’d invite you to bed but I’m not ready for that yet.”

“I get it, good night Weston.” I said smiling.

“Goodnight, Thayne.” He said going to his room and me falling asleep on the couch.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.4K 382 29
"Why are you so nice to me?" Zayn asks liam with his head down. Liam smiles softly at this omega he is so in love with. He lifts zayn's chin up to me...
275K 9.2K 63
Cover: @PhoenixKing98 Excerpt- "'We can't... I can't." His eyes darkened even with my encouraging words and calm manner. He jerked my hand away...
198K 6.3K 60
(Fifth book in the My Mate series. Book two should be read before reading this one but it can be read as a stand alone) Son of Xzavier, the longest m...
23.8K 1.6K 23
Book 4 of Into The Woods Series *Can be a stand-alone* Zaire had never known true love until he brought his children into the world. Most of his lif...