Halos and Heartache

By velzyarborhaze

Wayhaught AU Waverly and Nicole are now married and working side by side. When a new enemy emerges and change... More

Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
AUTHORS NOTE

Chapter 1

653 14 0
By velzyarborhaze

Waking up next to Waverly is my favorite time of day. The way her hair sprawls out on the pillow like some sort of brunette tie-dye. I know that if I linger, I'll be late to the station, but her soft features are so captivating I can't help but maintain my space next to her. I gently place my hand upon hers and I begin to slowly rub the back of her hand with my thumb, feeling her warmth and gazing upon the ring on her finger. She stirs slightly and softly sighs, I quickly stop the motion of my thumb and attempt to hold my body still so I won't wake her. Her body settles and her breathing becomes even so I kiss her forehead as carefully as possible and exit the warmth of our bed.

I clip on my holster and head out to my cruiser. The cold air nearly takes my breath away and the snow makes a small crunch underneath my boots. The drive to the station feels the same as always but the thought that I would soon be returning home to Waverly, my wife, at the end of the day excites me and gives me a tinge of optimism for the upcoming shift.

I pull into the station, nodding at my deputy's and entering my office. This office always makes me smile, it reminds me of Waverly and her bucket list confessions. I begin to work my way through the mountain of reports created while Waverly and I were away on our Honeymoon.

As I hit about halfway through the files, I hear my phone vibrating. A smile spreads across my face as I open my texts:

(N)Hey you.

(W)How dare you leave without kissing me first.

(N)Waves, you were tired and I didn't want to disturb you.

(W)Sometimes I hate how lovely you are.

I can tell that she is currently smiling as big as I am, her words are pure sweetness.

(N)How did you sleep?

(W)I would've rather opened my eyes to see a certain redhead next to me, but I suppose I can forgive you since I will be seeing you in a couple of minutes.

(N)You're coming to the station?

(W)You sound disappointed.

(N)Not at all, just surprised.

(W)Nicole, we planned on having that meeting with Wynonna, remember?

(N)Shit, right. I can't wait to see you. I love you.

(W)I love you too sweetheart.

These reports are going to have to wait for another time. I try to freshen up before Waverly's arrival, reapplying my lipstick and spraying a touch of perfume. I stand up from my chair to greet her when I hear a familiar warm laugh coming from the lobby of the station, it still gives me butterflies. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

571K 20.6K 95
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! 😂💜 my first fanfic...
866K 53.2K 117
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
27.7K 628 40
Camila Cabello's father remarries after the death of her mother. He marries a woman named Clara who has a daughter around the same age as Camila. Whe...
10K 121 55
Korean Girl Band member's bios! Don't forget to vote! Thank you! xx