The Law of Destiny

By Zuu_47

Many people believe in the existence of Destiny, a mysterious force which binds certain people together, dete... More

The Witcher
Surprise
Meetings
Spellbind
Complications
Fate or Coincidence
Bathtub
Extraordinary
Wish
Doubts
Elixirs
Belleteyn
Kaer Morhen
Dinner
Legend
Research
Truth
Pain
Grief
After
Decisions
Bittersweet
Destiny
Prophecy
Help
Dear Friend
Rain after Storm
Child of Surprise
Training
Honesty
Elder Blood
Banquet
Treason
Together

United

1.1K 16 5
By Zuu_47

GWENDEITH - Angren

"I won't wear that dress.. this colour doesn't suit my skin." Yennefer stated.
"C'mon Yennefer.. it's only on one day, then you can wear so many black clothes how many you will want.." Triss sighed. She was already helpless, not to mention they didn't start with fixing her face and hair.
"It's my wedding, I will wear what I want." Yennefer frowned and she crossed her arms.
"Triss is right.. that dress are really beautiful. You should at least try it how it will look at you." Ciri said honestly.
"I agre with Ciri." Sabrina Glevissig laughed a bit.
"Me too." Francesca Findabair nodded.
They were in the Castle Gwendeith. They were looking for the best place where to have their wedding and Jaskier suggested them this castle. He has known some rich people who owned big castles because he has very good relationship with the Duchess of Toussaint. This castle was huge, not that much as Kaer Morhen but still it was really impressive object. Around the whole castle were beautiful gardens with many trees and flowers. Everything looked like as in the fairytale.
"All right.. I wil try it." Yennefer rolled her eyes. She grabbed the white dress and she went into another room to dress up.
After couple of minutes Yennefer showed up herself again.
"Oh my God.." Triss mouth fell open. Ciri was speechless.
"Beautiful.." Francessca said with tears in her eyes.
"You definitely have to wear it today." Sabrina stated.
"I have to admit that I didn't expect that dress will look so beautiful on me.." Yennefer said while she was staring into the big mirror.
"We have nothing to talk about now.. you will wear this white dress. Geralt's mouth will fall open when he will spotted you." Triss said honestly.
"I agree.. you look really beautiful mommy." Ciri told her kindly. Yennefer looked at her proudly. She loved her little daughter.
"So, let's start with your hair now.. we should figure out something.." Sabrina smiled at her, she stood up and she went to prepare some things.

"You look very nervous Geralt.." Lambert said with laughing.
"I am.. I'm going to marry.. and I'm going to marry Yennefer.. how can I not be nervous?" Geralt looked at him uneasily.
"Don't worry if you're lucky man, you are going to marry for the last time today.." Jaskier was teasing him.
"Belive me Jaskier, it's so much easier to be the witcher than have a relationship.." Lambert laughed. Geralt frowned.
"Hey, stop provoking him, this is his big day. I would love to see your faces if you would have the wedding.." Eskel said with laughing.
"What if something will screw up?" Geralt looked nervously at them. He was so happy that this day came, he was always dreaming about it but he wanted this day to be also perfect.
"It is possible, you two are unpredictable, especially her.. but everything will be alright. Don't be nervous and enjoy your day." Eskel petted Geralt's back. Geralt sighed.
"Geralt, you look very different in that tunic. I really don't recognize you. It almost suits you.." Lambert admitted and laughed.
"Thank you Lambert. I've really never noticed that avalanche of compliments from you before.." Geralt said sarcastically and he laughed but the nervosity still didn't disappeared.
"It's time.." Leo told them when he entered into the room. Geralt took a deep breath.
It was here.. he will be married, he thought.

Everyone was in the garden, all guests and friends which they invited. Many of them were mages, dwarfs and elfs and they were already standing in two rows on the sides. In the middle was created aisle through whom the bride will go towards the altar.
Geralt was already standing under the altar. His hands started sweating. He's never been so nervous in his life as he was now but he was also feeling happiness.
Suddenly his heart skipped the beat and his mouth fell open at the same time. He spotted her. She was wearing the white long beautiful dress, her wavy raven hair were falling on her shoulders in the most beautiful way and her face looked like a miracle. She was also wearing her obsidan star on her neck. She looked absolutely stunning and he couldn't take his eyes from her. Yennefer started walking towards the altar with Vesemir who was holding her arm. Geralt was so proud that Vesemir was her company, he was like the father to him. He was also proud of her. He couldn't be more happier. She was so beautiful and he couldn't believe that he is going to marry the most amazing woman in the world.
Vesemir accompanied her to altar. She then stood up next to him and smiled at him. Her eyes were filled with love. Geralt smiled at her too. Then they both turned to the priest who was standing in front of them. The priest started speaking.

"Today we all came here to see how these two beautiful souls will united into one. May your love continue to grow each and every year." the priest smiled at them. Geralt and Yennefer then turned to each other. The priest continued.
"O' Almighty God you have created us all in the image of Love, the image of Yourself. Bless now these two who stands before you. Guide them in your wisdom, shine your light upon them, that as they journey through this life together they will walk as bearers of your Truth. Amen. Please join your hands." the priest told them. They both took their hands and they were still smiling at each other.
"Now say your vows." the priest commanded them.
"I am hers." Geralt said proudly.
"I am his." Yennefer smiled at him.
"She is mine." Geralt smiled at her kindly.
"He is mine." Yennefer was trying to hold her tears. She was shining from the happiness.
"From this day until the end of my days.." they both said at the same time.
"You may seal you vows with a kiss." the priest smiled at them. They both looked straight into each other eyes. Then Geralt leaned closer to her and he kissed her with desire on her lips.
"Now I declare you husband and wife in the name of God." the priest said proudly.
Yennefer didn't wait any longer and she  immediately jumped on Geralt's neck and kissed him passionately. She didn't remember when she was so happy. Geralt hugged her tightly and he continued with kissing. This was the best day of his life so far. Everybody started clapping, crying and shouting at the same time.

They were inside the castle in the main hall. They already ate their delicious food, the bards were playing the music and singing. Everybody who wasn't drunk already were still drinking. The atmosphere was wonderful. Geralt was standing next to Vesemir when he looked at Yennefer how she was talking with Triss sitting next to her. He smiled at her, she seemed so happy. He loved when she was laughing but the most he loved her.
"I'm proud of you." Vesemir told him honestly and petted his back.
"I would never reach it so far without you.. you learnt me how to become a real man." Geralt said proudly. Vesemir smiled at him.
"I happy that you've stayed with her.. she is amazing woman."
"I'm happy too, she's the best thing that ever happened to me. I mean, I've never known anything quite like love and now I can't imagine my life without it, without her.. I love her with all my heart." Geralt was honest.
"I can see.." Vesemir laughed.
"If you excuse me.." Geralt told him kindly.
"Go, it's your big day.." Vesemir smiled.
Geralt then went into the middle of the hall and he stood up in front of table where was Yennefer sitting. He wanted to have good view on her.
"I would like to say something.." Geralt cleared his throat. Yennefer gave him confused look and everybody in the room looked at him surprised and then nobody said a word.
"People who knows me, know, that I don't speak much and that's true. But this day is very special for me and I want to dedicate some words to the woman who mean the world to me because she deserves it." he smiled at her and Yennefer looked at him surprised. She didn't expect it from him. He then took deep breath and he started speaking more loudly.

"I've promised myself I won't never fall in love with a stranger.. and here I am because I broke my promise. All my life I've wished to meet someone like you.. and thank God that I somehow found you. When I saw you for the first time, you took my breath away. I looked at you, you looked at me and there was nothing I could do to not fell in love with you. It's just the way you're moving, the way you're speaking, it's just the way you're smiling and I'm falling in love with you. I really can't take my eyes of you. You're unpredictable, you can be sometimes unbearable and very unpleasant but your heart is beautiful. Your soul is beautiful. You are beautiful." Geralt looked at her and he saw how she started crying. He smiled at her, then he continued.
"You're the kind of woman every men want.. You could have anyone and yet, you chose me. You knew I'm not perfect, that I have my mistakes and yet, you chose me. If someone would tell me back then that you will be my wife I would laugh into his face. Sometimes I wonder if I'm dreaming or maybe caught up in a trance because I still can't believe that you are real. You helped me to be who I am today. I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for you. You always know how to make me feel better. Sometimes I feel like you've known me forever. I was lost but you saved me. You'll never know what it means to me that I'm not alone, that I'll never have to be.." Geralt found her eyes with his.
"I love you.." Yennefer whispered to him. Geralt was trying to hold his tears but he managed to continue.
"I don't need to look back to things in the past anymore because I know that I found forever in the love that we have. We've gone through the hell, we've survied hard moments together. Those years been hard for us no doubt but I don't regret any day, any moment, any second which I've spent with you. You're my first and my last real love." Geralt took a deep breath. "Some things are meant to be. All along I believed I would find you somewhere and destiny has brought you to me.. I've loved you for a thousands years Yennefer.. and I will love you for thousand and more. My love is yours. My heart is yours. My life is yours. Forever." Geralt said honestly and he gave her the biggest smile which he could do. Everyone in the room started clapping and crying at the same time. He didn't expect that big applause. He was just honest, he said what he felt but he was proud at himself and as he saw on Yennefer, she was also proud on him. He then went to grab the glass of wine from the table.
"Let's raise a glass to a better one and all the things that we've overcome." he raised his glass and everyone in the room joined him. He drank from the wine and he noticed Yennefer how she was going towards him. When she was close enough to him, he immediately kissed her on her lips.

"I hate you.. you destroyed my makeup, eyelines, everything.. I look horrible now." Yennefer said with laughing, she had still tears in her eyes.
"How many times I have to tell you that you're beautiful even if you've crying." Geralt laughed and he wiped away tears from her eyes.
"These words what you said.. they were so beautiful.." she purred.
"Because they were words about you.." he kissed her again.
"Geralt.. you became a real poet.. I'm proud of you!" Jaskier appeared behind him and he petted Geralt's back, then he continued in his way. Geralt pulled away from Yennefer and he laughed. This bard was crazy but he was happy to have him in his life.
"I had the best teacher.." Geralt shouted at leaving Jaskier and he laughed. Jaskier stopped walking, he turned around and he bowed.
"I was waiting all my life for you to finally say it!" Jaskier said with laughing, then he continued towards another bards.
"Jaskier is right.. have you started reading poetry or what? You've never spoken in that way.." Yennefer laughed. Geralt looked at her.
"I was never so in love, I didn't have to say those things before.. and I'm just honest. I'm only saying what I fell.." he kissed her on her cheek.
"I love when you're honest.." she purred and she leaned closer to him to kiss him but Jaskier interrupted them.
"I would like to ask our two lovebirds to come on the dance floor. Their fisrt dance as husband and wife is waiting on them." Jaskier shouted at them through the whole hall and he smiled at them. He was happy that they were happy. Yennefer raised her eyebrow on Geralt.
"I hope my husband is a good dancer.." Yennefer was teasing him.
"I can dance with my sword, this cannot be much harder.." Geralt laughed.
"We will see.." Yennefer said with laughing. Geralt then grabbed her from the floor and he raised her into his arms. She immediately put her hands around his neck.
"Geralt.. what are you doing?" she giggled and she gave him surprised look.
"I'm taking queen of my heart to the dance floor.." he smiled at her and he started walking to the middle of the dance floor. When they came there, he softly put her on the floor from his arms. The bards started playing the instruments and the music began to resound throughout the whole hall. Geralt then grabbed her waist and hand and they both started dancing and staring into each other eyes. These were the best moments of their lives and they wanted them last forever. They heard how Jaskier started singing his song:

🎶
At the sunrise, I opened up my eyes
And at the first light, there you are
Staring back at me, with a heart so free
And I just want to be, where you are

In this moment, I could stay forever
Hold you in my heart, in my arms just like a treasure
When you hold me, I know that I have everything
It's blue sky and big dreams, a billion places to explore
And all I want is to be with you forever
Today is a good, good day

When I found you, among the flowers blue
What a wild view, there you were
Under the old oak tree
Somewhere across the sea
I just want to be, where you are

In this moment, I could stay forever
Hold you in my heart, in my arms just like a treasure
In you I found a love that sets me free
The whole world opens up when I'm with you
Today is a good, good day

You've found me
Darling you've bound me
I could never break away
I want to be you my everyday
I can't imagine my life without you

In this moment, I could stay forever
Hold you in my heart, in my arms just like a treasure
Dreaming up our greatest new endeavors
Don't look back we're on our way

Today is a good, good day
Today is the best, best day
Today is a good, good day
Today is the best, best day
🎶

They were listening Jaskier words which were clearly about them and they were dancing slowly together. Yennefer's head was resting on Geralt shoulder and he was caressing her back. They were so happy.
"I can't believe we're married.." Yennefer raised her eyes on him.
"I hope you don't want to take it back.." he said with laughing.
"No, I will never take it back.." she laughed. "But when I looked back where we started and now we are here.. it just feels like a dream.." she smiled at him.
"We are living this dream now.." Geralt kissed her forehead.
"The best dream ever.." Yennefer smiled at him and Geralt looked at her with love in his eyes.
"The future only belongs to those who believe in the beauty of theirs dreams.. and we've always dreamed about this life. We've never wanted glory, money, titles or big castles. We've just wanted only simple things. Love and family. That's all we've ever wanted to have and at the end we somehow have it.." Geralt told her kindly.
"I love you Geralt.. I love that you always know what to say, that you always take my breath away. Everybody keep saying that witchers don't have any emotions. But these people have no idea how they are wrong. You have more emotions and humanity in yourself than any other human.. and that's what I love the most about you Geralt.." Yennefer told him honestly and she caressed his face.
"I love my honest wife too.. and I was blessed as the man to see you in that white dress today.." Geralt wa teasing her and he kissed her lips.
Meanwhile the other guests joined them on the dance floor.

"I hope I will one day find somebody who will look at me like Geralt looks at Yennefer.." Triss said sadly while she was staring at them.
"I think I found him.. because Eskel can't take his eyes from you the whole day.." Ciri said with laughing. Triss started blushing.
"Eskel! Triss would like to dance!" Ciri shouted at him and she laughed.
"Ciri! What are you doing?!" Triss looked at her surprised.
"I arranged you a dance.." Ciri smiled at her. Triss shaked her head. This little girl was fearless and brave and she adored it about her.
Eskel came towards them and he nodded towards Ciri. He looked a bit ashamed at Triss.
"May I ask.." he nervously offered his hand to her and he was trying to smile.
"Of course.." Triss started blushing and she took his hand. They both started going towards the dance floor. Ciri shaked her head. She still didn't understand why people doesn't express their feelings to others when they're feeling it in that way. Their lives would be so much easier, she thought. She then started running towards Geralt and Yennefer.

Ciri almost jumped on them when she came towards them. She hugged them both tightly. Geralt laughed and Yennefer shaked her head. They snuggled her closer to them.
"I happy that you're my parents.." Ciri told them honestly while they were all hugging.
"We both are proud that you're our daughter.." Geralt told her kindly. Yennefer caressed her face.
"Thank you daddy.." Ciri smiled at him. Geralt kissed her head and then he kissed Yennefer's lips.
"I love you.. " Geralt whispered to her. She smiled at him.
He couldn't be more happier. He had everything what he's ever wished for. Love of his life, his daughter and his own family. These were things he was only dreaming about and now his dream became reality. Destiny linked their lives together and they chose to stay together. They were always each others destiny and nothing couldn't change it. Every story has an end but in the life every ending is a new beginning.. and this was their story.

"I found the child!" Lambert shouted when he entered into the hall with a small baby covered in the blanket. He started going towards them.
"What?!" Yennefer looked at him confused. They all pulled away from the hug.
"I went outside and I found the baby before the gate with the letter." Lambert gave the baby to Yennefer. She immediately started staring at him.
"What is written in that letter?" Geralt asked Lambert uneasily.
"I don't know.. I haven't read it yet, I was quickly going here." Lambert was honest and he gave letter to Geralt. Meanwhile people started coming closer to them to see what was happening. Geralt then started loudly reading the letter:

I would like to give my baby to you, Geralt and Yennefer. I can't take care of him and I know that you will give him the love what he needs..

Anonym

Geralt stopped reading and his face was frozen. He didn't know if someone was making a joke from him or if this was really power of universe.
"It's a baby boy.." Yennefer said kindly. She was caressing his little raven hair and he had almost the same colour of eyes like Geralt. Lambert then looked suspiciously at Geralt.
"Don't look at me, I don't have any other Child of Surprise. I would definitely know about it.." Geralt was defending himself.
"I would like to have a little brother.." Ciri said honestly and she came closer to Yennefer to have a better look at the baby. Geralt raised his eyebrow.
"So, what you gonna do with him?" Jaskier suddenly appeared behind their backs. Yennefer raised his eyes on Geralt and he knew that look. This was look full of love. She was looking like this only at him and Ciri. Now she had the same look when she was looking at that little baby.
"He doesn't have anyone who will take care of him.." Yennefer looked back at the baby and she started smiling at him. Geralt looked at her and he saw the happiness in her eyes. How he could say no to her now? He thought. He sighed.

"I think we should take care of him. We have Child of Surprise already, why not have also Child of Universe.." Geralt laughed a bit and then he hugged Yennefer and he started looking at that little boy.
"Thank you.." Yennefer whispered to him and her eyes started shining. Geralt caressed her back.
"He has your hair.." Geralt said with laughing when he was looking at him.
"And yours eyes.." Yennefer laughed.
"We should give him a name.." Ciri suggested. She was also shining from the happiness that she will have a little brother.
Yennefer started thinking.
"Jahve.." Yennefer said kindly. Geralt smiled because she chose really beautiful name.
"I want to be his uncle!" Jaskier said with excitement. Geralt shaked his head and then he hugged Yennefer more tightly and he kissed her forehead. Ciri snuggled to Yennefer.
They were all staring at little Jahve. Geralt again couldn't believe what just happened. He will have his own son and he didn't even know how. But what he knew already that's the unexpected things that changes our lives and in some moments of his life he was really grateful for that. Yennefer and Ciri changed his life from the ground up and they were still changing it. All his dreams came true but now he wasn't dreaming anymore because he finally started living. He loved them with all his heart. There is no way, there's no start, there's no end, because this love transcends. Because of them he learned that life isn't about material things but it's about our hearts and who they beat for..

They were standing there in the hug together and they were just happy. They only cared about the present now because if they're gonna feel alive, they wanted to feel it now. What happened in the past was already behind them. But what will happen in the future.. This is another story.

THE END

AN:
I would like to thank to all my readers who stayed with this story until the end. I hope you enjoyed this story as much as I enjoyed it to write it.
I've never done anything like this before, so it was quite a challenge for me.
This story is just a fanfiction, it was only my ideas but as I said in the description of my story, I also took lot of things and ideas from the books, show and games. I wanted to focus only on the relationship between Yen and Geralt. It would be a shame to not write about them and their love.
But what I'm trying to say that all the rights, glory and huge thank you belong only to Mr. Andrzej Sapkowski whom wrote a big masterpiece - THE WITCHER SAGA.
I adore his books but the most I adore Yennefer of Vengerberg and Geralt of Rivia.
So guys, thank you so much again for reading my story ❤❤❤

"When I created Yennefer's character I wanted Geralt to fully grow but then I decided to make things complicated. I created a female character who refuses to be a fantasy stereotype. To please the reader."

Andrzej Sapkowski

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

212K 3.4K 21
The Witcher Imagines we have all been waiting for. ā˜ž Geralt of Rivia ā˜ž Yennefer of Vengerberg ā˜ž Jaskier ā˜ž Cahir ā˜ž Ciri (only non-romantic) ā˜ž Dara...
17.1K 466 12
I, Rafaela of Loc Munnine, Rafe to my friends , the Red Wolf, Healer of Witchers and men, am running from one man. I have spent the last 20 years ou...
1.1K 41 2
"If we are to use you as bait to lure our possessed Witcher here to Kaer Morhen, do you understand what that entails?" Jaskier nods, but he remains q...
11.4K 366 41
Jaskier is a wannabe Musician with a stalker problem and horrid mental issues, however, everything always runs deeper than just the surface when it c...