Emerald Rain

By OhNoMySphaghettiOs

Ever wonder how the events in Fire Emblems Three Houses would have unfolded if Byleth had never been offered... More

The Beginning:
Three Houses:
The Blue Lions:
The Mock Battle:
A Day of Monastery Life
Eliminating the bandits:
Garland moon:
Castle Gaspard:
The Holy Mausoleum:
The Rite of Rebirth:
The Crest of Flames:
Into the Abyss:
The Chalice of Beginnings:
Verdant Rain Moon:
Conand Tower:
Vanished:
Horsebow Moon:
The Battle of The Eagle and Lion:
Zanado Canyon:
Remire Village:
The White Heron Cup:
The Ball:
Fate:
Awakening:
The Holy Tomb:
Path of Thorns:
Reunion at Dawn:
The one-Eyed Beast:
Protecting Garreg Mach:
The Beast:
The Master Tactician:
The Great Bridge of Myrddin:
Great Tree Moon:
To Gronder Field, Part One:
To Gronder Field, Part Two:
Gronder Field, Part One:
Gronder Field, Part Two:
The Aftermath of War:
Preparing for Derdriu:
Alliance in Peril:
Protecting Derdriu:
On Trek to a New Dawn:
Rumors of a Reaper:
The Sealed Forest:
The Baron Dominic:
Strategy meeting:
Preparing for Fort Merceus:
Deception:
The Battle at Fort Merceus:
Javelin of Light:
To Garreg Mach Monastery:
Jeritza Von Hrym:
Enbarr Strategy Meeting:
A Day at the Monastery:
To Enbarr:
Enbarr the Imperial Capital:
The Fall of the Adrestrian Empire:
Heavy is the Head That Wears the Crown:
A United Front:
The Dragon that Lurks in the Shadow:
Two Sides of the Same Coin:
The Church of Seiros:
The Princess of Brigid's request:
The Foreign Land and Sky
A Prince's Proposition:
Arianrhod Part One:
Arianrhod Part Two:
Love and War:
The Cool Before the Storm:
Tailtean Plains
Reclaiming Fhirdiad:
The Beginning of the End:
One Year Later:
The Return:
Those Who Slither in the Dark:
For the Freedom of Fodlan:
The End!

Ailell, The Valley of Torment:

416 8 16
By OhNoMySphaghettiOs

Byleth:

The beast, snarled at Byleth she cowered away from it, the odor was horrible he eyes burned from it, and the beast watched her waiting taunting her with the fact it could kill her at any given minute. Does her mother know in that form who she is? Perhaps Sitri is like Rhea and wishes to rip her heart from her chest.

Byleth shot up from her slumber, she was covered in sweat. She rubbed at her face, dammit, why won't this dream stop Byleth wondered, she sat up and looked around. It was still dark outside. Byleth got up, she knew she wasn't going to be able to fall back asleep after what she had just dreamed. It frustrated her, why now, was it her guilty conscience trying to tell her that she had made the wrong choice. Byleth exited her room, the air was nice and crisp, another thought came to her mind, perhaps this is Sothis punishing her. No, that couldn't be it right? Sothis made it clear before that she trusted Byleth's judgment. Byleth wondered if Sothis had seen both the past and future, the... Did that mean that she knew what the outcome of this would be? Did she foresee Byleth making the choice to abandon her friends and family to protect Edelgard or was she just as surprise as Byleth had been when she decided it.

"Hey there kiddo" Byleth jumped a little, she knew it was her Father, but he had caught her off guard, also... She had avoided him since their last altercation about Byleth siding with Edelgard in the Holy Tomb. "What are you doing out here so late?" he added.

Byleth sighed, "I needed to clear my head" she said.

Jeralt scratched at his beard, "Clear your head? From what?" he asked.

Byleth shook her head, "It doesn't matter" she stated.

Jeralt paused for a moment, "Did you have a nightmare?" he asked. Byleth flinched a little and didn't say anything. "Your silence speaks volumes" Jeralt sighed, "Which was it the war, or the girl?" he asked.

"Neither" Byleth said.

Jeralt tilted his head in confusion, "Neither?" he repeated, Byleth gave a slight nod. "So, there is a new one?" he asked.

Byleth froze, she really didn't want to have this conversation with her Father. Especially given the fact that it was about her dead Mother who she'd never once got to know was haunting her dreams in the form of a blood thirsty beast. Imagine how that might affect how her own Father perceived her Mother, or worse maybe he'd look at Byleth weird for dreaming about it. Byleth shook her head, "It doesn't matter" she said.

Jeralt had a concerned look on his face, "Listen kiddo, I won't force you to tell me but just know that I'm here for you" he said.

Byleth felt a pang of guilt hit her, but would he still be there for her after she told him this? She sighed, well if worst came to worst, she could always use Divine Pulse to undo this conversation, though it did seem wasteful to use her powers over something so trivial. "Thank you" Byleth murmured, she paused for a moment "I've been having this dream of my Mother" she said.

Jeralt looked surprised, like that would have been the last thing he would ever expect her to dream about, "You've been dreaming of your Mother?" he said softly, "What about her?" he asked.

Byleth stopped and took a deep breath, "Do you remember what happened down in the Abyss?" she asked. Jeralt gave her a nod, "I keep dreaming of her... when she turned into the monster" Byleth whispered, she shut her eyes, she didn't want to see how he reacted to the news. "It started when I was unconscious" Byleth said, "It was dark, and I was running, and running but no matter what the Beast was there ready to attack" she whispered, "And then... it happened the other day when we were in Edmund territory while I was awake" she said " When we came face to face with the Wandering Beast, I froze and panicked because I was no longer in the forest, instead I was back in that dark room with the Beast" she added.

Byleth felt her Father put a hand on her shoulder, she opened her eyes. He didn't look upset, he looked more worried. "I'm sorry Kiddo" Jeralt said, "I can't imagine what it's like to dream something like that" he added.

Byleth nodded, she was beyond relieved that he hadn't been upset over it, but instead was sympathetic towards her suffering. "Thank you" Byleth said softly.

Jeralt nodded, "I'm not one to know have dreams, so don't really know how to deal with them" he said, "Maybe ask Dimitri, from what I've seen over the past five years, he is plagued by the same problem, maybe it would be helpful to talk to him about it" he added.

Byleth shook her head, "That's not necessary" she said "I'll be fine, I can handle this on my own" she sighed "Talking to Dimitri about the things that haunt me at night is the last thing I want to do" she added.

Jeralt nodded, "I get it" he sighed "He isn't the easiest person to talk to at the moment" he added.

The two of them sat in silence for a few minutes, "So why are you out here so late?" Byleth asked.

Jeralt laughed, "Believe it or not, I was being interrogated" he said.

"Felix?" Byleth asked.

Jeralt nodded, "Yup, Felix" he said, "He spent the whole night asking, Alois, Dedue, and I about Dimitri's behavior, and why he is like this" he added.

Byleth nodded, "Yeah, he asked me the same thing" she said

Byleth chatted with her Father for a while longer before she left, by the time their conversation had ended daylight was already beginning to grow into the sky, rather than attempt to get any sleep Byleth decided it was best to just eat breakfast instead. So, she made her way to the dining hall.

To Byleth's surprise she wasn't the first person in there, no she had been beaten by Ingrid and Raphael. Byleth found it mildly amusing how those two refused to break the habit of being first to eat, even after all those years, it was nice that there were somethings that remained the same.

Byleth grabbed food and sat down at the table that Ingrid was at, "Good morning" Byleth said as she sat down.

Ingrid looked up at Byleth from her plate of food, "Hello, you are up early" Ingrid responded.

Byleth nodded, "Couldn't sleep, how about you? Why are you up so early?" she asked.

A slight blush fell over Ingrid's cheeks, "Well I wanted to try the breakfast served her" she said.

Byleth nodded, "I get it, you have to beat Raphael to the food sometimes" she said, Byleth knew what Ingrid had meant but she had also seemed a bit embarrassed about her foodie ways, so Byleth thought it best to just blame Raphael. Ingrid smiled and nodded, then continued to eat her food.

After a while, more people began to arrive to the dining hall. Eventually Felix and Sylvain came and joined Byleth and Ingrid at their table. "I told you Ingrid would be in here" Sylvain said to Felix as they sat down.

"Tsk, whatever" Felix replied.

Sylvain cupped his face in his palm, and leaned slightly to the side to Byleth, "It's weirdly soothing watching Ingrid just shovel it right in there" Sylvain said and Ingrid glared at him, "What's with the appetite today?" he asked.

Ingrid rolled her eyes, "None of your business. I can't help it, ok? Everyone gets hungry" she said.

Sylvain smiled at Ingrid, "After the fighting is done, we should all go on a gourmet's journey around the world, what do you say?" he said.

Ingrid's face lit up "That sounds like fun, what do you think, Byleth? Felix? Up for a culinary adventure?" Ingrid asked.

Byleth laughed, "That sounds like a plan" she said.

Felix shook his head, "No" he stated.

"Aww, come on Felix" Sylvain said, "We can visit that girlfriend of yours on our trip" he added.

Felix's face grew red, "Shut up" he said.

"Felix's girlfriend?" Byleth questioned, she looked to Ingrid who looked equally confused.

Sylvain let out a laugh, "Oh boy is it one heck of a story" he said.

"Shut up you idiot, she is not my girlfriend" Felix hissed.

Sylvain ignored Felix's comment, "Anyway, it was five years ago" he began "And Felix here" he said as he put an arm around Felix. "Had his heart stolen by the recluse of the Black Eagle house" Sylvain said.

Ingrid gasped, "You have a crush on Bernadetta?!" she giggled.

Byleth's curiosity was peaked, "How did it happen?" she asked excitedly.

Felix glared at her, "Nothing happened" he said irritated, "I was just trying to learn a move she knew with her blade" he said "And then Sylvain blew it out of proportion" he added. Byleth would have believed him, she really would have, but... The redness of Felix's face said otherwise on the matter.

"You were asking how to approach her, that can be interpreted no other way" Sylvain said.

Felix squinted his eyes at Sylvain, "You idiot" he began "She keep running off, how else was I supposed to learn her technique" he added.

Sylvain shook his head, and looked to Byleth and Ingrid, "The poor boy won't admit he's in love" he teased.

"We are in the middle of a war; we don't have time for such frivolous things" Felix declared.

Sylvain sighed, "Touché" he said. "Also, we might end up fighting on opposite sides sometime in the future" he added.

Byleth froze, would they really end up opposing Bernadetta? Before they invaded Garreg Mach Edelgard said she hadn't asked any of them to side with her, and Bernadetta didn't seem like the type to just join an army. Chances are she isn't with her, well not yet at least.

The groups conversation shifted, but Byleth was no longer paying attention to what it is that they were saying. And after a while she found an excuse to leave, she needed to find out more information on the Black Eagle students. They might be able to help Edelgard see reason in uniting her forces with the Kingdom and Alliance, rather than fighting them. Maybe if Edelgard sees that her fellow companions think they could work with Byleth and Claude then she will follow.

Byleth went to her room, she sat at her desk and began trying to figure out which former Black Eagle students would be her best bet at gaining Imperial support. Hubert immediately was out of the question; he would be the last person to even suggest Edelgard joining their side. For a moment she considered Ferdinand, since he had always wanted to prove himself as superior to Edelgard and this would give him the chance to but... Byleth didn't think that he would abandon his title or privilege to do so. Dorothea and Petra also seemed out of the question to Byleth since they were friends of Edelgard.

Byleth felt that Bernadetta would more than likely to join them, since this might be the most peaceful route if Edelgard would comply. There was also a good chance that Linhardt would join, since he was like Bernadetta, also Byleth could also use Crest research as a method to gain his favor. Byleth was a little unsure about Caspar, she didn't think he was super loyal to Edelgard but she knew his Father did have a high ranking so that might exclude him, but then again... maybe if she recruited Linhardt first, then he would be able to sway Caspar. She remembered them mentioning the fact that they have known one another since they were children.

Byleth sat back and looked at the mess of notes she had written, there were three of them that she might be able to sway to join them, but... she needed to act fast. Before there are any serious battles between them and the Empire.

I need to find a map, Byleth thought. She got up and left from her room, she knew exactly where she would be able to find an Imperial map. Ferdinand's old room.

Byleth entered Ferdinand's room, there was a layer of dust over everything. After a while of searching Byleth found what she was looking for, a map that help the territories of each noble in the Empire, she sat in the desk and began looking it over. Bernadetta's territory was the closest since it was just south of Garreg Mach, it probably wouldn't even take a day to get there. Caspar's was closer to Bernadetta's, but it didn't matter she needed to go to Linhardt's second, since he was vital to recruiting Caspar.

Byleth estimated that it would take her roughly a week to visit all the territories then return to Garreg Mach.

Could this work? Byleth wondered.

Byleth got up, grabbed the map, and left from Ferdinand's room. She needed to find Claude and tell him of her plans. Byleth checked the Claude's office, which was the Golden Deer office and he wasn't in there. She searched throughout the monastery, but she had yet to find Claude, so she decided to check his room.

Byleth knocked on Claude's door, after a few seconds she heard shuffling from inside. "Who is it?" Claude asked from inside of his room.

"Lorenz" Byleth said. Claude swung the door open and made a face at Byleth.

"Real funny, Byleth" Claude said sarcastically, he then stepped aside to let Byleth in, "Come on in" he said. After Byleth entered Claude closed the door, "So what do I owe the honor of this visit?" he asked.

Byleth walked over to Claude's desk and laid the Imperial map on it, Claude tilted his head in confusion then walked over to see what it was.

"A map of the Empire?" Claude said confused, "Are you looking for possible battle spots?" he asked.

Byleth shook her head, "No, I want have an idea" she began "I want to go into imperial territory to try to recruit some of the former Black Eagles students" Byleth declared.

Claude was quite for a moment; he was looking at the map "Who were you thinking of recruiting?" he asked. A wide grin fell over Byleth's face and before she could say anything Claude cut her off "Don't you dare say Hubert" he warned.

Byleth frowned a little, "You're no fun" she sighed, "But obviously not Hubert" she added. "I was thinking Bernadetta, Caspar, and Linhardt" Byleth said, she began pointing out areas within the map, "Bernadetta is from house Varley, which is just south of Garreg Mach" she moved her finger to the left "Over here is Hevring territory, which is where Linhardt is from" she said, then pointed far to the right "And her is House Bergliez, where Caspar is from" she added.

Claude looked up at Byleth "Are you sure about this?" he asked.

Byleth nodded, "Yes, I know the risks but having them on our side might help with swaying Edelgard" she said, Claude nodded, "And if that doesn't work then we have three more people to help in our war effort" she added.

"Are you sure about Caspar?" he asked.

"I have to recruit Linhardt first" she replied, "He is vital in swaying Caspar" she added.

Claude nodded, "How long will you be in Imperial territory for?" he asked.

"I estimated a week at least" she responded.

Claude sighed "So I take you won't be able to join us in Ailell" he said.

Byleth shook her head, "Well either way it's just acquiring troops and supplies, I'm not really needed for that" she said.

Claude groaned, "But you are the Dimitri whisperer".

Byleth laughed, "You'll be fine Claude" she said "It's only a week" she added. Byleth paused for a moment, "Claude please don't tell anyone that I'll be on a mission in the Empire" she said, "Just in case" she added.

Claude nodded, "I understand" he replied "Maybe you should take a few people with you in case of anything" Claude recommended.

"I'm sure, I'll be fine on my own" Byleth said.

"I don't doubt that, but... It also doesn't hurt to have back up" Claude said seriously.

"I suppose your right" Byleth sighed.

"Just let me know who you intend to take with you before we depart for Ailell" Claude said.

Byleth nodded, grabbed the Imperial map off of the desk, then exited from Claude's room, that was easier than she thought it would be, she kind of expected that Claude would argue with her on it, or try to talk her out of it.

"You know, His Highness probably wouldn't be too thrilled about you leaving from Claude's room. Especially at this hour" Byleth looked over at Sylvain who was standing in the hallway, "Although I doubt, he would admit it" Sylvain added.

Byleth sighed "What do you want Sylvain" she asked.

Sylvain shrugged his shoulders "I'm just curious, what you and Claude were discussing" he said.

Byleth looked around, the hallway was empty but... she couldn't risk anyone else knowing what she planned to do, that would leave her susceptible to an attack from the Empire if the information got out, "Follow me" Byleth hissed, and grabbed Sylvain's wrist. Byleth led him to the library, "Help me make sure we are alone" she said. Sylvain nodded and began scooping out the left side of the library while she took the right. Once they ensured that they were alone Byleth led Sylvain to a table.

"You know Byleth I'm mildly offended that you didn't trust being alone with me in my room" Sylvain said with a wink.

Byleth shook her head, "Sylvain can't you be serious ever" she scolded.

Sylvain shrugged, "Ok so what's up with all the secrecy, Byleth?" he asked.

Byleth put the map on the table, "I intend to go into Imperial territory to recruit some of the former Black Eagle students to our side" she said "The secrecy is so that it doesn't get out that I'm there" she added.

Sylvain pursed his lips, "This is really risky" he said seriously, "And you are going on your own? Are you crazy?!" Sylvain scolded.

Byleth shook her head, "No, Claude told me that I should take a few people with me" she said "I just need to figure out who I will take with me" she added. "And yes, I know the risks, but I think recruiting them might help with reasoning with Edelgard" she added.

"Tell me the truth, are you trying to set up Bernadetta and Felix" Sylvain said with a laugh.

Byleth threw her hands up in defeat "You caught me" she said with a laugh, I'll admit that did assist in my decision making" she added

Sylvain laughed, "I want to join you" he said "We've got to make sure Felix's betrothed is safe" he added.

Byleth was silent for a moment, "Although having you join me would be smart, it's probably best you go to Ailell with the others" she said "To ensure that Dimitri and Felix aren't at each other's throats" she added.

Sylvain shrugged, "I'm sure Ingrid could handle them for the time being" he said.

That was true, Ingrid is more than capable of handling those two. "Alright" Byleth said "You can come" she said, "We'll probably bring one more person with us" she said. Byleth grabbed the map, stood up then began heading for the door. She stopped, and turned back around to Sylvain, "Please don't spread news of our mission" Byleth said.

Sylvain nodded, "Don't worry, my lips are sealed" he said with a wink.

Byleth nodded, "Good" she said before she exited from the library.

(The 24th of the Pegasus Moon)

Byleth:

Today was the day that Claude and Dimitri were to leave for Ailell, The Valley of Torment. Over the past few weeks, they had been preparing for their trip, Byleth had also been preparing for her venture into the Empire. She would be lying if she said that she wasn't the slightest bit nervous about it, what if she had it all wrong and just put them in senseless danger? She sighed, No now isn't the time to have these doubt, they needed to set out soon, so they wouldn't raise any suspicion.

Byleth had decided that Lysithea would be the other person accompanying them to the Empire, Byleth was close to bringing Hilda, but she eventually changed her mind. Since Hilda might attract to much attention due to the Goneril house was fairly known, while the Ordelia house was a bit more reclusive, so not many people would know of Lysithea.

Byleth was mildly afraid of bringing Sylvain, what if they ran into one of his many former lovers and they say something about them being there. Byleth shook her head, she can't keep thinking about how things could go wrong. She sighed and got out of bed, then left her room to go have breakfast in the dining hall one last time before she left.

Byleth grabbed her food and sat down at an empty table, she ate in silence for a few minutes before someone came up to her and sat down with her, "You know Byleth, it's odd seeing you by yourself" Claude began "Normally you have people surrounding you" he added with a laugh.

Byleth shrugged her shoulders, "People are getting ready for their missions" she said.

Claude nodded, "That is true" he said, "Are you nervous for yours?" he whispered.

"A little" Byleth replied, "I just hope this trip is successful" she sighed.

Claude smiled, "You guys will do fine" he reassured, "So you three will travel with us out of Garreg Mach, then you'll split from us then circle back to Imperial territory" he said "And if anyone asks I will tell them that I'm have you guys taking a different route" Claude added.

Byleth nodded, "Yup" she said, "I feel kind of bad for you guys, the heat is going to be intense" she said.

"Glad you got out of it huh?" Claude teased.

Byleth shrugged, "Not going to lie, yeah I am" she said with a small laugh. Byleth and Claude chatted for a while longer before they left to the entrance of the monastery.

When Byleth and Claude arrived at the entrance to leave, Byleth saw Lysithea and Sylvain preparing their horses for the trip. She went over to them, "Are you both ready?" Byleth asked as she approached them.

"Yes" Lysithea said, and Sylvain nodded.

"Excellent" Byleth said, she looked over at Claude he seemed to be giving the group a speech of encouragement for traveling to Ailell. "Come on, let's hear what Claude has to say" Byleth said while walking over to where everyone was circling him.

"As you all are aware, we are leaving to Ailell momentarily" Claude began, "There we will be facing a scorching heat" he said "But do not let that weaken our moral" he added. Just think of what happens afterwards" he said "We will have the supplies and men from both Judith and Rodrigue to help lead us to victory!" Claude shouted.

Byleth heard someone shout something about food, she was certain it was Raphael. And with that they left for Ailell, the Valley of Torment.

They were traveling along the border in Faerghus territory, more specifically in Charon territory. Catherine suddenly came into Byleth's mind, she wondered if the other nobles in Charon territory held the same fealty for Lady Rhea that Catherine had. Byleth strongly doubted that they did, it was a bit uncommon for any nobles to be extremely devout to Rhea to that extent. Well there was Marianne, but she was devout to the goddess, not Rhea.

Byleth slowed the pace of her horse to ride beside Claude, "We are going to split now" Byleth said.

Claude nodded, "Good luck" he said with a wink, "Oh and be sure not to get killed" he added.

"Will do, same goes for you" Byleth said, then motioned to Lysithea and Sylvain to follow her. They steered off to the right, into Leicester territory.

The three of them remained hidden for a few minutes, so they wouldn't alert anyone of them turning back around and heading into Imperial territory. Once the coast was clear, Byleth looked over at Lysithea and Sylvain "Alright guys" she said "Let's go".

Claude:

Claude watched as Byleth, Lysithea, and Sylvain diverged from the route that the group was taking and veered off into Alliance territory. In all honesty Claude was a bit worried about the logistics behind trying to recruit the Black Eagle student but... If they were able to sway them to join, then they would undoubtedly be valuable assets to have on their side. Claude's train of thought was broken when his favorite brooding Prince decided to bestow his presence upon Claude.

"Claude" Dimitri said as he rode up beside him.

"What can I do for you, your Princeliness?" Claude said with a wink.

Dimitri glared at Claude, for a moment he thought that he might attack him for that comment, but Dimitri just ignored it. "I saw Byleth talk with you then, steer off on a different path with a few of the others" Dimitri said quietly, Claude was a bit impressed that he picked up on what they were doing was a secret. "Where are they going?" Dimitri demanded.

"I asked Byleth to take another route in Alliance territory, since it's more dangerous for her to be in Faerghus territory" Claude lied, "You know, with Rhea and all" he added.

Dimitri gaze bore into Claude, he felt mildly unsettled by it, and after a few moments Dimitri finally said something, "I don't believe you" he said.

Claude shrugged, "You don't need to" he said.

"I'm going after them" Dimitri declared, and began steering his horse around.

Crap, Claude thought. The last thing Byleth and the others need is the feral prince following them into the Empire. "Stop" Claude said, "Your presence is required in Ailell" he added. The both of them slowed there pace down so they were at the back of the group.

"So, they aren't going to Ailell" Dimitri hissed.

"No" Claude confessed.

"Where are they going?" Dimitri demanded once again.

"Sorry Dimitri, I can't tell you that" Claude said

"Why not?" Dimitri said loudly, Claude looked around. His outburst seemed to go unnoticed by their companions and troops, or they just chose to ignore it either way they were in the clear. "If you don't tell me I'm going after them myself" Dimitri threatened.

Damn, Claude knew he was cornered but... he did have an idea how to get his interrogation to stop. "I can't tell you, Dimitri" Claude hissed "Dammit why can't you understand that" he added. "It's like you are trying to get Byleth killed" Claude said quietly, he saw Dimitri flinch at that comment.

"What are you talking about?" Dimitri hissed.

"If you follow after her, then her death is guaranteed" Claude said "Are you prepared for that?" he asked. Dimitri didn't say anything, he seemed to be thinking something over. Claude sighed "I didn't think so" he said, "The less people that know the better" he added.

Dimitri didn't look at Claude, "Is she going into Imperial territory?" Dimitri asked quietly.

Damn, well there was no use in hiding it anymore since he figured it out. Claude nodded, "Yes" he whispered.

Dimitri got angry, really angry, "And you let her go?" He said trying to keep his tone down. "What if Edelgard gets her filthy hands on Byleth" he hissed.

"I don't think Byleth will willingly go with Edelgard if she isn't joining our side" Claude said defensively "Plus she isn't going to be in contact with Edelgard" he added.

"Tsk, you fool" Dimitri growled.

Claude shook his head "I don't want to hear it Dimitri" he warned "I don't care if you are still upset she chose to spare Edelgard, get over it" Claude hissed, "There is no use dwelling on it any further" he added. "You aren't going after them either so get that out of your head now, you're stuck coming to Ailell" Claude said.

Dimitri was quiet for a moment, "Fine" he finally said.

Claude felt a flood of relief fall over him, he thought for a moment that Dimitri might really go after them, and then all of them would be doomed. The two of them rode in silence for a few minutes. "So, tell me your Highness, do you stalk all your former lovers like this? Or is Byleth an exception?" Claude mused.

Dimitri rolled his eyes, "I wasn't stalking her" he growled "It's hard to miss someone with green hair wandering off onto a different route" he added.

Claude laughed "Yeah ok sure, Dimitri" he said "Whatever gets you through the night" he added Claude knew provoking the Prince was probably the stupidest thing to do on this mission, since they would be stuck with each other for the next week, but what else is there to do?

Byleth:

(The 25th of Pegasus Moon)

By the time that Byleth, Lysithea, and Sylvain reached House Varley it was the crack of dawn, the sun was beginning to peep through. It took a bit longer than expected to get there since Byleth had planned on them crossing over the Great Bridge of Myrddin which spans over the Airmid river. This bridge connects the Alliance and Empire, they were already nearby it when Lysithea announced that it might have Imperial troops on it, since they had been hostile towards the Leicester alliance for a while now. So, they had to trek back to Garreg Mach area and go through there to reach Imperial soil.

But alas, none of that mattered since they had finally made it to Varley territory, from what Lysithea had filled Byleth in on the trip there Edelgard had made Bernadetta's Father a prisoner in his own home, so there was a good chance that he was resentful of her. Which meant the Byleth, Lysithea, and Sylvain should be relatively safe there.

They stood outside of the Varley estate, Byleth was about to knock but she turned around and looked at Sylvain, "Sylvain there is no one inside of here that we need to be cautious of, right?" she asked.

Sylvain paused for a moment thinking it over, "Nah, we should be relatively safe in the Empire from my love escapade business" he said "Now Faerghus and the Alliance are another story" he added. Byleth shook her head then proceeded to knock on the door.

After a few minutes, a maid came and answered the door, "Yes? Can I help you?" she asked.

"Yes, we are here to speak with Lady Bernadetta" Byleth said.

The maid shifted "Um Lady Bernadetta doesn't take visitors" she said.

"Please? This is urgent" Byleth said "We are friends of hers from our academy days" she added.

The maid didn't look to convinced, "I'll see if she is willing" she said and opened the door to let them in. She led them into a parlor to wait.

After a few minutes Byleth heard a squeal at the entrance of the Parlor. She looked up and made eye contact with Byleth, she saw relief fall over her face once she got a better look of her guests, "Sorry for the apprehension" Bernadetta said, "The maid said there was a woman with white hair here, and I thought that it might have been Edelgard" she confessed. "I'll admit I'm relieved but..." Bernadetta began "I'm a little confused about the visit" she said. Bernadetta walked over to them and sat down on a chair.

"That is understandable" Byleth said, "I'll get to the point, we need your help Bernadetta" Byleth said.

Bernadetta looked shocked "My help?" she stammered "For what?" she asked.

"For the war" Byleth said.

"For fighting Edelgard" Bernadetta said, she sighed "I don't want to fight her, but... I also don't want to fight for her" she said.

Byleth looked at Bernadetta sympathetically "I don't want to fight her either, but we need to for the time being" she said "Until we meet face to face to clear everything up" she added. "My hope is that with you and a few of the other Black Eagle students Edelgard might see reason and see that we all need to unite for the common good of Fodlan" Byleth said.

Bernadetta was quiet for a moment, then she sighed "I understand" she said. She proceeded to stand up and head towards the exit of the parlor, "I will go with you" Bernadetta said, "I'll prepare to leave at once" she added.

Byleth nodded, "Thank you, Bernadetta" she said. Byleth heard Bernadetta ask the maid from earlier to prepare her horse, Byleth couldn't believe that so far, they were successful in the endeavors. A part of Byleth had been preparing herself for them to reject the proposition out right.

After a few minutes Bernadetta came back, she had a small bag with her belongings, "Ok, I'm ready to go" she declared.

"Great" Byleth said, then began guiding the group to the exit.

"So where is our next stop?" Bernadetta asked "You said, you were recruiting a few of the Black Eagle students" she added.

Byleth nodded, "Next is Linhardt, then Caspar" she said.

"Hmm, you might want to go to Bergliez territory first, it's closer" Bernadetta suggested.

"we have to get Linhardt before we go for Caspar" Byleth said, "I'm not sure if he would join otherwise" she added.

Bernadetta hit her forehead with her hand "Right, I forgot Caspar mentioned them being friends" she said "That would help sway him" she added.

Byleth smiled and nodded, "Yup, come on now we've got to go to Hevring territory" she said and exited from the Varley estate.

Claude:

(The 28th of Pegasus moon)

After four days of traveling the group that was heading to Ailell, which consisted of Claude, Dedue, Dimitri, Felix, Hilda, Ingrid, Leonie, Lorenz, Marianne, and Raphael had finally reached Ailell the Valley of Torment. Claude looked around at his companions, everyone looked exhausted from the heat.

"After the chillness of Faerghus, I can't seem to adjust to this extreme heat" Ingrid said.

"Ugh, why is it so hot? I'm getting all sweaty!" Hilda groaned.

"Don't be a wimp! Anything is worth it for more food supplies" Raphael said.

"Move over, Raphael. Somehow you make the heat even worse" Leonie complained.

Ingrid sighed "In conditions like these who knows what will become of our morale".

"Oh, I finally remembered! The legend goes that this valley was born from the wrath of the goddess..." Marianne began, "They say a pillar of light poured from the heavens and completely burned away the forest that used to be here..." she said.

"So, you are telling me the goddess, who is supposed to be benevolent, burned a forest to a crisp? Typical" Claude said.

"That is what the legend would have us believe, but it's not recorded in any of the scriptures..." Marianne said.

"Either it's completely made up or the goddess is some kind of monster" Claude declared.

Marianne frowned a bit at Claude's comment "It's also said that monks once used this area as an ascetic training ground because of the intense environment" she said "The legend fueled belief in a place of torment between our world and the next... where one's sins are purified in the cleansing flames" she added. Claude was a little surprised to hear Marianne say such a thing, but before he could respond Dimitri butted in.

"Nonsense. Sins are not so easily washed away" Dimitri scoffed.

Marianne shifted uncomfortably "Hmm, I don't have an opinion on it, but... There are no accounts of such a place in scripture" Marianne said, "But those who cannot face their own sins have no choice but to cling to the idea" she added softly.

Claude watched as Dimitri didn't say anything, he just looked down to the ground, as if he were contemplating something.

"Ugh, I don't think I can take this heat anymore. I think I'm starting to see things..." Hilda whined, "Near those mountains over there... Is it just me or is there a group of people gathered there?" she added.

Claude squinted his eyes; he saw a group of soldiers waving a banner. "Ah, has someone come to greet us?" Claude said.

"That banner does not bear the Daphnel Crest" Lorenz warned.

"And they don't look to be my Father's soldiers either" Felix said.

"If memory serves... that's the crest of House Rowe, formerly lords of the Kingdom" Claude said "They joined the Empire's side without hesitation during the coup. And now here they are, lying in wait for us" he declared. "Dammit we must have had a spy" Claude said frustrated.

"That is House Rowe's banner" Dimitri confirmed, "They curried favor with that witch and sold out Faerghus" he hissed.

"Hmph, looks like we'll have to meet my Father in battle" Felix said.

"House Rowe is mediocre and vulgar, but I hear their knights are powerful" Lorenz warned.

"What about the Daphnel soldiers? You don't think..." Hilda said

"I'm worried about Judith" Claude said "But we've already been spotted, so there is no time to come up with a brilliant plan" he sighed.

"How kind of them to save us the trouble of having of killing them later" Dimitri said with a twisted smile

"Everyone prepare for battle" Claude shouted. Claude was a bit worried since they didn't have their master tactician with the, but they will have to make do without Byleth for this fight, the fate of their army depends on it.

(End of battle)

During the battle both Judith of House Daphnel and Rodrigue of House Fraldarius joined into help them fight against House Rowe's soldiers. The terrain of their battle made the fight a lot more difficult then it needed to be but eventually they were able to defeat Lord Gwendal, and the fighting ceased.

Claude was standing beside Dimitri when Lord Rodrigue approached them "It's been too long, Your Highness. But try to temper your joy, will you? This is war, after all" Rodrigue said with a laugh.

Dimitri crossed his arms, "To say such a thing at a time like this. You have not changed one bit" Dimitri said.

"Don't let looks deceive you I've had a rough go of things ever since I crossed blades with those traitors in Fhirdiad" Rodrigue said, "When I heard that you were to be executed, I rushed there as fast as I could, blind with fury" he said. "When I got there, I was fed some garbage about not being able to see your body. Next thing I knew, I was gripping my blade and..." Rodrigue said then sighed, he closed his eyes. "I am grateful that you are alive" Rodrigue said, he looked over to Claude "And you... I have you to thank, as well" he said.

"Wrong person, the one you need to thank is Byleth" Claude said, "I appreciate the gesture none the less" he added with a wink.

Rodrigue laughed, "Well, we are in your debt. I will repay you for this someday, I swear it" Rodrigue declared, he then looked over at Felix. "And you Felix..." Rodrigue began "You have done well to bring his Highness here" he said.

Felix looked down, "Hmph".

"Tell us all you know Rodrigue" Dimitri demanded.

"There is not much to tell in the western region has been taken over by Cornelia, with the church support, but there are also some houses that went rouge like House Rowe and joined the Empire" Rodrigue said.

Dimitri nodded, "So I've heard, I believe they are calling it the Faerghus Dukedom, or some nonsense" he said.

"If you know that much then the rest won't take long" Rodrigue said, "Enemy or not, it's undeniable that Cornelia's plan was nothing short of genius. After seizing power, she invited the Church of Seiros to Fhirdiad" he said "There she reorganized her troops and then sent soldiers to hunt us down" he added. "Because of that we were forced to act defensively. And now we're being forced into a difficult battle. She's been controlling the situation all along" he explained.

"So that's been the witches plan from the start, I should have killed her ages ago" Dimitri said.

"Your Highness... Fhirdiad is in a terrible state right now" Rodrigue said "The tyranny is unbearable, and so the rebellions are endless. Refugees starve to death in the streets" he said. "If I may speak freely, Your Highness..." Rodrigue said "We should change our course for Fhirdiad and take down those traitors before we embark to Enbarr" he added.

Dimitri frowned, "There is no time for that. We must annihilate Enbarr before all else" he stated.

"Think this through. I understand wanting to destroy the Empire and the emperor. I want that so much it hurts" Rodrigue said "But which is more important, the dead or the living?" he asked.

Dimitri made a creepy face and looked down at Rodrigue, oh boy was he pissed off now. "Silence!" Dimitri shouted.

Rodrigue shook his head, "No, Dimitri you will hear me out" he said.

"Are you asking me... Asking the dead... to forgive that woman?" Dimitri hissed.

"No, I would not ask that of you. What I am asking is that you allow us to prioritize the Kingdom capital over the Imperial capital for now" Rodrigue said "As Lambert's closest and most trusted friend, I am confident that he would have advised the same" he added.

Dimitri did not like what Rodrigue just said, "how dare you put words in the mouths of the dead. They are your words alone, even if you borrow their lips" he hissed. "Until I offer that woman's head, Father will remain a slave to his lingering regret and hatred..." Dimitri spat, "Even now, he suffers. It is ceaseless. As we waste time with idle chatter, his suffering continues!" he shouted.

A look of disappointment fell over Rodrigue's face and he sighed. "You are my King. Our King. Wherever you lead us we will follow. But your Highness..." Rodrigue began "There are those who take up their sword in the name of revenge, and yet along the way, lose strength and composure to follow through..." he said "you would do well to bear that in mind" he added.

Dimitri looked away, refusing to make eye contact with him. "Ah, I nearly forgot. Take this, Your Highness. The time has come for it to be wielded by it's true master" Rodrigue said. Rodrigue walked away to a nearby carriage and grabbed something from inside it was a lance of some sort, it was covered so Claude couldn't see it well, he then went back over to them and handed it to Dimitri.

Dimitri looked puzzled for a moment, then drew the cloth covering the lance off. "Areadbhar... The Hero's relic once wielded by my Father" Dimitri said.

Rodrigue nodded, "The very same, I managed to steal it back from one of Cornelia's underlings in Fhirdiad" he said.

Felix shook his head, "Understated as ever, Father. It must have been a true struggle to get it back" Felix said.

Dimitri nodded, "I... I am grateful. my friend" he said, Claude thought Dimitri's thank you was a bit lame but... now probably wasn't the time to harass him on it.

Rodrigue looked over at Claude, "May I request something of you?" he asked "I wish to fight at your side" he declared.

"Senile already, old man?" Felix scoffed "Who will protect our territory?" he questioned.

"I expected it would come to this, so I left those matters to my younger brother. He has my complete faith" Rodrigue said, "I must keep my promise to our fallen King... to my dearest friend" he added.

Claude tilted his head, "What promise?" he asked.

Rodrigue smiled at him, "A very old one. I swore it nearly 10 years ago" he said, then turned to Dimitri once again "Now then your Highness. Let's destroy the Empire together. My men and I will spare no effort" Rodrigue said as he gestured to the rest of the former Blue Lions class alongside with Gilbert.

"Well, well, well" A voice called out, Claude turned around to meet its owner and came face to face with Judith. "To think we'd get into a scrap here of all places" Judith said, "We're lucky we all made it out alive" she added. "Anyways long time no see boy, I'm glad to see you have people watching your back" Judith said.

"Can you quit calling me a boy in front of everyone? I'm the leader of the alliance now. It's not proper..." Claude groaned.

Judith laughed, "Not proper is it? Says the leader who has neglected Alliance territory for years" she said, "If you're really the "Master Tactician" you should go back to working quietly at whatever little desk you do your planning on" Judith said.

Claude frowned; he hated that name as well. "Ugh, don't call me that either. Who even came up with that nickname?" Claude sighed.

"It's a perfect title for a boy who loves carefree schemes as much as you do" Judith said.

Hilda came up with Lorenz alongside of her, "Haha! Claude's normally so flippant, but even he gets overwhelmed when Judith is around!" Hilda announced to everyone around them.

"As expected from the leader of the prestige House Daphnel. Her dignity is beyond compare, even if she is no longer one of the Five Great Lords" Lorenz said.

"Now to business" Judith began "There were some unexpected interruptions, but I've brought soldiers and supplies, as promised" she announced.

Claude nodded, "Thanks, Judith. I'll gladly take them off your hands..." Claude said.

"Hold your horses, boy. You're misunderstanding" Judith said, "These soldiers are precious to me, I made them what they are. I'm not about to loan them out to someone" she said.

Claude was taken aback by Judith's remark. "No? Then why did you come here?!" Claude asked.

Judith sighed, "What I'm saying is that I'll be joining your army" she said, "You're going to be fighting the Empire, then against the Church of Seiros, right? Not without me" she declared.

"But you're the leader of House Daphnel. Is it ok for you to leave your territory unattended?" Claude asked.

"And what about you? Is it ok to leave the Riegan territory unattended?" Judith said.

"That's... I've left it in the hands of a reliable retainer and-" Claude said.

"And I've asked that retainer to watch over Daphnel territory as well" Judith butted in.

"Wait, wait, wait... You just up and decided to get my retainer to do that without even asking me? No respect, this one..." Claude huffed

Judith laughed, "He strikes me as a really special individual. And he's quite handsome too!" she said.

"So that's your definition of handsome?" Claude sighed.

Judith ignored Claude's comment, "No objections, then? Good. That settles it. House Daphnel is now yours to command" she said.

"I'm sure you'd come along, even if I refused. So be it. We'll be counting on you, Judith" Claude said with a wink. "Alright everyone, let's prepare to head back to Garreg Mach" Claude shouted, to his group and the new troops that had just joined their ranks.

Byleth:

(The 28th of Pegasus Moon)

The trip to House Hevring from House Varley took three days, since they were traveling past some mountain ranges west of Bernadetta's territory. Byleth considered for a moment them taking a slight detour through Remire Village since it would make for an easier trip, but doing that would add a day or two longer onto their trip

Everything was going well on the trip that was until Sylvain decided to open his mouth.

"So Bernadetta" Sylvain said, Byleth had been checking out the map making sure that they were on the right trail that leads to Linhardt's territory. "Do you remember my friend Felix?" Sylvain asked, Byleth looked up and saw that all the color had drained from Bernadetta's face.

"Yes, I remember him" Bernadetta squeaked.

Sylvain saw this and attempted to divert the conversation to a different subject, "Oh well, I brought him up since he found your satchel all those years ago" Sylvain began "And well, at the time I took the liberty of searching it and I found a half written manuscript? Your work I presumed" he said, "I gave it a read- through, and I wanted to let you know you're a really talented writer!" Sylvain enthused.

Bernadetta's mouth was hanging open in surprise, she looked completely dumbfounded by what Sylvain was telling her.

"I'm sorry. I peaked at the first page then the next, and I couldn't stop" Sylvain said, "I think it's good enough to publish. It's the kind of adventure story that will make people laugh and cry!" he added. "I love how you never know what mess the hero is going to get into next. I'm dying to read more!" Sylvain said, then he glanced over at her. "Uh, your mouth's hanging wide open. Bernadetta? Are you ok?" Sylvain asked.

Bernadetta snapped out of her daze, she shook her head, "Sorry, um... You were talking about a story?" she said.

"Yes? I read your book" Sylvain said.

"Y-y-you read my book?" Bernadetta said in horror.

"Yeah, and I loved it!" Sylvain said happily.

"Aaah! I'm so humiliated! Please, forget everything that you read!" Bernadetta begged.

"Humiliated? No, I think the word you are looking for is humbled because-" Sylvain began to say, but Byleth had heard enough.

"Sylvain" Byleth snapped, "Stop, look at Bernadetta, she doesn't want to talk about that right now" she scolded.

Sylvain hung his head, "I'm sorry, Bernadetta I just got a bit excited" he confessed.

Byleth looked back over at Bernadetta, she seemed to be saying something to herself, Byleth got closer so that she could make out what she was saying.

"Ugh, he actually read it! I regret everything..." she murmured, "Even if I burn the pages, I can't burn his memory. Not unless I throw him in the fire too" she said. Byleth had to stifle a laugh from coming out after imaging Bernadetta trying to throw Sylvain into a fire. "No, that's awful. Don't think things like that, Bernie" she mumbled.

Dear Sothis please give me strength to deal with these people, Byleth thought then she pulled back out her map and continued ensuring they were on the right path.

They reached House Hevring by noon, Byleth was about to knock at the door to the Hevring estate but Lysithea stopped her. "I got this one" Lysithea said, Byleth was a bit confused but decided to let her take the reins of recruiting Linhardt.

Lysithea knocked on the door and when the maid came and opened the door, she announced that they were her for Linhardt's Crest research. They were immediately let inside and Linhardt came to them within a span of a few minutes.

"Hmm, I don't think that you four are truly Crest scholars" Linhardt stated as he approached them, "But I can't say I'm disappointed entirely on the matter, I'm glad you four are allowing me to conduct my Crest research on you" he added with a shrug.

"I don't think so" Lysithea began to say, but Linhardt interrupted her.

"I think so" Linhardt said "And in return, I join you four on whatever train wreck you came to get me on board with" he added. "And my guess is that is to fight Edelgard" Linhardt said.

Lysithea looked over to Byleth for help on what to do, Byleth nodded "Alright, seems fair to me" Lysithea said.

Linhardt smiled, "Great, I was getting bored with the selections of Crests here" he said "I guess ticking off Edelgard is a small price to pay for my research" he added.

"You're insane" Bernadetta said.

Linhardt shrugged, "You joined as well, what does that say about you" he said, Bernadetta's eyes grew wide but she didn't say anything.

Byleth laughed a bit, "Ok Linhardt any questions?" she asked.

"Yeah, actually I have one" Linhardt said, Byleth nodded "I thought you were on Edelgard's side" he said, "Why the shift?" he asked Byleth.

"I don't intend to kill her, I just need to stop her" Byleth said "She has lost shift of what her true goal is, she is fighting the wrong people" she added.

Linhardt was quiet for a moment then nodded, "I see, you mean from shifting to fighting the Alliance from the church" he said, "That was odd, I'll admit" he added. "Well we should get going before it gets late" Linhardt yawned, "I'm sure you have others, that you intend to recruit" he added.

"Yes, just one last person" Byleth said.

"And who might that be?" Linhardt asked.

"Caspar" Byleth said.

"Hmm, you might have a bit of trouble with recruiting him" Linhardt said "But... It's not impossible" he added.

Byleth nodded, "That is where you come in" she said.

"Ah I see putting me to work already" Linhardt sighed, "Fine" he added.

Byleth nodded and with that they were off from the Hevring estate and began their journey to the Bergliez territory.

(The 3rd of Lone Moon)

Three days had passed since Byleth, Bernadetta, Linhardt, Lysithea, and Sylvain were in Hevring territory, they had to go East through the mountain ranges as before, and past Varley territory as well. As they drew closer to House Bergliez Linhardt advised that they camp out it the area between Varley territory and Airmid river, besides Gronder Field. Linhardt would go to retrieve Caspar from his estate and bring him to the others so they could attempt at getting him on board.

Bernadetta, Byleth, Lysithea, and Sylvain set up a makeshift camp while they waited for Linhardt to return with Caspar.

"What if he shows up with Edelgard instead, that would be something huh" Sylvain said.

"Way to be optimistic" Lysithea said.

Sylvain just shrugged, "It's best for Linhardt to bring him" Bernadetta said, "Caspar's Father, Count Bergliez oversees military affairs, which means that he is working under Edelgard" she said. "Us going in there would have been too risky" Bernadetta added.

Byleth nodded, "Bernadetta is right, plus we have no reason to suspect Linhardt working with Edelgard, that is pure speculation" she said.

"I guess so" Sylvain said

They chatted amongst each other until Linhardt came back with Caspar besides him.

"Hey-a guys!" Caspar shouted as he approached them, "Long time no see!" he beamed.

Byleth smiled, "It's good to see you again, Caspar" she said.

Caspar rubbed the back of his head, "So what's up?" he asked nervously.

And now it was time to get to business now that the formalities were over, "Caspar, we want you to join us back at Garreg Mach" Byleth said.

Caspar's eyes grew wide, "You mean in fighting against Edelgard" he said.

"Yes" Byleth confirmed.

A slight frown fell over Caspar's face "I'm sorry I don't think I could do that" he said "I understand wanting to stop Edelgard, but... I just can't" he said.

Linhardt frowned, "Why not?" he questioned.

Caspar sighed, "I don't want to have to fight my Father" he said.

Linhardt's frown deepened, "You used to tell us during the academy days that you were needing to make a name for yourself since you were a second born son" Linhardt said, "The son who would inherit nothing from his Father" he added "How can you make a name for yourself if you are following your Father's beliefs instead of your own" he scolded.

Caspar looked down and sighed, "I know" he said.

"Right here, right now you need to decide whether you are making your own future or following in your father's footsteps" Linhardt said.

Caspar was quiet for a while, "Alright" he said breaking the silence, "I'm coming with you guys" he added.

The tension from the air fell, "Good" Linhardt said "It would be a shame if you and I would have to fight each other" he said, "And I would hate to have to kill you" Linhardt said nonchalantly.

"What! No Way!" Caspar shouted, "I would so kick your butt!" he added.

"You're mistaken my friend" Linhardt said, "Remember tall people have the height advantage, thus making their victory ensured" he added.

"Um guys I hate to get in the middle of this argument but, we need to head back now" Byleth said, "Do you need to go back for anything Caspar?" Byleth asked.

"Nah" Caspar said, "I'm ready to go!" he shouted.

Byleth nodded, and they began their trip back to Garreg Mach while Caspar and Linhardt were arguing whether height has a factor in a fight or not.

(The 4th of Lone Moon)

It was night fall already by the time Bernadetta, Byleth, Caspar, Linhardt, Lysithea, and Sylvain arrived at the monastery, they had just passed through the entrance gates of Garreg Mach.

"Alright you guy, let's go see Claude" Byleth declared.

Byleth led them to Claude's room, she knocked on the door.

"Who is it?" Claude called out.

"It's Byleth" Byleth said, she heard Claude on the other side scrambling to the door, then it swung open.

"Well it's about time you got back" Claude said, he looked at the entourage behind Byleth, "I take your mission was successful" he said. "It's good to see you all again" Claude said, "It's kind of late right now, you guys should eat then get some rest" he added.

"Do we stay in our old rooms?" Linhardt asked.

"Yes" Claude replied.

The group said their goodbyes then left to either get food or turn in for the night.

"So how was it in Ailell?" Byleth asked.

"It sucked, there was a surprise ambush on us" Claude said, "When we arrived there, there were soldiers from House Rowe" he added.

Byleth was stunned, "Do you think there was a spy?" she asked.

Claude nodded, "That's what I'm thinking" he said, "Maybe I should go into the Abyss, and pay Yuri a visit to deal with this" Claude said.

Byleth shrugged, "That's not a bad idea" she said, "Plus having them would be useful" she added, Claude nodded.

"Well, I'll let you go for the night I'm sure you're hungry and exhausted" Claude said, "We'll talk more tomorrow, Have a good night" he said then entered his room and shut the door.

Byleth walked back to her room, she was beyond exhausted. Looking back, she doesn't understand how she managed to do it as a mercenary, but then again, the monastery had spoiled her a bit, well in her own opinion at least. Byleth entered her room door, and removed her armor, to where she was just in her black shorts and top, then laid down to go to bed. Goddess she had missed sleeping in a bed, within a few minutes she fell asleep.

Author's note:

Ok, so I know in the last chapter I wrote I said i would try to get them out in shorter chapter but that just doesn't seem to be working for me, So I will be uploading for sure at least once a week from here on out, and if I finish a chapter earlier than anticipated I'll publish it as well, but there are no guarantees on multiple chapters a week : (, sorry. Anyways I hope you enjoyed the chapter! And I hope everyone is staying safe, these are weird times. Well good-bye, until next week!

                   -Alexa 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

22.3K 427 25
A transfer student, Kendall Carvalho, enrolls in the Officers Academy at Garreg Mach. She didn't know what to expect on her first day, many surprises...
938 66 11
There's not enough Byleth x reader. Cuz, hes a pretty cool character. If I am gonna write another very late fe3h fic, maybe dimitri or ashe. "Profes...
5.9K 429 65
In a continent plagued with inner conflict, unfortunate struggles, and an imbalance of power, Fódlan resides in a state of unsuspecting threat. Howev...
21K 553 26
As the new female professor takes the job of tutoring the Blue Lions, everyone was filled with joy. But as months have passed Dimitri starts to feel...