Marry Me (Dramione)

By escapism-

Hermione Granger wants to get married and start a family of her own. But her future plans of wearing a wedd... More

01. The Beginning
02. The Deal
03. The Meeting
04. The One in a Million
06. The Rules
07. The First Fight
08. The Dinner Date
09. The Confrontation
10. The Invitation
11. The Night to Never Forget
12. The Morning After
13. The Stirring Feelings
14. The Grangers
15. The First Text
16. The Approval
17. The Opposition
18. The Talk
19. The Truth
20. The Complication
21. The Wicked Witch
22. The Aftermath
23. The Noble Idiot
24. The Lie
25. The Wedding Bells
26. The Bottle of Firewhisky
27. The Confession
28. The Master Plan
29. The End
30. The Epilogue
31. THE Q&A SESSION
32. The Q&A: Answers

05. The Other Woman

132K 4.4K 5.2K
By escapism-

Hermione nervously sat next to Draco in the teashop, fidgeting as she played with her fingers. They didn’t say a word to one another. They were just sitting in awkward silence for what seemed like an eternity. Hermione wanted to die. “Uhm, it’s very nice meeting you again.” She said politely, forcing a smile upon her numb lips.

Narcissa gave her a weak smile, sipping her tea.”I can’t say I feel the same.” She said coolly, placing the teacup down on the plate.

Hermione pressed her lips firmly down into a thin line as she hoped for the best that she wouldn’t cry. “Right.” She whispered and looked over at Draco who looked as if he wanted to laugh. She reached over and pinched his side, making him jump up in his chair.

“Ouch.” He muttered as he pushed Hermione’s hand away from his body. He smiled at his mother and turned to look at Hermione. “Love, please … my mother’s here.” He said smoothly with a wink, patting her hands down by her laps.

Hermione’s eyes widened as she scoffed incredulously. He was just planning on ruining her life, wasn’t he? She nodded in response and turned away, staring out with the window and stomping on his foot with her heel. A smile slid across her lips when she heard a loud thud underneath the table, probably his knee hitting the table. “Oh, darling, are you okay?” She asked with a treacly smile, her face covered with concern.

He cleared his throat as he glared at her. “You could win an Oscar, really.” He whispered into her ear.

“Right back at you.” She whispered back, sweetly putting a hand on his face. “If I die today, I’m dragging you down with me.” Hermione smiled and tapped his cheek with a lot of force.

Draco clenched his jaw as he put his hand over hers, bringing their hands down together. “That’s enough.” He whispered to her and finally turned to look at his mother who looked just about to puke. “Sorry, mother. We just can’t seem to keep our hands off each other. We missed each other so much.” He explained with a deep sigh, putting an arm around her shoulder.

Hermione froze in her seat as she simply put on a smile. She peeked out the window and saw Ginny standing in front of the shop with her back facing the window. Ginny. Oh no, she completely forgot. She continued to stare out the window, hoping Ginny would feel her intense stare and turn around.

“...Hermione got so upset that day and she refused to see me until I got your approval. Of course, I couldn’t let that happen because I can’t live a day without her in my life. She was just so ecstatic when I got your message to meet you here - I insisted she come with me.” Draco finished, which Hermione blocked out since she was occupied with garnering her friend’s attention.

“Miss Granger, you seem awfully preoccupied with something else.” Narcissa cut in coldly, looking Hermione up and down. “Miss Granger?” She called out but Hermione’s focus was still latched onto her friend. Feeling ignored and impatient, Narcissa leaned over and looked out of the window. “Miss Granger, isn’t that your friend?”

Hermione finally snapped her head over to Narcissa with wide eyes - as if she were a deer caught in headlights. “Huh?”

“Isn’t that Ginny Weasley ... she’s married to Harry Potter, right?”

The dazed brunette immediately nodded. “Yes, yes she is. I had no idea she was here.”

“Well, why don’t you invite her inside? We might as well have some tea with her while we’re here.”

“No, she’s busy.”

“She doesn’t seem to be busy.”

“No, I insist. She’s very busy.”

“Miss Granger, I really do think she’s free right now.”

“No, I don’t think so.”

“I’m sure she can spare just a few minutes to have some tea with us right her--”

“Well, Narcissa, she’s doesn’t.” Hermione snapped and immediately felt guilty for her outrageous behavior towards an adult.

Narcissa’s eyes widened but there was no sign of emotion passing her face. “Well, perhaps you’re right, then.” She scoffed and took a long sip of her tea.

Hermione sighed as she licked her dry lips. Draco smiled smugly at her as he winked, giving her a thumbs up. She wanted to hex him. But no, Ginny had her wand. And that brought her back to square one: how to get Ginny’s attention and tell her to run away? She cleared her throat and ever-so-casually hit the window with her hand as she ‘stretched’.

Ginny turned around suspiciously at the sudden sound behind her and spotted Hermione sitting by the window with Draco and Narcissa Malfoy. Her eyes widened as she clamped a hand over her mouth, trying to stop herself from laughing. Who knew this would actually happen? She made her way towards the window cautiously and stared at Hermione, giving her some eye signals.

Hermione locked eyes with Ginny and immediately cocked her head to the side, telling her to leave. She raised her eyebrows and widened her eyes all the while tilting her head a little to the side to get the message across. Ginny lingered there for a few minutes until she finally nodded, smiling big and walking away. Hermione let out a deep breath, feeling as if she gained ten years of her life back.

“Hm, it seems Mrs. Potter is gone.” Narcissa remarked, raising an eyebrow. “Miss Granger,”

“Yes?” Hermione responded politely, taking a sip of her coffee.

Narcissa cleared her throat and looked at her son. “Draco, dear, will you please go and and get us something to nibble on?” She asked with a sweet grin. Draco stared at his mom suspiciously but finally sighed, giving in.

“Of course, mother. I’ll be right back.” He told Hermione and reluctantly left the two women alone. Hermione immediately stiffened up as she felt a cold breeze send shivers down her spine. She chewed on her bottom lip as she nervously looked around, hoping to distract herself with something, anything.

“When’s Draco’s birthday?” Narcissa suddenly asked with a wide smile. “Surely, you know his birthday.” She said in a condescending tone as she waited for Hermione’s answer.

Hermione’s eyes widened as she gulped hard. Oh no. She wasn’t prepared for this. “Uhhhh, Dr-Draco’s birthday? Of course, I know his birthday.” She said with a loud scoff, smiling. “I, it’s … his birthday, how could I not know?” Hermione continued to prolong her answer as she scoffed and laughed, waving her hands around. “It’s like asking me what color is the sky? Of course I know his birthday … it’s such a special day.”

“Yes, and when’s the date?” Narcissa asked with a proud smirk.

“You know already, why are you asking me?” Narcissa stared hard at Hermione and sighed.

“I suppose you don’t know him that well, then.”

“No! No, I do know his birthday!” Hermione persistently shouted, trying to get Draco’s attention. He finally turned around and their eyes locked. “Draco Malfoy’s birthday is such a special day!” She exclaimed excitedly, hoping he’d get the hint.

“And when is it exactly?” Narcissa asked impatiently, scowling at the girl.

“It’s … it’s…” Hermione squinted her eyes as she looked at his fingers. “It’s Ma...ayy - June! June!” She said happily as she looked at Narcissa. “June …” Draco stuck up five fingers as he smirked, probably thinking how stupid she looked. “June 5th. Draco Malfoy’s birthday is June 5th.” Hermione said with a beaming smile, feeling accomplished. Narcissa raised an eyebrow, turning around abruptly to see Draco turned around and scratching the back of his neck.

Narcissa frowned as she stared at Hermione bitterly. She was really hoping Hermione to say the wrong dates. “That’s very good. What’s his favorite color?”

Making a face, Hermione looked over at Draco. He was wearing nice black slacks and a white collared shirt - he looked quite dashing. “Black?”

“What does Draco do for a living?”

“Oh, I know this one!” Hermione said excitedly and realized her mistake, awkwardly clearing her throat. “He plays professional quidditch.” She finally answered.

“What team?”

“The Cannons.”

“Has he ever gotten hurt because of his job?” Before Hermione could answer - or guess - Draco came back with a plate of cookies as he set it down in the middle.

“What were my two favorite women talking about?” He asked, casually taking a seat and planting a kiss on Hermione’s cheek. She wanted to punch him, but she kept a sweet smile on her face.

“We were just … getting to know each other.” Narcissa replied with a curt nod, clearing her throat.

“She was just asking me about you, probably trying to guess how much I know you.” Hermione revealed with a small smirk. She was getting good at this game. It was getting easier and easier to act … well, to be frank, rude to an adult. It’s not like she had someone to impress, certainly not Narcissa Malfoy. Huh, this was actually quite entertaining.

Draco nodded, smiling. “Mother, Hermione knows me inside and out - she knows me like the back of her hand.” He insisted with overflowing confidence which Hermione wanted to crush. “Go on, ask her questions, I insist, mother.” He said with a hearty laugh, earning himself a stomp on the foot again.

“Yes, where were we? Oh, has he ever gotten hurt before because of his job?”

Hermione casually looked over at him with a smile. She put a hand on his face as she waited for his signal. He put his hand on his lap and gave her a thumbs up. “Of course, of course. With a job like that, how can he not get hurt? He told me all about the scars and … bruises?” She guessed as she turned back to face him.

Narcissa’s face looked sour and bitter. She pursed her lips as she reached over for her cup but saw that it was empty. Disappointment. “Very well … what’s he allergic to?”

“Uhhh … kiwis?”

“You’re allergic to kiwis?” Narcissa asked with shock and concern as she stared at her son with gentle eyes. “You aren’t allergic to anything.”

“Uh, I know, mother. Recently, I think I’ve developed a kiwi allergy. People do say you can become allergic to certain things as you grow up.”

“I had no idea, dear.” Narcissa apologized as she sighed. “I suppose … Miss Granger does seem to know a lot about you.” She said, once again back to to the bitter and sour Narcissa.

Hermione smiled and stared at Narcissa. “But there’s so much that I don’t know about him, even right now. I heard that even a married couple learn something new about each other every day.” She spoke softly with a genuine smile. “There’s so many things I want to learn about Draco - is he a good father, is he great with kids, will he be a loving husband … there’s a lot of things I want to know but I won’t be able to unless you let us be together.”

“I feel the same way, mother. But I promise you, when I look at Hermione Granger, I can see her a part of my future and she’s someone who I can depend on and love every day.” Draco revealed as he took his hand in hers. “Please, will you just … give us a chance?”

Narcissa lifted her head up as she glared at the couple in front of her with shock. “Are you pregnant?” She asked incredulously with a scoff, pointing to Hermione.

Hermione rapidly shook her head no, lifting her hands and shaking them to further emphasize her answer. “No, of course not. Definitely not.” She explained with a small laugh. She turned to look at Draco who shook his head. “Do I look pregnant?” She whispered to him, feeling self conscious about herself as she cleared her throat, fixing her shirt. “But, please … it would be really great if you could give us another chance.”

Narcissa’s hardened face slowly softened as she let out a soft sigh. “There’s nothing I can do to change your mind?”

“Mother, just let us be together. We won’t get married - I promise. We won’t until you feel that we should, I just … will you let us at least stay together for a little longer? I can really say confidently that Hermione Granger is my soulmate.”

Something in Hermione’s heart stirred. She wasn’t feeling any rapid beating or skipping hearts - just sadness. Those were words she yearned to hear from a different someone - from someone who loved her and she loved him. But hearing them now, they were just words - empty, empty words.

“Draco, is that really what you want?” Narcissa asked, sighing as she nodded. “I just want you to understand that I want what’s best for--”

“Narcissa?” A sweet voice called out from behind her. They all turned to look at the girl standing behind them. The woman standing there was a gorgeous brunette and she was curvy in all the right places. One look at this woman and every guy would be drooling over her. Hermione self-consciously looked down at herself and frowned. To put it into very frank and simple terms: That woman was sexy and Hermione was not; whereas the woman had curves, Hermione was simply slim.

“Astoria, what brings you here?” Narcissa asked, beaming with wide grin as she got up, hugging the girl, Astoria.

Hermione and Draco stared at each other as they both thought the same question. “Who is she?” They whispered to each other at the same time. “I don’t know.” They answered each other.

“It’s so nice to see you, Astoria. My, you seem to have gotten even prettier since the last time I saw you. You looked so pretty in your picture, but seeing you face to face, you’re even more beautiful.” Narcissa complimented the gorgeous brunette with a smile.

“Oh, what’s the use of being pretty. You still look so young - I’m so jealous. How do you maintain such beautiful skin. You still look like you’re in your early thirties!” Astoria Greengrass replied back with a gentle laugh as she hugged Narcissa once more.

“Oh, don’t be silly.” Narcissa said and turned to look at Draco. “Oh, it’s great to see you here, Astoria. Here is my son, Draco.”

Draco took one look at Astoria Greengrass and instantly thought her to be gorgeous. But nothing more than that. “Hello.” He said with a curt nod, not even offering a smile. “I remember who she is now.” He whispered, casually taking a sip of his tea.

Astoria looked taken back but smiled back. “Nice to meet you, Draco. Your mother has told me a lot about you.” She said politely and her eyes slowly traced over to Hermione. “And you are?”

“Oh, she’s--”

“She’s my girlfriend.” Draco cut his mother off, getting up with Hermione as he interlocked their hands together.

Narcissa glared at her son as Hermione smiled. “Nice to meet you, Astoria.” She said as she stuck her hand out for Astoria to shake.

Astoria looked down at Hermione’s hand and dismissed it, looking back up at Draco. “I had no idea you were … taken.”

“Why’s that?” Draco asked with a small laugh.

“Well, believe it or not, you’re quite famous among all the women. You’re infamously known for sleeping around, a lot.” Astoria claimed sharply, winking at Hermione.

“Well, that’s the old me. This is the new me and I’m in love with my girlfriend. Now, if you’ll excuse us, we have a date to go on.” He said as he politely bowed to Astoria before dragging Hermione out the door. They continued on walking down the streets and once they were far enough away, he pushed her away from him.

“Isn’t she the girl you’re supposed to marry?” Hermione asked as she wiped her hand lazily on her dress.

“I can only assume.”

“Why wouldn’t you want to marry her? I mean, have you looked at her - she’s gorgeous.”

“Yes, I have and as a matter of fact, Astoria Greengrass is definitely gorgeous and incredibly sexy. However, that’s all I see and frankly, that’s a bit boring. She seems like the type I’d like to shag once and never see again.” He answered truthfully as he leaned against the brick wall, staring at Hermione.

Hermione made an ugly face as she sneered. “Oh, just like all those muggle girls you probably shagged while you were over there?” She asked, crossing her arms firmly across her chest. “That explains the bralet.”

“Right you are. I’ve had my surprising share of muggle women and I must say, they’re a lot more exciting.”

“I’m going to throw up.”

“You asked. I simply satisfied your curiosity.” He defended, raising his hands in surrender.

“Well, I’m sure you’ve had your share of fun for one lifetime. Maybe your mother’s right, maybe you should settle down. And I think Astoria Greengrass will be perfect for you: gorgeous, rich, a pureblood - do I have to say any more? She’s kind of perfect for you.”

“That’s the thing, it takes a lot more than a gorgeous, rich, pureblood girl for me to actually fall in love with her. Astoria Greengrass is exactly the opposite of someone I want to wed and that’s exactly another reason why I need you.”

“What if I don’t want to help you anymore?”

“Well, the ship has already sailed off. If you want, by all means, walk the plank but I guarantee you’ll be met with my mother’s wrath when she finds out it’s all been a lie and you were just helping me. Correct me if I’m wrong but I do believe you stated that you’d drag me down with you if you died today - the same goes for you. If I’m sinking, you’re sinking with me.”

“Are you threatening me?”

“No, of course not. How dare I threaten little Miss Hermione Granger? What audacity do I have to threaten you?” He asked, clearly mocking her with a wide smirk. “I’m just giving you a caveat that if you want out of our deal, you’re most likely going to receive a visit from my mother and she’ll be quite livid.” He shrugged, waving his hand as if brushing the topic off. “But you’ll handle yourself, I’m not worried.”

Hermione clenched her jaw as she faltered back. She slouched down a bit as she dropped her arms to her sides. He was right - the ship has already sailed. And if she decided to leave, Narcissa would surely try to kill her. “I hate you.” She muttered with a deep sigh, kicking the floor with frustration.

“Feeling’s mutual, Granger.” Draco smiled and backed off the wall, walking up to her. “Come on, then, let’s go.”

“Go where?” Hermione leaned away as she furrowed her eyebrows.

“You’ll see.” Without another word or warning, he grabbed her wrist and dragged her down the alley. “We’re going to my house.”

---

thank you so much for the wonderful feedback! I'm glad you all like this story as much as I like it :D I'm sorry it took so long to update, I've been quite a busy bee. But here it is, I hope you liked it! Please vote and drop a comment below :)

xoxo Annie

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

69.5K 1.7K 79
"Would you kill for love?" He sneered coldly. "Love has destroyed me into the woman who stands before you. Broken, tethered, and utterly infatuated w...
25.6K 1.5K 10
[COMPLETED] You're a Gryffindor who gets along with everybody. With everybody but Draco Malfoy. He is always bullying Harry Potter, your best friend...
972K 9.7K 37
he kissed her like his life depended on it. and it did. draco wondered if she knew- wondered if she'd still choose him. *currently in serious revis...
157K 4.9K 24
The wizards and witches we all know and love are back for their last year in Hogwarts! Hermione starts to receive unexpected love letters from a secr...