03. The Meeting

Hermione stared at her outfit in the mirror with a disapproving frown. No, this was wrong. She was wearing the shortest shorts she owned (which were still fingertip length and very modest) and a low-necked tank. It had been an hour since she had been up and running about, trying to find the perfect outfit to wear for the meet later in the morning. She even tried wearing heavy makeup which just made her look like a three year old experimenting with her mother’s make up. Nothing was going right. Everything she owned was quite reserved, which was the opposite of what she was supposed to be wearing. But she wasn’t going to go out and buy a pair of short shorts just for this occasion. It was just one meet and that was it. She was never going to see Malfoy again, so she didn’t have to waste any money on skimpy clothes, right?

Three minutes later, Hermione apparated herself in front of the Leaky Cauldron where she waited for Malfoy. Even though this was a fake meet with her mother-in-law, Hermione couldn’t bear to wear anything too revealing - it wasn’t like she owned any revealing clothes to start with. She simply opted to wear a sleek black pencil skirt and a nice white shirt - it was actually one of her most expensive shirts that she owned. To top it off, she wore her hair in a loose low bun with two small chunks of hair falling down her shoulder, so that it put a soft, romantic touch to her whole outfit. She checked her watch and let out a sigh, kicking the ground as she waited for him to arrive.

She didn’t even bother telling Ginny or Harry about her arrangement with Malfoy. Why bother wasting her breath talking about something that will end just as quickly as it started? And besides, if Harry found it she was doing something for Malfoy … he’d freak. Ginny, on the other hand, would try to understand her. She wasn’t ready to face either one of them so she decided to keep it in the dark. Today was Saturday and the duo had invited her for some tea, but she refused kindly just for this purpose. When Hermione woke up this morning, she had no idea why she had agreed to Malfoy’s ridiculous plan. She wasn’t sane yesterday. But she couldn’t really back out either because there was no way she could contact Malfoy in time. On the bright side, it was only going to last one or two hours, at the most.

“Granger,” A husky voice from behind her called out and she immediately turned around. Draco was wearing (surprisingly) an all white suit, which she had to admit, made him look very dashing in. It was her first time seeing him wear something other than black and honestly, he didn’t look too bad. What really caught her attention was that he was carrying a small shopping bag. Had he gone out shopping for his mother?

“Let’s get this over with.” Hermione stated as she began to walk off, but a strong pair of hands coiled itself around her wrist and pulled her back. “What is it?” She asked, freeing her wrist from his hand roughly.

“I thought I told you to wear something …” Draco’s eyes trailed up and down her body. “Not you.”

“I don’t own anything skanky in my closet, Malfoy.”

“I knew that would be the case, so I brought this.” He lifted up the shopping bag for her. “I asked one of my …”

“Companions?” Hermione asked with a smirk as she cringed away from the shopping bag.

Draco simply stared and nodded with a shrug. “Precisely. Wear this.” He said, shoving the bag into her hands.

“You want me to wear one of your … uhm … playmates’ clothes?” She asked with uncertainty, staring at the bag.