06. The Rules

---

The flat was spotless and clean, very pragmatically furnitured with only a few necessities. This looked like a house a rich, young bachelor living his life. Hermione scanned the rooms with dismay. It was cleaner than her house. "Well, this is quite something." She couldn't help but notice how everything about this house was just grey - as if someone had stripped away all the color in the world, leaving Draco with a monochrome house. But, that wasn't the case.

"Jealous, are you?" Draco asked, sitting down on the couch with an apple in his hand. He didn't even offer her an apple ... or a place to sit. But what more did she expect from him?

Hermione cleared her throat and sat down on the couch next to him. "Why did you bring me here?"

Draco took a bite of his apple and smirked, sitting up as he placed the apple down on the coffee table. "Well, I just thought ... while we're here, we could get to know each other." He said, winking as he placed a hand on her knee.

Hermione frowned deeply as she slapped his hand away. "You're disgusting."

"And you're not my type. Don't worry, it was just a joke. Don't get your panties in a knot," He shrugged it off, chuckling as he held the apple again. "No, I brought you here because someone is going to come visit us today."

"What? Who?" She asked, raising her eyebrows and gripping onto the edge of her purse with apprehension. "Your mother?"  

"Precisely,"

"What? How do you know that? Bloody hell, why would you bring me here?" Hermione shot up from her seat as she paced around the room frantically. "No, I have to leave."

Draco sighed, placing the apple back down again. "She's so dramatic. And she can't take a joke." He muttered under his breath as he got up from his seat with a groan. "Granger, calm down." Draco walked up to her, placing his hands firmly on her shoulders as he shook her. "I was just joking."

Hermione lowered her gaze on him, stomping on his foot. "That's. Not. Funny." She smacked him with each word. "I'm leaving,"

"No, come back. There's a reason I brought you here and it isn't because I want to shag you or that my mother's coming here to rip out our hairs out of our heads." He explained, rolling his eyes as he coiling his fingers around her wrist.

Hermione's ear perked up and subconsciously, she reached for her hair protectively. Shuddering at the thought, she looked up at him. "This better not be some kind of joke."

"No, I promise it isn't." He sighed and walked over to a plant on the kitchen counter. "Just in case of emergencies." He lifted the flower pot up and grabbed the spare key to his flat. He placed the flower pot back in its place and walked back to Hermione, handing her the small silver key. "Here,"

"What is it?"

"The key to my flat."

"Why would I take this?" She asked, leaning away from him.

"Because my mother is a scary woman and she will do anything in her power to break us apart. So, if you want to live, take this key." He stated, grabbing her hand gently and placing the key in the palm of her hand. "You only use this for emergencies only."

"Why can't I just apparate in here." She asked, shrugging as she held onto the key.

"I put the Anti-intruder jinx, intruder charm, and security spell over this flat to make sure people like my mother can't just barge in here. Besides, it's dangerous letting wizards apparate into my house. I prefer to the key - it's more safe and only a few people have access to it."