HWARANG Rewritten✅

By reachingforthestars9

Park Young-shil's daughter, Sa-do has lived a hidden life. No one knows of her existence. But everything has... More

Character List
1. Intelligentsia of Silla's future
2. Appointment ceremony
3. Seonmoon's black room
4. Rules and chores
5. Reading lessons
6. Pass
7. First friend
8. Sneaking out
9. Caught
10. Sparring
11. Park Young-shil's daughter
12. Secret is safe
13. Dance rehearsal
14. A brother?
15. Hangawi festival
16. Saving Ah-ro
17. Library
18. Dan-se
19. Nightmares
20. Hunting
21. Hwa Joong Jae Wang
22. Failed scare attempt
23. Fight to death
24. Delegation for peace
25. A collection of moments
26. Departure
27. Fifteen minutes
28. I am the King
29. Meetings with Prince Chang
30. Battle tactics
31. Fighting the Prince
32. Back to Seonmoon
33. Strangers
34. King as a subject
35. Open admissions
36. Confession
37. Assassins in Seonmoon
38. I need your help
39. Late-night water fights
40. The heist
41. A Sacred Bone
42. Suk Han-seong
44. Confrontation
45. Hwarang guards
46. Having faith
47. Strongest support team
48. Friends
49. Royal coronation
50. Smooth transition of power
51. First mission
52. Trouble at the border
53. Rescued
Epilogue
Character List (Part 2)
Bonus Chapter 1
Bonus Chapter 2
Bonus Chapter 3

43. Identity revealed

1.5K 82 13
By reachingforthestars9

Chapter 43.
Identity revealed.

Kang-seong slammed the door to Poong Wol Joo's office shut with a loud bang. How dare that old man expel him from Hwarang? And without even giving a valid reason! He stormed out and noticed another person. A Hwarang was leaning against the wall casually as if waiting for him. Kang-seong recognized him as one of Ban-ryu's roommates. Jae-won, was it?

"I guess this means goodbye. Can't say I am going to miss you."

Kang-seong frowned. What did he mean? Did he know already? Was he the reason he got thrown out of Seonmoon? Noticing his frown, Jae-won smirked. "Don't be like that. You know you deserved worse than this. After everything you have done... this is nothing."

"What the hell is that supposed to mean?" he snapped, trying to hide his sudden nervousness.

Jae-won stepped away from the wall to stand in front of him. His voice was low and unwavering as he narrowed his eyes at him, lifting a fist and counting off, "you had destroyed our instruments during the Hangawi festival and almost cost us a fail."

Adding a second finger, "you go and tell Park Young-shil that the King is in Seonmoon." That made Kang-seong gulp.

Extending a third finger he went on, "I saw you as part of the group of assassins that came to kill Seon-woo hyung," a fourth digit, "because of your information, all our lives were at risk in South Buyeo," and lifting the last finger, "and because of that same information, Han-seong is dead today."

With a deadly glare Jae-won closed his fist and added as an afterthought, "also, you have made Ban-ryu's life miserable ever since you became his Nangdoo. So, tell me why you shouldn't be thrown out of here like the traitor you are."

Kang-seong was dumbfounded. How did this guy know all this? But if he got kicked out... Grabbing Jae-won's robes roughly he shouted, "how dare you do this? Do you know who I am? I am Kang-seong! Park Young-shil is going to-"

Jae-won threw him off roughly, twisting his wrists in the process making him scream in pain. "Park Young-shil will do nothing for you because now you are of no more use to him," he huffed as he dusted off his robes without sparing him a glance.

Trying to grasp at any chance, Kang-seong warned, "Ban-ryu can't get a pass without his Nangdoo!"

"Oh really?" Jae-won's unworried smile made him lose his confidence. "Good thing, he has been assigned Han-seong's Nangdoo then." Kang-seong left in defeat.

...

The next time Ji-dwi went to meet his mother she informed him that Seon-woo was a Sacred Bone who was a legitimate heir who could challenge him for the throne.

He remained impassive, forcing himself not to react, because he already knew about this. He was the first one his friend had told this to. But now if Queen Ji-so knew, she would surely try to kill him under the guise that he had the audacity to pretend to be the King.

...

After returning to Seonmoon that night, he headed straight for the dining hall. He took a few steps through the entrance. "Jae-won. A word please."

Sa-do looked up at him, as did the rest of the Hwarang who all were there for dinner as all the chatter quietened down to a silence as they gave him their curious attention. Sa-do looked like she was about to protest about the huge scene he had just created but the urgency must have shown on his face because she got up and followed him out silently.

He led her all the way to the bridge. It was quiet and no one could come here and eavesdrop on their conversation without being noticed first. "Is everything alright?"

"I need you to do something for me," he said, ignoring her first question and when she remained quiet he continued, "I need you to guard Seon-woo."

Sa-do looked worried as she asked, "why? Is oraboni in danger?"

Ji-dwi nodded. "My mother will definitely be trying to kill him. I already ordered Pa-oh to protect him, but I would like you to do the same too."

"Why would the Queen Dowager suddenly want to kill him when she has been using him to hide your identity till now?" Ji-dwi let out a deep sigh as he told her about Seon-woo's real identity. "He is a Sacred Bone?!" she exclaimed, looking thoroughly dumbfounded and shocked.

"Yes. So that makes him a legitimate heir. And that means my mother is going to try and get rid of him."

Sa-do nodded in understanding as all the pieces started to fit together. "So you want me to what? Follow him?"

"Yes," Ji-dwi agreed, "because I am pretty sure he is going to try and save Ah-ro tomorrow when she and my sister go to visit the shrine of Nam-mo Won Hwa."

Sa-do's eyes widened as she realized that even Ah-ro was involved in all of the Queen's politics. "Alright. I will guard oraboni. Don't worry about it. I won't let anyone touch him or Ah-ro." Ji-dwi eased a little at that. After a few moments of silence, Sa-do remarked, "I know I shouldn't probably say this, but I really hate your mother for the game she is playing."

"I am not very proud, I assure you," he replied spontaneously.

Looking thoughtful, she mused, "but if oraboni is really Hwi-gyeong Gong's son, do you realize that it makes you both-"

"Brothers? I know."

Sa-do narrowed her eyes at him and then shrugged. "I was going to say cousins, but sure. Brothers work as well." There was a teasing grin on her face and even Ji-dwi allowed a small smile at that as his tension melted away gradually in her presence.

...

The next day, as Ji-dwi had predicted, Seon-woo had gone to get Ah-ro out of the Queen's hands and to safety. And as Ji-dwi had predicted, the Queen had sent the head of her royal guard with a few other soldiers to murder him.

Ah-ro almost took an arrow for Seon-woo, but an arrow shot by Sa-do snapped the first one in half. She and Pa-oh immediately rushed to the front, blocking out any further attacks. "Take Ah-ro and go to this address," Sa-do practically ordered, as she shoved a piece of paper in Seon-woo's hands. "Oraboni, stay there until I come and get you," she warned and he nodded, finally snapping out of the momentary shock he had gone into on realizing that Ah-ro had almost died.

...

Ji-dwi went to the palace and revealed himself to every member of the Royal Council, all at once, so his mother couldn't do anything to cover it up.

This was the only way to stop Seon-woo being targeted by assassins. The only way to stop someone else from dying wrongly like Mak-moon and Han-seong. Of course, this was a decision that Sa-do and Seon-woo knew nothing about until long after, when they couldn't stop him or defend him while he did it.

It was something that had to be done however and could no longer be avoided. Ji-dwi was tired of hiding and watching innocent people pay the price with their lives. He was tired of watching this game of tug of war that was happening with the throne. His mother and the Councilors had been so busy in protecting and vying for the royal seat, that they had completely neglected their duties to the people of Silla.

And Ji-dwi had had enough.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

94.9K 4.7K 32
UNDER REVISION. ❝ 𝙄'𝙙 𝙣𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙧 𝙚𝙭𝙥𝙚𝙘𝙩 𝙩𝙤 𝙨𝙚𝙚 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙧𝙚 𝙤𝙣 𝙨𝙩𝙖𝙜𝙚, 𝙬𝙝𝙚𝙣 𝙄 𝙟𝙪𝙨𝙩 𝙨𝙖𝙬 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙞𝙣 𝙖 𝙗𝙪𝙨 𝙩𝙬...
1.4M 38.6K 71
A cold hearted gang in the underground, merciless and powerful. They are the feared of the feared, no one will dare to cross their path. Yet, at hom...
2.5K 299 46
Ban Ryu's heart slipped from his grasp the very first time that he looked into Soo Yeon's eyes. But she was the daughter of his father's nemesis. A...
8.9K 409 18
A beautiful girl hiding her beauty. She wears a mask everywhere she goes. Her face is unknown to the world as dangerous gangs are after her beauty. S...