The Heartbreaker Agreement

By hlynn0124

You can't back out, you can't tell another soul, and you can't fall in love, until they say 'I love you' on t... More

Prologue: Love
Chapter One: The Player
Chapter Two: Shifting Style
Chapter Three: The Works
Chapter Four: Instagram Famous
Chapter Six: Losing Attention
Chapter Seven: One More Kiss
Chapter Eight: Keep Dreaming
Chapter Nine: Pulling Temptations
Chapter Ten: Beliefs
Chapter Eleven: Seclusion's Jump
Chapter Twelve: Home Sick
Chapter Thirteen: Breaking Walls
Chapter Fourteen: A Thousand Words
Chapter Fifteen: Brother
Chapter Sixteen: I Love You
Chapter Seventeen: Self-Destruction
Chapter Eighteen: Boy Like Me
Chapter Nineteen: The Letters
Chapter Twenty: To say Goodbye

Chapter Five: Incidentally Pure

828 22 5
By hlynn0124

Sarah's arm was clutching mine as we walked into school Monday, her face was red with anger from the not so nice comments on my Instagram, and while I was affected by it, I found it easier to not let it show. It made me mad; mad enough to run and a girl like me has to be pretty mad to actually run.

There were exactly twenty-two comments on my current status on Facebook and I was beginning to get freaked out by all the people that suddenly knew who I was. I smiled at a girl who glared at me as I went to class. This was starting to become ridiculous.

"Keep walking," Sarah snapped next to and I casted a glance at her, ready to tell her I could handle one girl even three, but there were currently four mumbling and glaring.

"I thought I did something important," I said to Sarah instead and she shrugged before glaring at the girls. "Something right, Sarah,"

She smiled at me. "I think you did," She said to me before looking back at the girls. "But these garden utensils don't understand how idiotic they are for trying to stick up for a tool like him." I giggled at her and she smiled back. "I've got your back, Avalon,"

I nudged her and she laughed. "You're the-"

"I'll kill you," I jumped at the loud voice and glanced at Sarah before pulling her into the crowd a few feet a head of us. I shoved through with my elbows as Sarah gripped my hips. "If you even think about saying something like that to her face, I'll beat the living shit out of you!"

As I came to the front, I stopped and stared in shook as Jaxon held a guy against the wall with his forearm pressed against guy's neck. I couldn't stop staring as the guy struggled under him and his voice spoke lowly. I strained to hear as he choked on air and clawed his fingernails against Jaxon's arm.

I couldn't believe my eyes as I stared at the two boys. "Ava, do you even know who that is?" Sarah asked and I glanced back at her as she peeked over my shoulder. I shook my head and she sputtered as she blew my hair out of her mouth, causing me to smile at her.

"Sorry," I mumbled and she continued to stare.

"That's the guy that made fun of you on Instagram," She pushed her way to stand beside me. "I can't believe that he's beating this guy up." She said, astonished, and I was about to correct her and say that he was doing nothing but efficiently holding a guy against a wall when the loud 'smacking' sound of skin on skin hit my ears.

I watched as the scene before me unfolded, Jaxon and the other guy, with dark matching hair, began to hit each other as if there was nothing to it. I stared, shocked, as Sarah jumped up and down beside me yelling 'fight' with the crowd in chant.

Jaxon's face was bloodied as he shoved the guy back against the wall and I moved a foot out of the crowd, the only person in the vicinity of them. Jaxon's face flew to the side with blood as he was hit in his mouth again and I shivered.

The other guy shoved Jaxon to the ground and I shook with a flare of anger. "Hey," I said, but the crowd's cheers engulfed my voice. Sarah called out for me, but I was already moving as the guy sat on Jaxon's stomach, his fists hitting Jaxon repeatedly.

"Get off of him," I yelled as I jumped on the guy and knocked him to the side. He shoved me off easily before going back for Jaxon as he tried to stand up. I stood again as my heart raced with adrenaline. "Get off!" I screamed over the crowd before jumping on his back and wrapping my arms around his neck. I'd never felt so alive, as the guy stumbled away from Jaxon and gripped one of my legs.

My back was thrown into the wall and I groaned as my head hit it painfully. The guy then turned around, his face red as he reared his arm back as if he was going to hit me. I stared, shell-shocked, as his hand came flying forward, but then he was on the ground, and Jaxon was on top of him. His fists hitting the guy repeatedly.

I stared, shocked that a guy would actually think to hit a girl, and almost just as shocked that Jaxon had been the one to actually defend my honor. It didn't take long to recover as I ran to Jaxon and pulled on his shoulder.

"Jaxon, stop," I said, but he continued. "Jaxon!" I screamed and he paused to look at me. There was something dark in his eyes as he stared up at me. My heart wretched at the sight and I continued to pull on him. "Let's go," I said quickly and he nodded as he stood and wiped blood off his face.

His hand was tangled in mine as I tried to pull him past the crowd, but he stopped, pulled away from me and walked back to the guy calmly. The guy was just beginning to stand and he clutched his face and breathed heavily, but a deadly smile came across Jaxon's face.

"Don't ever say another thing about Avalon," Jaxon said heavily as he threw his foot into the guys stomach and I stared, shocked. He did it all for me. Jaxon wiped his thumb over his upper lip and smirked as he came to me. "Are you hungry?" He asked as he threw his arm around my shoulders and steered me through the crowd.

***

"Quit being a baby," I snapped as Jaxon sat on a sink in the girl's bathroom. "I have to clean the wounds," His jaw was already beginning to purple and as I wiped a wet paper towel over the blood on his face, he groaned. Jaxon's already sharp features were attractive, but the bruise that was beginning to form on him was absolutely adding to everything he already had going.

It was hard to keep my eyes off of his as he stared at my face and I finally stopped and glared at him.

"I was just admiring the feel of your hands on me," He smirked and I slapped his arm at the dirty innuendo he'd made out of it. I knew it was dirty, but as my hand hit his shoulder he stared at me. "What did I say?" He asked and I locked my eyes with his, keeping them narrow and his face broke into a smile as he laughed. "You're a dirty girl, Avalon,"

My face burned and I gripped his chin before wiping harshly at the cut on his cheek. He hissed in pain and I smiled. "Sucks for you," I mumbled. He pulled away from my hands and gingerly touched his nose, that sucker was broken, no doubt. I sighed heavily. "We should fix that," I mumbled and he shook his head.

"It'll be fine, just grow back in a little out of shape," Jaxon smirked at me and I glared.

He pulled out his phone as I stared at him, debating. I'd seen plenty of movies where the actors pulled the noses to the other side and 'fixed' it. No way was I going to let him have a messed up nose. Besides, I always wanted to do something as awesome as put a nose back in place. It would be cool to have on resume.  'Once put a broken nose back in place like they do in the movies.' Yep, I totally wanted that on a resume.

First I had to distract Jaxon.

"Why did you beat that guy up?" I asked for obvious reasons and he looked up at me. "Don't ignore me talking, it's rude."

He shrugged. "You didn't deserve to be called out on something as ridiculous and rude as that on the internet. The only way I could think to fix it was by teaching him that it was wrong." Jaxon looked away from me and I smiled.

"It was nice of you," I said honestly. No one besides Sarah and Jaimie ever took up for me and I appreciated the effort he put into it. "So thanks for that," I said and he looked up at me again.

"I know what I said was wrong," He shrugged and I nodded carefully. "You're different though, Avalon," I blushed, if it wasn't for my smarter side, the side that hated the way he was acting towards girls, I would have been completely flattered by him.

"You different too," I laughed and he shook his head quickly.

"No I mean, you're really different, Avalon." He smirked. "You don't even care that I might be the slightest bit interested in you."

My face burned and I continued to stare at him, telling myself that everything he said was so that he could continue his games of breaking hearts and stealing virginities. No way was I handing mine over to him any time in the future.

"And you're so beautiful," He said as he continued to stare into my eyes and my mouth fell slightly. I was shocked, a guy had never called me beautiful before; stupid, fat and ugly, check, but not beautiful.

"I think you got hit in the head in the face a little too hard," I mumbled and he sighed.

"You don't even see it," Something passed over his eyes and I placed my hands on either side of his face, carefully. I needed to fix his nose before things got too weird. "You are possibly the girl that every guy wants, and is too intimidated to say anything to,"

"I'm not Megan Fox," I mumbled and he smirked at me. "You're still a jerk," I said as I stared at him and moved closer.

"And you're still artsy," My brows crossed and he laughed. "You make really funny faces when you think," He said and I smiled.

I have to keep going...but with a different method.

I thought as I leaned down. "I think you're interesting too," I whispered.

He sat and stared at me for a moment, and as I began to think that maybe I'd pressed to far or that he'd clicked the pieces of the stupid agreement together he smirked.

"I know you didn't drink the beer the other night," He said and I stared, confused as to how he'd known that. "You kept handing your beers to Erik; he was probably too stupid to even realize that you weren't drinking." He laughed. "And it explains why he was out of it a lot quicker than you were," His hand gently touched my hip.

I blushed from the contact and he smirked.

"You just so innocent about this stuff," He said as he pulled his hand off of my hip. "You don't drink and you obviously aren't used to any physical contact," Pure, one of the articles, mentions being pure instead of seducing.

"Shut-up," I mumbled as I thought of something embarrassing and my face heated with the thought.

Jaxon smirked. "It's cute," He said and I rubbed my thumb against his cheek, his eyes staying locked with mine. His face was hot and I felt my heart race with adrenaline as I let out a long sigh.

"I'm sorry," I mumbled quickly and as he mouth opened to ask questions, I pressed my thumbs on either side of his face and pushed it to the side quickly. He let out a low scream and I scrunched up my nose as his began to rush with blood. "I had to do it," I mumbled and he pressed his hand to his nose.

"Damn it, girl, you didn't think to tell me that you were planning and scheming in that pretty little head of yours to cause me pain?" He grumbled curse words quickly as I grabbed a paper towel and pressed it into his hands. Jaxon took the paper towels and coved his nose quickly and I forced a smile.

"At least now you won't have an ugly nose," I shrugged and he glared. I pinched my lips before bringing my hand to my mouth and began chewing on my nail. How do you act with purity? I thought as I shoved my hands into my mouth and Jaxon stared at me.

I shoved my hands into my pockets and he gave me a small smirk. "Do you feel bad?" he teased and I looked away. I was going to have to watch shows with girls who were completely innocent tonight. "Good, then maybe that's how I can talk you into going on a date with me." His smirk grew and I rolled my eyes.

"Do you always scheme girls into going on dates with you?" I asked sarcastically.

"Only you," he said simply and my fingers itched to tell Sarah.

***

My face burned as I looked at myself in the mirror. "Sarah, I look stupid, I don't even know where he plans on taking me," I mumbled. My skin basically glowed in the light of my room and there were two long, sheer lines of visible skin against my stomach. I was beginning to hate everything Sarah came up with. The black dress was beautiful, yes, but the neck line was low and the entire dress was short, no way was I bending over.

"I already had Tyler find that out," She said with a smile as she pulled me into her. "I love you, Avalon, you can do this," The doorbell rang and I swallowed past the lump in my throat, my nerves were rising.

"Here goes nothing," I said as I hurried down to the front door. "I've got it," I yelled as I opened the door. Jaxon stood there, his hands in his pockets and his face staring at his feet as they kicked a pebble. It made me smile knowing that he'd been affected with nerves too.

"Hey," He said as he glanced up at me. His shirt was black and short sleeved, but he looked good. It pulled against his muscles and his hair was a perfect balance of messy and neat. Jaxon was definitely a heart stopper.

"Hi," I mumbled as I stepped out and pulled the door shut. He stood closely to me, his eyes staring down at me and I blushed. Damn my cheeks.

"Sorry," He said quickly as he took a step to the side and held his hand out in the direction of a black motorcycle. "Ladies first," He said and I stared with my mouth open at the motorcycle.

"Is that a Ducati Monster?" I asked as I walked towards it. "Six-speed with Tubular steel trellis?"

Jaxon's face slackened and I swore that I saw drool on the side of his mouth before he licked his lips. "You know motorcycles," He said but it sounded like a question, so I nodded. He let out a sound between a scuff and a laugh before climbing onto it and handing me a flat black helmet.

I took the helmet from him before climbing onto the back of the motorcycle. I was pressed closely to Jaxon and wrapped my hands around him carefully. I loved motorcycles like this, but I'd never ridden one before. I gripped his upper chest as he let off the kickstand and moved his foot again, the bike roaring to life beneath us.

My body buzzed from the motor as I leaned into him further.

"Are you blushing?" Jaxon asked over the sound of the motor and I swatted at him. His chest rumbled with laughter and I smiled. Innocent was easy.

When we finally stopped in a movie theatre parking lot, I climbed off first. My butt was numb and I pressed my warm palms to my cold cheeks. Jaxon climbed off after me and smiled. "My cheeks are cold," I explained and he nodded before removing my hands and pressing his hands into my cheeks. I shrieked at the cold touch of his skin and laughed as I pulled away. "I thought you were going to be romantic and warm my cheeks, you jerk," I said between laughs.

Jaxon's dark eyes lightened as he smiled. "You were wrong," He said as he pressed his cold hand into mine and pulled me into the movie theatre.

The movie was a comedy and I couldn't stop laughing, the strange thing was, Jaxon didn't really laugh; he just smiled and stared at me most of the time. Then there was the hand holding, I wasn't sure if I was doing anything right but he seemed to know what he was doing.

We joked when he walked me around the mall and he bought me a cookie. The guy understood the importance of sweets. I was smiling nonstop and it was something I didn't fully expect being with Jaxon, but it felt nice and was fun.

I stood at my door with Jaxon and he looked at me as I laughed hesitantly. "Why do you keep staring at me?" I asked and he smirked.

"You have a beautiful laugh," he said and I stared at him, completely shocked. Did he know that the word beautiful was the way to affected me? I looked down at my feet for a moment before biting my lip. His hand pulled my face up and he stared at me. "Goodnight, Avalon," He whispered as he leaned closer to me.

My heart raced, I had never kissed a guy and there was no way I was going to be able to make it perfect now. I felt panicked as I thought of the movies I watched and pressed my hand against his chest.

I pressed my lips against his carefully and he held my cheek, his mouth moving with mine in sync and I kissed him back. He moved closer to me as I pulled away and his face stared at me, shocked. "Good night, Jaxon," I said as I turned and opened my door. "I'll see you tomorrow," I closed the door behind me quietly and sighed.

Leave the guy always wanting more.

I hoped that was exactly what he wanted. I'd kissed Jaxon Rhyker and I was praying to every god in existence that he wanted more. I needed him to say 'I love you.'

As I walked to my bed room, my phone buzzed and I sighed as I saw his name against the screen.

Jaxon: I would do anything for another one of your kisses. Good night beautiful.

Phase one complete. I officially had JadonRhyker's attention.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

44.1K 1.9K 12
โPromise me you won't tell him it's you.โž It's not merely a promise she was asking. Instead she's forcing her to tear her heart. โYou know I love hi...
27.5K 760 47
He just stood there. Looking at me. The way I had reacted had put him in a state of shock. "I... I um," Every word I had learned from pre-school to n...
239 31 16
โ‚ฌยฃยฅ "The world isn't all sunshine and rainbows, princess." He growls at me and then spits on the ground revealing blood. What is that supposed...
108K 3K 43
A story, in which a typical teenage girl falls for the school's bad boy. Except, she's not that typical and he's not that much of a bad boy. *** "If...