Down Memory Lane (narry)✔

By WritingZmyPassion

Memories are important for every human being. People keep memories in pictures, others keep them in diaries a... More

Prologue
Chapter.1
Chapter.2
Chapter.3
Chapter.4
Chapter.5
Chapter.6
Chapter.7
Chapter.8
Chapter.9
Chapter.10
Chapter. 11
Chapter.12
Chapter. 13
Chapter.14
Chapter.15
Chapter.16
Chapter.18
Chapter.19
Chapter.20
Chapter. 21
Chapter. 22
Chapter. 23
Chapter. 24
Chapter. 25
Chapter. 26
Chapter. 27
Chapter. 28
Epilogue

Chapter.17

1.1K 51 102
By WritingZmyPassion

Niall was awoken up by someone whispering his name.

He lazily opened his eyes and saw his sister-in-law and his brother along with their father in his room.

For a second he thought something was wrong until he remembered that it was his mother's birthday.

He looked at Theo cuddling into his chest and smiled, pressing a kiss to the head of the toddler.

"Morning everyone." Niall yawned. "What time is it?"

They all answered with greetings of their own.

"It's a little after six." Bobby answered and Denise walked to the other side of Niall's bed to wake up Theo.

"Six? Why are we up this early?" Niall asked as he sat up and stretched his arms and yawned again.

"Yeah, Maura is such an early bird, we have to do this before she wakes up." Bobby replied and Niall nodded.

"Alright, I'll be down in a bit." He said and walked to the bathroom after they left.

He freshened up quickly and walked downstairs in time for Greg to place the last pancakes on Maura's plate.

"Okay, I'm done with everything. Eggs check, pancakes check, fresh orange juice, check and red velvet cupcake." Greg said placing the items on a tray. "Theo, bud, wanna place the candle on Nana's cupcake?" He asked his very excited son.

Theo nodded and Niall watched fondly and Greg helped him place the single candle with a bright smile on his face.

His brother was an amazing father. He was so good with his son and Niall wondered if he would also be as good with his daughter.

He was brought out of his thoughts by Bobby asking them to go up quietly as he followed behind with the tray of Maura's breakfast.

They walked up quietly and when they got to the bedroom, Greg slowly pushed it open.

Maura was still asleep which was great and Niall watched as Theo squirmed in his mother's arms.

When the little boy was put down, he rushed inside and jumped onto the bed.

"Gamma wakey wakey!" He shook his grandmother.

Maura stirred awake and opened her eyes. He smiled at Theo and kissed his head, not noticing the others until they yelled.

"Happy birthday!"

It was a sweet moment as Bobby served his wife and they all wished her a happy birthday.

When she blew the candle, Theo smiled and looked at her.

"What did you wish for, gamma?"

"If I tell you then it won't true." Maura smiled and ruffled up his hair.

*

That night, after they got back from Maura's favourite restaurant where they had taken her for a birthday dinner because she didn't want a party, Niall found himself seated on the sofa in the living room while Denise gave his feet a rub.

"I'm so beat." He complained when she was done.

"I remember this, but it will pass quickly before you know it, you will have your baby in your arms and forget about all this." She smiled at him and he smiled back, picturing himself with her in his arms.

He hadn't yet told his family what he was having and he decided now was the time.

"Yeah, I can't wait to have her in my ar-" He didn't finish his sentence because it was cut short by Denise.

"Her?"

"Oh my god, you re having a girl?" Maura asked.

"I'm gonna have a niece." Greg smiled so wide.

"Yeah, it's a girl." Niall said with a smile of his own, heart swelling at having such an amazing family.

They hugged him and only pulled away when Bobby -who had gone to take Theo to the loo- returned with the boy in his arms.

"What did I miss?" He asked.

"He's having a girl, dad. I'm gonna have a niece." Denise answered and Bobby grinned.

He and Theo joined the group hug.

Niall wondered what made him keep his pregnancy from his family in the first place.

He loved them so much and he couldn't wait to spend all week with them.

****

The cold wind hit Harry's face as he walked along the pavement from meeting his sister.

It had been a week since Niall was gone but he always texted the Irish lad in the mornings and evenings and Niall always replied.

Gemma had called him and asked if he could have dinner with her and just catch up. He had of course agreed and told her to meet him at a little diner that was ten minutes from his building.

And after a nice evening out, he was now going back to his home.

Harry shivered and mentally hit himself on the head for choosing to walk instead of driving to the diner.

He pulled his coat closer to his body and buried his hands deeper into his pockets.

After a ten minute walk, Harry was finally in the car park of his building. He breathed out in relief but before he could take anymore steps forward, one car door opened and the door almost hit him.

He was very prepared to give the person inside a piece of his mind but the words got stuck in his throat the moment he saw who was inside.

Desmond Styles.

His father.

The man who had ruined his childhood.

Harry froze in his spot.

"Hello, son." Desmond got out and stood infront of a frozen Harry. "Someone told me that you live here but I didn't know your floor, so I was just passing by and I'm glad I saw you."

Harry's mouth opened but nothing came out of it. He had no nice things to say to his father so he decided to keep quiet, least he say something that he'd regret.

"Oh don't look so surprised, I am your father. I have a right to visit you." Desmond said and his voice only sounded taunting to Harry.

He tried, he really tried to remain calm but the older Styles was not making it easier.

"I don't want to see you. Not after everything that you've put me through. So I'm gonna ask you to nicely leave and never come back here again because I won't be so nice next time." Harry said through gritted teeth.

Desmond smiled. A malicious smile which made Harry internally cringe because he knew that face too well.

"Oh Harry son. It's not that easy, you took her away from me and I'm gonna remind you of it as long as I live. So I'm gonna come here again and I'm gonna make sure that it's engraved into your brain that you will never find happiness for what you did to her. You are a fuck up and you will always be. Your mother and Gemma will not protect you from everything especially not from me." Desmond said with so much anger swimming through his eyes and Harry wondered if he was really his father.

"Goodnight son." He said tauntingly and got into his car, his driver immediately driving off.

Harry felt his face get wet after his father left and it was only then that he realized that he was crying.

He gathered himself and walked inside the building, riding the lift up to his penthouse.

When he got to his floor, he walked to the door and opened it.

As soon as it was closed, he slid down the wall next to the door and just sobbed.

He hated to admit it but after all these years, Desmond Styles still had an effect on him.

The man had destroyed him when he was a child and now that he was grown up and could stand up for himself, his father managed to still get through to him.

He had grown up believing that what had happened was his fault because his father never missed a chance to remind him of it.

Harry took out his phone and called his mother.

He needed to hear her voice.

He needed her to assure him one more time that it wasn't his fault.

He needed his mother and no matter how old he grew, he knew that he would always need her.

As soon as she picked up and he heard her voice in the other side, he let it out and he cried.

*

After having a long talk with his mother, most of which consisted of him sobbing, Harry found himself feeling better.

He got up from the kitchen floor where he had managed to drag himself during the call, and poured himself a glass of ice cold water, drinking it slowly.

He made his way up to his room and striped down to his boxers, then he walked into the bathroom to take a shower.

When he got out of the bathroom and into his bedroom, he decided to write a song that he'd had in mind the whole day.

But before he could perch himself on his desk, he heard his phone buzz with an incoming call.

He had to blink twice to make sure that his eyes were not deceiving him.

Niall was calling him.

Never in a million years had he thought he'd see Niall's call gone through his phone again.

And with the biggest smile etched upon his face, he picked up.

"Ni? Are you okay? Is everything okay?" Harry couldn't help but ask.

"Yeah, I'm fine, Harry. Hello to you too." Niall chuckled. "I was wondering if you could pick me up from the airport."

Again Harry had to make sure that his ears weren't deceiving him.

Niall wanted him to pick him up from the airport.

"Yeah sure, Ni. You just landed?" Harry asked, not bothering to hide the excitement in his voice.

"Yes, I just landed and I don't wanna take a cab. You don't have to if you are busy but I ju-"

"I'm on my way, stay put." Harry said and then said bye to Niall then he quickly dressed up and rushed out of his flat.

*

"You look so good." Harry complimented Niall as soon as he saw him.

He held in his coo when he saw Niall blush.

"Thanks, so do you." Niall replied with a coy smile. "Thank you for coming."

"You don't have to thank me. I'll do anything for you two." Harry said and looked at Niall's bump. "Can I?" It was a long shot but he decided to give it a try.

"Can we go now, my back is aching." Niall said, changing the subject.

Harry sighed but picked up Niall's duffle bag and led the way to where he'd parked his car.

Once they were inside, Niall turned to Harry. "Yes, yes you may. I wanted to be seated in a half comfortable seat while you two talked."

Harry's heart skipped a beat at that.

He smiled and leaned down to rub and talk to Niall's bump. He felt all kinds of emotions hit him when the baby would kick his palm in response.

"What's wrong, H." Niall asked after Harry had pulled away from Niall's bump and was now wiping his face.

"It's just. I'm so glad you are here and you called me to pick you up and Desmond came by and messed me up but you two have brightened my night." Harry didn't realise he was rambling until he mentioned his father.

Niall knew about how Desmond treated Harry and how his childhood had been messed up because of his own father.

But he didn't know the real reason, no one but Gemma and his mother knew.

"Desmond? Is he still messing with you?" Niall asked.

Harry sighed and kept quiet.

"I'm here if you want to talk, okay?" Niall rubbed Harry's thigh making him smile a bit.

"Thanks, Ni. Really means a lot." Harry smiled and then he thought of something. He wanted to ask Niall where they stood as parents but he knew that wasn't the time and place so he let it go for now.

Harry started the car and drove to Niall's building while they talked about Niall's time in Ireland.

Harry still couldn't believe that Niall was seated in his car.

"Thanks for the ride, Haz." Niall smiled when they got to his complex and the nick name filled Harry's tummy with butterflies.

"You are welcome. I'm glad I could help. Anything you need I'm here for you." Harry smiled.

And he almost cried when Niall spoke up again because that was by far the best news.

"Would you like to accompany me to the doctor's appointment in three days? You'll get to see our baby." Niall smiled.

"What?" Harry croaked out.

"I thought about this long and hard, and I came to the conclusion that I want our baby to grow up with both parents. I want us to atleast be friends for the sake of our child." Niall said.

Harry was taken aback. He literally couldn't utter any words in response to Niall because he was gonna end up breaking down, in happy tears.

"Oh my god, Niall. Thank you so much. Thank you." Harry smiled at Niall and leaned over to hug him.

I hope one day we'll be more than friends. He thought.

Niall told Harry that he'd call him and thanked him one more time before he opened the door and got out.

Harry too got out so that he could help Niall carry his bag inside.

"You don't have to carry it for me." Niall said, gesturing to the bag that was in Harry's hand.

"You are my friend and are carrying our baby. I don't want you lifting heavy stuff." Harry said and nudged Niall lightly. "Now shut up before I carry you too."

____________________________________

Here it is my sweet creatures.

It's crap, you don't have to tell me🙈

It's gonna get better, I promise. I'm tryna get back in the writing mood.

Hope you are all safe.

I love you loads.

Spread the love❤

_Jay_

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.3K 937 32
My life crumbled into pieces, every part of me turned into dust. On the edge of the universe holding onto a string destined to break in half, perplex...
281K 12.4K 200
WARNINGS: During reading you may experience; hyperventilation, screaming, crying and the loss of ovaries. Just some funny, cute, sweet and so Narry f...
19.9K 708 55
Damn, no one would ever find out my secret. No one would know that I was a big wimp. No one in the world would know the truth behind the idiot who be...
10.1K 672 22
Niall couldn't leave but he wanted too, just wanted to pack up and forget... But he couldn't. 11.11.15 - 8.11.18